Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 07:19 AM

7,327 posts, read 5,446,780 times

Advertisements

~ How was your day yesterday? Ok

~ Where would you like to go and use a glass-bottom boat? Jamaica

~ Do you have a container of some kind to put coins in? Yes, a large plastic container.

~ Did you ever watch the television show, "The Flying Nun"? Yes

~ We are having a pancake cooking contest this morning! You are ALL in it! Yes! ALL! Even you, John13! Every one of you...and me, too! Here is the question:

We have everything in the world that you could possibly make pancakes with...any kind of 'pancakes' at all!

What will you make your pancakes with? Chocolate chips

***Smart-asses: frying pan is NOT an answer; neither is skillet or griddle!
Hey, I can hear Judge Judy now!

"They don't keep me here 'cause I'm beautiful, they keep me here 'cause I'm SMART!"

~ What is Judge Judy's last name?:

~ Please name an elongated fish...'eel' does not count today: Northern Pike

~ Why do you answer the Fryday Fill-Ins? It's fun

~ Would you like to receive a FREE weather vane in the mail? A weather vane depicting anything you would like! What will you order from this amazing FREE weather vane offer? (If you have no use for one like John will say then remember you can give it away to someone! lions on it

~ The pizza delivery girl messed up and brought you the wrong pizza (someone else is already eating yours!)...she brought you an extra large cheese pizza with mushrooms, real garlics and spinach!
Will you accept this pizza and enjoy it anyway or tell her something else? What will you say to her? I would keep it and eat it if it was free.

~ If you had to write a story, what would it be about?

*** Thanks and sorry I overslept due to my prescribed Xanax! ***[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 07:23 AM

4,843 posts, read 3,614,250 times
[quote=rainroosty;49150175]~ How was your day yesterday? Meh

~ Where would you like to go and use a glass-bottom boat? no

~ Do you have a container of some kind to put coins in? my billfold

~ Did you ever watch the television show, "The Flying Nun"? yes

~ We are having a pancake cooking contest this morning! You are ALL in it! Yes! ALL! Even you, John13! Every one of you...and me, too! Here is the question:

We have everything in the world that you could possibly make pancakes with...any kind of 'pancakes' at all!

What will you make your pancakes with? Almond flour, eggs, cream cheese, baking powder, Stevia, cream.

"They don't keep me here 'cause I'm beautiful, they keep me here 'cause I'm SMART!"

~ What is Judge Judy's last name?: Steinlin or something like that

~ Please name an elongated fish...'eel' does not count today: Gar

~ Why do you answer the Fryday Fill-Ins? I am bored at work

~ Would you like to receive a FREE weather vane in the mail? A weather vane depicting anything you would like! What will you order from this amazing FREE weather vane offer? (If you have no use for one like John will say then remember you can give it away to someone! Rooster made of cast iron

~ The pizza delivery girl messed up and brought you the wrong pizza (someone else is already eating yours!)...she brought you an extra large cheese pizza with mushrooms, real garlics and spinach!
Will you accept this pizza and enjoy it anyway or tell her something else? What will you say to her? No

~ If you had to write a story, what would it be about? Living with a crazy megalomaniac.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:56 AM

44,285 posts, read 19,946,592 times
~ How was your day yesterday? Pretty good, considering it was a work day. But very long, as I had an evening meeting after work and didn't get home till almost 11 p.m.

~ Where would you like to go and use a glass-bottom boat? I wouldn't. I went on a glass-bottom boat ride in Jamaica in 1980. It was the only time in my life I ever got motion sick!

~ Do you have a container of some kind to put coins in? Yes. I save pennies for poker and keep them in a plastic Hershey's cocoa powder container. I also have some coins in a coin pocket in my wallet.

~ Did you ever watch the television show, "The Flying Nun"? Yes, and I've seen it fairly recently. A few months ago I was flipping channels on a weekend afternoon and ran across back-to-back episodes of The Flying Nun. It was kind of cute and brought back memories of a simpler time.

What will you make your pancakes with? I like to make pancakes using Bisquick, sour milk and eggs. They come out wonderfully fluffy and delicious. ***Smart-asses: frying pan is NOT an answer; neither is skillet or griddle! Hey, I can hear Judge Judy now! Haha.

~ What is Judge Judy's last name?: I don't know.

~ Please name an elongated fish...'eel' does not count today: Barracuda.

~ Why do you answer the Fryday Fill-Ins? Because it's fun!

~ Would you like to receive a FREE weather vane in the mail? A weather vane depicting anything you would like! What will you order from this amazing FREE weather vane offer? (If you have no use for one like John will say then remember you can give it away to someone! Sure! I'll take a FREE weather vane. Let's see.... what would it look like? I think I'll choose a flying pig!

Will you accept this pizza and enjoy it anyway or tell her something else? I'd accept it. What will you say to her? I'd tell her not to feel bad; everyone makes a mistake now and then. I'd also tell her that I never met a pizza I didn't like, so I'd be glad to keep it.

~ If you had to write a story, what would it be about? Fishing with my dad when I was a kid.

*** Thanks and sorry I overslept due to my prescribed Xanax! *** Moochas grassyass for the fun fill-ins, roosty! Happy Fryday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:23 AM

4,037 posts, read 2,895,740 times
~ How was your day yesterday? --- Not one of my better ones. Thanks for asking.

~ Where would you like to go and use a glass-bottom boat? --- Somewhere in the Caribbean.

~ Do you have a container of some kind to put coins in? --- I do, but I don't use it much.

~ Did you ever watch the television show, "The Flying Nun"? --- Yes. Many years ago.

We have everything in the world that you could possibly make pancakes with...any kind of 'pancakes' at all! What will you make your pancakes with? --- Flour, butter, baking powder, sugar, milk? -- not much of a pancake maker obviously.

~ What is Judge Judy's last name?: --- No idea.

~ Please name an elongated fish...'eel' does not count today: --- Pike

~ Why do you answer the Fryday Fill-Ins? --- Kicks my brain into gear to start the day; makes me laugh.

~ Would you like to receive a FREE weather vane in the mail? A weather vane depicting anything you would like! What will you order from this amazing FREE weather vane offer? (If you have no use for one like John will say then remember you can give it away to someone! --- I'd like one that has a California Quail on it please.

~ The pizza delivery girl messed up and brought you the wrong pizza (someone else is already eating yours!)...she brought you an extra large cheese pizza with mushrooms, real garlics and spinach! Will you accept this pizza and enjoy it anyway or tell her something else? What will you say to her?
--- I'd eat it anyway. I don't order pizza more than once every couple of years but past practice has been to open the box long after the delivery girl has left. So I'd probably just say thanks when she delivered it.

~ If you had to write a story, what would it be about? --- Murder in the Desert!

Thanks Roosty and happy day everyone!

Old 08-11-2017, 08:54 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,611,157 times
Mornin' all!

~ How was your day yesterday?
Not too bad. Did a little housework, then hubby & I saw the movie Detroit. I recommend it.

~ Where would you like to go and use a glass-bottom boat?
Hmm...I don't know. Probably some tropical location with lots of beautiful fish and other aquatic wildlife.

~ Do you have a container of some kind to put coins in?
I do.

~ Did you ever watch the television show, "The Flying Nun"?
I did! I remember having a crush on Carlos!

What will you make your pancakes with?
Egg nog, or pumpkin, or blueberries.
BTW, I know how to make hundreds of pancakes at a time, so I'll help make those pancakes.

***Smart-asses: frying pan is NOT an answer; neither is skillet or griddle! Hey, I can hear Judge Judy now!

Not sure I'll spell it correctly, but I think it's something like Scheindlin.

~ Please name an elongated fish...'eel' does not count today:
I once had a Black Ghost Knife in my aquarium. It is a fish, and it is elongated. Does that count?

~ Why do you answer the Fryday Fill-Ins?
Because they're fun.

~ Would you like to receive a FREE weather vane in the mail? A weather vane depicting anything you would like! What will you order from this amazing FREE weather vane offer? (If you have no use for one like John will say then remember you can give it away to someone!
Sure, I'll take one! I have a very small collection of roosters, so I'll take mine topped with a rooster.

~ The pizza delivery girl messed up and brought you the wrong pizza (someone else is already eating yours!)...she brought you an extra large cheese pizza with mushrooms, real garlics and spinach! Will you accept this pizza and enjoy it anyway or tell her something else? What will you say to her?
OMG! I would definitely accept and enjoy that pizza! I would say "Thanx for the happy accident!"

Probably some fairy tale-like story featuring birds as the main characters.

*** Thanks and sorry I overslept due to my prescribed Xanax! ***
I just got here, so I hadn't noticed you were late.
Thanx for the fun Fill-Ins rainroosty.
Have a good weekend everyone. Stay safe!

Old 08-11-2017, 08:59 AM

5,887 posts, read 3,757,001 times
It was fairly uneventful, slept most of the day but I've been sick with head cold and bronchitis

Florida Everglades

Yes it's actually a leather bag

I was still a little too young to remember any episodes but I do remember it

nothing fancy just regular mix and blueberries

LOL

I think it's Sheinlin or Sheindlin

whale

Well several reasons but mostly because it's fun! I used to answer every day without fail but here lately life is getting in the way

~ Would you like to receive a FREE weather vane in the mail? A weather vane depicting anything you would like! What will you order from this amazing FREE weather vane offer? (If you have no use for one like John will say then remember you can give it away to someone!
Hmm never had a weather vane would be kind of cool to have one with a puppy or kitten - or horse.

Will you accept this pizza and enjoy it anyway or tell her something else? What will you say to her?
Well since I accepted the pizza, gave her a tip and she's already gone before I find out it's the wrong pizza I would call the restaurant and tell them what happened - not to complain but to just let them know. I would definitely eat that pizza!

I have actually written a story, it's my autobiography but I'm struck by fear of rejection so I haven't submitted it for publication/editing yet. Guess I'll have to get good and drunk to submit somewhere!

*** Thanks and sorry I overslept due to my prescribed Xanax! ***[/quote]

Hey we all need a little help now and then! Thanks Roosty

Old 08-11-2017, 10:09 AM

24,320 posts, read 25,832,457 times
Not bad, still hot.

OZ

We do.

Off and on.

Blueberries and strawberries.

***Smart-asses: frying pan is NOT an answer; neither is skillet or griddle! Hey, I can hear Judge Judy now!

Sheindlin

Barracuda

Cuz Roosty does coolQ's.

Hmm, maybe a Apache Crown Dancer.

Will you accept this pizza and enjoy it anyway or tell her something else? What will you say to her?
Nope, sorry, I need my onion. bell pepper, jalapeño meat lovers pizza.

Thats OK Roosty. thanx for the Q's.

Old 08-11-2017, 10:44 AM

114,841 posts, read 65,575,772 times
Did some skeet shooting, fired a 45 revolver a few times and a couple 9MM's.

Aquarena Springs.

Not if I could help it.

What will you make your pancakes with? Flour, butter, water....

Shark

Because it's there.

I want one with a big cloud blowing air..

I wouldn't be ordering pizza. I'm sick of pizza because this bunch has had way too much pizza in recent years. We did pick up mexican food last night and had to return a second time after getting home and finding half our order missing.

I have no idea.

Thanks Roosty! Nice job!

Old 08-11-2017, 10:45 AM

3,036 posts, read 1,654,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ How was your day yesterday? Mellow and kicked back. Met up with friends for dinner.

~ Where would you like to go and use a glass-bottom boat? Don't think I would.

~ Do you have a container of some kind to put coins in? 3 - each have different purposes.

~ Did you ever watch the television show, "The Flying Nun"? Sometimes. I watched an episode a few months ago and, flying aside, it wasn't a bad show.

What will you make your pancakes with? I'm not one for having fruit dumped on my pancakes, but I do like good buttermilk pancakes with blueberries in the batter. I'd have that with real maple syrup and lots of butter.

~ What is Judge Judy's last name?: Schneidlin? Misspelled, I know.

~ Please name an elongated fish...'eel' does not count today: Do sardines count?

~ Why do you answer the Fryday Fill-Ins? Fun.

~ Would you like to receive a FREE weather vane in the mail? A weather vane depicting anything you would like! What will you order from this amazing FREE weather vane offer? (If you have no use for one like John will say then remember you can give it away to someone! Nah.

Will you accept this pizza and enjoy it anyway or tell her something else? What will you say to her? One of two things: I don't like mushrooms, and spinach on pizza does not sound good to me. I'd likely not accept it, or: I'd be too hungry to wait but there would have to be a BIG discount for the wrong pizza.

~ If you had to write a story, what would it be about? No clue.

TGIF! Thanks, Roost!

Old 08-11-2017, 10:53 AM

61,277 posts, read 86,169,461 times

Uneventful.

In San Marcos, Tx near me they run those glass boat tours to show phenomenal underwater perspective of Spring Lake (headwaters of the San Marcos River), hundreds of bubbling springs, archaeological site, historical landmarks, and more. Also close-up view of fish, turtles, prawns and species found ONLY in Spring Lake or the San Marcos River, such as the endangered Texas Blind Salamander.

Interesting, but I would love to go somewhere to see the beautiful, colorful living corals and marine life. I think Key West offer those.

Yeah, but I am pretty much cashless, so I am not adding much to it lately.

No.

What about crepe maker??

Who is Judge Judy? Should I know her?

Barracuda, Belt Fish.

Because they are fun

They are cool!! Please send it to my address!! I will have a special place for it.

Pizza with mushrooms, garlic and spinach sounds delicious!!! I am waiting for the door bell...

Some of my travels...

No biggie!! Happy you had extra sleep, roosty!!

Last edited by elnina; 08-11-2017 at 11:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics