Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 08:12 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times

Advertisements

[quote=Alaskan Mutt;48463564]Just when you thought it was safe to check C-D the QOTD pops up.

-When driving have you ever pulled into a rest stop or somewhere else and taken a nap in your car?
Only when I moved myself back from California. I had a pretty big truck and I was towing my car.
-How old were you when you first drove a car?
Maybe 15.
-How old were you when you got your drivers license?
I think 16.
-Have you ever driven something besides a car or truck?
Yes, a big school bus. I still have a class c license.

OK folks...It is fun time
-When you were a kid and still indestructable did you ever try something really stupid like jumping off the roof while using a blanket as a parachute?
Yikes no.
-You have been chosen to come up with a new Olympic competition. It does not have to be a sport. What will be the new event?
A chocolate covered marshmallow bunny eating contest. I will win.
-Have you ever called a radio station that was having contest? Did you win?
Not for a contest but for a talk about how John saved a man from a burning building on his way to getting a donut and some coffee. He was awarded the medal of valor for doing it.

What's that you say? You want a foodie question? OK...
-Have you ever eaten somewhere that had a bowl of peanuts to munch on while waiting for your meal? Did you throw the shells on the floor?
Yes but no shells on the floor.
-Do you taste your food first or just add seasonings such as salt and pepper before tasting?

Taste it first.
Today is...
-NATIONAL CORN ON THE COB DAY
-NATIONAL GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE DAY

These questions have been stored on the back porch of a strangers house for the past week. Answer them at your own risk.

Thanks mutt dear one. Nice job and no veggie slamming questions. I'm proud of you

We're off to the phonograph show. My shorties wanted to come over today and it would have been the first time all 3 of them and their girlfriends would have been over in forever. We're off to the beach tomorrow with the 4 year old so I might not be able to visit with you. It's HOT!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 08:23 AM

9,722 posts, read 14,262,736 times
[quote=Alaskan Mutt;48463564]
-When driving have you ever pulled into a rest stop or somewhere else and taken a nap in your car?I worked a real job once, and took a daily nap in my car at lunchtime....didn't run the car

-How old were you when you first drove a car? almost 16

-How old were you when you got your drivers license? 16

-Have you ever driven something besides a car or truck? I've driven tractors, combines (shelled corn), mowers, and everything else that goes with living and working on a farm. I've also driven sulkies when training harness horses.

-When you were a kid and still indestructable did you ever try something really stupid like jumping off the roof while using a blanket as a parachute? no

-You have been chosen to come up with a new Olympic competition. It does not have to be a sport. What will be the new event? don't know

-Have you ever called a radio station that was having contest? yes Did you win? no

-Have you ever eaten somewhere that had a bowl of peanuts to munch on while waiting for your meal? Did you throw the shells on the floor? Yes, we use to go to the local "Peanut Room" for Friday night fun, live bands, food, and of course shelling peanuts and throwing the shells on the floor. We also have a Texas Roadhouse here, where the peanut thing goes on.

-Do you taste your food first or just add seasonings such as salt and pepper before tasting? We have no salt in this house. And yes, we know what to pepper and season before we taste the food.

Thanks, Mutt!

Old 06-11-2017, 08:34 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,855 times
-When driving have you ever pulled into a rest stop or somewhere else and taken a nap in your car?

No.

About 15 or 16 when I first drove, but didn't get my license until quite a bit later. Driving was never something that was a big deal to me. I still don't like to drive. Self-driving cars can't some sooner.

No.

-When you were a kid and still indestructable did you ever try something really stupid like jumping off the roof while using a blanket as a parachute?

Nothing too stupid. Sliding down stairs in a box - that sort of thing.

-You have been chosen to come up with a new Olympic competition. It does not have to be a sport. What will be the new event?

Fill your mouths with water and try to make each other laugh.

A long time ago I won a CD and an Alanis Morissette/radio station T-shirt. I think that's about it.

-Have you ever eaten somewhere that had a bowl of peanuts to munch on while waiting for your meal? Did you throw the shells on the floor?

Yes, once. It's kind of gross thinking about saliva being on those peanut shells being thrown around; it's basically like people spitting on the floor while you're sitting right there eating. Yeah, come to think of it that's disgusting.

-Do you taste your food first or just add seasonings such as salt and pepper before tasting?

Yes. I rarely add extra salt to anything.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:00 AM

27,343 posts, read 27,395,534 times
My dad let me drive around the block or in parking lots around the age of maybe 12.
I've called radio stations for contests and won concert tickets a couple of times but anything else, never won.
Food, depending what I'm eating, usually I'll spice it up or salt it down.
Have a good Sunday!

Old 06-11-2017, 10:05 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,520,245 times
Just when you thought it was safe to check C-D the QOTD pops up.

-When driving have you ever pulled into a rest stop or somewhere else and taken a nap in your car? Yes many times..

-How old were you when you first drove a car? Just turned 15 had a Agriculture License

-How old were you when you got your drivers license? 16 special license to drive to school

-Have you ever driven something besides a car or truck? Yes heavy equipment - boats power & sail and while in the Navy several times got to steer the " BIG BOAT" aircraft carrier..

-When you were a kid and still indestructable did you ever try something really stupid like jumping off the roof while using a blanket as a parachute? Yes many times... learning curve has never kicked in..

-You have been chosen to come up with a new Olympic competition. It does not have to be a sport. What will be the new event? Bocce Ball with the Nations Logo on the Ball...

-Have you ever called a radio station that was having contest? Did you win? No.. but as a kid did call many people claiming to be the radio station...

-Have you ever eaten somewhere that had a bowl of peanuts to munch on while waiting for your meal? Did you throw the shells on the floor? Steak Place up north... Menu's made from a half a log... 4-6 inch in dia. Excellent place..

-Do you taste your food first or just add seasonings such as salt and pepper before tasting? Taste food.. simple.. very seldom add all this junk on them.. salt - pepper - onion - garlic.. Bad piece of meat half a jug of A-1

Today is...
-NATIONAL CORN ON THE COB DAY Yes
This event in the spring every year just west of Chattanooga TN
National Cornbread Festival - South Pittsburg, TN - April

-NATIONAL GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE DAY Nirvana

These questions have been stored on the back porch of a strangers house for the past week. Answer them at your own risk. Were they in a old pickle jar ?

Thanks.. Mutt .............................. Have a great week... eating and enjoying life

Old 06-11-2017, 11:20 AM

24,463 posts, read 25,999,509 times
I have, but not lately.

[b]motorcycles, boats, box trucks, house boats, fork lifts.[b]

Yep and I suspect thats partially why my back and legs are kinda messed up.

Tug Of War

Nope

Yes and yes.

I do have a tendency to pepper my food before digging in.

These questions have been stored on the back porch of a strangers house for the past week. Answer them at your own risk.

Thanks for the Q's Mutt.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:29 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,003,579 times

Many times. Anywhere from 15 minutes to 8 or more hours.

I think I was 12 at the time. Where we lived at the time got really cold in the winter. Somehow it became my job to start and warm up the car.

I was 16

I drove a fuel truck for 3 years. Have also driven small dump trucks and various things at airports.

-When you were a kid and still indestructible did you ever try something really stupid like jumping off the roof while using a blanket as a parachute?
Use to hang on to the rear bumper of the school bus during the winter and let it pull me down the road.

TV channel surfing

Only a few times. I really sucked at it. The one time I was actually the caller number they were looking for I accidently hung up before answering the question.

The was a bar near the university I went to that had peanuts. If they caught you putting the shells in a bowl they would empty the bowl on you.

If I did the cooking I season before tasting. Otherwise I usually taste first

Today is...

Old 06-11-2017, 11:58 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

-How old were you when you first drove a car? 16

-How old were you when you got your drivers license?16

-Have you ever called a radio station that was having contest? Did you win? Yes I did...but no I didn't win.

-Have you ever eaten somewhere that had a bowl of peanuts to munch on while waiting for your meal?
Did you throw the shells on the floor?

Taste it first.

Today is...

I bought some fresh corn on the cob yesterday, will probably make it today with dinner.

Thanks! Have a great week!

Old 06-11-2017, 12:17 PM

38,885 posts, read 22,870,508 times
-When driving have you ever pulled into a rest stop or somewhere else and taken a nap in your car? I've pulled into rest stops but never took naps there.

-How old were you when you first drove a car? 16

-How old were you when you got your drivers license? 16

-Have you ever driven something besides a car or truck? A U-Haul moving van. It was a free upgrade from the one I originally reserved because they didn't have any on hand when I was ready to move.

-When you were a kid and still indestructable did you ever try something really stupid like jumping off the roof while using a blanket as a parachute? I'm sure I did but I don't remember anything specific right now.

-You have been chosen to come up with a new Olympic competition. It does not have to be a sport. What will be the new event? Basket weaving.

-Have you ever called a radio station that was having contest? Did you win? I've tried calling radio stations in the past but could never get through.

-Have you ever eaten somewhere that had a bowl of peanuts to munch on while waiting for your meal? Yes, Five Guys Burgers has peanuts that need to be shelled first. Did you throw the shells on the floor? Of course.

-Do you taste your food first or just add seasonings such as salt and pepper before tasting? I usually add seasonings first.

Make sure your Sunday is a fun day!

Old 06-11-2017, 01:14 PM

126,272 posts, read 19,045,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

-When driving have you ever pulled into a rest stop or somewhere else and taken a nap in your car?...YES

-How old were you when you first drove a car? .... Late 20's

-How old were you when you got your drivers license?.... Late 20's

-Have you ever driven something besides a car or truck?.... Lawnmower and tractor on a field

-When you were a kid and still indestructable did you ever try something really stupid like jumping off the roof while using a blanket as a parachute?....Nope

-You have been chosen to come up with a new Olympic competition. It does not have to be a sport. What will be the new event?.......who can stitch 30 buttons​ on a jacket the fastest and neatest

-Have you ever called a radio station that was having contest? Did you win?...NO to both

-Have you ever eaten somewhere that had a bowl of peanuts to munch on while waiting for your meal? ..NO... Did you throw the shells on the floor? I would not eat any nuts

-Do you taste your food first or just add seasonings such as salt and pepper before tasting?...Always checking before how much flavor I need

Today is...

THANK YOU Alaskan Mutt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics