Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 11:44 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,674 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all!

Nothing new or interesting to report today. No news is good news I guess.

Onward...

Today's Question(s):
Let's go to the buffet! All your favorite things are on it!
Before you dig in, have you ordered an entree with the buffet as a side? Or will your meal come wholly from the buffet?

If you've ordered an entree, what are you having? And what will you get from the buffet as a compliment?

If you'll only be eating from the buffet, what will you get first? How many times will you go back? Will you get different things each time, or more of your favorites?

Bonus Question(s):
What is the longest length of time you have:
owned a specific car?
gone without solid food?
waited for a doctor's appointment (from the time you actually made the appointment)?
waited to see your doctor once at the office?
spent away from home?
What else have you spent an inordinately long time doing or waiting for?

Just For Fun:
What are your favorite flavor combinations:
for breakfast?
for lunch?
for dinner?
as dessert, snack, etc.?
What other flavor combinations do you like?

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1962 Beatles, with Pete Best, TV debut (perform "Dream Baby" on BBC)
Birthday: 1959 Aidan Quinn, Irish American actor
Science: 1934 Edwin Hubble photo shows as many galaxies as Milky Way has stars
Technology: 1983 IBM releases PC DOS version 2.0
Sports: 1968 6 year old Tommy Moore scores hole-in-one in golf (Hagerstown, Maryland)

Today’s Word:
politick
Pronunciation: (POL-i-tik)
Meaning: verb intr.: To engage in (usually partisan) political activity.
Etymology: Back-formation from politicking (engaging in partisan political activity), from politic (pragmatic, shrewd), from Old French politique (political), from Latin politicus (political), from Greek politikos (political), from polis (city).
Earliest documented use: 1892.

Today is:
International Women's Day
No Smoking Day
Peanut Cluster Day
Proofreading Day
Registered Dietitian Day

Quote of the Day:
"Really, most of us just focus on what's in front of us. We're too busy putting out the fires of everyday life." ~ Aidan Quinn ~
Thanx everyone! Have a good day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 11:46 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times
Today's Question(s):
Before you dig in, have you ordered an entree with the buffet as a side? Or will your meal come wholly from the buffet? Wholly.

If you've ordered an entree, what are you having? And what will you get from the buffet as a compliment? Roast beef, taters, corn veggie, salad, apple pie for desert.

If you'll only be eating from the buffet, what will you get first? How many times will you go back? Will you get different things each time, or more of your favorites? Same thing over and over until I'm stuffed.

Bonus Question(s):
owned a specific car? 15 yrs.
gone without solid food? 2 weeks.
waited for a doctor's appointment (from the time you actually made the appointment)? 1-1/2 hrs.
waited to see your doctor once at the office? 20 min.
spent away from home? 3 yrs
What else have you spent an inordinately long time doing or waiting for? My ship to come in.

Just For Fun:
for breakfast? Eggs over easy/hashbrowns/sausage/muffin/juice.
for lunch? Rueben sandwich on toasted rye/fruit/iced tea.
[b]for dinner?[/B] Steak/ribs/baked potato/corn on cob/salad/beer.
as dessert, snack, etc.? Strawberry shortcake.
What other flavor combinations do you like? PB&J with potato chips.
pc

Last edited by wit-nit; 03-07-2017 at 11:59 PM..

Old 03-07-2017, 11:58 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,825,817 times
Mornin' all!

Onward...

Today's Question(s):
Before you dig in, have you ordered an entree with the buffet as a side? Or will your meal come wholly from the buffet?

If you've ordered an entree, what are you having? And what will you get from the buffet as a compliment?

If you'll only be eating from the buffet, what will you get first? How many times will you go back? Will you get different things each time, or more of your favorites?

Bonus Question(s):
owned a specific car? Few years.
gone without solid food? 3 or 4 months maybe more.
waited for a doctor's appointment (from the time you actually made the appointment)?
waited to see your doctor once at the office? Hour or so... Well an ER visit I waited 8-10 hours. First time not quite as long.
spent away from home? Couple weeks or so.
What else have you spent an inordinately long time doing or waiting for?

Just For Fun:
for breakfast? Savory
for lunch? Savory
for dinner? Savory
as dessert, snack, etc.? Sweet
What other flavor combinations do you like? Sweet and sour at times.

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1962 Beatles, with Pete Best, TV debut (perform "Dream Baby" on BBC)
Sports: 1968 6 year old Tommy Moore scores hole-in-one in golf (Hagerstown, Maryland)

Today’s Word:
politick
Etymology: Back-formation from politicking (engaging in partisan political activity), from politic (pragmatic, shrewd), from Old French politique (political), from Latin politicus (political), from Greek politikos (political), from polis (city).

Today is:
International Women's Day
No Smoking Day
Peanut Cluster Day
Proofreading Day
Registered Dietitian Day

Quote of the Day:
"Really, most of us just focus on what's in front of us. We're too busy putting out the fires of everyday life." ~ Aidan Quinn ~
Thanks PatsCats! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 03-08-2017 at 12:09 AM..

Old 03-08-2017, 12:37 AM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,387,317 times
Today's Question(s):
Before you dig in, have you ordered an entree with the buffet as a side? I have not.
Or will your meal come wholly from the buffet? Okay

If you've ordered an entree, what are you having? I'll have fried shrimp and a sirloin.
And what will you get from the buffet as a compliment? I'd like either a pizza buffet or Chinese.

If you'll only be eating from the buffet, what will you get first? Fried rice, egg rolls, chicken wings.
How many times will you go back? Usually no more than once.
Will you get different things each time, or more of your favorites? Favorites and may be one or two new things.

Bonus Question(s):
owned a specific car? Almost 20.
gone without solid food? A few days when sick.
waited for a doctor's appointment? Couple days.
waited to see your doctor once at the office? Couple hours, but not often.
spent away from home?
What else have you spent an inordinately long time doing or waiting for? People to stop blocking pathways.

Just For Fun:
for breakfast? Breakfast burrito.
for lunch? Anything Italian.
for dinner? Ditto.
as dessert, snack, etc.? Chocolate goes with lots of things.
What other flavor combinations do you like? Caramel and chocolate.

Thx, Pat.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:35 AM

21,541 posts, read 8,724,324 times
Today's Question(s):
Wholly from the buffet, but it depends on the menu.

Hard to answer without seeing a menu.

Again, it's hard to answer without actually seeing what's offered in the buffet. I would probably take one protein dish such as chicken or beef, a carb, a veggie, a salad and a dessert.

Bonus Question(s):
owned a specific car? 29 years
gone without solid food? nearly 2 days
waited for a doctor's appointment (from the time you actually made the appointment)? about four weeks.
waited to see your doctor once at the office? About an hour.
spent away from home? Two weeks.
What else have you spent an inordinately long time doing or waiting for? Two hours for a table at a restaurant.

Just For Fun:
for breakfast?
Oatmeal, cinnamon, walnuts and raisins

for lunch?
Peanut butter and jelly; soup and crackers
for dinner?
Chicken and roast potatoes
as dessert, snack, etc.?
Chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream
Peas and dill; carrots in brown sugar glaze; baked potatoes and sour cream; dark chocolate and mint; milk chocolate and peanuts; coffee and cream; hot chocolate and Kahlua.

Thanks, PatsCats!

Old 03-08-2017, 03:51 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
Today's Question(s):
- I never did that...

- I like Indian food, so...
I hardly ever go to buffets...

If you'll only be eating from the buffet, what will you get first? How many times will you go back? Will you get different things each time, or more of your favorites? - Only one trip back. Sometimes that is one too many which is one reason why I rarely go.

Bonus Question(s):
owned a specific car?
- 7 years
gone without solid food? - 4 days in 2008 when I was in a hospital
waited for a doctor's appointment (from the time you actually made the appointment)? - Regarding the past - D/K.
Now, maybe 15 minuntes.
waited to see your doctor once at the office? - Had a bit of a scare when I fell during the 2016 blizzard. I was recovering from a severely sprained ankle when I fell again. I waited for her to arrive and had to wait my turn. Maybe 1 hour 15 minutes total. Office staff said she will squeeze me in. She gave me a thorough 5 minute examination and did not charge me. She is the best.
spent away from home? - Road trip to New England in 2013. I think it was 2 weeks.
What else have you spent an inordinately long time doing or waiting for? - Right now - getting affordable health insurance. Doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon.

Just For Fun:
for breakfast?
- Eggs, sauteed mushrooms and garlic, cheese, toast.
for lunch? - Salad (I have one just about everyday)
for dinner? - Varies. Entry will be either vegetarian, boneless chicken, or fish. Steamed fresh vegetables and sauteed mushrooms and garlic a must.
as dessert, snack, etc.? - Varies
What other flavor combinations do you like? - Ice cream sundae

Thanks, PatsCats.
Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

Old 03-08-2017, 04:44 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times
Onward...

Today's Question(s):
Let's go to the buffet! All your favorite things are on it! No real favorites on a buffet as I think most of the food is mediocre. I do love the variety though so I will have a little of most things

Before you dig in, have you ordered an entree with the buffet as a side? Or will your meal come wholly from the buffet? The buffet would be enough.

If you've ordered an entree, what are you having? And what will you get from the buffet as a compliment? N/A

If you'll only be eating from the buffet, what will you get first? How many times will you go back? Will you get different things each time, or more of your favorites? I usually do the main food first, I might go back for a little more of something I liked, and I definitely go back for dessert.

Bonus Question(s):
owned a specific car? My Jeep...it's 12 years old now and I have no plans of getting rid of it.
gone without solid food? about 30 hours
waited for a doctor's appointment (from the time you actually made the appointment)? a few weeks
waited to see your doctor once at the office? let's not go there
spent away from home? 6 months
What else have you spent an inordinately long time doing or waiting for? The wait on store lines has accumulated over the years

Just For Fun:
for breakfast? I like ham steaks with something that goes with syrup like pancakes or french toast.
for lunch? Ham and swiss on rye with mustard or tuna with celery and onions.
for dinner? Italian with Italian/French bread
as dessert, snack, etc.? pie and ice cream

Quote of the Day:
"Really, most of us just focus on what's in front of us. We're too busy putting out the fires of everyday life." ~ Aidan Quinn ~ So true

Have a great day!!!

Old 03-08-2017, 05:17 AM

126,273 posts, read 19,045,264 times
Mornin' all!

Onward...

Today's Question(s):
Before you dig in, have you ordered an entree with the buffet as a side? Or will your meal come wholly from the buffet? Buffet only

If you've ordered an entree, what are you having? And what will you get from the buffet as a compliment? see above

If you'll only be eating from the buffet, what will you get first? How many times will you go back? Will you get different things each time, or more of your favorites? Pending on the buffet I would try a bit from everything unless it is something I eat at home as well I would skip it...

Bonus Question(s):
owned a specific car? 8 years
gone without solid food? 2 days
waited for a doctor's appointment (from the time you actually made the appointment)? 6 month
waited to see your doctor once at the office? 45 minutes
spent away from home? 3 month
What else have you spent an inordinately long time doing or waiting for? Baking from 5 am until 4 pm

Just For Fun:
for breakfast? Porridge with flax seeds,bran,grated apple,cinnamon,2% milk and 2 cups jasmine green tea
for lunch? a variety of raw vegetable dipped in homemade plain yogurt,sour lemon water and a fruit for dessert
for dinner? Lentil soup with cilantro chapatis,homemade yogurt,a plate with onion slices,lime pickle and lassi
as dessert, snack, etc.? These days wedges of pink grapefruit
What other flavor combinations do you like? orange,grapefruit and mandarines salad with vanilla

Today in History:

Today’s Word:
politick

Today is:
International Women's Day ......
No Smoking Day
Peanut Cluster Day
Proofreading Day
Registered Dietitian Day

Quote of the Day:

Thank you PatsCats and HAPPY WOMEN'S Day

Old 03-08-2017, 05:56 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,646,355 times
Today's Question(s):
Let's go to the buffet! All your favorite things are on it! salad, veggies, meat
Before you dig in, have you ordered an entree with the buffet as a side? Or will your meal come wholly from the buffet? buffet

If you've ordered an entree, what are you having? And what will you get from the buffet as a compliment? bacon

If you'll only be eating from the buffet, what will you get first? How many times will you go back? Will you get different things each time, or more of your favorites? veggies

Bonus Question(s):
owned a specific car? 14 years
gone without solid food? three days
waited for a doctor's appointment (from the time you actually made the appointment)? two weeks
waited to see your doctor once at the office? a hour
spent away from home? three months
What else have you spent an inordinately long time doing or waiting for? to retire

Just For Fun:
for breakfast? bacon and fried eggs
for lunch? salad and lunchmeats
for dinner? pot roast and cauliflower mash with cream and butter
as dessert, snack, etc.? Reddi Whip straight from the can :O
What other flavor combinations do you like? nuts and cheese =25u7h2p&s=8&hid=0&tag=hello+smiley"][/url][/quote]

Old 03-08-2017, 06:05 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,481,324 times

Onward...

Today's Question(s):
Before you dig in, have you ordered an entree with the buffet as a side? Or will your meal come wholly from the buffet? wholly

If you've ordered an entree, what are you having? And what will you get from the buffet as a compliment? steak or salmon and get side dishes from buffet.m

If you'll only be eating from the buffet, what will you get first? How many times will you go back? Will you get different things each time, or more of your favorites? salad first, then different things depending on what they have. I'll go back maybe twice, the last time for dessert.

Bonus Question(s):
owned a specific car? 6-7 years
gone without solid food? 24 hours
waited to see your doctor once at the office? an hour
spent away from home? ten days
What else have you spent an inordinately long time doing or waiting for? waiting for food at a restaurant, over an hour.

Just For Fun:
for breakfast? pancakes and sausage
for lunch? peanut butter and grape jelly
for dinner? pizza and
as dessert, snack, etc.? I like anything with peanut butter and chocolate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics