Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 08:54 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times

Advertisements

Greetings from cold, snowy northwest Indiana! We got our first good snow of the season on Saturday and everything looks so beautiful in its blanket of white. I love winter. Speaking of which . . . scroll on down and take a gander at

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever owned a snow globe?

When you were a kid, did you ever make a snow globe using glitter and a small jar?

When I was a little kid, I had some blades that I strapped onto my shoes so that I could ice skate. They looked like these: https://img1.etsystatic.com/112/0/11...41943_e27u.jpg. Have you ever owned or known someone who owned ice blades like these?

The 2018 Olympic Winter Games will start in about 8 weeks. Will you watch any of the games?

Have you ever watched the curling competition?

Which Olympic winter sport do you think is the most dangerous?

Which would you most like to try?

BONUS QUESTIONS

What is your favorite kind of bread?

Have you ever made bread from scratch?

Do you like "quick breads" such as banana, zucchini or pumpkin bread?

You may have only one condiment on your toast. Which condiment will you choose?

Do you like biscuits that come in a tube and you bake them yourself?

Honey is not only sweetly delicious, but it also has antibiotic properties and is good for you. When is the last time you consumed honey and what did you have it on/in?

RANDOM EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Did you study a foreign language in school -- elementary, middle, high or college?

How many languages can you speak, read and write besides English?

Where in your home do you most often eat supper?

Do you have a set of TV trays?

How often do you wear a ring?

If you wear eyeglasses, do yours need cleaning right now?

That's all she wrote! It's time to call it a wrap and say nighty-night. Have a totally terrific Tuesday, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:11 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS
- Yes

When you were a kid, did you ever make a snow globe using glitter and a small jar? - No

When I was a little kid, I had some blades that I strapped onto my shoes so that I could ice skate. They looked like these: https://img1.etsystatic.com/112/0/11...41943_e27u.jpg. Have you ever owned or known someone who owned ice blades like these? - Nope

The 2018 Olympic Winter Games will start in about 8 weeks. Will you watch any of the games? - Nope

Have you ever watched the curling competition? - Haven't

Which Olympic winter sport do you think is the most dangerous? - Maybe skiing

Which would you most like to try? - If there was such a thing as amateur bobsled then maybe...

BONUS QUESTIONS

- Spring Mill 7 Grain Crunch

Have you ever made bread from scratch? - Banana bread many times.

Do you like "quick breads" such as banana, zucchini or pumpkin bread? ^

You may have only one condiment on your toast. Which condiment will you choose? - Honey

Do you like biscuits that come in a tube and you bake them yourself? - Haven't made in decades

Honey is not only sweetly delicious, but it also has antibiotic properties and is good for you. When is the last time you consumed honey and what did you have it on/in? - Yesterday I had a peanut butter, honey, and raisin sandwich. Super yummy!

RANDOM EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Did you study a foreign language in school -- elementary, middle, high or college?
- French, partially in 5th and 6th grades. I remember a little.

How many languages can you speak, read and write besides English? - None

Where in your home do you most often eat supper? - All meals are eaten on my computer desk. I do not have a kitchen table.

Do you have a set of TV trays? - Yes but haven't been used in years.

How often do you wear a ring? - Never

If you wear eyeglasses, do yours need cleaning right now? - I clean mine once per day.

That's all she wrote! It's time to call it a wrap and say nighty-night. Have a totally terrific Tuesday, everyone! - Thank you and good night!

Last edited by John13; 12-11-2017 at 09:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 09:19 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
Greetings from cold, snowy northwest Indiana! We got our first good snow of the season on Saturday and everything looks so beautiful in its blanket of white. I love winter. Speaking of which . . . scroll on down and take a gander at

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever owned a snow globe? There was one in the family many years ago, I don't remember whatever happened to it after mom & dad moved.

When you were a kid, did you ever make a snow globe using glitter and a small jar? No,,,, never heard of doing that..... Sounds interesting.

When I was a little kid, I had some blades that I strapped onto my shoes so that I could ice skate. They looked like these: https://img1.etsystatic.com/112/0/11...41943_e27u.jpg. Have you ever owned or known someone who owned ice blades like these? No

The 2018 Olympic Winter Games will start in about 8 weeks. Will you watch any of the games? I don't think I'd spend too much time watching.

Have you ever watched the curling competition? Yes but I didn't watch it very long.

Which Olympic winter sport do you think is the most dangerous? Watching it while at a bar

BONUS QUESTIONS

What is your favorite kind of bread? I like rye bark or light

Have you ever made bread from scratch? no

Do you like "quick breads" such as banana, zucchini or pumpkin bread?I enjoy banana bread

You may have only one condiment on your toast. Which condiment will you choose? blueberry jam

Do you like biscuits that come in a tube and you bake them yourself? Not bad but I generally done have them around

Honey is not only sweetly delicious, but it also has antibiotic properties and is good for you. When is the last time you consumed honey and what did you have it on/in? last week I had honey with oatmeal

RANDOM EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Did you study a foreign language in school -- elementary, middle, high or college? I was lucky to get English down...........

Where in your home do you most often eat supper? family room just off the kitchen

Do you have a set of TV trays? all the time.

How often do you wear a ring? almost never, it was a safety issue when I was working so I just never wore them.

If you wear eyeglasses, do yours need cleaning right now? no,,,,

That's all she wrote! It's time to call it a wrap and say nighty-night. Have a totally terrific Tuesday, everyone!

Last edited by AksarbeN; 12-11-2017 at 09:42 PM..

Old 12-11-2017, 10:24 PM

44,628 posts, read 61,611,846 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever owned a snow globe? I think we have one packed away somewhere.

When you were a kid, did you ever make a snow globe using glitter and a small jar? Nope.

When I was a little kid, I had some blades that I strapped onto my shoes so that I could ice skate. They looked like these: https://img1.etsystatic.com/112/0/11...41943_e27u.jpg. Have you ever owned or known someone who owned ice blades like these? Nope.

The 2018 Olympic Winter Games will start in about 8 weeks. Will you watch any of the games? Maybe, will depend on what else is on at the time.

Have you ever watched the curling competition? Yes, boooooring.

Which Olympic winter sport do you think is the most dangerous? Downhill skiing, or the luge.

Which would you most like to try? Finger curling with 16oz beer stein.

BONUS QUESTIONS

What is your favorite kind of bread? Rye.

Have you ever made bread from scratch? Nope.

Do you like "quick breads" such as banana, zucchini or pumpkin bread? Banana.

You may have only one condiment on your toast. Which condiment will you choose? Honey.

Do you like biscuits that come in a tube and you bake them yourself? They're okay.

Honey is not only sweetly delicious, but it also has antibiotic properties and is good for you. When is the last time you consumed honey and what did you have it on/in? Every morning at breakfast I have an English muffin with honey.

RANDOM EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Did you study a foreign language in school -- elementary, middle, high or college? Español.

How many languages can you speak, read and write besides English? Uno.

Where in your home do you most often eat supper? At the table in the dining area.

Do you have a set of TV trays? Did at one time, not anymore.

How often do you wear a ring? Daily.

If you wear eyeglasses, do yours need cleaning right now? Readers only and they probably need cleaning right now.

Thanks Pam

Old 12-11-2017, 11:25 PM

21,541 posts, read 8,724,324 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Yes, I have two. Both were gifts.
When you were a kid, did you ever make a snow globe using glitter and a small jar?
No, I didn't realize you could do that.
When I was a little kid, I had some blades that I strapped onto my shoes so that I could ice skate. They looked like these: https://img1.etsystatic.com/112/0/11...41943_e27u.jpg. Have you ever owned or known someone who owned ice blades like these?
No, as a California kid I only got to ice skate at indoor rinks where they have the regular lace-up skates for rent.
The 2018 Olympic Winter Games will start in about 8 weeks. Will you watch any of the games?
Yes, I am looking forward to the skiing and figure skating.
ZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzz Did you say something? I think I must have drifted off. ZzzzzZzzzZzzzZZZZZzzzz
Skeleton, downhill ski racing
Ice hockey

BONUS QUESTIONS

Whole wheat or sourdough.
Yes, my mother taught me.
I used to like them more than I do now.
Butter
Yes, they're pretty good. I made some for Thanksgiving.
Honey is not only sweetly delicious, but it also has antibiotic properties and is good for you. When is the last time you consumed honey and what did you have it on/in?
I had some in my tea a couple of weeks ago.

RANDOM EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Yes, I studied Spanish in middle school and French in high school and college.
None fluently, but I know some tourist Spanish, German and French.
The dining room.
No.
Most of the time I wear a wedding ring.
Yes. I cleaned them once today, but already there's a smudge.

Thanks, Pam!

Old 12-11-2017, 11:39 PM

38,886 posts, read 22,870,508 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever owned a snow globe? No.

When you were a kid, did you ever make a snow globe using glitter and a small jar? No.

When I was a little kid, I had some blades that I strapped onto my shoes so that I could ice skate. They looked like these: https://img1.etsystatic.com/112/0/11...41943_e27u.jpg. Have you ever owned or known someone who owned ice blades like these? No and no.

The 2018 Olympic Winter Games will start in about 8 weeks. Will you watch any of the games? I might sneak a peek.

Have you ever watched the curling competition? No. It doesn't sound very exciting.

Which Olympic winter sport do you think is the most dangerous? Downhill skiing or the luge.

Which would you most like to try? None, especially since I don't like cold weather.

BONUS QUESTIONS

What is your favorite kind of bread? Freshly-baked French bread.

Have you ever made bread from scratch? No.

Do you like "quick breads" such as banana, zucchini or pumpkin bread? Yes but I've never had pumpkin bread.

You may have only one condiment on your toast. Which condiment will you choose? Grape jelly.

Do you like biscuits that come in a tube and you bake them yourself? Sure, those aren't bad.

Honey is not only sweetly delicious, but it also has antibiotic properties and is good for you. When is the last time you consumed honey and what did you have it on/in? This morning mixed with my hot cup of lemon water and coconut oil.

RANDOM EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Did you study a foreign language in school -- elementary, middle, high or college? Yes, I took Spanish in high school.

How many languages can you speak, read and write besides English? None. I wish I was fluent in another language, though.

Where in your home do you most often eat supper? At my computer desk. I eat and web surf at the same time.

Do you have a set of TV trays? No.

How often do you wear a ring? I don't wear rings.

If you wear eyeglasses, do yours need cleaning right now? Yes and I have my cleaning cloth handy.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Old 12-12-2017, 12:25 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,003,579 times

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

I did about 50 years ago

I did not have enough talent to pull that off.

I might have. I never thought to ask them if they owned funky looking skates.

Will probably watch bobsledding

I have

Snowball fighting.

If it all the same I will just hang out at the lodge with my fake cast on my leg.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Freshly baked still just out of the oven warm. Does not matter the type.

Does scratching while someone else makes the bread count?

Banana bread is ok as long as it is moist. Zucchini is most excellent when it is sent to an address far, far away from me.

How do you expect me to answer this question when you have left some very important details? Am I just eating toast? Am I having cheese or meat on the toast? How many cheap beers have I had just before trying to place the condiment on the toast? Am I toast if I incorrectly answer this question?

Not sure. I have always been too traumatized by the anticipation of when the tube will pop open as I pull on the paper peel to actually bake them.

I buy peanut butter that claims to have honey in it. However I think it is more like a honey bee flew by the factory as the peanut butter was being packaged.

RANDOM EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

I am not sure if the 5 weeks of Spanish I took in the 5 weeks of fifth grade I attended while in Oklahoma City counts.

I am hoping that someday I learn English. Not going any further than that.

Near the TV

I had one a few years back. Don't remember if it made the move with me a few years back.

The closest I come to wearing a ring is when I have ring around the collar.

Sure, give the people that wear glasses one more question than what the non-glasses wearing types get?

. <-- I am too upset over getting one less question than the people that wear glasses to come up with anything clever to say about the dot.

Old 12-12-2017, 12:30 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

When you were a kid, did you ever make a snow globe using glitter and a small jar? No.

When I was a little kid, I had some blades that I strapped onto my shoes so that I could ice skate. They looked like these: https://img1.etsystatic.com/112/0/11...41943_e27u.jpg. Have you ever owned or known someone who owned ice blades like these? No.

Sure! The Winter Olympics are my favorite Olympics by far!!!!
I love the Ice Skating and Ice Dancing competitions, especially! Usually I'll catch some of the Luge and Skiing and Snowboarding
matches as well...and maybe even an Ice Hockey competition or two.

I don't remember...I don't think so.
Probably skiing or Luge.
None....I am an observer!

BONUS QUESTIONS

Whole Wheat, Rye, Sour Dough or Herb Bread....I do also like raisin Bread a lot.
Sure...we have a bread maker...but back in the seventies I use to make it from scratch by hand!

Butter
They are okay, in a pinch, but I like homemade the best.

It was a biscuit I believe....yes, I love Honey.

RANDOM EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Spanish briefly. (My Son studied Spanish, Latin and Japanese though)
None...haven't even mastered English yet.
Dining Room.
No
Never...I hate Jewellery.
Now that you mention it...they could!

Ditto!
Happy Tuesday to all!

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 12-12-2017 at 12:39 AM..

Old 12-12-2017, 01:45 AM

3,070 posts, read 1,681,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Have you ever owned a snow globe? A few. I have 2 now.

When you were a kid, did you ever make a snow globe using glitter and a small jar? Nope.

When I was a little kid, I had some blades that I strapped onto my shoes so that I could ice skate. They looked like these: https://img1.etsystatic.com/112/0/11...41943_e27u.jpg. Have you ever owned or known someone who owned ice blades like these? Nope. Ice skating wasn't available in my area.

The 2018 Olympic Winter Games will start in about 8 weeks. Will you watch any of the games? Not much.

Have you ever watched the curling competition? The Olympics is now I first learned of it. Boring as watching paint dry, and I have trouble considering it a sport.

Which Olympic winter sport do you think is the most dangerous? Skiing.

Which would you most like to try? None. Not true. The luge actually looks fun to me.

BONUS QUESTIONS

What is your favorite kind of bread? White.

Have you ever made bread from scratch? Batter bread.

Do you like "quick breads" such as banana, zucchini or pumpkin bread? Love them.

You may have only one condiment on your toast. Which condiment will you choose? Butter.

Do you like biscuits that come in a tube and you bake them yourself? They're fine but I don't buy them.

Honey is not only sweetly delicious, but it also has antibiotic properties and is good for you. When is the last time you consumed honey and what did you have it on/in? On a Popeye's biscuit a few nights ago. I also eat a tbsp of honey when I have a sore throat ~ works better than in tea.

RANDOM EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Did you study a foreign language in school -- elementary, middle, high or college? Just Spanish.

How many languages can you speak, read and write besides English? None.
I can understand a little Spanish and a little Portuguese, but not enough to carry on a conversation. But... I used to know just enough sign language to communicate. I've lost that skill.

Where in your home do you most often eat supper? Livingroom.

Do you have a set of TV trays? Yes but I rarely use them.

How often do you wear a ring? I wear two on my left hand at all times - my mother's "mother's ring" that is temporarily my wedding ring, and on my pinky is a Black Hills gold ring that my husband gave me in our dating years. I wear lots of rings on my other hand when I'm going out somewhere.

If you wear eyeglasses, do yours need cleaning right now? I wear glasses when I don't feel like wearing contacts. Cleaned them this morning.

Thanks, PJ. Fun questions!

Old 12-12-2017, 03:48 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,008,695 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

yes

When you were a kid, did you ever make a snow globe using glitter and a small jar? no

When I was a little kid, I had some blades that I strapped onto my shoes so that I could ice skate. They looked like these: https://img1.etsystatic.com/112/0/11...41943_e27u.jpg. Have you ever owned or known someone who owned ice blades like these? no

The 2018 Olympic Winter Games will start in about 8 weeks. Will you watch any of the games? Maybe - Never watch the summer games but do try to watch some of the winter ones.

Have you ever watched the curling competition? no

Which Olympic winter sport do you think is the most dangerous? luge

BONUS QUESTIONS

Italian and rye with caraway seeds

Have you ever made bread from scratch? no

Do you like "quick breads" such as banana, zucchini or pumpkin bread? banana

butter

Do you like biscuits that come in a tube and you bake them yourself? yes but don't make them.

Honey is not only sweetly delicious, but it also has antibiotic properties and is good for you. When is the last time you consumed honey and what did you have it on/in? fried chicken but don't keep it in the home.

RANDOM EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

yes - French, Spanish and Italian

none (use it or lose it) but I can usually get the gist of written Spanish by reading it.

Where in your home do you most often eat supper? In front of TV

Do you have a set of TV trays? no

How often do you wear a ring? never

If you wear eyeglasses, do yours need cleaning right now? yes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics