Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 05:02 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times

Advertisements

[quote=linda814;47021779]Well that month flew by! Hardly any snow. .mid 50s this week. ..Winter has been pretty tolerable here in Tennessee, how bout you?

Getting better - in the upper 50's during midday, and the almond trees have been in flower for a week.

1. What flavor of cough drops do you prefer? I only buy one brand, Mebocaina, because they are the best cough drop I have ever used - they really work! Their flavor???? Some kind of mint, maybe spearmint.

2. When paying cash at the register, do you have change readily available for the cents if your bill was $10.66 or do you like getting the change back? If I want to get rid of coins I pay as much of the bill as possible in coins; if I need coins then I give a fairly large note in order to get coins in return. (The basic currency unit is the euro, which is a coin, and it is good to have a pocketful. If I am short, I pay my parking fee in the garage with a ten euro note so that I get a whole bunch of coins back as change.)

3. Do you sneak snacks into the movie theatre? I haven't been to a movie in a theatre since sometime in the 1970's as far as I can recall.

4. Do you do your own taxes? I would be posting from jail if I did.

5. Groundhog's Day is coming up. ..do you have a friend named Phil? It doesn't play here.

6. I spy something_orange_________________

7. Michael_the Archangel_______________________

8. I am usually.......
Early
Late
On time
ALWAYS late

9. What comes to mind when someone says New York City? My former home town.

10. What day is your trash pick up? Whatever day I bend over and lift it. (We leave it at a collection point.)

11. Is there someone right now in your life that you would not be able to be in the same room with?

Yes, she acts like Mary Poppins on meth, but she is most certainly not in my life.

12. Did you have a favorite babysitter when you were little? No, I liked them all - except one, and I terrorized her and she never came back.

I hope you all have a great week. There will be a guest asking questions next week as I will be floating in the Western Caribbean on calm seas...at least I hope they're calm. ...see y' all in 2 weeks!

Farewell and enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 05:14 AM

126,279 posts, read 19,048,524 times
Well that month flew by! Hardly any snow. .mid 50s this week. ..Winter has been pretty tolerable here in Tennessee, how bout you? We only had a few weeks of bitter cold and snowy days but winter is not over yet....

1. What flavor of cough drops do you prefer? I only use the original Fisherman Friend extra strong if needed

2. When paying cash at the register, do you have change readily available for the cents if your bill was $10.66 or do you like getting the change back? We do not have 1 cents anymore so it is rounded up or down

3. Do you sneak snacks into the movie theatre? used to

4. Do you do your own taxes? No an accountant does it for us we know him for over 30 years.

5. Groundhog's Day is coming up. ..do you have a friend named Phil? No

6. I spy something with my little eyes that is green

7. Michael Bublé

8. I am usually....... an early riser
Early
Late
On time
ALWAYS late

9. What comes to mind when someone says New York City? "Breakfast at Tiffany's" with Audrey Hepburn

10. What day is your trash pick up? Mondays

11. Is there someone right now in your life that you would not be able to be in the same room with? No

12. Did you have a favorite babysitter when you were little? If my parents went on a trip I stayed at my grandmother's place or at my uncle and aunties place

I hope you all have a great week. There will be a guest asking questions next week as I will be floating in the Western Caribbean on calm seas...at least I hope they're calm. ...see y' all in 2 weeks!

Thank you Linda and enjoy your vacation

Old 01-31-2017, 05:16 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Cough drops, I like the cherry flavour.
I don't mind getting coins back, they just go into a jar and save for a rainy day. 😊
Except for the popcorn (extra salt and butter!) I've discreetly brought goodies in to a theater.
Never really had a favorite babysitter, but we respected them anyway.
Have a great time Linda, and everyone have a great week!

Old 01-31-2017, 05:52 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
1. What flavor of cough drops do you prefer? Cherry

2. When paying cash at the register, do you have change readily available for the cents if your bill was $10.66 or do you like getting the change back? I sometimes have the change

3. Do you sneak snacks into the movie theatre? Used to when we went to the drive in

4. Do you do your own taxes? My wife does

5. Groundhog's Day is coming up. ..do you have a friend named Phil? Yup

6. I spy something sleeping

7. Michael row your boat to shore

8. I am usually.......
Early
Late
On time Yup
ALWAYS late

9. What comes to mind when someone says New York City? Statue of Liberty

10. What day is your trash pick up? Today

11. Is there someone right now in your life that you would not be able to be in the same room with? Nope

12. Did you have a favorite babysitter when you were little? Yup. There was a little old black lady who sat with my brother and I occasionally. We loved it on Saturday nights when we would watch Gunsmoke. She would talk to the characters in the show. "Don't go in there, Matt! He's going to shoot you!"

Old 01-31-2017, 06:10 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
1. What flavor of cough drops do you prefer?

Cherry but I usually opt for the worst tasting like I do with mouthwash. Just can't get it out of my head that worst tasting means most effective.

2. When paying cash at the register, do you have change readily available for the cents if your bill was $10.66 or do you like getting the change back?

No at the cash register but yes at drive through windows.

3. Do you sneak snacks into the movie theatre?

I only did it once, I think. I brought in a bagel with cream cheese. Can't remember why but probably because I didn't have breakfast or lunch.

4. Do you do your own taxes? Yes

5. Groundhog's Day is coming up. ..do you have a friend named Phil? Not currently.

6. I spy something rectangle.

7. Michaelangelo

8. I am usually.......
Early
Late
On time
ALWAYS late

On time or slightly early

9. What comes to mind when someone says New York City?

"Start spreading the news. I'm leaving today. I want to be a part of it. New York, New York."

I don't actually feel that way but the song comes into my head.

10. What day is your trash pick up?

The apartment complex dumpster is nowhere near my apartment. One of the days is early Sunday morning (like 4:00A) though...because I hear it. Why that day and not other days? Beats me.

11. Is there someone right now in your life that you would not be able to be in the same room with?

How would that work? How could they not be able to be in the same room with me but still be in my life? I can't imagine a scenario. Are we talking like order of protection? Mother in law so you're stuck with them because of who you married? My friend is currently at the space station? Am I overthinking this?

12. Did you have a favorite babysitter when you were little?

My grandmother.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:19 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,229 times

2. When paying cash at the register, do you have change readily available for the cents if your bill was $10.66 or do you like getting the change back? I usually try to give all the cents away (if I ever paid cash)

3. Do you sneak snacks into the movie theatre? No.

4. Do you do your own taxes? No.

5. Groundhog's Day is coming up. ..do you have a friend named Phil? No.

6. I spy with my little eye (makes me think of a Robbie William's song)

7. Michael J. Fox

8. I am usually.......
Early
Late
On time
ALWAYS late

9. What comes to mind when someone says New York City? Haven't been there yet

10. What day is your trash pick up? Every second Monday plastic garbage, every second Thursday trash, the other Thursday organic waste, last Friday of each month paper and fibreboard.

11. Is there someone right now in your life that you would not be able to be in the same room with? My in-laws.

12. Did you have a favorite babysitter when you were little? No, it's not common over here to use babysitters. Usually you do all the babysitting alone or you try to squeeze in the grandparents.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:33 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,433,079 times
1. What flavor of cough drops do you prefer?

I don't know. I haven't had any in a long time.

2. When paying cash at the register, do you have change readily available for the cents if your bill was $10.66 or do you like getting the change back?

Whichever is more convenient. I usually pay with a bill if I have it. It's all the same anyway.

3. Do you sneak snacks into the movie theatre?

Sometimes.

4. Do you do your own taxes?

No.

5. Groundhog's Day is coming up. ..do you have a friend named Phil?

No.

6. I spy something is a classic game.

7. Michael J. Fox

8. I am usually.......
Early
Late
On time <---
ALWAYS late

9. What comes to mind when someone says New York City?

Times Square

10. What day is your trash pick up?

Monday and Thursday.

Not really. Maybe a little uncomfortable but not a big deal.

12. Did you have a favorite babysitter when you were little?

My grandma usually babysat me.

Old 01-31-2017, 06:36 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Well that month flew by! Hardly any snow. .mid 50s this week. ..Winter has been pretty tolerable here in Tennessee, how bout you? Much too warm here in Oklahoma. I like the winter to put the bugs down for the season.

1. What flavor of cough drops do you prefer? Cherry. I hardly ever buy them for myself anymore for some reason.

2. When paying cash at the register, do you have change readily available for the cents if your bill was $10.66 or do you like getting the change back? Yes, I have pennies laying around my house doing nothing all day!

3. Do you sneak snacks into the movie theatre? Rarely. I like to take a huge Snicker bar with me occasionally to offset the salty popcorn.

4. Do you do your own taxes? Sometimes. I use that online deal EFTP or something like that.

5. Groundhog's Day is coming up. ..do you have a friend named Phil? Not anymore. He lurks here though.

6. I spy something___fishy going on, but won't comment here._______________

7. Michael__Polo!______________________

8. I am usually.......
Early
Late
On time
ALWAYS late

9. What comes to mind when someone says New York City? I would love to visit there someday.

10. What day is your trash pick up? Monday

11. Is there someone right now in your life that you would not be able to be in the same room with? Yes! No names mentioned.

12. Did you have a favorite babysitter when you were little? I was like Jesus, I loved them all!

Old 01-31-2017, 07:04 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,482,511 times
Well that month flew by! Hardly any snow. .mid 50s this week. ..Winter has been pretty tolerable here in Tennessee, how bout you? Hasn't been too bad here either.

1. What flavor of cough drops do you prefer? Cherry or lemon

2. When paying cash at the register, do you have change readily available for the cents if your bill was $10.66 or do you like getting the change back? I try to pay the change.

3. Do you sneak snacks into the movie theatre? We used to as kids.

4. Do you do your own taxes? No

5. Groundhog's Day is coming up. ..do you have a friend named Phil? No

6. I spy something_a gloomy day outside my window

7. Michael_Caine

8. I am usually.......
Early
Late
On time
ALWAYS late

9. What comes to mind when someone says New York City? A lot of people

10. What day is your trash pick up? Today

11. Is there someone right now in your life that you would not be able to be in the same room with? An ex-friend.

12. Did you have a favorite babysitter when you were little? We never had one.

I hope you all have a great week. There will be a guest asking questions next week as I will be floating in the Western Caribbean on calm seas...at least I hope they're calm. ...see y' all in 2 weeks![/quote] have fun!!!!

Old 01-31-2017, 07:16 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times

2. When paying cash at the register, do you have change readily available for the cents if your bill was $10.66 or do you like getting the change back? Try to pay with change

3. Do you sneak snacks into the movie theatre? Nope. I like the popcorn & soda

4. Do you do your own taxes? Yes

5. Groundhog's Day is coming up. ..do you have a friend named Phil? I used to.

6. I spy something that I want to see.

7. Michael Bolton

8. I am usually.......Early or on time
Early
Late
On time
ALWAYS late

9. What comes to mind when someone says New York City? Congestion

10. What day is your trash pick up? Tuesday

11. Is there someone right now in your life that you would not be able to be in the same room with? No

12. Did you have a favorite babysitter when you were little? No. I had a nanny when I was a baby but I do not remember her.

I hope you all have a great week. There will be a guest asking questions next week as I will be floating in the Western Caribbean on calm seas...at least I hope they're calm. ...see y' all in 2 weeks![/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics