Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 02:22 PM

7,334 posts, read 2,742,485 times

Advertisements

~ Do you have any problem(s) with your computer...or whatever device you use to visit here?
It's been a little slower than usual. I refuse to pay the prices for the high speed stuff.

~ Are you planning on having some sort of good meal in the next week or so? What might you have to eat?
I always plan on having a good meal. For Thanksgiving I am going to make enchiladas. The big get together meal this year will be at Christmas.

~ Did you receive a telephone book this year? (directory) Yes. And I still use it.

~ When you are about to eat a whole baked potato, where do you cut the potato - what is your baked potato STYLE? Sliced lengthwise, slathered with butter, pepper, sour cream, chives, sometimes cheese.

~ What, if any, beverage do you have while answering these doo-dads? First thing in the morning it's coffee. Later in the day it is unsweetened iced tea.

~ What is a GRAND MAC? I have no idea.

~
Would you rather that foods in the market be downsized OR go up a bit in price? (Being specific is fine and dandy!) Neither, but if I had to pick one, it would be the price change (and I say that reluctantly)

~ Any kind of drink that you like from any particular shoppe? Nope...just the usual iced tea at the usual places. I'm not big on flavored coffees.

~ One place that you remember having good buns:

~ Describe a new emoticon (, , etc.) that you would like to have available here, to the side of the page:

~ Is your bed nice and comfy? Any wishes for something else for it? No it is not. I need a new mattress.

~ What are your thoughts about horseradish? I like it.

~ What do you like or dislike about a roasted turkey? It can sometimes be dry and it is a pain to clean up after.

~ What bread would you like to have for sandwiches this coming Thanksgiving weekend? Multi grain or wheat.

Thanks Roosty. Have a fun and safe weekend, every one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 04:00 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,352,256 times
I answered the questions this morning, then lost my responses. I'll try one more time.

~ Do you have any problem(s) with your computer...or whatever device you use to visit here? Only Windows 10.

~ Are you planning on having some sort of good meal in the next week or so? What might you have to eat? Probably not. I'll be alone on Thanksgiving since wife in another state has to work.

~ Did you receive a telephone book this year? (directory) Every year.

~ When you are about to eat a whole baked potato, where do you cut the potato - what is your baked potato STYLE? Through the long middle with a spat of butter.

~ What, if any, beverage do you have while answering these doo-dads? Coffee in the morning or iced tea if in the PM.

~ What is a GRAND MAC? I am clueless.

~
Would you rather that foods in the market be downsized OR go up a bit in price? (Being specific is fine and dandy!) It doesn't matter to me. I buy groceries like I buy cars or anything else. I pay attention to the unit price.

~ Any kind of drink that you like from any particular shoppe?

~ One place that you remember having good buns: Some of our Mennonite woman around have great buns.

~ Describe a new emoticon (, , etc.) that you would like to have available here, to the side of the page: Stifling my laugh emoticon (see attachment).

~ Is your bed nice and comfy? Any wishes for something else for it? Comfy enough.

~ What are your thoughts about horseradish?

~ What do you like or dislike about a roasted turkey? What's not to like?

~ What bread would you like to have for sandwiches this coming Thanksgiving weekend? Baird's white bread.

Great questions RR.

I just happened to see an obit today where my oldest brother's childhood buddy over 60 years ago passed away this week. Here's hoping that none of us QOTD'ers lose any of our friends, new or old, for at least the rest of the year.

Last edited by High_Plains_Retired; 12-11-2018 at 02:00 PM..

Old 11-18-2016, 05:20 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,646,355 times
~ Do you have any problem(s) with your computer...or whatever device you use to visit here? No

~ Are you planning on having some sort of good meal in the next week or so? What might you have to eat? dinner out-price fixe three course dinner

~ Did you receive a telephone book this year? (directory) right to the recycle

~ When you are about to eat a whole baked potato, where do you cut the potato - what is your baked potato STYLE? down the middle

~ What, if any, beverage do you have while answering these doo-dads? Diet Coke

~ What is a GRAND MAC? No idea

~ Would you rather that foods in the market be downsized OR go up a bit in price? (Being specific is fine and dandy!) downsized. People eat too much.

~ Any kind of drink that you like from any particular shoppe? Starbucks Cold brew coffee with almond milk 3x sweet & low, Tall.

~ One place that you remember having good buns: When I was 20

~ Describe a new emoticon (, , etc.) that you would like to have available here, to the side of the page: Dont use them

~ Is your bed nice and comfy? Any wishes for something else for it? Down top comforter, smooth sheets. It's fine.

~ What are your thoughts about horseradish? Never use it.

~ What do you like or dislike about a roasted turkey? I don't like how it tastes.

~ What bread would you like to have for sandwiches this coming Thanksgiving weekend? We won't have leftovers, thus, no sandwiches unless we go out to Subway or something.

***** Whoaaa! What's that smellin' mighty good comin' from the kitchen? *****Peanut butter cookies

Old 11-18-2016, 06:16 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
~ Do you have any problem(s) with your computer...or whatever device you use to visit here?
Well; for the longest time I thought I couldn't comment with a rep point because "my computer is too old" (aha; it's the scales in the upper right vs the green + icon lower left) Ahem. Anyway, now my only issue is that when I click on a link, if there is alot of "content" (click-bait) that takes alot of time to load ... everything on CD that is in blue; will dissappear. So weird.

~ Are you planning on having some sort of good meal in the next week or so? What might you have to eat? Not really. I blew through 2 weeks worth of my budget in one week because it was Luke's 13th birthday. I have not sounded the alarm yet because I'm just tired of the riot act. Sorry (not sorry); it was my baby's birthday. Looks like plain boiled pasta tonight but thats ok!

~ Did you receive a telephone book this year? (directory) You mean that tiny glorified junk mail thingy that was on my porch? Yep!

~ When you are about to eat a whole baked potato, where do you cut the potato - what is your baked potato STYLE? I just stab it & use a TON of butter, sour cream & salt; yum.

~ What, if any, beverage do you have while answering these doo-dads? Starbucks Double-Shot energy drink in a can. I... Feel... Nothing...I'm way beyond any hope Starbucks can provide. More like Mexican Cartel Superlab here (hey; that could be a new energy drink name)

~ What is a GRAND MAC?
Oh Lord! IDK. Luke's dad is named Mac. He's 6'4" & 260 so I'm used to the Mac Daddy or Big Mac comments. Right now I'm more fond of the fast food sandwich than I am of the dude.

~ Would you rather that foods in the market be downsized OR go up a bit in price? (Being specific is fine and dandy!) Ack! Just not the pasta; I beg you! At least not until next Friday?

~ Any kind of drink that you like from any particular shoppe? Coffee. 24/7.

~ One place that you remember having good buns I'm not sure?

~ Describe a new emoticon (, , etc.) that you would like to have available here, to the side of the page:
Kissy-lips?

~ Is your bed nice and comfy? Any wishes for something else for it?
Meh; it's ok.I would love to have a "my bed"; I have to sleep with Luke because of his "Autistic Elopement". Have now for almost 5 years.

~ What are your thoughts about horseradish?Like it!

~ What do you like or dislike about a roasted turkey?
I like it best when someone else has to cook it but I really do love it.

~ What bread would you like to have for sandwiches this coming Thanksgiving weekend? Hawaiian Sweet

Old 11-18-2016, 07:59 PM

38,885 posts, read 22,870,508 times
~ Do you have any problem(s) with your computer...or whatever device you use to visit here? Sometimes it takes a long time to either boot up or power down.

~ Are you planning on having some sort of good meal in the next week or so? What might you have to eat? Traditional Thanksgiving meal, of course.

~ Did you receive a telephone book this year? (directory) Yes, and I promptly threw it into the recycle bin.

~ When you are about to eat a whole baked potato, where do you cut the potato - what is your baked potato STYLE? Down the center.

~ What, if any, beverage do you have while answering these doo-dads? Water, milk or iced tea.

~ What is a GRAND MAC? Maybe it's the same as a Big Mac from McDonald's?

~
Would you rather that foods in the market be downsized OR go up a bit in price? (Being specific is fine and dandy!) I don't mind paying a little extra as long as I'm buying the same amount and quality.

~ Any kind of drink that you like from any particular shoppe? Chocolate malt from Dairy Queen.

~ One place that you remember having good buns: A local ethnic bakery.

~ Describe a new emoticon (, , etc.) that you would like to have available here, to the side of the page: I'd like to see a thumbs down icon. Also I'd like to see a laughing face icon.

~ Is your bed nice and comfy? Yes. Any wishes for something else for it? It's fine the way it is.

~ What do you like or dislike about a roasted turkey? Sometimes the breast meat gets dry.

~ What bread would you like to have for sandwiches this coming Thanksgiving weekend? Whole wheat.

I hope everyone's Friday was fabulous!

Old 11-19-2016, 08:28 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
[quote=rainroosty;46233920]~ Do you have any problem(s) with your computer...or whatever device you use to visit here?

Yes. This lap top was used when John bought it in 2011 and I desperately need a new one. Along with a new pair of skates, a new truck, and a new North face jacket
~ Are you planning on having some sort of good meal in the next week or so? What might you have to eat?
Yes and anything that has to do with fish.

~ Did you receive a telephone book this year? (directory)
Yes, last summer.

~ When you are about to eat a whole baked potato, where do you cut the potato - what is your baked potato STYLE?
I cut it in half the long way and save half for another day.

~ What, if any, beverage do you have while answering these doo-dads?
My morning cup of green tea. There had better be mint in it too. Don't make me come over there.

~ What is a GRAND MAC?
A super large serving of mac and cheese?

~
Would you rather that foods in the market be downsized OR go up a bit in price? (Being specific is fine and dandy!)
Downsized is good. It's just the two of us.

~ Any kind of drink that you like from any particular shoppe?
A chocolate milk shake from any where or a Sangria margarita from any where.

~ One place that you remember having good buns:
MMMM pretzel buns at the over priced burger joint around the corner.

A laughing one with tears like I have on my smart phone and a devil one with horns for the crabby people.

~ Is your bed nice and comfy? Any wishes for something else for it?

Yes it's comfortable.

Did you know that wasabi served with sushi is really horseradish died green? I hate it when it goes into my sinus cavity and burns the crap out of it.

~ What do you like or dislike about a roasted turkey?

I don't like dry white meat unless it's smothered in gravy or on a sandwich with mayo.

~ What bread would you like to have for sandwiches this coming Thanksgiving weekend?

Something home made from the bread machine.

***** Whoaaa! What's that smellin' mighty good comin' from the kitchen? ***

How about some fish? Am I the only weirdo that likes the smell of fish?

Thanks roosty. Sorry I missed you yesterday but we raked the whole back yard at 7am and went roller skating. I went straight to the couch and fell asleep. Me up at 7am? Kill me now.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics