U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 05:34 AM

17,730 posts, read 20,587,356 times
Default Todays question Friday 3-07-08

Good morning everyone
Yay it is Friday !!!! A very rainy one here in NE FL
As those of you that visit the exercise thread know I have had "haircut" issues this past week lol yesterday was #3 and she was able to fix the "oops" from the first 2 lol hubby teased me that I spent more on haircuts in the past week than he does in 6 months so it gave me the idea for

Todays question :

How much do you usually pay to have your hair cut ?

Today in history:

March 7, 1857 Baseball decides 9 innings constitutes an official game, not 9 runs hmmm guess they figured that it might take way to long to get to 9 runs. I don't think they had lighted baseball fields back then.

Word of the day :

cabal \kuh-BAHL; kuh-BAL\, noun:
1. A secret, conspiratorial association of plotters or intriguers whose purpose is usually to bring about an overturn especially in public affairs.

Today is :

National Cereal Day
and
National Middle Name Pride Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 05:37 AM

17,730 posts, read 20,587,356 times
Haircut 1 was $39 , 2 was $20 3rd and final to fix the other 2 was gulp $55 but she spent almost 45 mins and it is a rather "sassy" new look

lol I took our puppy Lola to the groomer and there went another $55

It was an expensive hair week lol

Old 03-07-2008, 05:54 AM

2,775 posts, read 7,199,759 times
My cuts are $35 about every 6 weeks. Fair price I think, but I'm still getting used to it because before our move to NEFL and the new me, I always did it for free with my kitchen scissors ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
National Middle Name Pride Day
Estey -- can be traced back to the 1690s in Salem, MA, when Mary Towne married Isaac Estey (aka Esty/Easty). Was my great grandmother's maiden name, then my mother's middle name, my middle name, and now my daughter's middle name. Also related to the d'Este family of Italy. (A tidbit about Mary Towne -- sister of Rebecca Nurse - most people know what became of Rebecca during the Salem Witch Trials, and sadly my Mary suffered the same fate.)

Old 03-07-2008, 05:59 AM

7,575 posts, read 6,864,315 times
I believe $25.00 for a regular cut, before tip, and then they charge another $5.00 for a blowout? Now I know that price is very reasonable but if they wet your head shouldn't you be entitled to have it dried? Oh, and middle name pride day? I don't really like mine and its not a family name or anything, just from a song my Mom liked.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:00 AM

1,641 posts, read 3,285,991 times
Well, when I'm hot and selling houses I pay $45 + tip for haircut. But when I'm poor and not making sales, I pay $13 + tip.

Let's just say this year so far I'm not getting haircuts at all.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:05 AM

3,340 posts, read 1,909,639 times
The price of my cuts depends on the color service I am getting done, as I have a bit of gray on top I like to cover. Every 6 weeks I alternate between getting highlights and all over color and the cut is included in the price. My stylist just recently moved from a big salon to renting a booth at a very small one and her prices, thankfully, dropped. I used to pay around $135 with tip, I know..., but now I pay about $85 with tip which is pretty cheap around here for color and cut.

Just finished eating some Corn Pops...yum!

My middle name is Lyn. I was named after a friend of my mothers and when you put it together with my first name, it sounds very "dixie".

Happy Friday everyone!

Old 03-07-2008, 06:13 AM

28,227 posts, read 13,081,055 times
Morning all. I pay $23 at a local Aveda salon and go every 6 weeks, tip $10 because she's awesome. Highlights and cut every 3rd cut come to $85 plus $20 tip.

Middle names-mine is bland old Anne but my youngest granddaughter's is Storm-she hates it, we love it-and have no idea why our daughter picked it.

Great Friday all.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:27 AM

4,834 posts, read 3,937,524 times
How much do you usually pay to have your hair cut ? ...last time I went to one of those rip off artists it cost me $18. Now Auntie Batz cuts my hair and I get it the way I want it...not the way some ditzo thinks it should be. I have what is called the "John Gotti hairdo" and anyone who tries to "modify" that is in big troubleMarch 7, 1857 Baseball decides 9 innings constitutes an official game, not 9 runs hmmm guess they figured that it might take way to long to get to 9 runs. I don't think they had lighted baseball fields back then...GO RED SOX
cabal \kuh-BAHL; kuh-BAL\, noun:
1. A secret, conspiratorial association of plotters or intriguers whose purpose is usually to bring about an overturn especially in public affairs...do the trolls and lurkers fit into this category? Do they have a national organization
National Cereal Day...yay for Wheaties
and
National Middle Name Pride Day[/quote]..won't get that out of me for love or money...

Old 03-07-2008, 06:33 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,672 posts, read 10,746,843 times
OK, back in NNY, I paid about $30, inc. tip. Here, I found a place that charges seniors (62+) $10, but since I'm not there yet, I pay $15 +$3 tip. The first time I went there, I watched how the people looked when they came out of the chair - lots of geezers and geezerettes down here, and I'm not quite ready to look like that, even tho I leave my hair gray. Anyway, there's this one young lady who had good hair herself and was doing some more "modern" looks, so I glommed onto her and have been very happy.

Nat'l Cereal day - I had frosted mini wheats (maple/brown sugar) and DH had froot loops.

Middle name day - boring. Ann.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:33 AM

10,043 posts, read 12,620,121 times
HAHA Your are asking me that???????????????
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics