Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 10:20 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times

Advertisements

~ Bob _________.

~ Choose one: Surf orTurf

~
Now and this weekend you can watch the movie, "Apollo 13", starring Tom Hanks, on the website, "Crackle.com"...FREE! Have you seen that movie?
Good movie. I have it on DVD.

~ What's cookin'/happenin' this weekend, for you?
I have no clue. Probably nothing.

~ Throw something into the Fryday Crock Pot (everything in it will be cooked all day on Saturday!):
A large beef roast and some veggies.

~ Unscramble this word:

SDIENCR
Discern

~ This weekend the pancakes have a holiday rest (St. Alphonso's Eve/Day)...We will have to make a temporary change, from IHOP (International House of Pancakes), to:

International House of _Ribeyes_________.

~ Have you any spray at home?

~ Did you ever hide in a clothes rack in a department store when you were little?

~ Something you have previously purchased at the grocery market that you found to be way too salty!
Some seasonings.

*** May very clean and polite poodles wait on your table next time you eat out! ***
Thanks Roosty! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 01-27-2017 at 10:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 01:10 PM

44,346 posts, read 20,047,057 times
~ Bobwhite bobwhite

~ Choose one: Surf or Turf Surf.

~ Now and this weekend you can watch the movie, "Apollo 13", starring Tom Hanks, on the website, "Crackle.com"...FREE! Have you seen that movie? Yes, once. Good movie.

~ What's cookin'/happenin' this weekend, for you? Pinochle club tonight; not sure about Saturday except for errands including dropping my two guitars off at a music store to get some new strings; church Sunday morning following by lunch with my sister and then a concert by the Purdue Varsity Glee Club. Should be a fun day.

~ Throw something into the Fryday Crock Pot (everything in it will be cooked all day on Saturday!): Sirloin cubes and big chunks of onion, celery, carrots and new potatoes. Plus some herbs and spices and a couple tablespoons of cocoa powder.

~ Unscramble this word: SDIENCR rescind or cinders

~ This weekend the pancakes have a holiday rest (St. Alphonso's Eve/Day)...We will have to make a temporary change, from IHOP (International House of Pancakes), to:

International House of Eggs and Pork Chops

~ Have you any spray at home? Yep. A couple of spray cleaners and two bottles that I use to spray water. One of the water bottles I use to spray my hair and one I use to spray glass shelves, windows and mirrors before I wipe them clean with a microfiber cloth.

~ Did you ever hide in a clothes rack in a department store when you were little? Omigosh, yes! My sister and I used to do this and it would drive my mom nuts. We'd get the worst giggles and act like little idiots, peeking out from behind the hanging clothes. It was so much fun! Great memories.

~ Something you have previously purchased at the grocery market that you found to be way too salty! Just about every packaged meal, frozen or dried. There's way too much sodium in all that stuff. And most of the ones that are low-sodium taste yucky. Most recently, though, I purchased a can of mixed nuts at the grocery store and they are too salty for my liking. I usually buy "lightly salted" nuts, and the difference is pretty surprising. I prefer the ones with less salt.

*** May very clean and polite poodles wait on your table next time you eat out! ***

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-27-2017 at 01:29 PM..

Old 01-27-2017, 01:37 PM

44,346 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
~ Now and this weekend you can watch the movie, "Apollo 13", starring Tom Hanks, on the website, "Crackle.com"...FREE! Have you seen that movie? I have seen the movie. FYI...when the event really happened I was at a movie theater. They stopped the movie and told us what was happening.

Wow, that's really something. What a memory! Thank goodness, the astronauts made it home essentially unharmed.

What movie were you watching?

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:13 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,098 times
Hi Hi

~ Bobby Sherman

~ Choose one: Surf or Turf

~
Now and this weekend you can watch the movie, "Apollo 13", starring Tom Hanks, on the website, "Crackle.com"...FREE! Have you seen that movie?

~ What's cookin'/happenin' this weekend, for you? Not sure

~ Throw something into the Fryday Crock Pot (everything in it will be cooked all day on Saturday!): Boneless pork roast with potatoes, carrots, onions.

~ Unscramble this word: discern

SDIENCR

International House of my own kitchen.

~ Did you ever hide in a clothes rack in a department store when you were little?

~ Something you have previously purchased at the grocery market that you found to be way too salty!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Old 01-27-2017, 05:23 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
~ Bob Havens (trombonist for Lawrence Welk).

~ Choose one: Surf or Turf

~
Yes, although my opinion of it will always be tainted because I saw it in a theater when I was under a great deal of personal stress. I was such a bundle of nerves didn't want to see that movie at all, preferring something lighter. But my sister-in-law insisted, so I made the best of it. From the explosion, the frantic aftermath and the re-entry scenes, I couldn't handle the tension and put my hands over my eyes for most of that part.

Tonight and Sunday afternoon I will go to the gym with my friend Margaret. Later I will try out my new sleep mask, which has built-in blue lights that are supposed to relax you. (I had already purchased a vibrating sleep mask, but the noise from the motor kept me awake.) Tomorrow I will make turkey cheeseburgers and we'll watch the Lawrence Welk Show. (Please don't hate me. ) Then I'll post Sunday's Questions of the Day, which I finished writing last night (whew). Along the way I'll also try to get some housework done. Not a very exciting life, is it?

~ Throw something into the Fryday Crock Pot (everything in it will be cooked all day on Saturday!):
Chili con carne and beans.

~ Unscramble this word:

SDIENCR
Spoiler
cinders

International House of Pancakes.

Furniture polish, hair spray, rug cleaning spray, all-purpose cleaner, eau de toilette

No, but it sounds like fun.

Chicken pot pie

Thanks, Roosty!

Old 01-27-2017, 05:26 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
(Duplicate post, sorry.)

Old 01-27-2017, 07:11 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
[b][color=Blue]Tonight and Sunday afternoon I will go to the gym with my friend Margaret. Later I will try out my new sleep mask, which has built-in blue lights that are supposed to relax you. (I had already purchased a vibrating sleep mask, but the noise from the motor kept me awake.) Tomorrow I will make turkey cheeseburgers and we'll watch the Lawrence Welk Show. (Please don't hate me. )
Tried to rep you but please don't apologize for watching Lawrence Welk. I used to watch and enjoy him with my parents.

I have a colorful 8"x10" program (attached) from one of his shows signed by him and many of his singers. Most of the signatures can now only be seen as indentations from the ballpoint pen used on the cardboard program. I believe I found this program at an estate sale, either in Texas or New Mexico. LW signed at the lower right side.

Last edited by High_Plains_Retired; 12-11-2018 at 02:00 PM..

Old 01-27-2017, 10:24 PM

38,860 posts, read 22,849,388 times
~ Bob Tail

~ Choose one: Surf or Turf Turf

~
Now and this weekend you can watch the movie, "Apollo 13", starring Tom Hanks, on the website, "Crackle.com"...FREE! Have you seen that movie? Just bits and pieces of it, not from start to finish.

~ What's cookin'/happenin' this weekend, for you? The usual weekend stuff like errands and cleaning around the house. I'm planning on going to the barber tomorrow.

~ Throw something into the Fryday Crock Pot (everything in it will be cooked all day on Saturday!): Lean cuts of beef with some fingerling potatoes.

~ Unscramble this word:

SDIENCR CINDERS

International House of Waffles.

~ Have you any spray at home? Yes.

~ Did you ever hide in a clothes rack in a department store when you were little? Most likely.

~ Something you have previously purchased at the grocery market that you found to be way too salty! Peanuts.

*** May very clean and polite poodles wait on your table next time you eat out! *** WOOF!

I hope everyone's Fryday was fabulous!

Old 01-28-2017, 10:05 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
[quote=rainroosty;46975537]~ Bob __my rattle snake head _______.

~ Choose one: Surf or Turf Surf

~
Now and this weekend you can watch the movie, "Apollo 13", starring Tom Hanks, on the website, "Crackle.com"...FREE! Have you seen that movie? Yes many times. We have the DVD.

~ What's cookin'/happenin' this weekend, for you? We just got back from Minnesota and it's Saturday. I'm waiting for a call from the tenant or the heating guy that was supposed to be at the house at 1030. Then it's grocery shopping and laundry.

Potatoes.

~ Unscramble this word:

SDIENCR

Yikes. I just can't think right now. There;s too much going on.

International House of _mmm bbq._________.

~ Have you any spray at home? I don't think so.

~ Did you ever hide in a clothes rack in a department store when you were little? Sure.

Thanks roosty, but I'll pass on the poodles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics