Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 02:27 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times

Advertisements

Mornin' all! Good afternoon now

Today's theme is "idiosyncrasies."

Today's Question(s):
Would you please tell us briefly about something people say they are surprised to learn about you?
That I am college-educated.

Bonus Question(s):
Is there anything you absolutely must do, despite knowing nothing will go wrong if you don’t?
Answer Question of the Day or its equivalent.

Just For Fun:
What are three side dishes you can or do eat alone, as your whole meal?
1.) French fries, if seasoned
2.) Lettuce
3.) Tater tots

Today in History:
Arts/Entertainment: 1974 Ramones concert debut (NY's CBGBs)
Birthday: 1954 James Cameron, US Director
Science/Technology: 1988 IBM introduces software for artificial intelligence
Sports: 2015 Australian golfer Jason Day wins the PGA Championship with a score of 20 under par; American Jordan Spieth wins second place, resulting in a rank of #1 in the world, replacing Northern Irish golf champ Rory McIlroy

Today Is:
Rum Day
Tell A Joke Day
Wave At The Surveillance Cameras Day
Could go for any of those

Thanx so much for playing! Have a good day everyone! Back at you.

Last edited by jbgusa; 08-16-2017 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 02:43 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,116,328 times
Eating from the garden of divinity
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
Mornin' all!

Just another day. I’m actually glad for that. It means I’m still here! Hope things are going smoothly with you as well.

Oh now I want a strawberry-black raspberry smoothie!

YAYYY!

Today's Question(s):
Would you please tell us briefly about something people say they are surprised to learn about you?

Nobody knows much of anything about me.

Bonus Question(s):
Is there anything you absolutely must do, despite knowing nothing will go wrong if you don’t?

Yes. Bend my drink cans.

Just For Fun:
1.) Potatoes
2.) Fries
3.) Corn on the cob

Today in History:
Sports: 2015 Australian golfer Jason Day wins the PGA Championship with a score of 20 under par; American Jordan Spieth wins second place, resulting in a rank of #1 in the world, replacing Northern Irish golf champ Rory McIlroy

Today's Word:
idiosyncrasy
Pronunciation: (id-ee-uh-sing-kruh-see, -sin-])
Etymology: From Greek idiosunkrasia, from idios ‘own, private’ + sun ‘with’ + krasis ‘mixture.’ Originally in English a medical term meaning "physical constitution of an individual;" mental sense "peculiar mixture" of the elements in one person that makes up his character and personality
Meaning: noun:
1. a characteristic, habit, mannerism, or the like, that is peculiar to an individual. 2. the physical constitution peculiar to an individual.
3. a peculiarity of the physical or the mental constitution, especially susceptibility toward drugs, food, etc.
Earliest Documented Use: First attested 1660s.

Today Is:
Airborne Day
Ecological Debt Day
Rollercoaster Day
Rum Day
Tell A Joke Day
World Bratwurst Day

Quote of the Day:
"Curiosity is the most powerful thing you own.” ~ James Cameron ~

Thanx so much for playing! Have a good day everyone!
Thanks, Pat...and your wonderful cats, too!

Old 08-16-2017, 04:16 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Hi there...

Today's Question(s):
Would you please tell us briefly about something people say they are surprised to learn about you? I took belly dancing classes a few years ago--great way to exercise!

Bonus Question(s):
Is there anything you absolutely must do, despite knowing nothing will go wrong if you don’t? I find it necessary to get to work at least 30 minutes before my start time.

Just For Fun:
1.) roasted brussel sprouts
2.) mac and cheese
3.) steamed zucchini with mozzarella and tomato sauce

Today Is:
Airborne Day
Ecological Debt Day
Rollercoaster Day
Rum Day
Tell A Joke Day
World Bratwurst Day

Quote of the Day:

Have a lovely evening...

Old 08-16-2017, 06:22 PM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,200 times
Evening all!

Today's Question(s):
People who know me well are often surprised to hear me say I am an introvert. But upon thinking about it, they say, "Yeah, I remember you being very quiet when we first met." LOL

Bonus Question(s):
When watching TV or listening to the radio, I absolutely must wait until the speaker reaches the end of a sentence before turning it off.

Just For Fun:
1.) Maccaroni & cheese.
2.) Salad.
3.) A baked potato.

Today in History:

Today's Word:
idiosyncrasy
Pronunciation: (id-ee-uh-sing-kruh-see, -sin-])
Etymology: From Greek idiosunkrasia, from idios ‘own, private’ + sun ‘with’ + krasis ‘mixture.’ Originally in English a medical term meaning "physical constitution of an individual;" mental sense "peculiar mixture" of the elements in one person that makes up his character and personality
Meaning: noun:
1. a characteristic, habit, mannerism, or the like, that is peculiar to an individual.
2. the physical constitution peculiar to an individual.
3. a peculiarity of the physical or the mental constitution, especially susceptibility toward drugs, food, etc.
Earliest Documented Use: First attested 1660s.

Today Is:
Airborne Day
Ecological Debt Day
Rollercoaster Day
Rum Day
Tell A Joke Day
World Bratwurst Day

Quote of the Day:

Thanx again everyone! Enjoy the rest of your day, whether it's wrapping up or just starting!

Old 08-16-2017, 11:11 PM

72,407 posts, read 18,196,480 times
Today's Question(s):
Would you please tell us briefly about something people say they are surprised to learn about you? I am so casual and they never thought I am ambitious.

Bonus Question(s):
Is there anything you absolutely must do, despite knowing nothing will go wrong if you don’t? I have to double check the coffee maker if it's turned off.

Just For Fun:
1.) Baked potato
2.) Fruit
3.) Veggie soup

Old 08-17-2017, 08:16 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times

Today's Question(s):
Here or anywhere when I encounter people who are not from the south it's often said they are
surprised I'm a native southerner. I don't look, act or talk they way the expect. I'm (choose
one) smarter, better spoken, more well-read, with a much fainter accent than they expected, they
say. Frankly it's a left handed compliment. Maybe they expect a southerner to be a
cartoonish movie or TV character, and there are way too many of those created by producers
who've never set foot int he south and just want to perpetuate a stereotype they think is okay. It's not.

Bonus Question(s):
This sounds like an OCD question.

Just For Fun:
1.) Mac and cheese
2.) Nachos
3.) Fried rice

Thanks, Pat. Sorry for the late reply. I was too wiped to answer when I posted the Thursday thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics