Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 04:46 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,312,432 times

Advertisements

Not counting speaking in person, what is your preferred method of keeping in touch with friends and/or family (e.g., email, texts, phone calls, Facebook, etc.)?

If you need to ask your doctor a question, do you call or do you write the question via an online portal to your doctor's office?

Do you ever watch programs on PBS? If so, do you have a favorite PBS series?
Downton Abbey, various documentaries, Call the Midwife.

When was the last time you watched a program on TV?
My TV is on most of the day.

If your TV is on right now, what program is showing?
ABC Nightly News

How many light bulbs are in the room you are in right now? How many of them are presently turned on?
Nine in the room with 4 on right now.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like trees?
I LOVE trees.

What species of trees are common in your area?
Pecan and oak.

Have you ever climbed a tree?
Yes.

Are there any flowers blooming in your yard (planted in the ground or in pots) right now? If so, tell us about them.
The Irises are blooming. We've really had no winter this years and now spring is upon us.

When was the last time it rained in your neighborhood?
It's been a couple of weeks.

Have you ever picked a wildflower?
Yes. But not bluebonnets. They are the State flower and it is against the law to pick them.

When was the last time you saw an insect, and what was it?
Yesterday. An ant. A BIG ant but not like the ones in "Them."

FOOD QUESTIONS!

I have a big pot of homemade chicken soup simmering on the stove right now. The house smells so good!

Have you ever made soup from scratch?
Not that I recall.

Have you ever purchased a soup kit (bag with all the fixings you need to make soup)?
Yes.

If so, did you add some ingredients of your own choosing?
No.

Homemade or not, what's your favorite type of soup?
Split-pea.

SOME FUN STUFF!

Change or add a word or two in each of these classic novel titles:

The Fall of Two Cities

To Kill A Mockingbird Is A Sin

The Scarlet Letter Is Not a Fetter

The Catcher in Fenway

Don Quixote Met a Coyote

The Call of the Wild Is Not For Me

JUST A FEW MORE QUESTIONS

Do you ever wear gloves? Rarely.
If so, when was the last time you wore them? It's been years.

What is the longest period of time you've gone without wearing socks?
Months.

What time do you usually go to bed at night?
Between 10:30 and 1:00

Speaking of bedtime, it's almost that time for me. My alarm goes off at 5:50 a.m. (That's torture for me!) Until next time, then, happy Tuesday to you all. Have a great day and be sure to smile at a stranger. A tiny gesture of kindness can lift someone else's spirits as well as your own.

Thank you, Pam. You are such a sweetie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 05:33 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,277,300 times
Hi, boys and girls! It's time once again for some questions and other stuff - a great way for us to get to know one another a little better and have a bit of fun in the process. Welcome one and all. Scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Not counting speaking in person, what is your preferred method of keeping in touch with friends and/or family (e.g., email, texts, phone calls, Facebook, etc.)?.........Phone calls and texts.

If you need to ask your doctor a question, do you call or do you write the question via an online portal to your doctor's office?............I call and talk to a nurse.

Do you ever watch programs on PBS? If so, do you have a favorite PBS series?..........Yes, Antique Roadshow

When was the last time you watched a program on TV?..........The tv is on now.

If your TV is on right now, what program is showing?..........The Andy Griffith Show.

How many light bulbs are in the room you are in right now? How many of them are presently turned on?.............We have 2 lamps and one ceiling light fixture. One lamps is on.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like trees?.........Yes

What species of trees are common in your area?...........Maple and oak.

Have you ever climbed a tree?........Yes

Are there any flowers blooming in your yard (planted in the ground or in pots) right now? If so, tell us about them.............Nothing has bloomed yet but they are coming out of the ground.

When was the last time it rained in your neighborhood?..........It's raining now.

Have you ever picked a wildflower?..........Yes

When was the last time you saw an insect, and what was it? ........I saw a small spider this morning.....eek!!

FOOD QUESTIONS!

I have a big pot of homemade chicken soup simmering on the stove right now. The house smells so good!

Have you ever made soup from scratch?..........Yes

Have you ever purchased a soup kit (bag with all the fixings you need to make soup)?...........No

Homemade or not, what's your favorite type of soup?...........Broccoli cheddar.

SOME FUN STUFF!

A TOUR of Two Cities

To FEED A Mockingbird

The Scarlet SWEATER

The Catcher in the DUGOUT

Don PAM'S GUY

The DAY of the Wild

Do you ever wear gloves? If so, when was the last time you wore them?.........Yes, a few weeks ago.

What is the longest period of time you've gone without wearing socks?.........All summer

What time do you usually go to bed at night?..........10ish

Speaking of bedtime, it's almost that time for me. My alarm goes off at 5:50 a.m. (That's torture for me!) Until next time, then, happy Tuesday to you all. Have a great day and be sure to smile at a stranger. A tiny gesture of kindness can lift someone else's spirits as well as your own.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:36 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Omigosh, the book titles cracked me up over and over again. Thanks for playing, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:04 PM

72,409 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Not counting speaking in person, what is your preferred method of keeping in touch with friends and/or family (e.g., email, texts, phone calls, Facebook, etc.)?
Text,phone calls,facebook

If you need to ask your doctor a question, do you call or do you write the question via an online portal to your doctor's office?
Call the office

Do you ever watch programs on PBS? If so, do you have a favorite PBS series?

Don'T watch it

When was the last time you watched a program on TV?

Just watching the Presidential thing

If your TV is on right now, what program is showing?

Turned off now

How many light bulbs are in the room you are in right now? How many of them are presently turned on?

Maybe 15. 3 turned on

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like trees?

Depends what kind

What species of trees are common in your area?

Palm trees

Have you ever climbed a tree?

No

Are there any flowers blooming in your yard (planted in the ground or in pots) right now? If so, tell us about them.

Don't have much yard

When was the last time it rained in your neighborhood?

This morning

Have you ever picked a wildflower?

Yes

When was the last time you saw an insect, and what was it?

I think the rain killed all the insects

FOOD QUESTIONS!

Have you ever made soup from scratch?

Yes,chicken soup

Have you ever purchased a soup kit (bag with all the fixings you need to make soup)?

No

Homemade or not, what's your favorite type of soup?

Veggie,chicken,

SOME FUN STUFF!

A Tale of Two Cities Divided

To cook A Mockingbird

The Purple Letter

The Catcher in the Kitchen

Don Juan

The Call of the behaved

Do you ever wear gloves? If so, when was the last time you wore them?

Only when it's cold

What is the longest period of time you've gone without wearing socks?

When I sleep

What time do you usually go to bed at night?

Around 10:30

Old 02-28-2017, 09:11 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,798,510 times
Not counting speaking in person, what is your preferred method of keeping in touch with friends and/or family (e.g., email, texts, phone calls, Facebook, etc.)? phone

If you need to ask your doctor a question, do you call or do you write the question via an online portal to your doctor's office? call

Do you ever watch programs on PBS? If so, do you have a favorite PBS series? No favorite PBS lately

When was the last time you watched a program on TV? I watched an episode of Maverick this afternoon.

If your TV is on right now, what program is showing? The TV is on, but it's a 1955 episode of What's My Line on youtube

How many light bulbs are in the room you are in right now? How many of them are presently turned on? 6 bulbs, 2 are on

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you like trees? sure

What species of trees are common in your area? pine, fir, maple, oak

Have you ever climbed a tree? nope, no good climbing trees where I grew up

Are there any flowers blooming in your yard (planted in the ground or in pots) right now? If so, tell us about them. no flowers, just snow

When was the last time it rained in your neighborhood? I forget

Have you ever picked a wildflower? picked lots

When was the last time you saw an insect, and what was it? dang lady bug - we can get inundated with them,

FOOD QUESTIONS!

Have you ever made soup from scratch? Often

Have you ever purchased a soup kit (bag with all the fixings you need to make soup)? tried one once

If so, did you add some ingredients of your own choosing? I don't think so

Homemade or not, what's your favorite type of soup? My favorite is my French onion soup

SOME FUN STUFF!

A Tale of Two Kitties

To Stuff A Mockingbird

The Heliotrope Letter

The Caraway in the Rye

Donna Quixote

The Call of the Meek

Do you ever wear gloves? If so, when was the last time you wore them? Wore some last week

What is the longest period of time you've gone without wearing socks? 4 or 5 months, I guess

What time do you usually go to bed at night? Sometime after 11:00
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics