Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 04:42 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,125,351 times

Advertisements

~ A time when you would use great scrutiny...:

~ There are still people who eat a special holiday dinner, big hoopla, big table(s)...blah blah blah. Now, no matter if you do that or not...your job here is to

Write a sentence to say aloud at the table during that dinner:

~ A living form that has an elongate proboscis:

~ Are you a crust person or not a crust person?

~ The very essence of 'good chili' is:

~ When going to a picnic with someone by the side of a quiet pond (as though we do that ever) do you bring music along?

~ And what form of transportation would you be willing to eradicate from our planet?

~ List however many 'things I don't eat ever' as you feel like listing:

~ Would you play the role of DeeJay (DJ) for a party of 63 year olds?

~ Here we go: what was the one thing you most enjoyed during this past week?

~ Have you added anything to your diet recently that is a step toward better nutrition and flavor enjoyment?

~ Is your town/city/village/whatever doing something stupid for Christmas?

** There. Enjoy absolutely everything...today and all days always. **

Last edited by rainroosty; 12-08-2017 at 05:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 05:12 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
~ A time when you would use great scrutiny...: - I'm not too trusting anymore so my answer is meeting anyone

~ There are still people who eat a special holiday dinner, big hoopla, big table(s)...blah blah blah. Now, no matter if you do that or not...your job here is to

Write a sentence to say aloud at the table during that dinner: - N/A. I eat alone.

~ Are you a crust person or not a crust person? - I eat it

~ The very essence of 'good chili' is: - D/K but what I make is always vegetarian.

~ When going to a picnic with someone by the side of a quiet pond (as though we do that ever) do you bring music along? - I wouldn't want to impose what could be noise pollution to another human being.

If a small gathering I will be more interested in the conversation which is an lost art in these times.

~ And what form of transportation would you be willing to eradicate from our planet? - "Smart" Cars. Those are like golf carts traveling on highways, etc.

~ List however many 'things I don't eat ever' as you feel like listing: - Since I cannot digest - nuts, seeds, corn.
Lots of food some people consume like most meat, all non-vegetarian food in a can, fast food burger joints, and sushi.

~ Would you play the role of DeeJay (DJ) for a party of 63 year olds? - LOL, sure!

~ Here we go: what was the one thing you most enjoyed during this past week? - Everything I cooked and lunch time deluxe salads that I put together.

~ Have you added anything to your diet recently that is a step toward better nutrition and flavor enjoyment? - No. I already eat very healthy, most of the time anyway, ha, ha.

~ Is your town/city/village/whatever doing something stupid for Christmas? - Maybe but I do not pay attention since I do not celebrate.

** There. Enjoy absolutely everything...today and all days always. ** - I have a rare Friday off today which will be better than going to work.

Thanks. Roosty!
Happy Friday top all!

Old 12-08-2017, 05:51 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,693,489 times
~ A time when you would use great scrutiny...:When dealing with certain people.

~ There are still people who eat a special holiday dinner, big hoopla, big table(s)...blah blah blah. Now, no matter if you do that or not ...your job here is to

Write a sentence to say aloud at the table during that dinner: Eat, drink and be merry.

~ A living form that has an elongate proboscis:Anteater

~ Are you a crust person or not a crust person? More of a not person.

~ The very essence of 'good chili' is: The right amount of spices.

~ When going to a picnic with someone by the side of a quiet pond (as though we do that ever) do you bring music along? I haven't gone on a picnic in many, many years!

~ And what form of transportation would you be willing to eradicate from our planet? Those tiny, tiny cars that are death traps.

~ List however many 'things I don't eat ever' as you feel like listing: Organ meats, Steak, most fish, okra, rutabagas, canned chicken, sardines, veal, lamb, venison, rabbit, canned veggies, sushi....

~ Have you added anything to your diet recently that is a step toward better nutrition and flavor enjoyment?Not really.

~ Is your town/city/village/whatever doing something stupid for Christmas? Yes.

** There. Enjoy absolutely everything...today and all days always. ** [/quote]

Have a good day and stay safe and warm wherever you are.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:01 AM

30,523 posts, read 16,217,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
~ A time when you would use great scrutiny...: checking my bank records

I also eat alone but if I didn't: Glad you're here: you can wash the dishes.

elephant

I like them. Best part of the loaf.

corn bread. lots and lots of corn bread.

~ When going to a picnic with someone by the side of a quiet pond (as though we do that ever) do you bring music along?

good grief, no. The sounds of nature are music enough.

~ And what form of transportation would you be willing to eradicate from our planet?

everything in moderation.

liver, spinach, brussel sprouts (are they even a food? )

not in this lifetime.

dug out my Christmas CDs.

~ Have you added anything to your diet recently that is a step toward better nutrition and flavor enjoyment?
just the opposite-stopped eating eggs and rarely eat beef now.

next town over had Dickens of a Christmas last weekend. This weekend is an international sale thing in the town I live in. !st year for it so we'll see,

Thanks, roosty. Maybe you can hitch a ride with Santa and travel the world.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:31 AM

126,274 posts, read 19,045,264 times
~ A time when you would use great scrutiny...: when banking,going over receipts and lists

Write a sentence to say aloud at the table during that dinner: I would like to make a toast to the chef please!

~ A living form that has an elongate proboscis: long-nosed monkey/bekantan from Indonesia or the tapir

~ Are you a crust person or not a crust person? Yes I like crusts on European breads or buns but not so much crust on a pizza

~ The very essence of 'good chili' is: I like in my meat or vegetarian chili Guinness beer and it has to be thick ,spicy and sprinkled with cilantro and served with a spoon of sour creme

~ When going to a picnic with someone by the side of a quiet pond (as though we do that ever) do you bring music along? I prefer the tranquility and the sound of the frogs

~ And what form of transportation would you be willing to eradicate from our planet? None but rather have less cars,trucks on the roads and more bicycles

~ List however many 'things I don't eat ever' as you feel like listing: I may cook it for others but myself I no longer eat steaks,pork,veal,liver,beef,no longer cold cuts,canned vegis and canned fruits,processed food,bought cookies,no Pops,any shellfish,

~ Would you play the role of DeeJay (DJ) for a party of 63 year olds? I would if I would know how to do this

Baking Christmas cookies

~ Have you added anything to your diet recently that is a step toward better nutrition and flavor enjoyment? No I try to eat healthy year round

Except for the usual putting up Christmas lights,ornaments on houses

Thank you roosty. I wish you ALL a peaceful 2nd weekend of December.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:20 AM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times
Good Morning

~ Are you a crust person or not a crust person? Sometimes.

~ The very essence of 'good chili' is: adding a couple of squares of bittersweet chocolate when cooking a pot of chili.

~ When going to a picnic with someone by the side of a quiet pond (as though we do that ever) do you bring music along? I like quiet

~ And what form of transportation would you be willing to eradicate from our planet? skateboards

~ List however many 'things I don't eat ever' as you feel like listing: sushi, oysters

~ Here we go: what was the one thing you most enjoyed during this past week? My day trip to The Alps

~ Have you added anything to your diet recently that is a step toward better nutrition and flavor enjoyment? I have been on the better nutrition path for the last five years.

~ Is your town/city/village/whatever doing something stupid for Christmas? My town embraces the holiday season

Have a happy day!

Old 12-08-2017, 07:42 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
A time when you would use great scrutiny...: Going over the receipt at any retail establishment to make sure we were not overcharged.

~ There are still people who eat a special holiday dinner, big hoopla, big table(s)...blah blah blah. Now, no matter if you do that or not...your job here is to: I do all the cooking, my wife and others do the dishes.

Write a sentence to say aloud at the table during that dinner: Pass the rolls down here please!

~ A living form that has an elongate proboscis: Aardvark

~ Are you a crust person or not a crust person? Not

~ The very essence of 'good chili' is: garlic

~ When going to a picnic with someone by the side of a quiet pond (as though we do that ever) do you bring music along? No

~ And what form of transportation would you be willing to eradicate from our planet? Prius

~ List however many 'things I don't eat ever' as you feel like listing: Liver, tofu, okra, cilantro, curry, shrimp (allergic), blood sausage, circus peanuts candy.

~ Would you play the role of DeeJay (DJ) for a party of 63 year olds? Yes, that would be fun, classic rock!

~ Here we go: what was the one thing you most enjoyed during this past week? It was actually a bad week, the best I can come up with is that on Monday I had no meetings and my boss is on vacation this week.

~ Have you added anything to your diet recently that is a step toward better nutrition and flavor enjoyment? Salad every day before dinner, (and chips only while watching football games)

~ Is your town/city/village/whatever doing something stupid for Christmas? No

Old 12-08-2017, 07:46 AM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
~ A time when you would use great scrutiny...: I do this at work frequently. Nearly every day on the job I review commercial construction contracts along with terms and conditions. I scrutinize every line of every page. The T&Cs are often 50+ pages of fine print.

~ There are still people who eat a special holiday dinner, big hoopla, big table(s)...blah blah blah. Now, no matter if you do that or not...your job here is to [not sure what this is asking ]

Write a sentence to say aloud at the table during that dinner: "Thank you, God, for these loved ones and for this food."

~ A living form that has an elongate proboscis: An elephant!

~ Are you a crust person or not a crust person? Crust. I like pie crust and I like bread crust.

~ The very essence of 'good chili' is: Really good, lean beef and .... well, all of the ingredients are very important. It's too hard to choose just one which would be the essence, since the chili would not be best if any ingredients were missing. I use canned crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce, chili beans with sauce, freshly chopped onions, a tablespoon of cocoa powder, Worcestershire sauce, herbs and spices and a dash of Liquid Smoke. I'm probably leaving out a couple of ingredients but that's about it.

~ When going to a picnic with someone by the side of a quiet pond (as though we do that ever) do you bring music along? Not usually, but on a few occasions long ago I brought my acoustic guitar and played and sang.

~ And what form of transportation would you be willing to eradicate from our planet? Pogo sticks.

~ List however many 'things I don't eat ever' as you feel like listing: Cantaloupe; honeydew; live bugs. I like pretty much everything else.

~ Would you play the role of DeeJay (DJ) for a party of 63 year olds? Sure. That sounds fun! I'm 63, so it would be a group of my peers and we'd all like the same music.

~ Here we go: what was the one thing you most enjoyed during this past week? Spending time with loved ones in South Bend, Indiana on Sunday afternoon.

~ Have you added anything to your diet recently that is a step toward better nutrition and flavor enjoyment? Nothing new recently. I eat lots and lots of fresh veggies and salad every day and that works for me, so I'm sticking with it.

~ Is your town/city/village/whatever doing something stupid for Christmas? Something stupid? No, not in my opinion.

** There. Enjoy absolutely everything...today and all days always. ** The hast several days have been kind of rough due to some ongoing plumbing problems in my home. I'm hoping to have a much more enjoyable weekend! Thanks for the Q's, roosty. Happy Fryday, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:14 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
~ A time when you would use great scrutiny...:

When I'm at the bank.

Let's eat! I know, it's terse.

~ A living form that has an elongate proboscis: anteater

~ Are you a crust person or not a crust person? crust is okay.

~ The very essence of 'good chili' is: Don't eat it. Don't know.

~ When going to a picnic with someone by the side of a quiet pond (as though we do that ever) do you bring music along? No, we all just dance in a circle around the picnic basket, and sing about Mother Earth, without musical accompaniment.

~ And what form of transportation would you be willing to eradicate from our planet? I'll go with hot air balloons. When the airplane came along, they should have disappeared sort of like how the computer replaced the typewriter.

1. Anything that comes out of the water (little kids and surfers pee in it, drunken and seasick boaters puke in it, sea creatures have sex in it and poop in it, bad businesses dump toxic waste into it, The mafia, gangs and people associated with governments dump dead bodies into it/bury people at sea, oil rigs leak in it, rusty boats sink in it, sun tan lotioned oily people swim in it, diseased fish live in it, nuclear power plants dump stuff into it, the EPA turns water yellow...God only knows what SpongeBob SquarePants does in it because I'm afraid to watch that scary show.

2. Lima Beans

3. Pineapple pizza (it's an abomination)

4. Anything the Food Police says is good for you because we all know 10 - 20 years later they'll say, "Oops!"

5. Organ meat.

6. The black Chuckle in the pack of Chuckles. Also add Good and Plenty, if it is still produced, and anything involving black licorice.

7. Beets. If God wanted us to eat beets he wouldn't have made them magenta.

8. Coconut anything.

9. Coffee anything.

10. Tomatoes (Qualifier: I love stuff like sauce, juice, soup, ketchup. Just don't like tomatoes.)

~ Would you play the role of DeeJay (DJ) for a party of 63 year olds? Of course.

~ Have you added anything to your diet recently that is a step toward better nutrition and flavor enjoyment? Nope

~ Is your town/city/village/whatever doing something stupid for Christmas? No. They did that when they switched the parade from daytime to nighttime a few years ago. It's tomorrow night.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:26 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,432,855 times
[quote=rainroosty;50342166]~ A time when you would use great scrutiny...:

In public around strangers.

Help clean up.

I'd probably sit and observe.

A quanalofican.

I don't dislike it, but whether I eat it or pull it off depends on whether or not I care at that particular moment.

I don't know what other people think of as good.

I don't relate.

I hate 18-wheelers because they're scary and intimidating but they're also important and would put people out of jobs if they went away.

Milk, yogurt, cold cheese, ice cream, white salad dressings, cream based anything, artificial blueberry flavoring, coffee, alcoholic beverages, maple flavored anything, beef, pork, eggs, weird exotic meats.

Maybe.

It was fine.

Not for flavor enjoyment but I recently started taking kelp supplements because I diagnosed myself with an iodine deficiency and I'm seeing some benefits.

Not that I know of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics