Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 11:58 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times

Advertisements

If the car is full of “rust” - they are from Michigan and the area around it.

If the car is full of dents and damage - they are from Kansas City area.

If the car window is broken out – they are from the theft capitol Phoenix area.

If the car is full of white snow and ice – they are from Denver area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 12:15 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Phoenix on a July afternoon - Driver's hands go back and forth from the wheel to the front of the A/C outlet because the steering wheel is too hot to touch, heck everything is too hot to touch, about 20 empty cups of Slurpees from 7-11 are on the floor, and one in the cup holder that's boiling after sitting in the sun for 30 seconds while the driver went into 7-11 to get another Slurpee, and that was just the number of Slurpees for the day! The driver goes 60 MPH in a 40 zone, and runs a number of red lights because he's in a hurry to get home and cool off in the 72 degree-comfort inside the air-conditioned house.

Without A/C in the Vehicle - Temperature outside is 117 degrees, driver is in even more of a hurry to get to his air-conditioned home, he holds a gun out the window and he's ready to use it if you don't get out of his way. He learned to hold his gun and drive with his right hand, and on occasions, you'll see his left hand out the window giving the half-peace salute to everybody that slows him down, yeah he's a former New Yorker. But, amazingly he's not sweating because it's a Dry Heat!.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:19 PM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Sorry MotorMaker, I should have been more specific, that would be in southeast Los Angeles, and only when somebody celebrates a wedding!
Ya MM, I'd have to agree with you. Was just joking with you.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:48 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmousern View Post
MN...one hand on wheel, other hand reaching out window trying to catch the windshield wiper to snap the ice of the blade.
hahaha

Ive done that many times myself here in Illinois.

Old 02-29-2008, 03:06 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Both hands in the air, 1 foot on the brake pedal, 1 foot on the gas pedal, front bumper against rear bumper of car in front of you, going nowhere. Washington, DC....

Old 02-29-2008, 04:44 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
More NC driving:
Never stop for yellow caution light--Statesville
Never stop for red light--Charlotte
Constantly changing lanes--Fayetteville
Riding bumpers and blowing horns--Indian Trail, Charlotte, anywhere that has new residents that just moved in
Slow as the seven year itch Sunday drivers--Waxhaw
Strange new rules that are not in the NC Drivers Law Manual--Wesley Chapel
90 miles an hour on small dirt roads--Wilkes County
Stop and say hello to you neighbor while each of you are still in your cars going in opposite direction--Ashe County
Driving on the wrong side of the road--Hickory
Driving cars that seem to have no brakes--Raleigh

Old 02-29-2008, 09:08 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,526 times
That was a good!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 04:24 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
thefer, We were looking for a home in the Hickory area forty some years ago. We got in the car of the real estate agent (this man was so old he would have to be dead now). Right in front of a mall there, he got on the wrong side of the four lane road and I know he traveled (It seemed like a mile) probably .1 of a mile in that lane and made a left turn up a ramp. I am sure he heard my intake of breath, or maybe we said something, because he commented that it would be all right. He said he does it all the time.

I sat there in the back seat and promised God that if he would let me get out of that car alive that I promised never to get in the car with that man again. We learned to tell real estate agents that we would meet them at the home locations. Just give us the address. LOL

Sometimes, I wish we had bought the home he took us to, although it was extremely old. The view from that homeplace was breathtaking. But then, so was the ride.

We have lived or visited in and around all the towns I mentioned and those were the observations of local driving habits in those areas. For instance, if you go to Statesville and stop for a yellow caution light, you are going to get "creamed."

You have not experienced life/death until you have had one of those Wilkes natives pass you on a road that is the size of a driveway. You say, "What was that" and he is gone.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:12 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,122,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
More NC driving:
Never stop for yellow caution light--Statesville
Never stop for red light--Charlotte
Constantly changing lanes--Fayetteville
Riding bumpers and blowing horns--Indian Trail, Charlotte, anywhere that has new residents that just moved in
Slow as the seven year itch Sunday drivers--Waxhaw
Strange new rules that are not in the NC Drivers Law Manual--Wesley Chapel
90 miles an hour on small dirt roads--Wilkes County
Stop and say hello to you neighbor while each of you are still in your cars going in opposite direction--Ashe County
Driving on the wrong side of the road--Hickory
Driving cars that seem to have no brakes--Raleigh
and to add to this list

Passing you at a high rate of speed, on a 2 lane side road, across the double solid center line, with orange lights flashing but there is no fire but the ABC store is about to close...y'all are in Johnston County, North Carolina

Old 03-01-2008, 08:53 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,136 times
I know NCN I know!! My hubby comes out of Maxs and goes up the road on the wrong side all the time and we have a friend that backs up the off ramp on I40 if he misses his
exit! The Hickory drivers are nuts!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics