Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:42 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times

Advertisements

My middle name? Hmm.. let's see people usually call me #@$%$*, a $#%!!@, a **#$!$*, an $%%@&&, a big #@%%* stupid %%#@() and a *&&##.. and those were the good names!

Just kidding, my middle name comes from the Bible - Samuel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 07:47 AM

2,355 posts, read 2,181,956 times
It depends...when one of my best friends comes to visit, she'll trim my hair. If not, maybe $15 at the most. Since moving to Arizona, I haven't taken the time to find a quality stylist, like the one I had in San Francisco...oh - I miss her. *sigh*

Old 03-07-2008, 08:36 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
HAHA Your are asking me that???????????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Okay, next question?

LOL... LionKing, at least you might have an answer to that question!
I fall somewhere in between LionKing and Mike,,,,, I’m paying $13 (senior discount) plus $4 tip. I’ve found a great little barbershop in the area that has a Vietnamese lady who understands my delicate, thinning, graying hair and makes it into a masterpiece where when I walk out of the shop everyone says how good I look. [they’re the other barbers who don’t have customers and stand around outside looking for business]

My sympathy to Mike and LionKing,,,,,, my Mom always said “don’t feel sorry for yourself ~ just look at what those other people have to deal with!”

Old 03-07-2008, 08:44 AM

72,407 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreatlife View Post
Well, when I'm hot and selling houses I pay $45 + tip for haircut. But when I'm poor and not making sales, I pay $13 + tip.

Let's just say this year so far I'm not getting haircuts at all.
I sell property too. I have been to this Vietnamese place for 5 years now,it's close to my office,she charges $35 for hair cut and she is used to me already,I get a color done like $40 evey month.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:51 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
Hairdresser suggests haircut every 6 weeks. I'm lucky (or she is) if I remember and get a haircut every 10 weeks or longer. Short hairstyle now and I can trim it myself. Plus I'm too much of a tightwad. lol . She only charges $20.00, plus I do tip 20%, 'cause she does an excellent job and is very nice. My biggest problem is just taking the time to schedule an appointment.

Middle name was my paternal grandmother's middle name and also my mother's middle name. And since I was born on that gr.mother's B-Day, so it came to be!!! Not fond of it at all, so blah. 'Mae'. No offence if anyone else has the same.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:15 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
$27 plus tip: $32 for hair and beard every four weeks.

$10.00 plus tip: $12 every two weeks between haircuts.

Can't be scruffy looking when a new client opens the door!!!!

New gal. Doing a nice job so far (I am very picky about haircuts). Pretty too, which doesn't hurt.

Last one couldn't tell time. I don't wait for appointments. If you're running late, call me so I can call my clients and let them know I'm running Late. If you can't show me this common courtesy you obviously don't value my business or my money. Someone else surely will.

I have no idea where my middle came from and there's no one left alive to ask. My first name, however, came from my mother's father, who died before I was born. We could have been twins we look so much alike.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:20 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Lynn View Post
I usually pay $12-15. I never color my hair. My hair is still the same color from the day I was born.
You're nowhere near as old as I am!

Not only has my hair changed from dark brown to silvery/white/gray, it has also lost all the waviness that used to drive me crazy, and is certainly a lot thinner.

I have been told by many, both male and female, that they are jealous of my hair and it's color. I look in the mirror and have no idea why....?

Old 03-07-2008, 09:41 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
I pay 12.50 for a haircut (maybe because "cheap" is my middle name)..I tip pretty good though I think grey hair is beautiful and quit coloring my hair (blond) a couple years ago, in hopes that I was all grey..not yet, but doing nicely.. My real middle name is Jane, same as my moms was..

Old 03-07-2008, 09:58 AM

23,010 posts, read 34,370,036 times
I used to go to Visable Changes and paid $46 then found someone who cuts my hair much better and it's only $25.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:36 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I fall somewhere in between LionKing and Mike,,,,, I’m paying $13 (senior discount) plus $4 tip. I’ve found a great little barbershop in the area that has a Vietnamese lady who understands my delicate, thinning, graying hair and makes it into a masterpiece where when I walk out of the shop everyone says how good I look. [they’re the other barbers who don’t have customers and stand around outside looking for business]

My sympathy to Mike and LionKing,,,,,, my Mom always said “don’t feel sorry for yourself ~ just look at what those other people have to deal with!”
hey no sympathy needed for me,I choose to have hair half way down to my butt........to answer I can't remember the last time a scissor touched my hair that's how long it has been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics