Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 09:21 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times

Advertisements

Howdy, everybody! We're three weeks into November already. Where the heck does the time go? Since time's a-wastin', we'd better get down to business and scroll on down for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Have you ever cooked a whole turkey?

If so, did you cook it with stuffing inside?

Have you ever eaten turkey that was deep-fried in oil?

What foods would you like to have at an indulgent feast?

What's your favorite kind of pie?

Choose a beverage to have with your turkey feast (or vegetarian feast if that's more to your liking).

What would you like in your leftover turkey sandwich?

BONUS QUESTIONS. YAY!

Did you make your bed this morning?

On top of your bed do you have:
  • a comforter?
  • a quilt?
  • a bedspread?
  • other?
Does your bed have a headboard? If so, is it wooden, metal or of some other material?

Do you use a nightlight anywhere in your home?

How many pieces of furniture are in your bedroom, and what are they?

Do you store anything underneath your bed?

Do you ever wear socks to bed?

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever sustained a broken bone?

Have you ever sustained an injury that required sutures?

Four years ago today, I had the first of two extensive foot surgeries. I couldn't hack using crutches at all and used a knee walker (sort of like a scooter) instead. Have you ever used crutches and, if so, did you get the hang of it or did you eventually give up on it?

If you were to sustain a minor burn at home, how would you treat it?

Have you ever slipped and fallen on ice?

Have you ever worn long johns?

When was the last time you wore a bathing suit/trunks?

Th-th-th-that's all, folks! Be kind to everyone you meet, and have a totally terrific Tuesday.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-20-2017, 09:34 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
Howdy, everybody! We're three weeks into November already. Where the heck does the time go? Since time's a-wastin', we'd better get down to business and scroll on down for

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Have you ever cooked a whole turkey? Yes, I find it easier to do a "whole" on then just pieces.

If so, did you cook it with stuffing inside? Yes inside. That one year I tried to cook it on the outside the turkey turned into a mess..............

Have you ever eaten turkey that was deep-fried in oil? Funny, I was thinking about that earlier today when Dad cooked on in oil; it turned out great.

What's your favorite kind of pie? Peach or cherry are great!

Choose a beverage to have with your turkey feast (or vegetarian feast if that's more to your liking). I always like a red or white wine, however a nice white is best for me.

What would you like in your leftover turkey sandwich? turkey, lettuce, bacon and a little mayo......

BONUS QUESTIONS. YAY!

Did you make your bed this morning? Not a chance - it'll be used again tonight so why make it?

• a comforter?
  • a quilt?
  • a bedspread?
  • other? extra blanket at the foot of the bed.
Does your bed have a headboard? If so, is it wooden, metal or of some other material? Yes a nice wooden one.

Do you use a nightlight anywhere in your home? No,,, I'm old enough to not worry about monsters in the dark.

How many pieces of furniture are in your bedroom, and what are they? 7 ~ The bed, dresser, two nite-stands, chest and two book cases.

Do you store anything underneath your bed? Just dust bunnies

Do you ever wear socks to bed? LOL I did during the cold winter months while in the service.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever sustained a broken bone? No, but I've got two broken knuckles one on each hand......

Have you ever sustained an injury that required sutures? Yes,,, when I was working after school at the grocery store I cut my thumb with a box-cutter.

Four years ago today, I had the first of two extensive foot surgeries. I couldn't hack using crutches at all and used a knee walker (sort of like a scooter) instead. Have you ever used crutches and, if so, did you get the hang of it or did you eventually give up on it? No.

If you were to sustain a minor burn at home, how would you treat it? Cold water & ice first.

Have you ever slipped and fallen on ice? LOL all the time before I moved away from the cold winters of Nebr

Have you ever worn long johns? Not that I recall

When was the last time you wore a bathing suit/trunks? That would have been 20 years +/- when we were in Hawaii on an anniversary.

Th-th-th-that's all, folks! Be kind to everyone you meet, and have a totally terrific Tuesday.

Thanks for the questions of the day.
One of my Arizona sunrises from past years.

Last edited by AksarbeN; 11-20-2017 at 09:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 09:36 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
Have you ever cooked a whole turkey? I've helped

If so, did you cook it with stuffing inside? Always!

Have you ever eaten turkey that was deep-fried in oil? Yup! LOVE IT!!

What foods would you like to have at an indulgent feast? Ribs, potato salad, and all the "fixins"

What's your favorite kind of pie? Chocolate or pecan

Choose a beverage to have with your turkey feast (or vegetarian feast if that's more to your liking). Iced tea

What would you like in your leftover turkey sandwich? Mayonnaise

BONUS QUESTIONS. YAY!

Did you make your bed this morning? Never do make it

a comforter?
a quilt?
a bedspread? Yuup
other?
Does your bed have a headboard? If so, is it wooden, metal or of some other material? Metal

Do you use a nightlight anywhere in your home? The nightlight in our bedroom is the TV that's on all night

How many pieces of furniture are in your bedroom, and what are they? Bed, 2 night stands, dresser, and a couple chairs

Do you store anything underneath your bed? Yup. A bag with 2 years of Playboy magazine (great articles!)

Do you ever wear socks to bed? Nope

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever sustained a broken bone? Nope

Have you ever sustained an injury that required sutures? Yup. 9 stitches in my forehead from a car wreck

Four years ago today, I had the first of two extensive foot surgeries. I couldn't hack using crutches at all and used a knee walker (sort of like a scooter) instead. Have you ever used crutches and, if so, did you get the hang of it or did you eventually give up on it? With my knee replacement surgery I was lucky to skip crutches. Went from walker to cane

If you were to sustain a minor burn at home, how would you treat it? Ice then first aid cream

Have you ever slipped and fallen on ice? Yup. Didn't hurt to bad but the ice was really cracked up about it. lol

Have you ever worn long johns? Nope

When was the last time you wore a bathing suit/trunks? About a month ago

Old 11-20-2017, 09:58 PM

61,704 posts, read 87,101,195 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Nope. Not going to, either

N/A

Prime rib, beef tenderloin, lamb, seabass...

Don't care about pies, but I do like some cakes filled with fruit

Choose a beverage to have with your turkey feast (or vegetarian feast if that's more to your liking).

Wine paired with the meat.

N/A

BONUS QUESTIONS. YAY!

I have natural latex mattress, so making bed by covering it right after I get up is not advised.

• a comforter?
  • a quilt?
  • a bedspread?
  • other?

I have feather bed in a duvet, and a wool blanket on the top of it. Winter is coming
Does your bed have a headboard? If so, is it wooden, metal or of some other material?

It's hard to describe. I have almost the same bedroom combination - headboard/wall unit combo.
http://dovava.com/g/b/cr/cream-color...r-1150x868.jpg

No. I don't get up at night.

Bed/wall unit combo, over the corner extended to wall unit wardrobe (it's European kind of bedroom), dresser, and a comfy chair with a lamp.

No.

Sometimes in winter.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

No. Never been in a hospital (as a patient

No.

Four years ago today, I had the first of two extensive foot surgeries. I couldn't hack using crutches at all and used a knee walker (sort of like a scooter) instead. Have you ever used crutches and, if so, did you get the hang of it or did you eventually give up on it?
Sorry to hear that. I heard the knee walker gives pretty cool mobility option.

Just by touching hot oven or iron. Depends, if there was a blister, I put on antibacterial ointment and a bandaid.

Numerous times. Once when I was pregnant

Are you kidding me? Not even when it was 0F!!

At the beach, last Summer.

Thank you, Pammy!!!

Last edited by elnina; 11-21-2017 at 02:39 PM..

Old 11-20-2017, 10:24 PM

38,886 posts, read 22,870,508 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Have you ever cooked a whole turkey? No.

Have you ever eaten turkey that was deep-fried in oil? I had only a small sample. It was delicious!

What foods would you like to have at an indulgent feast? Prime rib roast, garlic mashed potatoes or rice pilaf, cream-style corn and a big assortment of desserts.

What's your favorite kind of pie? Chocolate silk.

Choose a beverage to have with your turkey feast (or vegetarian feast if that's more to your liking). Ice water with a slice of lemon or iced tea.

What would you like in your leftover turkey sandwich? A little dressing and cranberry sauce.

BONUS QUESTIONS. YAY!

Did you make your bed this morning? Yes. I make my bed every morning.

• a comforter?
  • a quilt?
  • a bedspread?
  • other? Down-filled duvet
Does your bed have a headboard? Yes. If so, is it wooden, metal or of some other material? Wooden.

Do you use a nightlight anywhere in your home? Yes, in the kitchen and bathroom.

How many pieces of furniture are in your bedroom, and what are they? 8. Bed, night stand, dresser drawer, 2 storage hutches, bookcase, desk and chair.

Do you store anything underneath your bed? A couple pairs of shoes.

Do you ever wear socks to bed? Only when it's really cold, which hardly happens here.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever sustained a broken bone? No, thank goodness.

Have you ever sustained an injury that required sutures? No.

Four years ago today, I had the first of two extensive foot surgeries. I couldn't hack using crutches at all and used a knee walker (sort of like a scooter) instead. Have you ever used crutches and, if so, did you get the hang of it or did you eventually give up on it? Yes, when I twisted my knee in high school, I went to the doctor and they had me use crutches while my knee recovered. At first, they were awkward to use, but I got used to them.

If you were to sustain a minor burn at home, how would you treat it? Something cold, like an ice pack and some ointment like Neosporin.

Have you ever slipped and fallen on ice? I almost did when I lived in Northern California in January that year and the early morning temps were in the 20s. I was on my way to my car to drive to work and didn't see a patch of ice on the sidewalk. I almost lost my footing but I was able to recover before I actually fell down.

Have you ever worn long johns? No.

When was the last time you wore a bathing suit/trunks? When I visited my friends in Texas back in May of 2001. They were living in an apartment complex with a pool back then, so we went swimming when I was there.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Old 11-21-2017, 12:32 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times
Good Morning

What foods would you like to have at an indulgent feast? roasted brussel sprouts

What's your favorite kind of pie? Not really a pie girl

Choose a beverage to have with your turkey feast (or vegetarian feast if that's more to your liking). water--however I really don't drink anything with a meal

What would you like in your leftover turkey sandwich? Make a little turkey salad--chopped turkey, add some celery, a little bit of onion and bind it together with mayonnaise.

BONUS QUESTIONS. YAY!

Did you make your bed this morning? of course

• a comforter?
  • a quilt?
  • a bedspread?
  • other?
Does your bed have a headboard? If so, is it wooden, metal or of some other material? wooden head board

How many pieces of furniture are in your bedroom, and what are they? bed, two nightstands, dresser, chest of drawers, lingerie chest

Do you store anything underneath your bed? shoes

Do you ever wear socks to bed? sometimes in the Winter--I kick them off at some point

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever sustained a broken bone? yes

Four years ago today, I had the first of two extensive foot surgeries. I couldn't hack using crutches at all and used a knee walker (sort of like a scooter) instead. Have you ever used crutches and, if so, did you get the hang of it or did you eventually give up on it? I have used crutches for a very sprained ankle--thought I was going to injure myself more.

If you were to sustain a minor burn at home, how would you treat it? run it under cold water for 5-10 minutes

When was the last time you wore a bathing suit/trunks? probably over 20 years ago

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Old 11-21-2017, 01:25 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,003,579 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

I have not. Being a mutt I don't like to wait to eat. Cooking a turkey takes too long.

I get to skip this question.

I have. it was most excellent.

Start with a shrimp cocktail. Then a couple pounds of jumbo Alaskan king crab with melted butter to dip in. On the side a baked spud with lots of butter and green onions. Maybe some green peas with onions and mushrooms. Toss in another pound of king crab. A tossed green salad. Warm dinner rolls with lots of butter. Better toss in a couple more crab legs. For desert some homemade wild blueberry pie and a scoop of ice cream. I really could use another crab leg. To wash it all down I will take a large mug of cheap beer.

Just about any pie using berries.

Being a redneck mutt, no wine for me. I will have a cheap beer or two. Better have a twelve pack on hand. Also...I ain't in Canada so the beer better be real cold.

Hit the bread with some butter. Pile on some dark turkey. Top it with turkey stuffing. Will also have a couple slices of stinky cheese on the side. Aw what the hell, put the stinky cheese on top of the stuffing.

BONUS QUESTIONS. YAY!

One of the great things about not being in a relationship is not having to make the damn bed every morning.

a comforter?
a quilt?
a bedspread?
other?
I have sheets, one pillow and a blanket. That's all. Nothing else. No stuffed animals. That's it.

No headboard.

Does the light that comes on when I open the fridge door to grab another cheap beer count?

Bed, nightstand, recliner and a TV. Trust me, my bedroom will never be featured in any furniture store bedroom layout.

Me on Friday the 13th's

Only when I forget to take them off.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever sustained a broken bone? .
Broke my left foot tripping over the couch. Was not even drinking a cheap beer at the time. Also broke my left arm. Was getting out of my truck to go have a really greasy burger and fries when I slipped on the ice. Even though I actually heard the bone break I still tried to go inside for the burger. Had to give up when I could not raise my arm to open the door to go in the restaurant.

Have had them in my head and right hand. Should have had them in my right foot.

When I broke my foot I was too stubborn to use crutches. A few years ago I injured both legs pretty bad and had to use a walker for about 6 weeks.

Being the mutt I am I would probably lick it for a while and call it good.

Many, many times. Having spent 41 winters in Alaska and another 7 winters in Montana I have been provided with lots of opportunities to gracefully, or not so gracefully, go splat on the ice.

Many times when growing up.

The summer of 1967. Was in Oklahoma City. It was either go swimming or sit in the heat and listen to "Ode To Billie Joe" play on the radio every 5 minutes. Even though I did not like to swim, it was less painful than listening to Ode To Billie Joe over and over.

FYI...A single dot in Morse code is the letter "E". For you guys out there, this little tidbit of information is probably not the best thing to use as your only "pick-up line" at the nightclub.

Old 11-21-2017, 02:18 AM

21,541 posts, read 8,724,324 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Yes, a couple of times. Usually I just do a breast because there are only the two of us. But one year I won a whole turkey at work in a holiday raffle, so that was the Thanksgiving meal.
I don't remember because that was way back in the 1980s. Usually I like to bake the dressing separately, though.
No. I keep hearing how wonderful it is, though, and would like to try it.
Roast tenderloin of beef, asparagus with Hollandaise sauce, scalloped potatoes, Cabernet, homemade apple pie with coffee, a glass of Port.
Apple, but I also like pumpkin, custard, mince and lemon meringue.
Pinot Noir, Riesling or Beaujolais.
The works! Turkey, cranberry sauce and dressing with a dash of salt and freshly-ground pepper on buttered bread with mayonnaise and of hot-sweet mustard.

BONUS QUESTIONS. YAY!

Yes, and I also laundered the sheets and pillowcases.

• a comforter? <---- a duvet
  • a quilt?
  • a bedspread?
  • other?
Does your bed have a headboard?
Yes
If so, is it wooden, metal or of some other material?

Wood
Yes, there are nightlights in the hallway, in the bedroom and in the bathroom.
One bed with headboard, dresser, two nightstands, one chair, two wall-mounted lamps. I guess that's seven depending on whether the headboard counts as a separate piece of furniture and whether swing arm lamps are "furniture."
Yes, the extra leaves for the dining room table. I also stash gifts under there during the holidays.
Yes, I sometimes do even though we've got an electric mattress warmer. I wore socks last night because the overnight temps went down to the 40s.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Yes, I broke my wrist in 2013.
No, I guess I've been lucky. I've had sutures after outpatient hand surgery, though
No, I've never used crutches. I've seen people using those knee walkers at my gym, though. I think it's a great idea.
I would run cold water over it for at least 60 seconds to stop the burn damage. If it still hurts, I would keep it in water for a few minutes longer. Then I would use burn spray if necessary for for any discomfort and keep the area covered and/or protected while it heals.
Only at an ice skating rink.
Yes, I have a pair of silk long johns - bottoms and a long sleeved top - that I've used for ski trips and sometimes wear under clothing in winter for extra warmth.
I think it must have been sometime in August or September.

Thank you, PJ!

Old 11-21-2017, 02:20 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

No, N/A, no, N/A

What's your favorite kind of pie? - Cherry

N/A as there will be no feast but I always drink water.

What would you like in your leftover turkey sandwich? - N/A

BONUS QUESTIONS. YAY!

- I just did, either going back to sleep or for tomorrow. The latter is looking more likely. I always make my bed.

a comforter?
- This
a quilt?
a bedspread?
other?
- No headboard

Do you use a nightlight anywhere in your home? - Nope

How many pieces of furniture are in your bedroom, and what are they? - N/A. I live in a studio apartment.

Do you store anything underneath your bed? - My shoes

Do you ever wear socks to bed? - Yes

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

- No, but I had sprained one of my ankles 5 times as an adult, four of them were between 1998-2002, the other was in 2015.

Have you ever sustained an injury that required sutures? - No

Four years ago today, I had the first of two extensive foot surgeries. I couldn't hack using crutches at all and used a knee walker (sort of like a scooter) instead. Have you ever used crutches and, if so, did you get the hang of it or did you eventually give up on it? - Once during one my sprained ankles.

If you were to sustain a minor burn at home, how would you treat it? - Ice if I have it or just something cold.

Have you ever slipped and fallen on ice? - Yes

Have you ever worn long johns? - Not in decades

When was the last time you wore a bathing suit/trunks? - 10+ years

Thanks, and thank you for posting the Tuesday Questions!

Last edited by John13; 11-21-2017 at 02:45 AM..

Old 11-21-2017, 03:34 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,592,650 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS!

Have you ever cooked a whole turkey? yes

If so, did you cook it with stuffing inside? no - just veggies inside and then stuffing on the side (dressing but we call it stuffing)

Have you ever eaten turkey that was deep-fried in oil? yes - the best turkey ever. I don’t like turkey but fried is good!

What foods would you like to have at an indulgent feast? multiple savory and sweet starches

What's your favorite kind of pie? strawberry-rhubarb - but it’s hard to choose just one

Choose a beverage to have with your turkey feast (or vegetarian feast if that's more to your liking). water please

What would you like in your leftover turkey sandwich? ill just have some stuffing and cranberry sauce - no turkey or sandwich

BONUS QUESTIONS. YAY! YAY!

Did you make your bed this morning? im still in it - no

• a comforter? yes
  • a quilt? no
  • a bedspread? no
  • other? a second comforter
Does your bed have a headboard? yes If so, is it wooden, metal or of some other material? cherry wood

Do you use a nightlight anywhere in your home? not currently - just the moon if need be

How many pieces of furniture are in your bedroom, and what are they? 6 - bed, 2 sidetables, tall dresser, 2 long dressers

Do you store anything underneath your bed? suitcases

Do you ever wear socks to bed? no but I’ve had fuzzy socks on getting into bed at times - they’re off within minutes

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Have you ever sustained a broken bone? no

Have you ever sustained an injury that required sutures? yes

Four years ago today, I had the first of two extensive foot surgeries. I couldn't hack using crutches at all and used a knee walker (sort of like a scooter) instead. Have you ever used crutches and, if so, did you get the hang of it or did you eventually give up on it? no

If you were to sustain a minor burn at home, how would you treat it? run it under cold water, elevate it, repeat - maybe some burn cream if it was handy

Have you ever slipped and fallen on ice? yes - did anyone here lie and say no?

Have you ever worn long johns? yes

When was the last time you wore a bathing suit/trunks? a couple years

Th-th-th-that's all, folks! Be kind to everyone you meet, and have a totally terrific Tuesday. such fun - thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics