Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 06:55 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times

Advertisements

And I just now remembered a 'saying' that a Professor at Washington University in St. Louis had posted on his door: 'When you complain, have a solution, or then you are part of the problem'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 07:30 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
And I just now remembered a 'saying' that a Professor at Washington University in St. Louis had posted on his door: 'When you complain, have a solution, or then you are part of the problem'.
You know how people are always finding things that others should do. I once had a very good director who died unfortunately. If anyone went to her with something that they thought needed to be done, guess who got to do it. Yes. So if you think something needs to be done, maybe God has selected you to do it.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:39 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,570,117 times
Today while gathering many books for sale on ebay, I came across one that I had completely forgotten about. It is titled 'Little Things' edited by Louise Bachelder and illustrated by Pat Stewart. This charming little delight is only 62 pages in length. Page after page of sayings, little poems, and those 'words of wisdom' that Karla asked about here. Too bad I didn't find it sooner. Well, maybe so, as I may have gotten carried away and put too many of them on here.

Here is just a sampling:

Little drops of water, little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean and the pleasant land.
So the little moments, humble though they be.
Make the mighty ages of Eternity.

Little deeds of kindness, little words of love,
Help to make earth happy, like the heaven above.

Julia A. Fletcher Carney

Also another short one:

Be pleasant until 10 o'clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself.

Elbert Hubbard

I have been reading this little treasure instead of putting things on ebay for sale. Guess I should quit for awhile.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:46 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Just can't leave this day! College instructor for a real estate law class drilled us with this little statement. He was a lawyer and I think this is one of the first things all law students learn. "Ain't what you know or don't know; it's what you think you know and don't that makes the difference." It is so true.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:14 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,527,800 times
Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue...
and this was my mom's favorite: No good deed goes unpunished!

song: In the Living Years, Mike and the Mechanics
book: Love you forever, Robert Munsch

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 03-19-2008 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: add/correct
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics