Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 11:00 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,094 posts, read 30,387,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Today's Random Questions:
Do you prefer a home, apartment or house, with an open floor plan or a more compartmentalized one? As far as house or home, a home is a house with people you love living there. Guess I'm used to the compartmentalized one. This house was built in 1911. Wasn't much "open floor plan" back then. lol
What about apartments? A home can be anyplace, even a shed out by the two-seater. The wording of the question can mean apartment dwellers too, who might otherwise think it's a question only for those in houses. Just trying to include as meaning people as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
What beverage would you like on hand while answering these questions? A Bloody Mary.
I'd like a rum and Coke Zero. Thanks, Pam.
Interesting take on McConaughey. I thought he was supposed to be a heartthrob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 11:17 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,848 times
What beverage would you like on hand while answering these questions? Hot cider sounds good right now.

What type music, or TV show/channel or background activities are going on around you right now? It's very quiet here.

Do you prefer a home, apartment or house, with an open floor plan or a more compartmentalized one? Prefer something more compartmentalized, I think.

Finish the thought, "I never get tired of: First thought was little kids' belly laughs.

What do you think of the Matthew McConaughey commercials for Lincoln? I don't think about them at all......

Definition below. Have you noticed the expression "in someone's wheelhouse" has become popular? Have heard, though more often, "It's not in his wheelhouse."

Foodie Qs:
Let's eat like squirrels.
Pumpkin seeds. Sunflowers seeds.
Nuts. Craisins or Raisins, etc.
what are your favorite snacky seeds, nuts or dried fruits? cashews, sunflower seeds.

Just for fun:
Even if you're already in a relationship or just not interested in a new one:
-What is the maximum number of years OLDER than you that you'd likely find acceptable in a
romantic partner? Five, maybe.
-Okay, now what is the maximum number of years YOUNGER than you that you'd find acceptable? Ten

Today Includes:

Irish Coffee Day
Locate An Old Friend Day

Today's Anonymous Quote:
"I walk around like everything is okay, but deep down,
I mean deep, deep down, my sock is sliding off into my shoe."

Today’s Word and Phrase:
wheelhouse [weel-hous] noun
Originally, the pilothouse superstructure on a boat

Which led to "in one’s wheelhouse" meaning within one’s area of expertise or interest
-ex. Math is in the wheelhouse of any physicist.

Or "in the same wheelhouse" meaning very similar or in the same category
-ex. Fixing gasoline engines or diesel engines is in the same wheelhouse.

Have a happy Saturday! Thanks, bjh!

Old 09-15-2017, 11:25 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,003,579 times
I hope we are all light of heart and feeling good. Let's chill and have fun with . . .

What beverage would you like on hand while answering these questions?
I could go for a glass of grape juice

What type music, or TV show/channel or background activities are going on around you right now?
Only my ears ringing

Do you prefer a home, apartment or house, with an open floor plan or a more compartmentalized one?
A house with lots of rooms and maybe a secret passage or two. Also want a sun porch to sit on during the winter.

Finish the thought, "I never get tired of:
Stinky cheese

What do you think of the Matthew McConaughey commercials for Lincoln?
I try not to think about them.

Definition below. Have you noticed the expression "in someone's wheelhouse" has become popular?
Um, as you might have noticed it appears I failed to notice that I needed to copy and paste the word of the day so that I would be able to answer this question. Therefore there is a very good chance that I also might not have noticed the expression becoming popular.

Foodie Qs:
Fat chance of that happening. Unless of course you are talking about a really huge squirrel.

Pumpkin seeds. Sunflowers seeds. Nuts. Craisins or Raisins, etc.
what are your favorite snacky seeds, nuts or dried fruits?
Raisins for me. While you are at it please put those raisins in some bread. Maybe spread some butter on the bread. Feel free to pop the bread in the toaster.

Just for fun:
-What is the maximum number of years OLDER than you that you'd likely find acceptable in a romantic partner?
-Okay, now what is the maximum number of years YOUNGER than you that you'd find acceptable?
More important than age difference is whether or not she is financially stable enough to keep me in stinky cheese and cheap beer.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:30 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,693,489 times
I hope we are all light of heart and feeling good. Let's chill and have fun with . . .

What beverage would you like on hand while answering these questions? A glass of lemonade would do.

What type music, or TV show/channel or background activities are going on around you right now? No music or tv on since it is 2:23 a.m., and I need to try and fall back to sleep after answering these questions.

Do you prefer a home, apartment or house, with an open floor plan or a more compartmentalized one? Compartmentalized.

Finish the thought, "I never get tired of: Watching a good movie.

What do you think of the Matthew McConaughey commercials for Lincoln? No real opinion.

Definition below. Have you noticed the expression "in someone's wheelhouse" has become popular? No.

Foodie Qs:
Pumpkin seeds. Sunflowers seeds. Nuts. [/b]Craisins or Raisins, etc.
what are your favorite snacky seeds, nuts or dried fruits? Cashews and pistachios.

Just for fun:
-What is the maximum number of years OLDER than you that you'd likely find acceptable in a romantic partner? It depends....5-10 years.
-Okay, now what is the maximum number of years YOUNGER than you that you'd find acceptable? 5 years.

Today Includes:
Irish Coffee Day
Locate An Old Friend Day

Today's Anonymous Quote:

Today’s Word and Phrase:

Which led to "in one’s wheelhouse" meaning within one’s area of expertise or interest

Have a happy Saturday! [/quote]

Old 09-16-2017, 04:38 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times
Good Morning

What beverage would you like on hand while answering these questions? My morning coffee

What type music, or TV show/channel or background activities are going on around you right now? I hear birds chirping

Do you prefer a home, apartment or house, with an open floor plan or a more compartmentalized one? I think a bit of a mix of the two would be nice.

Finish the thought, "I never get tired of: discovering new things/information

What do you think of the Matthew McConaughey commercials for Lincoln? Never have seen it--I rarely, rarely watch regular television. If I saw it, I doubt I would like it. I am not a fan of Matthew McConaughey--he is a bit too full of himself. I used to like him, his head has swelled too much over the years.

Definition below. Have you noticed the expression "in someone's wheelhouse" has become popular? Never heard the expression

Foodie Qs:
what are your favorite snacky seeds, nuts or dried fruits? Cashews, pistachios

Just for fun:
-What is the maximum number of years OLDER than you that you'd likely find acceptable in a romantic partner?

-Okay, now what is the maximum number of years YOUNGER than you that you'd find acceptable?
My husband and I are the same age. I think just being a couple of years difference is easier, or the same age.

Today Includes:
Irish Coffee Day
Locate An Old Friend Day

Wishing you a super duper Saturday

Old 09-16-2017, 05:17 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
[quote=bjh;49532729]I hope we are all light of heart and feeling good. Let's chill and have fun with . . .
What beverage would you like on hand while answering these questions? None, just finished two coffees (called a galão).

What type music, or TV show/channel or background activities are going on around you right now? I can hear someone in another apartment cleaning.

Do you prefer a home, apartment or house, with an open floor plan or a more compartmentalized one? Open plan presents heating/cooling problems, and I prefer rooms.

Finish the thought, "I never get tired of: reading, music or interesting conversation.

What do you think of the Matthew McConaughey commercials for Lincoln? Never have seen one.

Definition below. Have you noticed the expression "in someone's wheelhouse" has become popular?

No

Foodie Qs:
what are your favorite snacky seeds, nuts or dried fruits? Bar of white chocolate, what do squirrels know anyhow?!

Just for fun:
-What is the maximum number of years OLDER than you that you'd likely find acceptable in a
romantic partner? None, necrophilia is not my idea of romance.
-Okay, now what is the maximum number of years YOUNGER than you that you'd find acceptable? Please no, I have a headache.

Today Includes:

Irish Coffee Day a couple of Irish coffees and anybody is an old friend.
Locate An Old Friend Day

Today's Anonymous Quote:

Reminds me of the first time I French kissed someone with dentures. Trouble in paradise.

Today’s Word and Phrase:

Have a happy Saturday!

Thus far, nearing noon, it is right on course...heading now for a duck rice lunch. A nice Saturday to all.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:41 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,794,345 times

My hot tea, which I already have nearby

What type music, or TV show/channel or background activities are going on around you right now?
local news/weather on tv

Do you prefer a home, apartment or house, with an open floor plan or a more compartmentalized one?
I live in a mobile home that has an open floor plan, 3 bed, 2 bath but it's still pretty small even so. I would prefer a larger house with a semi-open floor plan

Finish the thought, "I never get tired of: manicotti

What do you think of the Matthew McConaughey commercials for Lincoln?
pretty bizarre if you ask me but whatever, it's Matthew McConaughey

No never heard that before

Foodie Qs:
I like all seeds and nuts, dried fruits - any kind of trail mix is good with me

Just for fun:
romantic partner?
I don't want to be a caregiver so only about 5 years
maximum of ten, don't want to have to raise someone either
With that said, I am not in a relationship, by choice, for more than 10 years now.
I used to say that the only way I would get involved with another man was if he was actually Jesus.

Today Includes:

Irish Coffee Day
Locate An Old Friend Day

Today's Anonymous Quote:

Today’s Word and Phrase:

Have a happy Saturday!

Thanks bjh!

Old 09-16-2017, 06:10 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,215,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

What beverage would you like on hand while answering these questions? Coffee

What type music, or TV show/channel or background activities are going on around you right now? News

Finish the thought, "I never get tired of: Walking my dogs.

Definition below. Have you noticed the expression "in someone's wheelhouse" has become popular? Never heard it.

Foodie Qs:
[b] Nuts. Craisins or Raisins, etc.

Today's Anonymous Quote:
I mean deep, deep down, my sock is sliding off into my shoe.":t

Have a happy Saturday!
Thanks bjh.....Hope those suffering are doing at least a little better. longneckone

Old 09-16-2017, 07:16 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,052,616 times
What type music, or TV show/channel or background activities are going on around you right now? None

Do you prefer a home, apartment or house, with an open floor plan or a more compartmentalized one? Open

Finish the thought, "I never get tired of: ice cream

What do you think of the Matthew McConaughey commercials for Lincoln? I like the car

Foodie Qs:
what are your favorite snacky seeds, nuts or dried fruits? cashews

Just for fun:
-What is the maximum number of years OLDER than you that you'd likely find acceptable in a romantic partner? 10

-Okay, now what is the maximum number of years YOUNGER than you that you'd find acceptable? 5

Have a happy Saturday! Thanks for posting and have a great weekend!!

Old 09-16-2017, 07:33 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times

I don't usually drink and QOTD. Water.

None. I don't even hear the birds outside.

Compartmentalized. I really don't need to see what anyone is doing.

Finish the thought, "I never get tired of: ice cream

What do you think of the Matthew McConaughey commercials for Lincoln? Never gave it any thought. No opinion.

Haven't noticed.

Foodie Qs:

The squirrels I know like peanuts and red grapes. I'll go with peanuts or cashews but not dry roasted.

Just for fun:

Not interested at playing nursemaid. Think the older you get, the age acceptable gap gets smaller. You know, when you are 25, 35 - 40 might be okay with you but when you are 60, do you really want some 70 - 75 year old? Two years.

Two years. We're talking romance/love not sex, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics