Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 10:33 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,824,565 times

Advertisements

Well it's here....and I have to admit I voted early but just couldn't vote for either one...THAT has never happened in my 38 years of voting....there...got that off my chest. ..on to the questions. .

DING DING DING. ..LAURA C GUESSED THE NUMBER OF THE WEEK....47.....
TAKE A CHANCE.....PICK A NUMBER 1-100!!_________

BEST ANSWER LAST WEEK..ALASKAN MUTT
Have you ever had to wear a Holter monitor overnight to check for palpitations or arrhythmia? I had to wear something when I was in the hospital a few years ago. Only once was I glad I was wearing it. I really needed to go to the bathroom. I needed help getting out of bed so I pressed the nurse call button. As usual the staff was really busy and after waiting 20 minutes I was getting rather desperate. I was about call 911. I waited another 5 minutes and then decided it was time for desperate actions. I unplugged the wires to the heart monitor. A nurse came running in my room. She was actually not amused to find me laying there not in cardiac arrest. Had to listen to the riot act before she helped me get out of bed. A couple days later the nurse got her revenge when removing the adhesive pads stuck on my chest for the wires. Let's just say I have won a hairy chest contest before!
AWESOME HOSPITAL SAGA MUTT

1. HAVE YOU EVER BID ON AN ITEM AT A SILENT AUCTION?

2. WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE FIRST LADY?

3.DID YOU RUMMAGE THROUGH ANY KIDS HALLOWEEN LEFTOVER CANDY THIS WEEK?

4. DO OR DID YOUR COWORKERS EVER BRING IN THEIR KIDS STUFF AS A TREAT FOR THE OFFICE?

5. PRESIDENT______________

6. DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIENDS ON LOCAL BALLOTS RUNNING FOR ANY OFFICE?

7. HAVE YOU EVER LIVED WITH SOMEONE...ROOM MATE, FAMILY. .ANYBODY... AND YOU'VE HIDDEN FOOD SO THEY DIDNT EAT IT?

8. HAVE YOU EVER SET FOOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE?
YOUR STATE CAPITAL BUILDING?

9. WHAT IS YOUR STATE CAPITAL?

10. DO YOU HAVE TO RAKE LEAVES?

11. _________DAY

12. WILL YOU WATCH THE VOTING RETURNS TONIGHT?

13. Do you know which president had a campaign advertisement promising "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A CAR IN EVERY GARAGE?"

Dessert of the Day..HOW PRESIDENTIAL
https://www.google.com/amp/s/allreci...ndroid-verizon

Have a great week everyone!!! See ya next Tuesday! !

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-08-2016 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: Edited thread title for clarification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 10:41 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
God help us!

Well it's here....and I have to admit I voted early but just couldn't vote for either one...THAT has never happened in my 38 years of voting....there...got that off my chest. ..on to the questions. .

Have you ever had to wear a Holter monitor overnight to check for palpitations or arrhythmia? I had to wear something when I was in the hospital a few years ago. Only once was I glad I was wearing it. I really needed to go to the bathroom. I needed help getting out of bed so I pressed the nurse call button. As usual the staff was really busy and after waiting 20 minutes I was getting rather desperate. I was about call 911. I waited another 5 minutes and then decided it was time for desperate actions. I unplugged the wires to the heart monitor. A nurse came running in my room. She was actually not amused to find me laying there not in cardiac arrest. Had to listen to the riot act before she helped me get out of bed. A couple days later the nurse got her revenge when removing the adhesive pads stuck on my chest for the wires. Let's just say I have won a hairy chest contest before!
It is amazing how hard it is to get someones attention in "Intensive Care"...

Eleanor Roosevelt I suppose, but that was before my time.

4. DO OR DID YOUR COWORKERS EVER BRING IN THEIR KIDS STUFF AS A TREAT FOR THE OFFICE?

5. PRESIDENT___Doom___________

7. HAVE YOU EVER LIVED WITH SOMEONE...ROOM MATE, FAMILY. .ANYBODY... AND YOU'VE HIDDEN FOOD SO THEY DIDNT EAT IT?

9. WHAT IS YOUR STATE CAPITAL? Austin where the weirdos live.

Sometimes.
11. _Nasty________DAY

You betcha!
13. Do you know which president had a campaign advertisement promising "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A CAR IN EVERY GARAGE?" Hoover or was it Colonel Sanders?

Thanks Linda! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 11-07-2016 at 10:53 PM..

Old 11-07-2016, 10:42 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times
TAKE A CHANCE.....PICK A NUMBER 1-100!! 19

No, I've never done that.
Betty Ford
No, we didn't buy any candy because we don't get trick or treaters.
Yes, that's one thing I miss about working - all the goodies people would bring to share.
5. PRESIDENT Obama

No, no friends are running.
Yes, sometimes I hide baked goods that I had plans for from Mr. Bay so he doesn't scarf them all down.
Yes, I took a tour in 1969.
No
9. WHAT IS YOUR STATE CAPITAL?
Sacramento
No
11. Election DAY (thank God it's almost over)

Yes
13. Do you know which president had a campaign advertisement promising "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A CAR IN EVERY GARAGE?"
I think it was Warren G. Harding, but I'm not sure. Edit: Wrong! It was actually
Spoiler
Herbert Hoover

Thanks, Linda! And congratulations, LauraC and Alaskan Mutt.

Old 11-07-2016, 11:05 PM

44,630 posts, read 61,620,191 times
Me numero for this week...37

1. HAVE YOU EVER BID ON AN ITEM AT A SILENT AUCTION? No.

2. WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE FIRST LADY? Dolly Madison

3.DID YOU RUMMAGE THROUGH ANY KIDS HALLOWEEN LEFTOVER CANDY THIS WEEK? No kids here.

4. DO OR DID YOUR COWORKERS EVER BRING IN THEIR KIDS STUFF AS A TREAT FOR THE OFFICE? Nope.

5. PRESIDENT pro-tem

6. DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIENDS ON LOCAL BALLOTS RUNNING FOR ANY OFFICE? Nope.

7. HAVE YOU EVER LIVED WITH SOMEONE...ROOM MATE, FAMILY. .ANYBODY... AND YOU'VE HIDDEN FOOD SO THEY DIDNT EAT IT? Nope

8. HAVE YOU EVER SET FOOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE? Walked around it.
YOUR STATE CAPITAL BUILDING? Been there several times, even sat in the big chiefs chair.

9. WHAT IS YOUR STATE CAPITAL? What, it's a building with a copper dome, where, it's located in Phoenix, AZ.

10. DO YOU HAVE TO RAKE LEAVES? Hahahaha no.

11.Doris DAY

12. WILL YOU WATCH THE VOTING RETURNS TONIGHT? Sure will, wanna see how my life will change in the coming future.

13. Do you know which president had a campaign advertisement promising "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A CAR IN EVERY GARAGE?" Yes, a vacuum cleaner was named after him.

Old 11-08-2016, 12:41 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,191,857 times

1. HAVE YOU EVER BID ON AN ITEM AT A SILENT AUCTION? no

2. WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE FIRST LADY? don't have any

3.DID YOU RUMMAGE THROUGH ANY KIDS HALLOWEEN LEFTOVER CANDY THIS WEEK? no

4. DO OR DID YOUR COWORKERS EVER BRING IN THEIR KIDS STUFF AS A TREAT FOR THE OFFICE? don't have a job

5. PRESIDENT Obama

6. DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIENDS ON LOCAL BALLOTS RUNNING FOR ANY OFFICE? i don't have any friends alltogether

7. HAVE YOU EVER LIVED WITH SOMEONE...ROOM MATE, FAMILY. .ANYBODY... AND YOU'VE HIDDEN FOOD SO THEY DIDNT EAT IT? yes

8. HAVE YOU EVER SET FOOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE? ....nope
YOUR STATE CAPITAL BUILDING? n/a
, some questions are harder/impossible to answer when you don't come from the US

9. WHAT IS YOUR STATE CAPITAL? i can give you the capital of my département, which is Bordeaux (i think, yes the one with the wine)

10. DO YOU HAVE TO RAKE LEAVES? no

11. D DAY

12. WILL YOU WATCH THE VOTING RETURNS TONIGHT? again, don't live in the US, so no...

13. Do you know which president had a campaign advertisement promising "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A CAR IN EVERY GARAGE?" no

Old 11-08-2016, 12:52 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
1. HAVE YOU EVER BID ON AN ITEM AT A SILENT AUCTION? Yes - you can often get really good deals.

2. WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE FIRST LADY? Michelle Obama - hasn't she been wonderful! I'm so proud of her and her family!

3.DID YOU RUMMAGE THROUGH ANY KIDS HALLOWEEN LEFTOVER CANDY THIS WEEK? No kids here, but I did buy a bag of white kit kats before Halloween. Yum, why have I never had one before???

4. DO OR DID YOUR COWORKERS EVER BRING IN THEIR KIDS STUFF AS A TREAT FOR THE OFFICE? No - but I've had to buy all kinds of schtuff to support what kids have to sell.

5. PRESIDENTIAL____________

6. DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIENDS ON LOCAL BALLOTS RUNNING FOR ANY OFFICE? Yes, I've gotten to know a candidate for state senate well. He's a great guy!

7. HAVE YOU EVER LIVED WITH SOMEONE...ROOM MATE, FAMILY. .ANYBODY... AND YOU'VE HIDDEN FOOD SO THEY DIDNT EAT IT? I don't really remember having to do this - of course, it's been years . . .

8. HAVE YOU EVER SET FOOT IN THE WHITE HOUSE? My family stopped there to go on the tour back in the early 60s but the line was too long so we didn't go in - I've always wished we had - is the White House even still open for tours???

YOUR STATE CAPITAL BUILDING? I've been in several state capital buildings but not my current one.

9. WHAT IS YOUR STATE CAPITAL? Pierre

10. DO YOU HAVE TO RAKE LEAVES? I just sweep them off the porch and driveway so they don't turn into a slippery mess when mixed with snow. Otherwise, they lay where they fall!

11. _Election________DAY

12. WILL YOU WATCH THE VOTING RETURNS TONIGHT? Oh yes, it's always exciting. Especially this year!

13. Do you know which president had a campaign advertisement promising "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A CAR IN EVERY GARAGE?" Didn't know about the car part of that quote. Wasn't it Hoover? He was actually an excellent administrator and a pretty interesting guy - just had the wrong ideas about how to get the country out of the Depression.

Thanks, Linda! I really hope that all of my fellow Americans are Sensible and Peaceful tomorrow!!!

Old 11-08-2016, 01:20 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,802,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post

TAKE A CHANCE.....PICK A NUMBER 1-100!! _16_

In history - Eleanor Roosevelt, in my lifetime - Lady Bird Johnson.

5. PRESIDENT_Kirkman_ <-- from the TV show Designated Survivor

7. HAVE YOU EVER LIVED WITH SOMEONE...ROOM MATE, FAMILY. .ANYBODY... AND YOU'VE HIDDEN FOOD SO THEY DIDN'T EAT IT?

9. WHAT IS YOUR STATE CAPITAL? Montgomery, AL

Some leaves but lots more pine straw & lots of pine cones & little limbs to pick up - finally found a nifty nabber to help with those, makes it so much easier!

11. _Christmas_DAY <-- 47 sleeps left until Christmas 2016

Ha, have you seen the TV programming schedules for all major networks? And DirecTV has even set up a new separate channel (Election HQ on 347) for 11/07-09 where you can view six news channels on just one screen! So, 'tis going to be hard NOT to watch if you have your TV on at all, but maybe HGTV or the Food channels won't be reporting it! All kidding aside, will check the results periodically, but continuously watch, no way!

13. Do you know which president had a campaign advertisement promising "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A CAR IN EVERY GARAGE?" Hoover of course,. can we bring him back?!?

Thanks Linda for Tuesday's QotD!

Happy Tuesday, good luck to all of us!

Old 11-08-2016, 03:11 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
1. HAVE YOU EVER BID ON AN ITEM AT A SILENT AUCTION? - Nope

2. WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE FIRST LADY? - N/A

3.DID YOU RUMMAGE THROUGH ANY KIDS HALLOWEEN LEFTOVER CANDY THIS WEEK? - N/A

4. DO OR DID YOUR COWORKERS EVER BRING IN THEIR KIDS STUFF AS A TREAT FOR THE OFFICE? - Yes, but I haven't seen that recently...

5. PRESIDENT Gas - The Psychedelic Furs (song, written for one of the worst - Reagan. Life hasn't been the same since...)

6. DO YOU HAVE ANY FRIENDS ON LOCAL BALLOTS RUNNING FOR ANY OFFICE? - No

7. HAVE YOU EVER LIVED WITH SOMEONE...ROOM MATE, FAMILY. .ANYBODY... AND YOU'VE HIDDEN FOOD SO THEY DIDNT EAT IT? - Nope, but I do have this story ---
25 years ago I briefly had a housemate who used to steal my beer. Sometimes she would replace it, other times not. But if I bought Guinness Stout my beer was safe.

- Yes to both, a very long time ago.

9. WHAT IS YOUR STATE CAPITAL? - Annapolis

10. DO YOU HAVE TO RAKE LEAVES? - Nope.

11 Perfect DAY - Lou Reed (song)

12. WILL YOU WATCH THE VOTING RETURNS TONIGHT? - Yes, on the internet...

13. Do you know which president had a campaign advertisement promising "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT AND A CAR IN EVERY GARAGE?" - No.

Thanks, Linda.
Proud to be voting for the sane one today, the one who did not bring up nuclear weapons in a positive light and the only one of the two who is qualified.

Happy Tuesday! Unexpected day off today.
Great interview yesterday. Nothing in writing but it appears I will be starting a new chapter in my life very soon.
I'm excited about the upcoming change...

Last edited by John13; 11-08-2016 at 03:28 AM..

Old 11-08-2016, 03:21 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Good Morning

2. WHO WAS YOUR FAVORITE FIRST LADY? I don't have one.

3.DID YOU RUMMAGE THROUGH ANY KIDS HALLOWEEN LEFTOVER CANDY THIS WEEK? No kids live here.

5. PRESIDENT of the United States

7. HAVE YOU EVER LIVED WITH SOMEONE...ROOM MATE, FAMILY. .ANYBODY... AND YOU'VE HIDDEN FOOD SO THEY DIDNT EAT IT? Yes, currently--my husband

9. WHAT IS YOUR STATE CAPITAL? Annapolis

11. One DAY (https://www.facebook.com/JewishStand...7/?pnref=story Super adorable video--I needed a tissue)

12. WILL YOU WATCH THE VOTING RETURNS TONIGHT? I will be in bed @ 7pm

Finally, November 8th is here... And the winner is...

Old 11-08-2016, 03:22 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,144,915 times
yes
barbara
nope
nope
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics