U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 03:42 PM

34,999 posts, read 32,157,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
Ferry boats- we used to live in WA when my son was a baby and take the ferry across Puget Sound to visit my grandmother in Bellevue. It's not so much the ferry itself, but the thought of my son falling overboard in such deep, cold water. I was a nervous wreck every time.
I was born in Bremerton and we lived in Oak Harbor til I was around 6 or so - fond memories of that ferry, though I understand it's insanely expensive now.

I know what you mean about feeling your child is about to...you know...(can't say it) - I had the same thing with crossing a walking bridge with my middle daughter when she was 4 or so, she would INSIST on leaning through the rails ...same daughter, age 2, toddled off during the fireworks in Washington DC, around 9 pm - I found her happily staggering along on the rim of the Tidal Basin! (I'd post that little EEK face but it's way too calm)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 03:56 PM

514 posts, read 1,421,689 times
I dont like spiders, anything with more then 4 legs and 2 eyes, just aint right.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:33 PM

20,005 posts, read 65,522,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
I dont like spiders, anything with more then 4 legs and 2 eyes, just aint right.
I love spiders, intruiging little beasts.!

Old 03-07-2008, 07:30 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,468,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)
Did you read my thread a few pages back? They would have to knock me out to do this! LOL
LOL! Yes, there is something to be said for the old fashioned X-ray(not quite the same thing but I'll take it!)... large room and no tiny coffin like tube to lay in.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:38 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,468,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I was born in Bremerton and we lived in Oak Harbor til I was around 6 or so - fond memories of that ferry, though I understand it's insanely expensive now.

I know what you mean about feeling your child is about to...you know...(can't say it) - I had the same thing with crossing a walking bridge with my middle daughter when she was 4 or so, she would INSIST on leaning through the rails ...same daughter, age 2, toddled off during the fireworks in Washington DC, around 9 pm - I found her happily staggering along on the rim of the Tidal Basin! (I'd post that little EEK face but it's way too calm)
Small world, we lived in Silverdale and my son was born at the Bremerton Hospital.

That would scare the you know what outta me! Maybe this face is more like it.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:25 PM

12,983 posts, read 11,991,412 times
Wasps, bumble bees, and hornets. Around here, the last few summers I've seen some kind of gigantic winged beast which looks to be a cross between a hornet and a 747. Huge, and they carry other not quite as large varieties which they have (possibly) captured?!? If I shoot them with the spray, they drop their 'passenger', and fly off to whatever hellhole they call home.
Some bridges, too-they built a new one up here which I haven't seen in person yet, but just from the pictures of it, I decided I'd rather swim across the river than go over that! [and I can't really swim.]
Also, fire.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:05 AM

514 posts, read 1,421,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
I love spiders, intruiging little beasts.!
oh man, I could run and scream like a little girl if I had a big spider on me. And im not the run and scream type of guy. Im fine with everything else, snakes, large animals, but not spiders.

Old 03-08-2008, 07:48 AM

1,641 posts, read 4,372,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
... I've seen some kind of gigantic winged beast which looks to be a cross between a hornet and a 747. Huge,...
You sure it isn't a honey bee? We have a bunch of these monster, slow flying bees (black) that are just looking for nector. We call 'em B52s, and they are harmless. Really - because I'm terrified of bees. And, I don't consider that a phobia. Those wasps are nasty fellows. But these B52s are actually very docile, and cool to watch when they land on a flower.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:44 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,057,775 times
My phobias:

1. Reptiles (snakes, lizards, and yes even turtles...Uggggh!!).
2. Heights (I don't like flying, bungee jumping, jumping out of planes, etc.)
3. Sharks (I love the ocean, but will not swim in it much though).
4. Pure darkness (I have to have a little bit of light when I sleep, unless someone is in the same room with me, then I'm okay).
5. Open fires (I like camping, but I never sit close to the fire. Sorry.)
6. Being alone (I never have lived alone and don't plan on to either. Don't like the solitude it brings.).

Old 03-08-2008, 04:26 PM

34,999 posts, read 32,157,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
Maybe this face is more like it.
The very one. And I know, because I had that face for about a week straight afterward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics