Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 08:20 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):
When shopping, do you prefer the convenience of shopping online? Do you prefer going to the store and seeing/feeling the merchandise before you buy it? Or does it depend on the items you will be purchasing? What kind of items would you never purchase online? ONLINE ONLY. Nothing I wouldn't purchase online.

Bonus Question(s):

Have you ever attended an event such as an Air and Water Show? If so, what was the most memorable/exciting thing you saw? I've been to several air shows - jets are always cool.

Just For Fun:

Foodie questions.
Pick one answer for each, or add your own! Or, feel free to say EEW!
Black pepper: coarse ground, or fine ground? coarse
Cottage cheese: large curd, or small curd? ewww
Block cheese: sharp, or mild? sharp
Hot cereal: with brown sugar, or white sugar? sweet-n-low
Coffee: black, or cream/sugar? cream/sugar
Hot tea: honey, or sugar? sugar
Yogurt: plain, or with fruit? fruit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 08:56 AM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,206 times
Today's Question(s):
When shopping, do you prefer the convenience of shopping online? Do you prefer going to the store and seeing/feeling the merchandise before you buy it? Or does it depend on the items you will be purchasing? What kind of items would you never purchase online?
Normally the only things I buy online are things I can't find locally or the price difference is drastic between the store and Amazon or wherever else. One thing I wouldn't buy online: I don't think they sell gasoline online (yet!)

Bonus Question(s):

Have you ever attended an event such as an Air and Water Show? If so, what was the most memorable/exciting thing you saw?
Never been to one

Just For Fun:

Foodie questions.
Pick one answer for each, or add your own! Or, feel free to say EEW! Unfortunately, I'm going to have to say EEW to everything. I don't like any of them.
Black pepper: coarse ground, or fine ground?
Cottage cheese: large curd, or small curd?
Block cheese: sharp, or mild?
Hot cereal: with brown sugar, or white sugar?
Coffee: black, or cream/sugar?
Hot tea: honey, or sugar?
Yogurt: plain, or with fruit?

Old 12-07-2016, 10:07 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
[quote=PatsCats;46427318]Mornin' all!

I hope today's Qs find you ready to tackle things you must do today. Before then, pause for a moment and relax with the following...

Today's Question(s):
When shopping, do you prefer the convenience of shopping online? Do you prefer going to the store and seeing/feeling the merchandise before you buy it? Or does it depend on the items you will be purchasing? What kind of items would you never purchase online?

I could never buy clothes or shoes on line.

Bonus Question(s):

Have you ever attended an event such as an Air and Water Show? If so, what was the most memorable/exciting thing you saw?
Not since I was so small that I barely remember seeing it.

Just For Fun:

Foodie questions.
Black pepper: coarse ground, or fine ground? Coarse.
Cottage cheese: large curd, or small curd? Large.
Block cheese: sharp, or mild? Sharp.
Hot cereal: with brown sugar, or white sugar?Brown
Coffee: black, or cream/sugar? Cream and sugar.
Hot tea: honey, or sugar? Honey
Yogurt: plain, or with fruit? With fruit.

Today in History:

Arts/Entertainment: 1973 Wings release "Band on the Run"
Birthday: 1942 Harry Chapin, U.S. singer (d. July 16, 1981)
Sports: 1984 Allan Border's 1st Test Cricket match as captain (v WI Adelaide)
Science: 2012 Scientist in Tanzania discover the oldest-known dinosaur fossil - a 243-million-year-old fossil from the extinct reptile Nyasasaurus
World: 1941 Japanese attack Pearl Harbor

Today’s Word:
afflatus
Pronunciation: (uh-FLAY-tuhs)
Meaning: noun: A creative impulse or inspiration.
Etymology: From Latin afflatus (a breathing on), from ad- (to) + flare (to blow). Ultimately from the Indo-European root bhle- (to blow), which also gave us blow, bladder, blather, blast, flavor, inflate, and flatulence.
Earliest documented use: 1649.

Today is:
International Civil Aviation Day
Letter Writing Day
National Cotton Candy Day
Pearl Harbor Day

Quote of the Day:
"I've got nothing against selling out, but just let me do it for something that matters. Not so I can be Number One With a Bullet, as it were, but so I can leave this world feeling like I made a difference." ~ Harry Chapin ~

Thanx! And have a good day everyone!

Thanks Pat you too. It's house cleaning day today. We've been having non stop fun for about 5 days now and it feels like we're living in a locker room.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:26 AM

24,447 posts, read 25,978,821 times
Today's Question(s):
I do both, it just depends on what the item is. I don't think I would buy perishable food online, the exception being smoked meat that is delivered the next day and frozen.

Bonus Question(s):
Have been to both.
Air shows: Thunderbirds, SR-71, WWII enactments with lots of dog fighting.
Water shows: Sharks, proposes and boat races.

Just For Fun:

Foodie questions.
Black pepper: coarse ground, or fine ground?Both
Block cheese: sharp, or mild?Both
Hot tea: honey, or sugar?Plain

Pearl Harbor day 75 years ago I was baptized, 58 years later I and the Super Chief got married.

Thanx PatsCats.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:12 AM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Today's Question(s):
When shopping, do you prefer the convenience of shopping online? No.
Do you prefer going to the store and seeing/feeling the merchandise before you buy it? Yes.
Or does it depend on the items you will be purchasing?
What kind of items would you never purchase online?
I support local businesses.

Bonus Question(s):
Have you ever attended an event such as an Air and Water Show? Yes.
If so, what was the most memorable/exciting thing you saw? Navy Blue Angels, Air Force Thunderbirds air shows.

Just For Fun:

Foodie questions.
Hot tea: honey, or sugar?
Yogurt: plain, or with fruit? EEW!

Have a good one...

Old 12-07-2016, 11:44 AM

903 posts, read 582,790 times

Today's Question(s):
I like to do both. I think bigger items would be more difficult, things like mattresses, couches, etc. In the past, I wouldn't order shoes online, but since most major brands and those bought via Amazon allow for free returns, I will even get those.

Bonus Question(s):

Have seen first. We have a park here that use to have a water skiing show. I was also at an Air show when a group of new fighter jets led in a much older one. Seeing the old and new at the same time was really cool.

Just For Fun:

Foodie questions.
Hot cereal: with brown sugar, or (and) white sugar? I want both.
Hot tea: honey, or sugar? I actually usually put in a sugar-free syrup like peach or cherry.

Today’s Word:
afflatus
Etymology: From Latin afflatus (a breathing on), from ad- (to) + flare (to blow). Ultimately from the Indo-European root bhle- (to blow), which also gave us blow, bladder, blather, blast, flavor, inflate, and flatulence.
I had some of those a couple of nights ago (inspirations, not farts, well I had those, too). Actually quite amusing that a word meaning inspiration is linked to farting.

Quote of the Day:
"I've got nothing against selling out, but just let me do it for something that matters. Not so I can be Number One With a Bullet, as it were, but so I can leave this world feeling like I made a difference." ~ Harry Chapin ~

And of course, you too!!!
cd :O)

Old 12-07-2016, 11:56 AM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Bonus Question(s):

Yes! Many years ago at the Navy Show. I see how strong and good looking the guys were!

Just For Fun:

Foodie questions.
Black pepper: coarse ground, or fine ground? Depends what you are cooking!
Cottage cheese: large curd, or small curd? small curd
Block cheese: sharp, or mild? mild
Hot cereal: with brown sugar, or white sugar? brown sugar
Coffee: black, or cream/sugar? Cream
Hot tea: honey, or sugar? honey
Yogurt: plain, or with fruit? with fruit

Old 12-07-2016, 12:31 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,951,705 times
Today's Question(s):
When shopping, do you prefer the convenience of shopping online?yes Do you prefer going to the store and seeing/feeling the merchandise before you buy it?only bookstores, fabric stores, yarn stores and animal shelters Or does it depend on the items you will be purchasing?yes What kind of items would you never purchase online?I don't know of anything yet that I would not purchase online.

Bonus Question(s):

Have you ever attended an event such as an Air and Water Show?yes. At the Pima Air Museum. If so, what was the most memorable/exciting thing you saw? the first time I saw the Blue Angels was exciting, but walking around the airplane graveyard was pretty darn cool too.

Just For Fun:

Foodie questions.
Cottage cheese: large curd, or small curd?ew
Hot tea: honey, or sugar?neither...lemon
Yogurt: plain, or withfresh fruit?

Old 12-07-2016, 02:03 PM

7,332 posts, read 2,741,035 times
Today's Question(s):
When shopping, do you prefer the convenience of shopping online? Do you prefer going to the store and seeing/feeling the merchandise before you buy it? Or does it depend on the items you will be purchasing? What kind of items would you never purchase online? Depends on what I am shopping for. I've never bought furniture online.

Bonus Question(s):

Have you ever attended an event such as an Air and Water Show? If so, what was the most memorable/exciting thing you saw? I have been to an air show. The precision timing of the jets was awesome.

Just For Fun:

Foodie questions.
Black pepper: coarse ground, or fine ground? Depends on what it is being used for.
Cottage cheese: large curd, or small curd? Either; I usually buy small curd
Block cheese: sharp, or mild? Extra sharp
Hot cereal: with brown sugar, or white sugar? neither
Coffee: black, or cream/sugar? black
Hot tea: honey, or sugar? neither; I don't care for sweet drinks
Yogurt: plain, or with fruit? depends on the fruit

Thanks Pat for the questions. Happy Wednesday to all of you.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:54 PM

4,184 posts, read 3,397,060 times
Mornin' all!

I hope today's Qs find you ready to tackle things you must do today. Before then, pause for a moment and relax with the following...

Today's Question(s):

(I usually prefer online. Some of the things I buy can't be found locally. But I would never purchase any sort of furniture online, apart from a card table!)

Bonus Question(s):

(An air show, but so long ago I've forgotten most of it)

Just For Fun:

Foodie questions.
Black pepper: coarse ground, or fine ground? COARSE
Cottage cheese: large curd, or small curd? SMALL, FULL FAT
Block cheese: sharp, or mild? SHARP
Hot cereal: with brown sugar, or white sugar? BROWN, BUT USUALLY SALT, PEPPER, BUTTER
Coffee: black, or cream/sugar? JUST CREAM
Hot tea: honey, or sugar? STRAIGHT
Yogurt: plain, or with fruit? PLAIN, ONLY IN SAVORY CONCOCTIONS

Today in History:

Arts/Entertainment: 1973 Wings release "Band on the Run"
Birthday: 1942 Harry Chapin, U.S. singer (d. July 16, 1981)
Sports: 1984 Allan Border's 1st Test Cricket match as captain (v WI Adelaide)
Science: 2012 Scientist in Tanzania discover the oldest-known dinosaur fossil - a 243-million-year-old fossil from the extinct reptile Nyasasaurus
World: 1941 Japanese attack Pearl Harbor

Today’s Word:
afflatus

Today is:
International Civil Aviation Day
Letter Writing Day
National Cotton Candy Day
Pearl Harbor Day

Quote of the Day:

SAME TO YOU!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics