Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 04:54 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,991 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:
Which beverages do you buy a single container of, at a time ? Milk, juice, water, alcohol
Which beverages do you buy multiple units of, at a time (6-packs, 12-pks, case, etc.)? Sometimes juice for grands.
Are there any beverages you buy that come in a powdered drink mix form ? No
Do you have a “serving station”, stand or rack at home for dispensing beverages
(such as coffeemaker w/variety of blends, or soda maker w/flavors you can select) ? Don't
Do you have a “lazy susan” (serving/storage turntable) ? Corner cabinet in kitchen
LINK —> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazy_Susan

Extra Credit:
Do you have more than one vacuum cleaner ? Don't
Do you own a broom-if so, do you have a dustpan ? Couple of each, house & garage
Do you have a lint roller/brush for fabric ? How often does it get used ? Have had, but don't at the moment

Bonus:
Do you own any makeup (cosmetic) brushes ? Do, but use little makeup
Do you have any brushes or rollers for painting the house ? Have both
Has anyone ever bought you a nose-hair or ear-hair trimmer ? Ha! No.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever had an apiary (bee box, for making honey) on your property-
or seen one on another person’s land ? Several neighbors and one of my sisters have apiaries.

Today’s Word:
ouroboros /ˌyo͝orəˈbôrəs/ (n/): Ancient symbol/motif of a snake eating its tail,
signifying/illustrating the cyclical repeating qualities within life, death, and nature.

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at center left & top right-

Thought for the Day:
“Sometimes the key arrives long before the lock.”
-Rebecca Solnit

Wishing you a fantabulous final Monday of this month, C-D peeps !
Thanks, cloven! Same to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2017, 06:57 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,018 times
Happy Monday November 27, everybody-and welcome to QOTD.

Today’s Question:
Which beverages do you buy a single container of, at a time ?....................Soda, tea or water when I'm out and about.
Which beverages do you buy multiple units of, at a time (6-packs, 12-pks, case, etc.)?.............Bottled water and soda.
Are there any beverages you buy that come in a powdered drink mix form ?............Once in awhile I'll buy some lemonade.
Do you have a “serving station”, stand or rack at home for dispensing beverages ................I have beverage containers for serving drinks for larger gatherings. I also have a punch bowl.
(such as coffeemaker w/variety of blends, or soda maker w/flavors you can select) ?
Do you have a “lazy susan” (serving/storage turntable) ?............No

Extra Credit:
Do you have more than one vacuum cleaner ?...............Yes. We also have several shop vacs.
Do you own a broom-if so, do you have a dustpan ?...........I do have brooms but I don't recall what happened to my dustpan. I've not seen it for years.
Do you have a lint roller/brush for fabric ? How often does it get used ?..............Yes, it's seldom used.

Bonus:
Do you own any makeup (cosmetic) brushes ?.............Yes
Do you have any brushes or rollers for painting the house ?................Yes
Has anyone ever bought you a nose-hair or ear-hair trimmer ?.........I bought one for my husband.

Just for Fun:
or seen one on another person’s land ?
..............I'm allergic to bees so we can't have one. I often see them around.

Today in History:
1839: The American Statistical Association founded in Boston, Mass.
1896: First performance of Richard Strauss’s tone poem Thus Spake Zarathustra (later used prominently in the film “2001”)
1945: Founding of the non-governmental organization, CARE, a consortium of charities that began by sending food aid boxes
1951: Birth of director Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty)
1953: Birth of actor Curtis Armstrong (Moonlighting, Revenge of the Nerds)
1956: Birth of actor William Fichtner (Heat, Prison Break)
1961: Birth of actress Samantha Bond (Rumpole of the Bailey, Downton Abbey)
1971: Birth of actor Kirk Acevedo (Oz, Law & Order: Trial by Jury)

Today’s Word:
ouroboros /ˌyo͝orəˈbôrəs/ (n/): Ancient symbol/motif of a snake eating its tail,
signifying/illustrating the cyclical repeating qualities within life, death, and nature.

Today Is:
Cider Monday
Cyber Monday
Teacher’s Day (Spain)

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at center left & top right-

Thought for the Day:
-Rebecca Solnit

Old 11-27-2017, 07:17 AM

126,274 posts, read 19,045,264 times

Today’s Question:
Which beverages do you buy a single container of, at a time ? Orange Juice when needed,occasionally single special bottles or cans of beer from the brewery,single wine bottles....
Which beverages do you buy multiple units of, at a time (6-packs, 12-pks, case, etc.)? Our bagged milk 4 liters and beer in cases
Are there any beverages you buy that come in a powdered drink mix form ?
No

(such as coffeemaker w/variety of blends, or soda maker w/flavors you can select) ?
I have a special shelf,got jugs,special glass,china and silver jugs and special bowls for the punches

Do you have a “lazy susan” (serving/storage turntable) ? Yes I have a large lazy Susan and love it. It is very handy. I always wondered why is it called lazy Susan

Extra Credit:
Do you have more than one vacuum cleaner ? I have central vacuum
Do you own a broom-if so, do you have a dustpan ? Yes both upstairs,downstairs and in the garage.
Do you have a lint roller/brush for fabric ? Yes I do How often does it get used ? Daily after every meal. It is absolutely handy and one of my most treasured and used household items

Bonus:
Do you own any makeup (cosmetic) brushes ? None
Do you have any brushes or rollers for painting the house ? Yes I have
Has anyone ever bought you a nose-hair or ear-hair trimmer ? Not yet

Just for Fun:
or seen one on another person’s land ? I don't have that but our local beekeeper showed me around on his property. Quite interesting and amazing.

Today in History:
1839: The American Statistical Association founded in Boston, Mass.
1896: First performance of Richard Strauss’s tone poem Thus Spake Zarathustra (later used prominently in the film “2001”)
1945: Founding of the non-governmental organization, CARE, a consortium of charities that began by sending food aid boxes
1951: Birth of director Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty)
1953: Birth of actor Curtis Armstrong (Moonlighting, Revenge of the Nerds)
1956: Birth of actor William Fichtner (Heat, Prison Break)
1961: Birth of actress Samantha Bond (Rumpole of the Bailey, Downton Abbey)
1971: Birth of actor Kirk Acevedo (Oz, Law & Order: Trial by Jury)

Today’s Word:

Today Is:
Cider Monday
Cyber Monday
Teacher’s Day (Spain)

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at center left & top right- Thank you for the maze cloven

Thought for the Day:
-Rebecca Solnit

Thank you cloven

Old 11-27-2017, 07:48 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times

Which beverages do you buy a single container of, at a time ? Milk
Which beverages do you buy multiple units of, at a time (6-packs, 12-pks, case, etc.)? Beer
Are there any beverages you buy that come in a powdered drink mix form ? No, haven't found any that taste halfway decent
Do you have a “serving station”, stand or rack at home for dispensing beverages Yes, for Coffee and Espresso
Do you have a “lazy susan” (serving/storage turntable) ? Yes, for spices

Extra Credit:
Do you have more than one vacuum cleaner ? One for the house, two shop vacs
Do you own a broom-if so, do you have a dustpan ? Yes
Do you have a lint roller/brush for fabric ? How often does it get used ? Yes, my wife uses it daily

Bonus:
Do you own any makeup (cosmetic) brushes ? No
Do you have any brushes or rollers for painting the house ? Many
Has anyone ever bought you a nose-hair or ear-hair trimmer ? No

Just for Fun:
or seen one on another person’s land ? Not on ours, but a neighbor has them

Old 11-27-2017, 08:00 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Which beverages do you buy a single container of, at a time ? Maybe a soft drink every now and then
Which beverages do you buy multiple units of, at a time (6-packs, 12-pks, case, etc.)? Flavored sparkling water
Are there any beverages you buy that come in a powdered drink mix form ? My sugar free lemonade I drink at bedtime
Do you have a “serving station”, stand or rack at home for dispensing beverages Nope
(such as coffeemaker w/variety of blends, or soda maker w/flavors you can select) ? We have a Kuerig but thankfully for my pocketbook don't use the pods for it. We have one you use your own coffee in so we don't need that rack
Do you have a “lazy susan” (serving/storage turntable) ? Nope. My mother used to

Extra Credit:
Do you have more than one vacuum cleaner ? Nope
Do you own a broom-if so, do you have a dustpan ? Yup to both
Do you have a lint roller/brush for fabric ? How often does it get used ? Nope

Bonus:
Do you own any makeup (cosmetic) brushes ? No make up brushes in the house. My wife said she has never put a drop of makeup on her face. Looks fine to me!
Do you have any brushes or rollers for painting the house ? Yup
Has anyone ever bought you a nose-hair or ear-hair trimmer ? Nope

Just for Fun:
or seen one on another person’s land ? I've seen one but don't have one

Old 11-27-2017, 08:05 AM

12,842 posts, read 868,660 times
Today’s Questions:
Which beverages do you buy a single container of, at a time? Milk
Which beverages do you buy multiple units of, at a time (6-packs, 12-pks, case, etc.)? Beer
Are there any beverages you buy that come in a powdered drink mix form? Hot Chocolate
(such as coffeemaker w/variety of blends, or soda maker w/flavors you can select)? Nope
Do you have a “lazy susan” (serving/storage turntable)? Yes, I have two and love them!

Extra Credit:
Do you have more than one vacuum cleaner?
Yes, one for the house and one for the garage/workshop.
Do you own a broom-if so, do you have a dustpan?
Yes, I have about five brooms of different sizes and dustpans, too.
Do you have a lint roller/brush for fabric? Yes
How often does it get used? Not too much anymore since I no longer have pets.

Bonus:
Do you own any makeup (cosmetic) brushes? Not anymore.
Do you have any brushes or rollers for painting the house? Yes, I've many. I love to paint!
Has anyone ever bought you a nose-hair or ear-hair trimmer? Nope, never.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever had an apiary (bee box, for making honey) on your property-or seen one on another person’s land?
Yes, I have a friend nearby who makes honey and it is so delicious!

Thank you, cloven! Wishing everybody a peaceful day!

Old 11-27-2017, 08:45 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,482,511 times
Today’s Question:
Which beverages do you buy a single container of, at a time ? Milk
Which beverages do you buy multiple units of, at a time (6-packs, 12-pks, case, etc.)? Water
Are there any beverages you buy that come in a powdered drink mix form ? Iced tea
(such as coffeemaker w/variety of blends, or soda maker w/flavors you can select) ? I have a Keurig
Do you have a “lazy susan” (serving/storage turntable) ? No
[/b]LINK —> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazy_Susan

Extra Credit:
Do you have more than one vacuum cleaner ? Yes
Do you own a broom-if so, do you have a dustpan ? Yes
Do you have a lint roller/brush for fabric ? How often does it get used ? Yes, it gets used once in awhile

Bonus:
Do you own any makeup (cosmetic) brushes ? Yes
Do you have any brushes or rollers for painting the house ? Yes
Has anyone ever bought you a nose-hair or ear-hair trimmer ? No, but my husband got one

Just for Fun:
[/color] no

Old 11-27-2017, 09:37 AM

3,070 posts, read 1,681,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post

Today’s Question:
Which beverages do you buy a single container of, at a time ? Most things. Propel water, Pepsi cans, and Arizona teas. I do have a pack of Pepsis, though.
Which beverages do you buy multiple units of, at a time (6-packs, 12-pks, case, etc.)? I occasionally buy Propel in 6-packs but not too often.
Are there any beverages you buy that come in a powdered drink mix form ? I have Propel powders that I use when I don't have bottled.
Do you have a “serving station”, stand or rack at home for dispensing beverages Nope. We do have a water "station" but I don't use it and we're about to take it to Goodwill.
Do you have a “lazy susan” (serving/storage turntable) ? Yes, for storage in a corner area, which is a pain.

Extra Credit:
Do you have more than one vacuum cleaner ? Nope
Do you own a broom-if so, do you have a dustpan ? Yes. Two brooms. I use the cheapie along with a tall dustpan so that I don't have to stand up (I'm learning).
Do you have a lint roller/brush for fabric ? How often does it get used ? Yes, just bought a new one and I use them only as needed.

Bonus:
Do you own any makeup (cosmetic) brushes ? About 8 of them.
Do you have any brushes or rollers for painting the house ? Yes. I use one paint brush for dusting off detailed items.
Has anyone ever bought you a nose-hair or ear-hair trimmer ? No. Not sure how I would react to that.

Just for Fun:
Have you ever had an apiary (bee box, for making honey) on your property- Not on mine, but there's a bunch of them on my brother's property in Calif.
Above

1971: Birth of actor Kirk Acevedo (Oz, Law & Order: Trial by Jury) Haven't seen him around in a while.

Wishing you a fantabulous final Monday of this month, C-D peeps ![/color][/b]
You, too, Cloven! Have a great week!

Old 11-27-2017, 10:00 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,908,738 times
Which beverages do you buy a single container of, at a time ? === Milk, juice, wine.

Which beverages do you buy multiple units of, at a time (6-packs, 12-pks, case, etc.)? === Beer, Ensure.

Are there any beverages you buy that come in a powdered drink mix form ? === Iced tea, lemonade.

Do you have a “serving station”, stand or rack at home for dispensing beverages (such as coffeemaker w/variety of blends, or soda maker w/flavors you can select) ? === I don't.

Do you have a “lazy susan” (serving/storage turntable) ? === Nope.

Do you have more than one vacuum cleaner ? === Yes. Shop vac, regular canister vac and hand vac.

Do you own a broom-if so, do you have a dustpan ? === Yes and yes.

Do you have a lint roller/brush for fabric ? How often does it get used ? === I do. Can't remember the last time I used it.

Do you own any makeup (cosmetic) brushes ? === I do.

Do you have any brushes or rollers for painting the house ? === And these too.

Has anyone ever bought you a nose-hair or ear-hair trimmer ? === Nope!

Have you ever had an apiary (bee box, for making honey) on your property or seen one on another person’s land ? === My uncle had them on his orchard in Hastings -- the fruit bowl of New Zealand.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:13 AM

24,468 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Today’s Question:
Which beverages do you buy a single container of, at a time ?
Milk, OJ and AZ tea.

Which beverages do you buy multiple units of, at a time (6-packs, 12-pks, case, etc.)?
Beer, water and soda.

Are there any beverages you buy that come in a powdered drink mix form ?
Cocoa

No

Do you have a “lazy susan” (serving/storage turntable) ?
We do.

Extra Credit:
Do you have more than one vacuum cleaner ?
Yep, 4

Do you own a broom-if so, do you have a dustpan ?
2 of these.

Do you have a lint roller/brush for fabric ? How often does it get used ?
I think we do, not used very often.

Bonus:
Do you own any makeup (cosmetic) brushes ?
Not me.

Do you have any brushes or rollers for painting the house ?
We have both of them

Has anyone ever bought you a nose-hair or ear-hair trimmer ?
No

Just for Fun:
Just seen on other peoples land.

Thanx Cloven for the Q's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics