U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 05:34 AM

17,800 posts, read 21,164,248 times
Default Todays question Tuesday 3-04-08

Good morning everyone
I have to hurry because it is "dirt day" at school in the "butterfly class" and since my part is garden dirt I have to go dig some up from my garden. lol

So with out further delay here is

Todays question:

When you were little did you every "run away"

Extra credit: If you were to "run away" today where would you go ?

Today in history:

March 4, 1792 Oranges introduced to Hawaii, they liked it so much they stayed and hung out with the pineapples

March 4, 1809 Madison becomes 1st president inaugurated in American-made clothes rofl see they had the "red carpet fashion gurus" even back then

Word of the day
:

probity \PRO-buh-tee\, noun:
Complete and confirmed integrity; uprightness.

Today is :

National Hug A GI Day
National Pound Cake Day
and
National Dance the Waltz Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 05:37 AM

17,696 posts, read 16,913,170 times
Yay! Karla is in da house!

Of course I did! Hello! LOL

Didn't get far, not far at all.... and, I would love to go back to that time. When I was outside all day, playing in the woods and the stream.

I think I tried that run away bit twice. Oh, it never took me far.

Can I be in your class, and does it offer dragonflies... because they are the best!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 03-04-2008, 05:37 AM

17,800 posts, read 21,164,248 times
When I was little I hated taking naps
Quite a few times I would say "I am not going to take a nap today because I am going to run away" Yeah I was a handful back then

The last 10 days I was very ready to run away and NJ was top on the list, I tried to get rance to let me go to Sweden on his next visit but when I found out how long the plane ride was I quickly changed my mind lol

eeeeekkkk lol I just got a email asking me to bring pea gravel and a couple empty 2 liter bottles to class along with my dirt
rofl I think I may have 1 or 2 or 40 empty ones laying around

ok out to the garden time

Old 03-04-2008, 05:43 AM

4,281 posts, read 6,618,534 times
I ran away after my sister beat me up with a wooden tennis racket. I didn't get very far.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:44 AM

3,340 posts, read 1,950,249 times
I never ran away, but certainly thought about it more than once.
I would suffer through the plane ride to run away to Italy.
Yummy pound cake, I'll take a chocolate chip one please!
Have a great day everyone!

Old 03-04-2008, 05:57 AM

9,643 posts, read 10,634,556 times
I wandered off when I was a little kid, a little girl wanted to visit her Mom at work, we walked to a drive in resterant, they captured us and called the police, We lived by a river, my poor Mom thought we had wandered down there, she was upset to say the least, I never got out of her sight after that.
We got free ice cream cones from the drive in.

Today I would like to run away to the mountians.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:30 AM

42,666 posts, read 19,537,863 times
Quote:
When you were little did you ever "run away"

Extra credit: If you were to "run away" today where would you go ?
LOL.. Oh, I ran away plenty of times, but I was always home for dinner.

Nowadays, my place to run away is a very small town in the middle of nowhere in the mountains of central Arizona, Crown King.
Crown King, Arizona - Welcome to a Living Ghost Town!

Old 03-04-2008, 06:39 AM

10,184 posts, read 18,403,515 times
I often ran away as a teenager--generally to Greenwich Village. I learned quite a bit, stuff I can even apply to life today. These little forays exposed me (not in the literal sense) to so many different kind of folks that as an adult I found myself extremely accepting and tolerant of others.

I also remember running away in a dream when I was 4 years old. Does that count?

If I could run these days, (I'd probably walk ) it might be to Africa. I always wanted to work with the gorillas.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:45 AM

2,840 posts, read 7,463,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
When I was little I hated taking naps
Quite a few times I would say "I am not going to take a nap today because I am going to run away" Yeah I was a handful back then
Reminds me of a poem ... goes something like this ...

Zip goes the window shade
Down falls a chair
Whoosh! That's a teddy bear
Flying through the air ...

It goes on, ending with Susan is settling down for a nap. Sound like you Karla with a K?

So, yup, I ran away from home when I was in kindergarten - got as far as the end of the sidewalk with my teddy bear under my arm and my little suitcase in hand (full of dolls and dolls' clothes, my precious possessions.)

As an adult there are days I'd love to run away - depending on the reason, it could be to a deserted island in the South Pacific to be all by myself or to Disney World where I could get lost in the crowd.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:21 AM

1,892 posts, read 2,205,198 times
Of course! I packed my little suit case walked out the front door, down to the corner and then cried because my mom didn't come immediately out after me!!

If I could run away now, I would just walk around the West for a while - no place in particular!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics