Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 06:10 AM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
How many (if any) fridge magnets do you have (roughly-it needn’t be an exact count) ? A few.
Were they ones you bought/chose yourself-or ones that were given to you, either by friends or businesses ? Both.
Do you have artwork or photos on (outside of) your fridge door ? Not at present.

Extra Credit:
Do you have a pen which advertises a company/product (other than brand name of the pen) ? Several.
Do you use Post-It (sticky) notes ? Yes.
If so, which size/color/shape ? Right now the smallest, yellow, rectangles.
Do you use them at work, at home, or both places ? I use them as bookmarks or shopping lists mostly.

Bonus:
Have you tried golden/yellow raisins (called sultanas or currants in different countries) ? Yes, they're okay.

Just for Fun:
Can you throw-and/or catch-a frisbee ?
Have you played badminton or table tennis/ping-pong ? Played badminton in school. Ping pong, never.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2017, 06:24 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,645,388 times
Default Monday Monday So Good to Me

[quote=cloven;46924466][color=DarkRed][b]Happy Monday January 23, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.
Today’s Question:
How many (if any) fridge magnets do you have (roughly-it needn’t be an exact count) ?er 4 plain metal magnets, Heavy Duty

Were they ones you bought/chose yourself-or ones that were given to you, either by friends or businesses ? From husband

Do you have artwork or photos on (outside of) your fridge door ? Nope. Entertainment tickets in date order, so I don't forget!

Extra Credit:
Do you have a pen which advertises a company/product (other than brand name of the pen) ? No
Do you use Post-It (sticky) notes ? YesIf so, which size/color/shape ? 3x3
Do you use them at work, at home, or both places ? Just work

Bonus:
Have you tried golden/yellow raisins (called sultanas or currants in different countries) ? Nope

Just for Fun:
Can you throw-and/or catch-a frisbee ? Yes
Have you played badminton or table tennis/ping-pong ? Tennis player in my youth. My mother used to get sewing patters of Chris Evertt's outfits, dress, jacket and underpants and make them for me. My favorite had a white jacket with thin red stripes that she mitered just perfectly, as well as the dress with a white pique top and white with red stripe skirt. Very cool.

]

Old 01-23-2017, 07:42 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times

Today’s Question:
How many (if any) fridge magnets do you have (roughly-it needn’t be an exact count)?
Too many to count.
Were they ones you bought/chose yourself-or ones that were given to you, either by friends or businesses?
Some are business some are those we bought ourselves.

Do you have artwork or photos on (outside of) your fridge door?
Yes there are a couple of small pictures that are on the outside.
Extra Credit:
Do you have a pen which advertises a company/product (other than brand name of the pen)?
Yes, too many of them.
Do you use Post-It (sticky) notes?
Yes, I like them to help remember or remind me what to do before leaving the house.
If so, which size/color/shape?
Mostly the smaller ones that are red or yellow.
Do you use them at work, at home, or both places?
Home, they also come in handy for bookmarks .................

Bonus:
Have you tried golden/yellow raisins (called sultanas or currants in different countries) ?
Yes, they are an ingredient in my Christmas cake recipe, and they are also good in salads.

Just for Fun:
Can you throw-and/or catch-a frisbee?
Yes
Have you played badminton or table tennis/ping-pong?
Yes, years ago..................

Old 01-23-2017, 08:03 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
[quote=cloven;46924466]Happy Monday January 23, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
How many (if any) fridge magnets do you have (roughly-it needn’t be an exact count) ? Only two but they're not on the fridge.
Were they ones you bought/chose yourself-or ones that were given to you, either by friends or businesses ? They were given to us by businesses.
Do you have artwork or photos on (outside of) your fridge door ?

Extra Credit:
Do you have a pen which advertises a company/product (other than brand name of the pen) ?
Do you use Post-It (sticky) notes ?
If so, which size/color/shape ?
Do you use them at work, at home, or both places ?

Bonus:
Have you tried golden/yellow raisins (called sultanas or currants in different countries) ?Many moons ago.

Just for Fun:
Can you throw-and/or catch-a frisbee ?Yes. I throw it from time to time when our neighbor watches the dogs. There's two that are high octane and obsessed with frisbees.
Have you played badminton or table tennis/ping-pong ?Yes.

Today in History:
1849: Elizabeth Blackwell becomes first woman to earn a medical degree in the US, from Geneva Medical College
1928: Birth of actress Jeanne Moreau (Jules and Jim, La Femme Nikita)
1944: Birth of actor Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner, Ladyhawke)
1950: Birth of actor Richard Dean Anderson (MacGyver, Stargate SG-1)
1957: Inventor Fred Morrison sells the Pluto Platter Flyin-Saucer, forerunner of the modern "Frisbee", to toy company Wham-O
1960: The bathyscaphe Trieste (first vehicle/seacraft to reach the Challenger Deep section of the Mariana Trench) & its crew of two travel to a record-setting 35,797 feet under the Pacific Ocean
1963: Birth of actress Mariska Magdolna Hargitay (L&O: SVU)
1964: Ratification of the 24th amendment to the U.S. Constitution, prohibiting levying of a “poll tax” in federal elections
1997: Madeline Albright becomes the first female (US) Secretary of State
2003: Last signal from Pioneer 10, a NASA space probe launched 30 years earlier to study Jupiter

Today’s Word:
munificent /myo͞oˈnifəsənt/ (adj.): Financially generous, giving, philanthropic.

Today Is:
National Handwriting Day
National Rhubarb Pie Day

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at lower middle-

Thought for the Day:
“…it is the duty of a newspaper to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.”
-Finley Peter Dunne, paraphrased in the 1960 film “Inherit the Wind”

Wishing you a day that offers up a bounty of joys and delights

Thanks Cloven dear one. We're off to Minnesota with friends today and it's going to snow up there on Wednesday. See you in a few days dear ones.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:13 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,480,532 times
Happy Monday January 23, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
How many (if any) fridge magnets do you have (roughly-it needn’t be an exact count) ? 5
Were they ones you bought/chose yourself-or ones that were given to you, either by friends or businesses ? I bought myself.
Do you have artwork or photos on (outside of) your fridge door ? Yes, 2 drawings by my grandchildren and one Photo.

Extra Credit:
Do you have a pen which advertises a company/product (other than brand name of the pen) ? Yes
Do you use Post-It (sticky) notes ? Sometimes
If so, which size/color/shape ? White square
Do you use them at work, at home, or both places ? Home

Bonus:
Have you tried golden/yellow raisins (called sultanas or currants in different countries) ? Yes

Just for Fun:
Can you throw-and/or catch-a frisbee ? Yes, but not well.
Have you played badminton or table tennis/ping-pong ? Yes, as a kid

Old 01-23-2017, 08:30 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
Today’s Question:
How many (if any) fridge magnets do you have (roughly-it needn’t be an exact count) ? Maybe a dozen
Were they ones you bought/chose yourself-or ones that were given to you, either by friends or businesses ? Freebies
Do you have artwork or photos on (outside of) your fridge door ? Yup

Extra Credit:
Do you have a pen which advertises a company/product (other than brand name of the pen) ? Yup
Do you use Post-It (sticky) notes ? Yup
If so, which size/color/shape ? Just the regular size square and yellow
Do you use them at work, at home, or both places ? Home

Bonus:
Have you tried golden/yellow raisins (called sultanas or currants in different countries) ? Nope

Just for Fun:
Can you throw-and/or catch-a frisbee ? Yup
Have you played badminton or table tennis/ping-pong ? Yup to both

Old 01-23-2017, 08:54 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,907,941 times

Today’s Question:
How many (if any) fridge magnets do you have (roughly-it needn’t be an exact count) ? Just one.
Were they ones you bought/chose yourself-or ones that were given to you, either by friends or businesses ? A gift from a friend.
Do you have artwork or photos on (outside of) your fridge door ? I don't.

Do you have a pen which advertises a company/product (other than brand name of the pen) ? I sure do -- I never turn down the gift of a pen.
Do you use Post-It (sticky) notes ? I do.
If so, which size/color/shape ? Yellow 3"x3".
Do you use them at work, at home, or both places ? Home.

Have you tried golden/yellow raisins (called sultanas or currants in different countries) ? I ate sultanas all the time when I was a kid in New Zealand.

Can you throw-and/or catch-a frisbee ? I can.
Have you played badminton or table tennis/ping-pong ? I have.

Thanks cloven and happy day everyone!

Old 01-23-2017, 08:55 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,633 times
Today’s Question:
How many (if any) fridge magnets do you have (roughly-it needn’t be an exact count) ?

I'm thinking around 10.

Were they ones you bought/chose yourself-or ones that were given to you, either by friends or businesses ?

All

Do you have artwork or photos on (outside of) your fridge door ?

No.

Extra Credit:
Do you have a pen which advertises a company/product (other than brand name of the pen) ?

Yes.

Do you use Post-It (sticky) notes ?

Not often, but sometimes.

If so, which size/color/shape ?

I have a tiny spiral book of multi-colored sticky notes and labels that I got for free. I don't use it much, but it's pretty.

Do you use them at work, at home, or both places ?

Both sometimes.

Bonus:
Have you tried golden/yellow raisins (called sultanas or currants in different countries) ?

I think I have some cranberry snack mix now that has some in it.

Just for Fun:

Haven't played much, but I would think I'd be better at throwing than catching.

Have you played badminton or table tennis/ping-pong ?

Badminton's fun. Haven't played much ping-pong.

Old 01-23-2017, 09:10 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,002,874 times
Happy Monday January 23, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
How many (if any) fridge magnets do you have (roughly-it needn’t be an exact count) ? A few
Were they ones you bought/chose yourself-or ones that were given to you, either by friends or businesses ? They were already there when I moved in
Do you have artwork or photos on (outside of) your fridge door ? Nope

Extra Credit:
Do you have a pen which advertises a company/product (other than brand name of the pen) ? Many. Have not bought a pen in years
Do you use Post-It (sticky) notes ? Yep
If so, which size/color/shape ? Medium yellow
Do you use them at work, at home, or both places ? Both

Bonus:
Have you tried golden/yellow raisins (called sultanas or currants in different countries) ? I have

Just for Fun:
Can you throw-and/or catch-a frisbee ? Only so-so
Have you played badminton or table tennis/ping-pong ? Played both in high school

Old 01-23-2017, 09:10 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,003,240 times
Today’s Question:
How many (if any) fridge magnets do you have (roughly-it needn’t be an exact count) ?
Were they ones you bought/chose yourself-or ones that were given to you, either by friends or businesses ?

About 2/3 I bought myself and the rest are from businesses, charitable groups or friends.

Do you have artwork or photos on (outside of) your fridge door ? No

Extra Credit:

Yes, my favorite pen is from a company called Junk Bee Gone. It just writes really well.

Do you use Post-It (sticky) notes ? Not anymore
If so, which size/color/shape ? N/A
Do you use them at work, at home, or both places ? N/A

Bonus:

No but I would try them.

Just for Fun:
I don't remember. If I tried it was a long time ago.
Have you played badminton or table tennis/ping-pong ? Yes, to both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics