Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 01:03 AM

7,986 posts, read 5,359,338 times

Advertisements

Happy Saturday!

Today’s Questions:
Today has a lot of celebrations so:

What were your favorite comics when you were young? Archie, Little LuLu

Have you ever grown any herbs? Yes Which ones? Yes, Oregano, Basil, Mint, Rosemary

Have you ever made your own wine, beer or liquor? Yes, beer and liquor

Do you like scrapbooking? no What do you collect or save from places you have been? I have a few bracelets I have purchased ---like my garnet from Prague, a little pearl bracelet from Martha's Vineyard, a silver artsy bracelet I bought at a festival in Oslo. I collect sugar packets--I use them when guests come--fun to see the interesting packets from different places. I save a few paper napkins from places and use them when I get back to remind me of my good time. I don't do "souvenirs". Just got back from Boulder--while watching the Derby we will enjoy some wine, salami and cheese from some local places in Colorado.

Do you have a smoke detector? a carbon monoxide detector? a fire extinguisher? Have you checked your batteries?

Do you know any nurses? Yes, sister and four cousins are nurses.

Extra Credit Questions:
Would you rather donate your body to science or donate your organs to people who need them?

Would you rather relive the same day for 365 days or lose a year of your life?

Would you rather have a golden voice or a silver tongue?

Would you rather be able to control animals (but not humans) with your mind or control electronics with your mind?

Would you rather suddenly be elected a senator or suddenly become a CEO of a major company. (You won’t have any more knowledge about how to do either job than you do right now.)

Would you rather sell all of your possessions or sell one of your organs?

Would you rather have a completely automated home or a self-driving car?

Would you rather be infamous in history books or be forgotten after your death?

Would you rather never have to work again or never have to sleep again (you won’t feel tired or suffer negative health effects)?

Would you rather get one free round trip international plane ticket every year or be able to fly domestic anytime for free?

Bonus Questions:

What are you going to do this weekend? Derby time! Watching “the most exciting two minutes in sports”! And going to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival
What is something that is popular now that annoys you? The leggings trend. There are too many people that should not be wearing them

What did you do this past week? I was in Boulder, Colorado earlier this week

What was the last time you worked incredibly hard? Yesterday

Are you very active of do you prefer to just relax in your free time? A bit of both

Just For Fun:

It’s time for a round of Scattergories
Starting with the letter “I” give one answer to each of these categories.

I will have to come back and do this part later--running out of time this morning-have to get to work.

Quote Of The Day:
“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”
Dalai Lama XIV, The Art of Happiness

Recipe of the Day:

The Perfect Mint Julep Recipe courtesy of Bill Samuels

Will have to try this recipe.

Today Is:
Bladder Cancer Awareness Day
Bombshell's Day (Victoria's Secret)
Dandelion Days
Free Comic Book Day
Herb Day
Join Hands Day
Kentucky Derby
National Homebrew Day
National Scrapbooking Day
National Wildfire Community Preparedness Day
No Diet Day
No Homework Day
Nurses Day or National RN Recognition Day
Russel Stover Candies Day
Start Seeing Monarchs Day
World Naked Gardening Day
Beverage Day
National Tourist Appreciation Day

Post time--6:46! Can't wait for the most exciting two minutes in sports!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 06:13 AM

11,343 posts, read 9,240,239 times
Today’s Questions:

What were your favorite comics when you were young?
- N/A

Have you ever grown any herbs? Which ones? - Nope

Have you ever made your own wine, beer or liquor? - Not interested

Do you like scrapbooking? What do you collect or save from places you have been? - Never did that

Do you have a smoke detector? a carbon monoxide detector? a fire extinguisher? Have you checked your batteries? - Only the smoke detector

Do you know any nurses? - One of my friends daughter

Extra Credit Questions:
Would you rather donate your body to science or donate your organs to people who need them?
- If doable - whoever needs

Would you rather relive the same day for 365 days or lose a year of your life? - Relive the same day but that would have to be winning a lot of money at the horse track, LOL.

Would you rather have a golden voice or a silver tongue? - Well, I like to sing but I'm terrible at it...

Would you rather be able to control animals (but not humans) with your mind or control electronics with your mind? - 2 answers up regarding horses, ha, ha.

Would you rather suddenly be elected a senator or suddenly become a CEO of a major company. (You won’t have any more knowledge about how to do either job than you do right now.) - A Senator can make a big difference. I'd like myself to replace quite a few I am thinking of...

Would you rather sell all of your possessions or sell one of your organs? - I don't have many possessions, so...

Would you rather have a completely automated home or a self-driving car? - Since I really do not like to drive...

Would you rather be infamous in history books or be forgotten after your death? - Forgotten which I will be...

Would you rather never have to work again or never have to sleep again (you won’t feel tired or suffer negative health effects)? - I wish I could retire...

Would you rather get one free round trip international plane ticket every year or be able to fly domestic anytime for free? - The latter...

Bonus Questions:
What are you going to do this weekend?
- Laundry, manicure / pedicure, watch and wager on the Kentucky Derby at the local horse track - Laurel Park

What is something that is popular now that annoys you? - It really annoys me the many people who are so rude using those smartphones - turning up the volume or talking loud for an extended period of time pushing their noise pollution.
Many other examples I can give regarding those things...

What did you do this past week? - Worked, fast walks everyday. Usual living stuff like cooking and cleaning...

What was the last time you worked incredibly hard? - Not sure the meaning. I never did hard labor but I consider the job I have now as working hard, too hard, especially at my age...

Are you very active of do you prefer to just relax in your free time? - Both

Just For Fun:

Outdoor Activity
- Ironman challenge

Office Supplies - Ink pen

Party Themes - Italian pot luck

Things You Need A Ticket For - Indigo Girls concert

Vacation Spots - India

1980’s Stuff - INXS albums

Electronic Devices - iPhone

Actors

Things That Smell Bad

Nicknames - Idiot (maybe not to their face, LOL)

Thanks, Lisa.
Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Old 05-06-2017, 07:41 AM

7,343 posts, read 5,459,117 times
Hello and Happy Friday Night/Saturday

Today’s Questions:

What were your favorite comics when you were young? Archie, Nancy, peanuts.

Have you ever grown any herbs? Which ones? No, not good at growing things.

Have you ever made your own wine, beer or liquor? My husband tried to make wine once. It was a disaster! Came out tasting like vinegar.

Do you like scrapbooking? What do you collect or save from places you have been? I save pictures, some cards, brochures and little things like shells from places I've been.

Do you have a smoke detector? a carbon monoxide detector? a fire extinguisher? Have you checked your batteries? Yes, all three. We check batteries whenever we have to change the time on our clocks in spring and fall.

Do you know any nurses? Many, I worked at a hospital for 34 years. My SIL is a nurse. Several friends are nurses too.

Extra Credit Questions:
Would you rather donate your body to science or donate your organs to people who need them? To people

Would you rather relive the same day for 365 days or lose a year of your life? Relive same day as long as it was a good day.

Would you rather have a golden voice or a silver tongue? Silver tongue

Would you rather be able to control animals (but not humans) with your mind or control electronics with your mind? Electronics

Would you rather suddenly be elected a senator or suddenly become a CEO of a major company. (You won’t have any more knowledge about how to do either job than you do right now.) CEO

Would you rather sell all of your possessions or sell one of your organs? Possessions

Would you rather have a completely automated home or a self-driving car? Car

Would you rather be infamous in history books or be forgotten after your death? Infamous

Would you rather never have to work again or never have to sleep again (you won’t feel tired or suffer negative health effects)? Never work

Would you rather get one free round trip international plane ticket every year or be able to fly domestic anytime for free? Fly anytime for free

Bonus Questions:

What are you going to do this weekend? Going to our camping place

What is something that is popular now that annoys you? These things for kids called fidget spinners.

What did you do this past week? Worked

What was the last time you worked incredibly hard? Friday

Are you very active of do you prefer to just relax in your free time? Both

Just For Fun:

Outdoor Activity. Ironman race

Office Supplies. Ink

Party Themes. Irish (St. Patrick's Day)

Things You Need A Ticket For. Instrumental concert

Vacation Spots. Italy

1980’s Stuff. INXS

Electronic Devices IPhone

Actors. Ian Sommerholder

Things That Smell Bad.

Nicknames. Izzy (from Isabelle)

Old 05-06-2017, 07:47 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,510,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post

Today’s Questions:

Marmaduke

Have you ever grown any herbs? Which ones?
Basil thyme rosemary

Have you ever made your own wine, beer or liquor?
No

Do you like scrapbooking? What do you collect or save from places you have been?
No

Do you have a smoke detector? a carbon monoxide detector? a fire extinguisher? Have you checked your batteries?

Do you know any nurses?
Yes

Extra Credit Questions:
A little bit of each

Would you rather be able to control animals (but not humans) with your mind or control electronics with your mind?

Would you rather suddenly be elected a senator or suddenly become a CEO of a major company. (You won’t have any more knowledge about how to do either job than you do right now.)
Neither
Posessions

Neither, my automated horse does just fine

Would you rather never have to work again or never have to sleep again (you won’t feel tired or suffer negative health effects)?
Never sleep again

Would you rather get one free round trip international plane ticket every year or be able to fly domestic anytime for free?
Domestic

Bonus Questions:

Work today . Tomorrow help my grandson car race at the track

What is something that is popular now that annoys you?
Snapchat

What did you do this past week?
Work and work

What was the last time you worked incredibly hard?
Yesterday

Are you very active of do you prefer to just relax in your free time?
Active

Just For Fun:

Outdoor Activity
Ice skating

Office Supplies
Ink cartridge

Party Themes

Things You Need A Ticket For
Ice Capades

Vacation Spots
Ireland

1980’s Stuff
Icky

Electronic Devices

Actors

Things That Smell Bad

Nicknames

Today’s Word:
Acerbic adj. Sharp or biting, as in character or expression. “The director occasionally allowed an acerbic tone to an otherwise subtle dialogue.”

Quote Of The Day:
“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”

Recipe of the Day:

4 cups bourbon
2 bunches fresh spearmint
1 cup distilled water
1 cup granulated sugar
Powdered sugar

To prepare mint extract, remove about 40 small mint leaves. Wash and place in a small bowl. Cover with 3 ounces bourbon. Allow the leaves to soak for 15 minutes. Then gather the leaves in paper toweling. Thoroughly wring the mint over the bowl of whisky. Dip the bundle again and repeat the process several times.
To prepare simple syrup, mix 1 cup of granulated sugar and 1 cup of distilled water in a small saucepan. Heat to dissolve sugar. Stir constantly so the sugar does not burn. Set aside to cool.
To prepare mint julep mixture, pour 3 1/2 cups of bourbon into a large glass bowl or glass pitcher. Add 1 cup of the simple syrup to the bourbon.
Now begin adding the mint extract 1 tablespoon at a time to the julep mixture. Each batch of mint extract is different, so you must taste and smell after each tablespoon is added. You are looking for a soft mint aroma and taste-generally about 3 tablespoons. When you think it's right, pour the whole mixture back into the empty liter bottle and refrigerate it for at least 24 hours to "marry" the flavors.
To serve the julep, fill each glass (preferably a silver mint julep cup) 1/2 full with shaved ice. Insert a spring of mint and then pack in more ice to about 1-inch over the top of the cup. Then, insert a straw that has been cut to 1-inch above the top of the cup so the nose is forced close to the mint when sipping the julep.
When frost forms on the cup, pour the refrigerated julep mixture over the ice and add a sprinkle of powdered sugar to the top of the ice. Serve immediately.

Today Is:
Dandelion Days
Free Comic Book Day
Herb Day
Join Hands Day
Kentucky Derby
National Homebrew Day
No Diet Day
No Homework Day
Beverage Day

Have a fantastic weekend
You too ylisa !
And everyone else.

Thanks for the mint Julio recipe. Sounds refreshing

Old 05-06-2017, 09:31 AM

5,893 posts, read 3,769,504 times

Today’s Questions:

You mean comic books? I never got into them

Have you ever grown any herbs? not yet Which ones?

Many years ago I made homemade Kahlua

Do you like scrapbooking?
I've done it before but it's just a little too tedious for me
What do you collect or save from places you have been?
In the past I've collected things like concert tickets and little souvenirs

Do you have a smoke detector? Yes, several a carbon monoxide detector? Noa fire extinguisher?Yes Have you checked your batteries? No need, the dang things chirp when I need to replace a battery

Do you know any nurses?
Yes, my ex-sister-in-law and my Stepsister are nurses

Extra Credit Questions:
I think my body would be more useful to science, I haven't taken very good care of myself so my organs probably wouldn't be harvest-able

lose a year

golden voice

animals

CEO

Sell all my possessions

automated home

forgotten

never sleep again

domestic

Bonus Questions:

going shopping and to lunch with my Mom today, don't know about tomorrow

Pokemon Go

not much, mostly cleaning and doing small projects where I can sit

Last year in my yard

I want to be more active but my knees won't let me, I do what I can when I can

Today’s Word:
Acerbic adj. Sharp or biting, as in character or expression. “The director occasionally allowed an acerbic tone to an otherwise subtle dialogue.”

Quote Of The Day:

Recipe of the Day:

4 cups bourbon
1 cup distilled water
1 cup granulated sugar
Powdered sugar

To prepare mint extract, remove about 40 small mint leaves. Wash and place in a small bowl. Cover with 3 ounces bourbon. Allow the leaves to soak for 15 minutes. Then gather the leaves in paper toweling. Thoroughly wring the mint over the bowl of whisky. Dip the bundle again and repeat the process several times.
To prepare simple syrup, mix 1 cup of granulated sugar and 1 cup of distilled water in a small saucepan. Heat to dissolve sugar. Stir constantly so the sugar does not burn. Set aside to cool.
To prepare mint julep mixture, pour 3 1/2 cups of bourbon into a large glass bowl or glass pitcher. Add 1 cup of the simple syrup to the bourbon.
Now begin adding the mint extract 1 tablespoon at a time to the julep mixture. Each batch of mint extract is different, so you must taste and smell after each tablespoon is added. You are looking for a soft mint aroma and taste-generally about 3 tablespoons. When you think it's right, pour the whole mixture back into the empty liter bottle and refrigerate it for at least 24 hours to "marry" the flavors.
To serve the julep, fill each glass (preferably a silver mint julep cup) 1/2 full with shaved ice. Insert a spring of mint and then pack in more ice to about 1-inch over the top of the cup. Then, insert a straw that has been cut to 1-inch above the top of the cup so the nose is forced close to the mint when sipping the julep.
When frost forms on the cup, pour the refrigerated julep mixture over the ice and add a sprinkle of powdered sugar to the top of the ice. Serve immediately.

Today Is:
Dandelion Days
Free Comic Book Day
Herb Day
Join Hands Day
Kentucky Derby
National Homebrew Day
No Diet Day
No Homework Day
Beverage Day

Have a fantastic weekend

Old 05-06-2017, 11:30 AM

24,374 posts, read 25,884,527 times
Today’s Questions:

Blonde, L'll Abner, Mighty Mouse and Superman.

Rosemary, basil, parsley and thyme.

Yep, Kahlúa

Do you like scrapbooking?
No

What do you collect or save from places you have been?
Tee shirts, pins, caps and odds and ends.

Have all 3, batteries are checked when I think about it.

Do you know any nurses?
Nope

Extra Credit Questions:

Neither

Neither

Neither

Domestic, but it's gotta be 1st class and pre TSA.

Bonus Questions:
Nothing I know about.

Postings on a local Facebook page.

Took the trash to the curb for pickup then put the empty carts away, picked up the mail, nothing exciting.

Prefer active, but times change things.

Just For Fun:

Outdoor ActivityIndoor Skydiving

Office SuppliesIndexing Tabs

Party ThemesIncome Tax Ideas BYOB

Things You Need A Ticket ForInternational flights

Vacation SpotsIceland

1980’s StuffIMAX movies

Electronic DevicesiMac

ActorsIda Lupino

Things That Smell BadIsocyanide

Nicknames[b]Izzy, Village Mayor[b]

Thanx Lisa.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:19 PM

18,761 posts, read 11,755,546 times
[quote=ylisa7;48060835]Hello and Happy Friday Night/Saturday

Today’s Questions:

No not really.
I'm growing dill this year.
Oh no.
Do you like scrapbooking? What do you collect or save from places you have been?
Yes. It's mostly pictures but there are some ticket stubs in there.
Yes and yes.
Do you know any nurses?

Yes, many.

Extra Credit Questions:
I'm an organ donor.
Can I pick the day?
Silver tongue. I admire intelligent people.
Animals.
I'll be a senator.
You can have my possessions.
Self driving car.
I'll take forgotten.
Never have to work.

International

Bonus Questions:

Start digging the patio. Ugh.

Ice skate, swim, roller skate, walk the dogs, visited two nurseries went to the movies, grocery store.
Back in February when we had a highly unusual warm spell. We worked like slaves getting the glass back splash in before the weather changed again.

Very active. Sitting around is boring.

Just For Fun:

Outdoor Activity

Office Supplies

Party Themes

Things You Need A Ticket For

Vacation Spots

1980’s Stuff

Electronic Devices

Actors

Things That Smell Bad

Nicknames

Today’s Word:

Quote Of The Day:

Recipe of the Day:

4 cups bourbon
1 cup distilled water
1 cup granulated sugar
Powdered sugar

Today Is:
Dandelion Days
Free Comic Book Day
Herb Day
Join Hands Day
Kentucky Derby
National Homebrew Day
No Diet Day
No Homework Day
Beverage Day

Have a fantastic weekend

Thanks Lisa. The dirt awaits.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:25 PM

4,850 posts, read 3,626,344 times
:

What were your favorite comics when you were young? Archie

Have you ever grown any herbs? Which ones? no

Have you ever made your own wine, beer or liquor? no

Do you like scrapbooking? What do you collect or save from places you have been? no scrapbooking, always buy some pottery in Santa Fe

Do you have a smoke detector? a carbon monoxide detector? a fire extinguisher? Have you checked your batteries? no

Do you know any nurses? My oldest stepdaughter is an RN

Extra Credit Questions:
Would you rather donate your body to science or donate your organs to people who need them? neither

Would you rather relive the same day for 365 days or lose a year of your life? no

Would you rather have a golden voice or a silver tongue? silver tongue

Would you rather be able to control animals (but not humans) with your mind or control electronics with your mind? electronics

Would you rather suddenly be elected a senator or suddenly become a CEO of a major company. (You won’t have any more knowledge about how to do either job than you do right now.) neither

Would you rather sell all of your possessions or sell one of your organs? possessions

Would you rather have a completely automated home or a self-driving car? neither

Would you rather be infamous in history books or be forgotten after your death? forgotten

Would you rather never have to work again or never have to sleep again (you won’t feel tired or suffer negative health effects)? never work luvvvv sleep

Would you rather get one free round trip international plane ticket every year or be able to fly domestic anytime for free? domestic for free

Bonus Questions:

What are you going to do this weekend? putting a paver sitting area down

What is something that is popular now that annoys you? white people initating african americans

What did you do this past week? work (or show up anyway-little if any real work)

What was the last time you worked incredibly hard? removing popcorn ceilings from our home

Are you very active of do you prefer to just relax in your free time? RELAX

Just For Fun:

Outdoor Activity indoor swimming

Office Supplies Ink

Party Themes ??

Things You Need A Ticket For ???

Vacation Spots India

1980’s Stuff dunno

Electronic Devices this is too hard

Actors Inez somebody

Things That Smell Bad dunno

Nicknames

Today’s Word:

Quote Of The Day:

Recipe of the Day:

4 cups bourbon
1 cup distilled water
1 cup granulated sugar
Powdered sugar

Today Is:
Dandelion Days
Free Comic Book Day
Herb Day
Join Hands Day
Kentucky Derby
National Homebrew Day
No Diet Day
No Homework Day
Beverage Day

Have a fantastic weekend[/quote]

Old 05-06-2017, 06:48 PM

9,707 posts, read 14,206,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post

Today’s Questions:

What were your favorite comics when you were young?don't remember

Have you ever grown any herbs? Which ones?yes, rosemary, oregano, parsley

Have you ever made your own wine, beer or liquor?no

Do you like scrapbooking?never did it What do you collect or save from places you have been? I'm purging all of the stuff I've collected over the years.....rocks, post cards, keychains, lots of junk. What was I thinking?

Do you have a smoke detector? a carbon monoxide detector? a fire extinguisher? Have you checked your batteries? Yes

Do you know any nurses? yes

Extra Credit Questions:
Would you rather donate your body to science or donate your organs to people who need them? too deep of a subject

Would you rather relive the same day for 365 days or lose a year of your life? also too deep of a subject

Would you rather have a golden voice or a silver tongue? don't know

Would you rather be able to control animals (but not humans) with your mind or control electronics with your mind? don't know

Would you rather suddenly be elected a senator or suddenly become a CEO of a major company. (You won’t have any more knowledge about how to do either job than you do right now.)neither

Would you rather sell all of your possessions or sell one of your organs? too deep of a subject LOL

Would you rather have a completely automated home or a self-driving car? neither

Would you rather be infamous in history books or be forgotten after your death? don't know......I'm too busy being happy now

Would you rather never have to work again or never have to sleep again (you won’t feel tired or suffer negative health effects)? Neither...I live to work, and love it! Can't imagine not sleeping,
so.....

Would you rather get one free round trip international plane ticket every year or be able to fly domestic anytime for free? neither, I won't fly

Bonus Questions:

What are you going to do this weekend? I started work this morning at 6 a.m., and closed the office at 1 p.m. Then, we went to play penny slots and have a nice lunch. After a nap, we're enjoying the Washington Nationals game. Tomorrow it's Rise and Shine, early. A full work day, but appointments are close to my home/office.

What is something that is popular now that annoys you? talking on a cell phone in the grocery store EXAMPLE: a guy is grocery shopping, talking to the wife on the cell phone, and asking her questions about the shopping list.....WHILE HE'S IN EVERYBODY'S WAY!

What did you do this past week? I put in a 55 hour week working. It was a very productive and rewarding week for me.

What was the last time you worked incredibly hard? Since I opened my business in 1993 I haven't worked "incredibly" hard. Love what I do, so it's not work.

Are you very active of do you prefer to just relax in your free time? Very active working (not exercising). Relaxing tonight, but tomorrow is another busy work day. Gotta hurry with the rest of this, because the Nationals are whipping those Phillies tonight

Just For Fun:

Outdoor Activity ice skating

Office Supplies Interface maps

Party Themes I Love Elvis Party

Things You Need A Ticket For concert

Vacation Spots I avoid

1980’s Stuff Iggy Pop CD

Electronic Devices IPod

Actors stumped me here

Things That Smell Bad Ink in magic marker

Nicknames Issie

Have a fantastic weekend
Thanks, Lisa-Always-Dreaming!

Last edited by rdlr; 05-06-2017 at 06:59 PM..

Old 05-07-2017, 07:35 PM

44,312 posts, read 19,982,912 times
Today’s Questions:

What were your favorite comics when you were young? I loved Priscilla's Pop, B.C., Nancy, Garfield, Peanuts and others.

Have you ever grown any herbs? Yep. Which ones? Basil, parsley, thyme and oregano.

Have you ever made your own wine, beer or liquor? I've made a homemade Irish crème liqueur, but it's been a number of years since I made a batch.

Do you like scrapbooking? No. What do you collect or save from places you have been? Nothing in particular (as in not the same sort of item from different places). While on my last vacation, a few weeks ago, I purchased some local liqueurs, a new handbag and some chocolates. (Also purchased a bunch of gifts for friends and family.)

Do you have a smoke detector? Yes; two. a carbon monoxide detector? Yes. a fire extinguisher? Yes. Have you checked your batteries? Yepper.

Do you know any nurses? Yes; several. They're all angels of mercy.

Extra Credit Questions:
Would you rather donate your body to science or donate your organs to people who need them? Organs. Although, I think the other option is important as well.

Would you rather relive the same day for 365 days or lose a year of your life? Lose a year.

Would you rather have a golden voice or a silver tongue? Golden voice.

Would you rather be able to control animals (but not humans) with your mind or control electronics with your mind? Electronics.

Would you rather suddenly be elected a senator or suddenly become a CEO of a major company. (You won’t have any more knowledge about how to do either job than you do right now.) Hmmmm. I'll choose senator. I probably wouldn't do much worse than those already in office.

Would you rather sell all of your possessions or sell one of your organs? Sell all possessions. If I were parting with an organ, I wouldn't do it for money.

Would you rather have a completely automated home or a self-driving car? Automated home.

Would you rather be infamous in history books or be forgotten after your death? Forgotten. I sure wouldn't want to be remembered for something negative.

Would you rather never have to work again or never have to sleep again (you won’t feel tired or suffer negative health effects)? Never have to work again.

Would you rather get one free round trip international plane ticket every year or be able to fly domestic anytime for free? One international ticket every year.

Bonus Questions:
What are you going to do this weekend? I spent the weekend (from Thursday evening till Sunday evening) at a Christian retreat center, where I was the music leader. I got home a short while ago and am exhausted but elated.

What is something that is popular now that annoys you? Facebook.

What did you do this past week? Worked Monday through Thursday afternoon; then worked (volunteered) at the Christian retreat.

What was the last time you worked incredibly hard? This weekend. It's exhausting work and I got very little sleep for three nights, but it was wonderful experience.

Are you very active of do you prefer to just relax in your free time? I'm extremely active. (I need to slow down!) When I retire, I hope to slow down some.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-07-2017 at 08:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics