Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 08:13 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times

Advertisements

~ Is there such a thing as 'the evolution of thought'? yes, as time moves forward we change our thoughts on things. Hopefully for the better.
~ Would you like to try a sushi burrito? no
~ What was your Thanksgiving meal? BBQ ribs, potato salad, beans, apple pie.
~ What's likely your dinner tonight or later? we'll figure that one out later in the day.
~ How many here put their meat thermometer to use yesterday? no not for ribs on the bbq. However if we cooked a turkey we always use a thermometer.
~ Are you at all geeky in any way at all? yes, I always have an ink pen and mechanical pencil in a pocket protector with me along with several 3x5” file cards. It’s something that I’ve carried over since I started working 50 years ago.
~ What-if-any things would you eat whipped cream off of: pie only please
~ How do you feel about the Spaghetti sauce IS a gravy controversy...if there is one?
~ Have you ever eaten Crawdads (crawfish, crayfish...) and when and where and how did you like it and was it a good time?
~ Ketchup on a hot dog....yes or no.....and, is it really a sin? yes but I don't use it on much of anything.
~ What animals have you ever seen crossing the road? cattle, dear, cats, dogs, sheep, turkey, chickens, ducks, skunk, elk, buffalo, ducks.
~ Will you vote for moving the location of the turkey wings on the turkey about 3 inches higher when you vote in the next election in your area. the turkeys were already voted into office and are in DC.
~ If at a Thanksgiving feast and the food is all kinds of lookin' real good...and as you move along, getting all you want for your first plate...and then you get to the stuffing/dressing and you have herbed stuffing, corn stuffing and also herbed stuffing with marijuana baked into...what would be your choice/choices? no stuffing thank you
~ So, what music did you hear yesterday none,,,, just the tv and videos were on.
~ I hate when I post the Fryday Fill-Ins on the late side...don't you? anytime is ok with me.
~ Say something to the Sherpherd's pie here--> good morning Sherpherd's pie
~ Some kind of food-related business that you wish was in your area: Polish foods would be a nice change of pace.
~ Who here today can play at least a part of something on which instruments?
~ The meal you had yesterday; who did the most of the work involved? me
~ Something you are thankful for: Mrs Aks
~ Holler if you had peanut butter during the last two weeks: I did have peanut butter cookies!
~ If you don't like Nintendo games or other video games, what is wrong with you?
~ Cranberry sauce: Canned Jellied or pot luck/someone's 'homemade' that you never ate before? canned jellied
~ Have you ever seen trout in your food store, in the seafood case? yes
~ Where do you suppose is a likely good place to go fishing for perch of some kind? at the lake

*** I think we'd all have a real good time together...good stuff to you all! ***
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 08:18 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,793,445 times
~ Is there such a thing as 'the evolution of thought'?
Yes I believe there is for most people, others not so much who are stuck in a certain mindset and refuse to open their minds to new or "evolved" ideas

~ Would you like to try a sushi burrito?
Ew no thanks

~ What was your Thanksgiving meal?
salad, turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, fried okra, candied yams and carrot cake

~ What's likely your dinner tonight or later?
If my son stops by I'll be making spaghetti, if not it will be a frozen dinner

~ How many here put their meat thermometer to use yesterday?
Not me, we went out to eat

~ Are you at all geeky in any way at all?
No way, I'm cool as a cucumber

~ What-if-any things would you eat whipped cream off of:
Any dessert I love whipped cream

~ How do you feel about the Spaghetti sauce IS a gravy controversy...if there is one?
Spaghetti sauce IS IN NO WAY gravy, that's just stupid

~ Have you ever eaten Crawdads (crawfish, crayfish...) and when and where and how did you like it and was it a good time?
No I've never eaten them

~ Ketchup on a hot dog....yes or no.....and, is it really a sin?
YES - ketchup, mayo and cheese

~ What animals have you ever seen crossing the road?
squirrels mostly, an occasional deer or o'possum

~ Will you vote for moving the location of the turkey wings on the turkey about 3 inches higher when you vote in the next election in your area.
What? I do not understand the question

~ If at a Thanksgiving feast and the food is all kinds of lookin' real good...and as you move along, getting all you want for your first plate...and then you get to the stuffing/dressing and you have herbed stuffing, corn stuffing and also herbed stuffing with marijuana baked into...what would be your choice/choices?
The pot stuffing of course!

~ So, what music did you hear yesterday?
I don't even know, the restaurant was so loud and crowded I couldn't hear it

~ I hate when I post the Fryday Fill-Ins on the late side...don't you?
Nope, doesn't bother me I'm just happy that you do it at all!

~ Say something to the Sherpherd's pie here-->
Where's the sheep?

~ Some kind of food-related business that you wish was in your area:
I wish we had an Olive Garden closer and a Lidl grocery Store

Heart and Soul on the piano but that's it

~ The meal you had yesterday; who did the most of the work involved?
The cooks in the kitchen at the restaurant - feel bad for them having to work on Thanksgiving

~ Something you are thankful for:
My good health

~ Holler if you had peanut butter during the last two weeks:
Holla!!

~ If you don't like Nintendo games or other video games, what is wrong with you?
Ain't a damn thing wrong with me, video games are stupid and a complete waste of time better spent on things that actually need to be done

~ Cranberry sauce: Canned Jellied or pot luck/someone's 'homemade' that you never ate before?
Ick I hate that stuff

~ Have you ever seen trout in your food store, in the seafood case?
No I don't think so

~ Where do you suppose is a likely good place to go fishing for perch of some kind?
I have no idea, I don't fish

*** I think we'd all have a real good time together...good stuff to you all! ***

Thanks Roosty!

Old 11-24-2017, 08:33 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,633 times
[quote=rainroosty;50213190]~ Is there such a thing as 'the evolution of thought'?

There can be.

Okay.

A grilled chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries. My family ate out. Our first choice restaurant wouldn't answer calls and had no information online as to whether they were open or not, our second choice had too long of a wait. We ended up at Saltgrass Steakhouse.

I don't know.

I don't think I have one.

We all have our geeky quirks.

I'm ok without whipped cream.

Indifferent.

I think once.

If that's your thug thizzle.

Only exotic creatures like squirrels, cats, dogs, etc.

~ Will you vote for moving the location of the turkey wings on the turkey about 3 inches higher when you vote in the next election in your area.

That's a personal question.

~ If at a Thanksgiving feast and the food is all kinds of lookin' real good...and as you move along, getting all you want for your first plate...and then you get to the stuffing/dressing and you have herbed stuffing, corn stuffing and also herbed stuffing with marijuana baked into...what would be your choice/choices?

Pass on all.

Christmas music on TV. Country music at the restaurant.

It's fine.

~ Say something to the Sherpherd's pie here--> I've never had one of you before.

I'm fine with my current choices I guess. Im not much of a foodie.

Piano.

The cooks and waiter at the restaurant.

Many thangs. Today is a beautiful day.

Just peanut butter filled pretzels the other day.

~ Cranberry sauce: Canned Jellied or pot luck/someone's 'homemade' that you never ate before?

The kind shaped like a can.

I don't know.

~ Where do you suppose is a likely good place to go fishing for perch of some kind?

I don't know.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:53 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,724 times
~ Is there such a thing as 'the evolution of thought'? There is.

~ Would you like to try a sushi burrito? Ha! From evolution of thought to sushi burritos. I would try, because I like sushi. Though it doesn't sound good.....

~ What was your Thanksgiving meal? Traditional meal. Turkey & stuffing, squash, turnip, mashed potatoes..... my sister brought beets. That was different. Brother made onion pie. Someone roasted brussel sprouts. Pickles, cranberry sauce etc. Pies, cake, cookies, a cranberry pudding.

~ What's likely your dinner tonight or later? LOs (Left overs)

~ How many here put their meat thermometer to use yesterday? I did!

~ Are you at all geeky in any way at all? If being a geek includes not being good at sports, I'm a geek. If it's mostly about technology, then no, not a geek.

~ What-if-any things would you eat whipped cream off of: Hot chocolate, trifles, ice cream.... a spoon.

~ How do you feel about the Spaghetti sauce IS a gravy controversy...if there is one? Not aware of a controversy. If an opinion is needed, in my world.... sauce is not gravy. Gravy is brown and made with meat drippings. Spaghetti sauce is made with tomatoes.

~ Have you ever eaten Crawdads (crawfish, crayfish...) and when and where and how did you like it and was it a good time? Haven't eaten.

~ Ketchup on a hot dog....yes or no.....and, is it really a sin? Ketchup and mustard together if I'm going to eat a hot dog at all.

~ What animals have you ever seen crossing the road? Chickens, turkeys, deer, moose, turtles, snakes, toads, lizards, squirrels, chippies, cats, dogs, bobcats, foxes.....

~ Will you vote for moving the location of the turkey wings on the turkey about 3 inches higher when you vote in the next election in your area. No. Poor things wouldn't be able to fly at all, not that they do much now.

~ If at a Thanksgiving feast and the food is all kinds of lookin' real good...and as you move along, getting all you want for your first plate...and then you get to the stuffing/dressing and you have herbed stuffing, corn stuffing and also herbed stuffing with marijuana baked into...what would be your choice/choices? I'd try some of each. I don't really care for corn stuffing though. It's a texture thing.

~ So, what music did you hear yesterday? Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole...... Music my dad loved.

~ I hate when I post the Fryday Fill-Ins on the late side...don't you? No. I appreciate people who take time to post.

~ Say something to the Sherpherd's pie here--> Sorry, but I have enough left overs to last me a while.

~ Some kind of food-related business that you wish was in your area: A cafe where people are welcome to sit for hours, play games, have a cuppa...... We had one when my girls were in high school. They welcomed everyone.

~ Who here today can play at least a part of something on which instruments? A little piano, I think. It's been a long time.

~ The meal you had yesterday; who did the most of the work involved? Everyone contributed. Those who contributed the least because they drove a further distance and have little ones did the dishes.

~ Something you are thankful for: Today, peace and quiet. Yesterday..... a large family.

~ Holler if you had peanut butter during the last two weeks: (Silent)

~ If you don't like Nintendo games or other video games, what is wrong with you? Not a thing is wrong with me. I just spend my time doing other things.

~ Cranberry sauce: Canned Jellied or pot luck/someone's 'homemade' that you never ate before? Either. I love cranberry. Yesterday I had some goat cheese and cranberry that was delish.

~ Have you ever seen trout in your food store, in the seafood case? Um...... Don't think so.

~ Where do you suppose is a likely good place to go fishing for perch of some kind? No idea, sorry.

*** I think we'd all have a real good time together...good stuff to you all! *** Thanks, roosty!

Old 11-24-2017, 09:23 AM

24,462 posts, read 25,995,249 times
Yep

Absolutely NOT.

Turkey & stuffing, mashed potatoes, pickles, cranberry sauce etc. and pies.

Probably leftovers.

Not us.

Sometimes

Pies, brownies, strawberry shortcake and banana splits.

It's gotta be sauce.

No

Ketchup is always on my hot dog definitely not a sin.

Cats. dogs. possums. cattle and sheep.

Sounds like a good idea.

Herbed stuffing.

None

Nope. I always look forward to them.

~ Say something to the Sherpherd's pie here-->Hi

A good authentic delicatessen.

Not me.

My daughter, gotta love her.

Today

Yippee, cn you hear me now.

I'm nor geeky enuf.

Pass

I think so.

A lake.

Thanx Roosty for the interesting Q's.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:02 AM

38,881 posts, read 22,864,124 times
~ Is there such a thing as 'the evolution of thought'? I would think so.

~ Would you like to try a sushi burrito? No, thanks.

~ What was your Thanksgiving meal? Turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cream-style corn and a cream cheese dessert roll.

~ What's likely your dinner tonight or later? Probably kale and white bean soup.

~ How many here put their meat thermometer to use yesterday? I didn't do the cooking yesterday, so not I.

~ Are you at all geeky in any way at all? I am.

~ What-if-any things would you eat whipped cream off of: Pumpkin pie or hot cocoa.

~ How do you feel about the Spaghetti sauce IS a gravy controversy...if there is one? I didn't know there was one. I've always called it spaghetti sauce.

~ Have you ever eaten Crawdads (crawfish, crayfish...) and when and where and how did you like it and was it a good time? Never had them.

~ Ketchup on a hot dog....yes or no.....and, is it really a sin? That's the only way I'll eat hot dogs. Not sure why it would be a sin.

~ What animals have you ever seen crossing the road? Dogs, cats and deer.

~ Will you vote for moving the location of the turkey wings on the turkey about 3 inches higher when you vote in the next election in your area. If it's on the ballot, I might.

~ If at a Thanksgiving feast and the food is all kinds of lookin' real good...and as you move along, getting all you want for your first plate...and then you get to the stuffing/dressing and you have herbed stuffing, corn stuffing and also herbed stuffing with marijuana baked into...what would be your choice/choices? Corn stuffing.

~ So, what music did you hear yesterday? Christmas music from the radio.

~ I hate when I post the Fryday Fill-Ins on the late side...don't you? As long as it shows up.

~ Say something to the Shepherd's pie here--> Never had it.

~ Some kind of food-related business that you wish was in your area: Can't think of anything because we have just about every kind of ethnic and novelty restaurant/eatery/dining establishment in this area.

~ Who here today can play at least a part of something on which instruments? My days as an instrumental musician are long gone.

~ The meal you had yesterday; who did the most of the work involved? My sisters and mother.

~ Something you are thankful for: I have a 4-day weekend.

~ Holler if you had peanut butter during the last two weeks: I didn't.

~ If you don't like Nintendo games or other video games, what is wrong with you? Those don't interest me.

~ Cranberry sauce: Canned Jellied or pot luck/someone's 'homemade' that you never ate before? Homemade is WAY better than canned/jellied.

~ Have you ever seen trout in your food store, in the seafood case? Yes. Most likely they're farm-raised, not wild-caught.

~ Where do you suppose is a likely good place to go fishing for perch of some kind? One of the local lakes.

Happy Day after Thanksgiving!

Old 11-24-2017, 10:27 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,615,563 times
Mornin' all!

Sure, over the greater time span. And in the smaller picture, I know my thoughts are constantly evolving.

All carbs! I had stuffing, mashed potatoes, and rolls & butter. Oh yeah, and I did have Brussels sprouts, so not all carbs. But then there was pumpkin supreme pie, and key lime pie.

I know what lunch is...we're going to see Roman J. Israel, Esq, so...movie popcorn!

N/A

I'm too school for cool!

My favorite is a spoon.

Don't care. As long as I get what I expect on my pasta or potatoes.

I have never eaten crayfish. Just never had the opportunity before I went vegetarian.

None for me, thanx. Cheese, Plochman's yellow mustard, and sweet relish. Or, really, really sour kraut, and Plochman's yellow mustard.
Is ketchup on a hot dog a "sin?" No, but they sure will look at you askance if you ask for it in Chicago!

Dog, cat, opossum, raccoon, deer, fox, frogs, toads, coyote, squirrel, chipmunk, turtle, cow, snake, wild turkey, and yes, chicken. There are probably more. And many who tried and failed...

Yes.

Motown!

I don't know what Questioners have going on in their lives, so I don't have anything to say about when someone else is able to get their Qs posted. I just hope that they are not "late" because something happened to the Questioner.

I remember you, my old friend. You're safe with me now.

Thai food.

I used to be able to play all kinds of things on the alto sax. A bit of the guitar parts in Roundabout by Yes, Green Grass and High Tides by The Outlaws, and Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin...

Oh dear, my poor sister! She works so hard, and stresses out so badly!

Well, my sister, for one. My "new" older brother, hubby, kitty (that my sister found, so more thankfulness for my sister! ), loving friends and family...

I did, but it's nothing for me to holler about. I like it, but I don't love it.

I'm different and I like it!

Any of the above will work.

I don't care for fish, so I have never looked.

Sorry, I don't have a clue. But if I would have known yesterday that you were going to ask this today, I would have asked my nephew when I was at his house for dinner. He's an avid fisherman, going virtually any time he's not on the clock. He's probably fishing now!

Thanx for the fun Qs rainroosty. Post them whenever you are able.
Have a good and safe weekend everyone!

Old 11-24-2017, 01:54 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,382,128 times
People do build on ideas that came before.

Pass.

I had sliced brisket, though turkey breast was available, green beans, best buttery dinner
rolls ever, mac and cheese, corn on the cob, pickles from the relish tray, and chocolate cake.

Don't know yet.

Can't say.

Geeky as in dorky looking? Not any dorkier looking than average.
Geeky as in geek out on subjects of interest? Would have to be a vegetable to have no interests.

Ladyfingers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH5eTJ80Jws

Don't care as long as a tomato based sauce, gravy, whatever is available for pasta.

Haven't.

Occasionally, if I feel like it and, no, it's not a sin.

Deer, cattle, cats, dogs, squirrels, possum, turtles, people.

Let me get back to you on that.

Herbed, like with sage, yes. Corn, maybe. MaryJane, I know what it smells like and don't
think it would taste good in stuffing, though after a while probably wouldn't care.

Only incidental to what was on TV. Watched the national dog show.

Hadn't thought about it.

Check with the shepherd.

A good German food restaurant.

Today I'll figure out something on piano if I must.

Not me.

Food, shelter, safety.

*holler*

They're okay.

Either.

No, but haven't looked for trout in stores.

Near lake shores.

Last edited by bjh; 11-24-2017 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: Aksarben's answer of Polish food made me think of German food.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:12 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,278,362 times
~ Is there such a thing as 'the evolution of thought'?...........Yes, it's called changing my mind.

~ Would you like to try a sushi burrito?.............No!!

~ What was your Thanksgiving meal? .....................Plentiful and delicious!

~ What's likely your dinner tonight or later?................Maybe some pizza.

~ How many here put their meat thermometer to use yesterday?...............

~ Are you at all geeky in any way at all?...................Probably a little.

~ What-if-any things would you eat whipped cream off of:.................Hot chocolate and desert.

~ How do you feel about the Spaghetti sauce IS a gravy controversy...if there is one?...........It's not to me.

~ Have you ever eaten Crawdads (crawfish, crayfish...) and when and where and how did you like it and was it a good time?..........No

~ Ketchup on a hot dog....yes or no.....and, is it really a sin?..........No ketchup for me but I won't judge those who use it.

~ What animals have you ever seen crossing the road?.............More than I can possibly list. Lots of deer here.

~ Will you vote for moving the location of the turkey wings on the turkey about 3 inches higher when you vote in the next election in your area...................

~ If at a Thanksgiving feast and the food is all kinds of lookin' real good...and as you move along, getting all you want for your first plate...and then you get to the stuffing/dressing and you have herbed stuffing, corn stuffing and also herbed stuffing with marijuana baked into...what would be your choice/choices? ...............Herbed stuffing.

~ So, what music did you hear yesterday?................Christmas music while out for my all night shopping trip.

~ I hate when I post the Fryday Fill-Ins on the late side...don't you?..................I like to see them early.

~ Say something to the Sherpherd's pie here-->..............Yum!

~ Some kind of food-related business that you wish was in your area:...........Texas Roadhouse and O'Charley's

~ Who here today can play at least a part of something on which instruments? ..............Not me.

~ The meal you had yesterday; who did the most of the work involved?.................My sister in law.

~ Something you are thankful for:..............My husband.

~ Holler if you had peanut butter during the last two weeks:............Silent.

~ If you don't like Nintendo games or other video games, what is wrong with you?...............I've never liked playing games.

~ Cranberry sauce: Canned Jellied or pot luck/someone's 'homemade' that you never ate before?...............Homemade

~ Have you ever seen trout in your food store, in the seafood case?...............No

~ Where do you suppose is a likely good place to go fishing for perch of some kind?...........Not a clue.

*** I think we'd all have a real good time together...good stuff to you all! ***.................Thanks Roosty! Have a great weekend.

Old 11-24-2017, 02:46 PM

14,773 posts, read 8,103,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

No, I will pass on that one!

Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, Gravy, peas, cranberry walnut relish, dinner rolls, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie

Same as yesterday...plenty of leftovers!

About a few things...

pies, ice cream or hot chocolate....

I call it sauce but people can call it whatever they want...

Yes, I liked it when I was a kid, and nah not a sin.....no matter what topping - to each his own.
Ducks, horses, deer, rabbits, squirrels, cats, dogs, humans, possums, raccoons, skunks.....

Herbed

All background noise, didn't get to listen to any.
It's fun, no matter what time~

Hi Pie!
I wish we had Friendly Ice Cream Parlors here...and would get a Great Harvest Bakery again.

I wish, but yet, I have no musical talent whatsoever.

A group effort.
Another day above ground!

I like Video games! At least there are some video games that I like.

Homemade

Yes, but it's been awhile, since I noticed any.
Some place quiet and remote and unpolluted.

Great Questions! Good stuff to you also!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics