Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 03:27 AM

16,903 posts, read 16,109,149 times

Advertisements

~ Have you ever purchased Post Cards...you know, with a scene or something on them?

~ Are you getting excited about Thanksgiving dinner coming soon?

~ About how long has it been since you saw a lawn sprinkler that was sprinkling water? Guess.

~ Do you find regular spaghetti to be somewhat inferior...compared to some other variety of pasta?

~ Something that you have used 'steel wool' for during your lifetime:

~ Where in your vehicle do you put most of your groceries when leaving the market? What's your 'system'?

~ What is something that you actually enjoy cooking/baking at home?

~ Name a song that has the word in its lyrics or title:

Night -

Coffee -

Horse -

Love -

Road -

~ Where is your can of WD-40 right now?

**** Today, Fryday...your secret mission that simply must be carried out(!) is:

At any time today you must give a grin and utter, "It's a dandy!" ****

You do that and your day will be better, I promise you! ****
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 03:58 AM

11,358 posts, read 9,270,331 times
~ Have you ever purchased Post Cards...you know, with a scene or something on them? - Ever? Yes

~ Are you getting excited about Thanksgiving dinner coming soon? -

~ About how long has it been since you saw a lawn sprinkler that was sprinkling water? Guess. - Don't know

~ Do you find regular spaghetti to be somewhat inferior...compared to some other variety of pasta?
I don't but I do not have either too often. It's been at least 5 years since I last cooked any.

I'm fond of the garlic spaghetti from this place:
https://www.paisanospizza.com/index....u&menu=entrees

~ Something that you have used 'steel wool' for during your lifetime: - Oven racks for my portable oven. (I have a regular one too)

~ Where in your vehicle do you put most of your groceries when leaving the market? What's your 'system'? - Mostly front seat because I buy a little at a time. I have a CO-OP grocery strore right across the street which is where I do most of my shopping. I just carry what I buy home.

~ What is something that you actually enjoy cooking/baking at home? - I do not bake often but I love to cook.

~ Name a song that has the word in its lyrics or title: -

Night Rally - Elvis Costello

Black Coffee In Bed - Squeeze

Horse With No Name - America

Love Shack - B52s

Road To Nowhere - Talking Heads

~ Where is your can of WD-40 right now? - N/A

Thanks, Rainroosty.
Happy Friday to all!

Last edited by John13; 05-12-2017 at 04:13 AM..

Old 05-12-2017, 04:17 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,044 times
~ Have you ever purchased Post Cards...you know, with a scene or something on them? Have, in Maine. My dad had a postcard collection of old scenes from our town.

~ Are you getting excited about Thanksgiving dinner coming soon? I love Thanksgiving dinner, but am looking forward to the summer and fall before!

~ About how long has it been since you saw a lawn sprinkler that was sprinkling water? Guess. I would guess it's been quite a while since last summer was so dry.

~ Do you find regular spaghetti to be somewhat inferior...compared to some other variety of pasta? Different, but I wouldn't say inferior.

~ Something that you have used 'steel wool' for during your lifetime: Only to clean pots

~ Where in your vehicle do you put most of your groceries when leaving the market? What's your 'system'? If it's only a couple bags, they go in the back seat. When I pick up more, most things go in the trunk.

~ What is something that you actually enjoy cooking/baking at home? Cookies

Night - One of these Nights

Coffee - Black Coffee (Ella)

Horse - Wild Horses

Love - Our Love is here to Stay (Billie)

Road - Bless the Broken Road

~ Where is your can of WD-40 right now? I am ashamed to say, roosty.... I don't have one.

You do that and your day will be better, I promise you! **** Have a dandy day, all!

Old 05-12-2017, 04:36 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,684,585 times
~ Have you ever purchased Post Cards...you know, with a scene or something on them? Yes.

~ Are you getting excited about Thanksgiving dinner coming soon? Not really.

~ About how long has it been since you saw a lawn sprinkler that was sprinkling water? Guess. Yesterday.

~ Do you find regular spaghetti to be somewhat inferior...compared to some other variety of pasta? No.

~ Something that you have used 'steel wool' for during your lifetime: To clean pots.

~ Where in your vehicle do you put most of your groceries when leaving the market? What's your 'system'? I put the bags of groceries in the trunk.

~ What is something that you actually enjoy cooking/baking at home? I don't bake or cook much anymore.

Night - Dance The Night Away - Van Halen

Coffee - One More Cup of Coffee - Bob Dylan

Horse - A Horse With No Name - America

Love - All I Want To Do Is Make Love To You - Heart

Road - The Long and Winding Road - The Beatles

~ Where is your can of WD-40 right now? In the basement.

[/quote]

It's a dandy!

Old 05-12-2017, 04:40 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,211,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ Have you ever purchased Post Cards...you know, with a scene or something on them? Many but likely none in the past 40 or 50 years

~ Are you getting excited about Thanksgiving dinner coming soon? Well oe ofus is a little confused here

~ About how long has it been since you saw a lawn sprinkler that was sprinkling water? Guess.A few days

No

~ Something that you have used 'steel wool' for during your lifetime:food burned onto a pan

~ Where in your vehicle do you put most of your groceries when leaving the market?Passenger seat side of front What's your 'system'?heavy stuf on floor rest on seat

~ What is something that you actually enjoy cooking/baking at home?
Married old man .Been a long time since I cooked any thing other than my own breakfast

~ Where is your can of WD-40 right now?
In cabinet under kitchen sink

Pick up PowerBall ticket

At any time today you must give a grin and utter, "It's a dandy!" **** Sorry Not a phrase I expect to use

Thank rainroosty Have a great day!!

Old 05-12-2017, 05:22 AM

36,408 posts, read 16,014,557 times
~ Have you ever purchased Post Cards...you know, with a scene or something on them?
It's been several years, but yes.

~ Are you getting excited about Thanksgiving dinner coming soon? Not even close.

~ About how long has it been since you saw a lawn sprinkler that was sprinkling water? Guess.
Don't really see them here, so a year or so.

~ Do you find regular spaghetti to be somewhat inferior...compared to some other variety of pasta?NO

~ Something that you have used 'steel wool' for during your lifetime: Cleaning and plugging holes in the deck made by the carpenter bees

~ Where in your vehicle do you put most of your groceries when leaving the market? What's your 'system'?
Usually in the front seat next to me, unless there is a lot, then in the trunk.

~ What is something that you actually enjoy cooking/baking at home? Anything, when I have to cook

Night - In the Heat of the Night.

Coffee -Afternoons and Coffeespoons~~ Crash Test Dummies

Horse - Wild Horses~~Bishop Briggs

Love - Bleeding Love

Road -On the Road again

~ Where is your can of WD-40 right now? In the cabinet in the laundry room.

At any time today you must give a grin and utter, "It's a dandy!" ****I could probably do that.

Old 05-12-2017, 05:52 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,640,635 times
[quote=rainroosty;48129679]~ Have you ever purchased Post Cards...you know, with a scene or something on them? I used to collect them as a teenager.

~ Are you getting excited about Thanksgiving dinner coming soon? Huh?

~ About how long has it been since you saw a lawn sprinkler that was sprinkling water? Guess. Today in my yard

~ Do you find regular spaghetti to be somewhat inferior...compared to some other variety of pasta? Don't eat pasta.

~ Something that you have used 'steel wool' for during your lifetime: cleaning

~ Where in your vehicle do you put most of your groceries when leaving the market? What's your 'system'? cargo area

~ What is something that you actually enjoy cooking/baking at home? nothing

Night - moves

Coffee - dunno

Horse - dunno

Love - in the late afternoon

Road -Trippin (Josh Abbott band)

~ Where is your can of WD-40 right now? garage

Old 05-12-2017, 05:57 AM

11,080 posts, read 17,518,738 times
~ Have you ever purchased Post Cards...you know, with a scene or something on them? A long long time ago

~ Are you getting excited about Thanksgiving dinner coming soon? This soon? Nope

~ Do you find regular spaghetti to be somewhat inferior...compared to some other variety of pasta? Regular spaghetti is fine with me

~ Something that you have used 'steel wool' for during your lifetime: I remember my dad cleaning his golf clubs with steel wook

~ Where in your vehicle do you put most of your groceries when leaving the market? What's your 'system'? I put everything in the back end of our Rendevouz. Easier than trying to get it all out of the back seat

~ What is something that you actually enjoy cooking/baking at home? Chocolate chip cookies!

Night - Rainy Night in Georgia

Coffee - Coffee Cantata J. S. Bach (had to google that one. lol

Horse - Horse with No Name

Love - What the World Needs Now is Love, Sweet Love

Road - Thunder Road

~ Where is your can of WD-40 right now? In the basement

Old 05-12-2017, 06:01 AM

126,250 posts, read 19,019,305 times
~ Have you ever purchased Post Cards...you know, with a scene or something on them? Yes I have many times as a souvenir or to send to family and friends

~ Are you getting excited about Thanksgiving dinner coming soon? Not yet....

~ About how long has it been since you saw a lawn sprinkler that was sprinkling water? Guess. Last autumn

~ Do you find regular spaghetti to be somewhat inferior...compared to some other variety of pasta? Not really

~ Something that you have used 'steel wool' for during your lifetime: scrubbing pots or using the steel wool for sanding or cleaning real dirty boots

~ Where in your vehicle do you put most of your groceries when leaving the market? What's your 'system'? The trunk

~ What is something that you actually enjoy cooking/baking at home? The kitchen is my favorite place in my home. I love baking bread,buns and cakes. Making pies,pizza,homemade yogurt,dumplings with compote,vegetable dishes,lentil/bean soups,occasionally a poultry dish or fish...love cooking/baking for others

Night - Strangers in The Night - beautiful performed by Frank Sinatra

Coffee -J.S. Bach: Kaffeekantate, "Ei, wie schmeckt der Coffee süsse" - Robin Johannsen

Horse -Live Like Horses by Elton John

Love -I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston

Road - On the Road Again by Willie Nelson ( love this song)

~ Where is your can of WD-40 right now? In the garage on a shelf

Thank you roosty and a happy Fryday to all

Old 05-12-2017, 06:12 AM

7,487 posts, read 7,998,593 times
~ Have you ever purchased Post Cards...you know, with a scene or something on them? A few times

~ Are you getting excited about Thanksgiving dinner coming soon? I get excited about every dinner

~ About how long has it been since you saw a lawn sprinkler that was sprinkling water? Guess. A few days

~ Do you find regular spaghetti to be somewhat inferior...compared to some other variety of pasta? With my 5 alarm spaghetti sauce you don't really notice the spaghetti.

~ Something that you have used 'steel wool' for during your lifetime: A science project in 9th grade

~ Where in your vehicle do you put most of your groceries when leaving the market? What's your 'system'? Either the front seat or the back seat if more than a couple bags. My system is rather easy. I just open the door and put the groceries on the seat.

~ What is something that you actually enjoy cooking/baking at home? Rolls

~ Name a song that has the word in its lyrics or title: It is way before the crack of noon. So, my brain can't think of any song names

Night -

Coffee -

Horse -

Love -

Road -

~ Where is your can of WD-40 right now? Still sitting on the shelf at the store

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics