Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 10:41 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,829,897 times

Advertisements

My mom was always at work so my sister and I were home by ourselves after school. We were supposed to stay in the yard and not let anyone in the house, as well as not being allowed in anyone else's. We would break that rule at least 3 times a week and would get caught at least once a week. It usually involved a game of hide and seek and someone sneaking inside to hide, before you know it we were all in one house or another and would lose track of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 10:52 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,291,013 times
I can't think of anything,I was pretty good for the most part.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:56 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Constantly getting in trouble for? Coming home late. Happened quite a bit. That and sassing my mother, which I always got busted for. I regret it now, but hey! Kids will be kids.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 AM

3,567 posts, read 3,735,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
I was a pretty good kid but my mouth use to get me in trouble. Even back then I wanted to know "why" and "how come" I was pretty good at arguing my case and negotiation
lol had I know back then that these would of continued through life I would of headed right for law school
That's me!

Now I am paying for it with a litigating teenaged son. The two of us can really get it going.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:51 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
I used to get in trouble for things like not cleaning my room, blaming things on my little brother, talking back. Dont do it anymore.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:33 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
When I was a kid, we lived less than a mile away from a bowling alley that had pinball machines. This was back in 1971, when I was 14. Me and other kids from the neighborhood used to hang out at that place and play pinball, and I got in trouble one time because I got upset at one of the pinball machines, and I damaged the glass top when I slammed my fist into that aluminum bar right above the flipper buttons, and I cracked the glass there. It was pretty loud in there because there were a lot of people bowling that afternoon, and the guy at the counter didn't hear me slam my fist, but somebody told him and they asked me to not come back again.

Coincidentally, just a few months earlier, one of the kids I used to hang out with had a potty mouth, and everytime things didn't go so well for him on the pinball machines, he'd use foul language. The manager of the bowling alley had enough that day and he kicked all of us out, which goes back to yesterday's question about getting kicked out of places, that was one, and unfortunately, I was kicked out for good after I damaged the pinball machine!

Yeah I know, that was bad, but I confessed my sins.

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 03-13-2008 at 01:41 PM..

Old 03-13-2008, 01:37 PM

24,458 posts, read 25,995,249 times
Oh my yes.
Coming home late.
Hopping freights to go to the next town.
Unfinished home work.
Playing in worked out coal mining pits.
The list could go on.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:44 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,808,588 times
I was raised with an iron fist, and if you see something that is supposed to get done and you dont do it.......you would get it,
So I would get in trouble for procrast ( sp)....ugh for putting off till later

Old 03-13-2008, 02:21 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,933,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Todays question:

[b]Was there one thing when you were younger that you found yourself constantly getting in "trouble" for ?

School work. I was hopelessly bored all of my school years. I never had anyone inspire me to do much of anything in school. With no inspiration, I was never motivated to "perform" well for any one.

Not to be interpreted as I chose to be stupid. I was in fact pretty smart, but I never gave my teachers or my parents the satisfaction of knowing that. Why give them credit for a job they never did?

And, as the youngest child, I got blamed for so many things I had nothing to do with. I didn't even need to be in the same vacinity and I got blamed. Spent many years, sitting in my room, reading, playing with my barbies... just minding my own business.

Ugh.... now I've just unearthed a ton of great memories!

Old 03-13-2008, 04:05 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,348,947 times
Was there one thing when you were younger that you found yourself constantly getting in "trouble" for ?

Nope, I got in trouble for all kinds of things and I still am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics