Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 10:05 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
All of us have had them, tell us about ones you've seen and felt like saying "What were you thinking? ", you can include those that pertained to you as well, when somebody else could have, or might have asked you the same question..
My "What was I thinking?" moment was whenever I booked a room in New Mexico thinking it would be a hotel but it turned out to be a motel with outside entry to the doors.I did not feel all that safe that night.lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 06:23 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Here is one very recent. I booked d hotel room, pretty cheap, for an event I was going to, but decided against it the next day. (Some cheap corner of the block hotel, not a big name, no need to tell everyone the name of the place because that's not gonna happen). I cancelled the reservation online but they still wanted to charge me a cancellation fee, even though the website said free cancellation. So I tried to call them. The only number listed turned out to be a fax machine. So I looked up the hotel itself online and the only other number was a disconnected number! How the he## do you call these people??! So, went to my bank to make sure it doesn't go through, which it didn't, but since it wasn't even showing as on hold or anything else the only thing they suggested to do is shut down my card and they'll give me a new card with a new number. What was I thinking when I booked that room in the first place! Point I'm getting at, is going through all that, getting a new card all because I needed to made sure that fee didn't go through. Now all my auto pay bills need the new card number, blah blah...smh!

Old 02-11-2017, 07:42 AM

3,297 posts, read 3,021,473 times
I'm not proud of it, but a few years back I found a piece of a peanut on the couch and I unthinkingly popped it in my mouth and ate it. Only afterwards did I think, "Wait a minute, when's the last time I had peanuts?" and realized that it was actually a peanut, yes, but that it had fallen off a much-loved, much chewed-on rope dog toy that I had spread peanut butter onto about three weeks previous, as a treat for my dog. Ick.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:14 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
One notable "What was I thinking" moment was a few years ago, I wanted to make hard-boiled eggs for breakfast, I left them in a pan on the stove top and walked away to the office to do something on the computer, trying to multi-task.. I got so caught up in what I was doing on the computer, I forgot about the eggs, the water boiled away and all of the sudden I started smelling something awful, that was when I realized that I had left 2 eggs in a pan.. I walked back to the kitchen and it was a very smelly mess, burned hard-boiled eggs stuck to the pan and pieces of the eggs were scattered all over the stovetop. I thought I invented roasted/char-broiled eggs... NOT so.. The whole house stunk for a couple of days and it was in the middle or late summer at the time so I couldn't leave any doors or windows open.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:01 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
One notable "What was I thinking" moment was a few years ago, I wanted to make hard-boiled eggs for breakfast, I left them in a pan on the stove top and walked away to the office to do something on the computer, trying to multi-task.. I got so caught up in what I was doing on the computer, I forgot about the eggs, the water boiled away and all of the sudden I started smelling something awful, that was when I realized that I had left 2 eggs in a pan.. I walked back to the kitchen and it was a very smelly mess, burned hard-boiled eggs stuck to the pan and pieces of the eggs were scattered all over the stovetop. I thought I invented roasted/char-broiled eggs... NOT so.. The whole house stunk for a couple of days and it was in the middle or late summer at the time so I couldn't leave any doors or windows open.
I did exactly the same thing back about 40 years ago. I still can't forget the smell.

Old 02-11-2017, 11:35 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,346,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin woman View Post
What was I thinking when I came back to AZ, I had other options in two other states. My original intention come visit with the family and grand kids.
I can honestly say AZ is on my NOT TO DO list.

Old 02-11-2017, 01:35 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,507,453 times
As a Kid... Not a adult.. thank goodness.. Stayed in the BIG CITY with my friend for the weekend.. age 9-10.. So his dad decided to take the kids to the pool at the " Y " seeing it was the dead of winter... I did not have my swim trunks.. his dad said no problem.. It's Men's night and will all go in the buff... came out of the locker room ready to jump in the pool.. O @#$%^&*( it's family night must have been 1,000 families in the pool that night... what was I thinking... dumb adult. As kids it's O shucks -golly -gee-whiz moment..

Old 02-11-2017, 03:20 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,180,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irootoo View Post
I'm not proud of it, but a few years back I found a piece of a peanut on the couch and I unthinkingly popped it in my mouth and ate it. Only afterwards did I think, "Wait a minute, when's the last time I had peanuts?" and realized that it was actually a peanut, yes, but that it had fallen off a much-loved, much chewed-on rope dog toy that I had spread peanut butter onto about three weeks previous, as a treat for my dog. Ick.
I've heard of wolfing something down, but you woofed it down .

But, you didn't post about it in bow-wow wows; so I guess it couldn't have had any deep lasting effect.

Old 02-11-2017, 03:30 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,180,430 times
When I was about fifteen one day there was knocking at the front door, and I saw it was the parish priest. (He had never had the occasion to drop by, especially unannounced, so this was probably a Big Deal.) I called the news back to my mother, who was in the kitchen; and my mother shouted back, "You let him in, while I clean up."

I did that, but I was only dressed in a skimpy pair of underpants and nothing else.

My mother raised hell after he left like the devil only wishes he knew how.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:08 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I did exactly the same thing back about 40 years ago. I still can't forget the smell.
Hi Dave, there were other mishaps in my cooking experience.. so being a chef was not on the top of my career list before going to college...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics