Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 02:01 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times

Advertisements

When I was little and we lived in the city I packed up my little red wagon and off I went, down the street, but unfortunately, I was not allowed to cross the street, so it wasn't much of an adventure.
A few years later, we lived in the country and I told my two younger sisters that my mom and dad were going to build a treehouse down the road and they could live in it...went upstairs a while later, they had EVERYthing packed-even stripped their beds-oh boy did we get in trouble-if one of us got in trouble, ALL of us got in trouble. Just remembered that, it was SO funny!
As for now, it's not so much a question of where as a question of when-although for sure it would be someplace warm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 02:07 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
folks we have a winner !!!!

rofl how often does this story come out at family gatherings

this would of been the type of story that someone in my family would of shared with everyone guy I dated

Karla
Hmm.. Okay, I'll try to run away stark naked tomorrow, and see if I'll win!

Old 03-04-2008, 02:25 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,532,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Hmm.. Okay, I'll try to run away stark naked tomorrow, and see if I'll win!
Don't forget those boots!

Old 03-04-2008, 02:49 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,478,979 times
I never truly ran away, but thought I would one day in grade school. I was mad at my mom and went off in a huff. We had fields all around the housing track we lived in, so it was easy to wander far off and see no one. I walked off into the field ranting and raving about life's injusticeses. "That's it, I am out of here, I am never going home again, man they will miss me when I am gone, this will teach them, I'm never going back again...until I noticed it was getting dusk, then I got my a$$ back home. So much for that!

If I were to run away today (and I often wish I could), I would go someplace warm with no snow, a tropical island or the desert southwest.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:01 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,543,266 times
I was too afraid to run away, my dad was a drill sargent in the army and I knew there would be h**l to pay when I got home. Right now I would love to run away to a tropical Island and have someone bring me tropical drinks all day, lol.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:07 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Don't forget those boots!
Will that give me a better chance to win? Or give me a better chance to get away if I get chased by angry neighbors!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:00 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
I forgot to tell you where I would like to run away to. I don't really know. I would just like to get in the car with clothes for all weather and follow my nose. That dd that I spent so much time looking for would have a heart attack. I only told you one story about her escapades. We can't even go on vacation without calling her and letting her know where we are every night. Sometimes I think she wanted to be the parent.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:40 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,872 times
Never ran away and don't remember ever wanting to. And to be honest, I really don't know where I would run off to. Maybe 'visit' the north west or the very north east. Never been in either area.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:44 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times
good turn out everyone

I just had a thought, how much fun would it be if we ran away to each other houses

There are so many of you that post here that I would love to meet in person

see you all on todays thread

Old 03-05-2008, 07:32 AM

221 posts, read 600,359 times
Default Running Away

Oh yeah, I did one time. I was in LOVE with Elvis when I was 6-7 years old. I decided that my life would be better at Graceland. I packed some clothes in my book satchel, put some food in my Go-Go girl lunch box and off I went. I got about 2 blocks, sat down on the curb and ate my food and got busted by Mama who turned the corner and saw me sitting on the curb. Doggone it...I would have made it if I hadn't stopped to eat. Typical for me...traveling always makes me hungry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics