Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 05:42 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

A chilly good morning from sunny Fla where the temp is 32 & the windchill is 25
When I saw that today is National Tooth Fairy Day it reminded me of
last week when I was at school for butterfly class one of our 2nd graders came up and said "Look, look Ms. Karla I lost a tooth" I said " That is exciting, did the tooth fairy come to visit" She said "Yes and left me $5" I almost fell over $5 !!!! for a tooth wow how things have changed. It also gave me the idea for

Todays question:

When you were little and left your tooth under your pillow, how much did the Tooth Fairy leave ?

Extra credit: Parents that are now in the tooth "fairy mode" how much do you leave.

quintuple credit : if you ever "caught" the TF in action.

Today in history:

February 28, 1066 Westminster Abbey opens
February 28, 1972 Last broadcast of "M*A*S*H" on NBC-TV

Word of the day:

fallible
\FAL-uh-bul\, adjective:
1. Liable to make a mistake.
2. Liable to be inaccurate or erroneous.

Today is National Chocolate Souffle Day
it is also
Public Sleeping Day
and
National Tooth Fairy Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 05:57 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
When you were little and left your tooth under your pillow, how much did the Tooth Fairy leave ?

I'm straining my brain on this one, I want to say a quarter but thats way to much for when I was a kid, I'm going with a nickel, Am I right? Did I win anything? Is there a Meth Tooth Fairy? they would probably go broke. When the Dentist pulls your tooth does he put it under his pillow?
I wonder what the Tooth Fairy thinks of Dentist's.
What if a person took out their dentures and put them under their pillow? Would the Tooth Fairy take them and leave fake money?

Have a nice day, I'll be here all week

Old 02-28-2008, 05:58 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,187 times
Good morning all!
Let's see, if I remember correctly it was a quarter if I was lucky.
My son always got $1 and more often than not, he would yank a tooth out just before bed. We almost never have cash on us and if we do it is a larger bill, so my husband made more than one late evening trip to the store for change. My son is a bit of a pack rat and did not like the idea of the tooth fairy taking his tooth away, so we always had to leave a note requesting the tooth be left.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:02 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times
humm..I also want to say a quarter when I was a kid. My kids get a dollar. I'll tell you though, sometimes I fall asleep. The next morning, "She didn't come!" "You know, sometimes she is just so busy it takes a fews days. be patient."

Old 02-28-2008, 06:10 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,574,744 times
Money? You actually could put a dead tooth under your pillow and walla, coins would appear in it's place? Really? Hmmmmm, I think I will take out my dentures and put them under my pillow tonight and see just what happens. My hubby will probably know for sure that I have lost my mind. Okay, okay, I think I got a dime for those poor yukky teeth.

But, as I got older, no one paid me for those lost teeth. Heck, I had to pay someone else for taking them.

Public Sleeping Day? Oh, goody. This will give me one more excuse for nodding off at the continuing ed class that I have to go to this morning. Yawn.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:20 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,025,035 times
It seems to me I got a 50 cent piece. Always felt like I made out. Lose a tooth, buy more candy.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:26 AM

2,071 posts, read 12,017,229 times
I think I got a quarter if not that ........

My husband at the time (now my ex) gave our son $5 when he lost his first tooth. I was furious. After that, they usually got a dollar in change.

Happy Thursday !!

Old 02-28-2008, 06:30 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,398,939 times
Dentists must take the teeth they pull because most I know want to discuss investments and fast cars! So, the going rate is $1? My kids got quarters. I got a nickel.

Old 02-28-2008, 06:42 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
I also got a nickel

I remember once I just knew in my mind that my mom was the TF so I watched and waited because I put the tooth under the pillow during the day I just new I would catch her in the act lol

well wouldn't you just know as I was following my mom everywhere somehow I found my tooth gone and a nickel in its place
lol I believed !!!!!

lol I guess the idea that dad could play TF never entered my mind

Old 02-28-2008, 06:42 AM

18,120 posts, read 11,756,270 times
I can remember $1.00 and that was such a big deal for a young kid like me.

For my son, I would do the same $1.00, and the next thing I see him trying to
pull his own teeth to buy a music CD that he wanted! Kids!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics