Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 12:55 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,775,037 times

Advertisements

[quote=rainroosty;50405108]~ What the heck is 'Chickarina'?

A nickname?
~ Did you ever eat a matzoh ball?

Not yet.
~ Do you think you could find your way to the South Pole and what would that map look like?

Hop on a plane and the map would be circular and white.
~ Where and from...have you taken any rides by train/rail?

Many. In the outback in Australia. It was 32 hours one way. To and from Chicago many times.
~ What kind of soup did you have this week?

Minestrone.
~ Are you okay with marinara being legal?

I wish!
~ Where can we find some 'orbs'?
I have pictures of some in my attic after a rather scary incident with the teenagers
~ Have you more than 1 device that you can get online with...in case one stops working...so that you can get here to Other Topics?

Yes but it's very difficult on my phone.

~ Have you ever entered a store/business and you noticed that someone who works there is watching you, as though you might be a shoplifter?

Not for a very long time.

~ Who here is a quiet person...on the overall?

~ An indoor event that you have been to, other than a concert or movie:

Roller skating this morning.

~ Today you can have whatever you want for free! It should be something to put in your home, usable or just for looks/fun!

What would you like?

There is this Chicago Mosaic antique lamp with a tree root base that I've been wanting for over a year. We made a reasonable offer on EBay that was rejected so they decided to raise the price. It's been for sale for over a year now.
~ Is it okay for Spring weather to arrive now?

NO!

~ A musical performance you would like to have seen but did not see:

When I was in high school I had a friend with connections and he offered me first row to Genesis. I didn't know much about them and turned it down.
**** We are all supposed to say 'Gee-Boy-Howdy' aloud today...but how many of us really will? I think I will.
See ya! ****

Nope I'm not saying that.

A little bird told me that it's Bay's birthday today. Lets wish her a Happy Happy and many more today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 01:30 PM

7,990 posts, read 5,372,483 times
Quite the messy, treacherous roads to drive home on my commute...

~ What the heck is 'Chickarina'? I have no idea.

~ Did you ever eat a matzoh ball?

~ Do you think you could find your way to the South Pole and what would that map look like?

~ Where and from...have you taken any rides by train/rail?
Many in the USA and abroad. Most spectacular one: Flåm Railway

~ What kind of soup did you have this week? Minestrone

~ Are you okay with marinara being legal? Isn't it already?Having some with my pasta tonight!

~ Where can we find some 'orbs'? I have no idea.

~ Have you more than 1 device that you can get online with...in case one stops working...so that you can get here to Other Topics? Yes

~ Have you ever entered a store/business and you noticed that someone who works there is watching you, as though you might be a shoplifter?

~ Who here is a quiet person...on the overall? Overall, no. But there are times I can be very quiet.

~ An indoor event that you have been to, other than a concert or movie: Wanda Sykes-stand up comedy act

~ Today you can have whatever you want for free! It should be something to put in your home, usable or just for looks/fun!

What would you like? Additional cabinets in kitchen

~ Is it okay for Spring weather to arrive now? NOOOOO! Even with the snowy/icy roads today on my way home, I am not ready to give up Winter yet!

~ A musical performance you would like to have seen but did not see: Luciano Pavarotti

Ready for a nap...

Old 12-15-2017, 01:39 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,321,530 times
~ What the heck is 'Chickarina'? Not a clue unless I look it up.

~ Did you ever eat a matzoh ball? Nope.

~ Do you think you could find your way to the South Pole and what would that map look like? I'm sure I could with a compass but would I? Nope.

~ Where and from...have you taken any rides by train/rail? I'm sure some of the public systems I have ridden on in the U.S. were on rails but I know for certain I rode a train along the coast to and from work every day in Chile in the 1980s. The train traveled between Vina del Mar and Valparaiso. While there I also took a train into the Andes from Valparaiso.

~ What kind of soup did you have this week? Chicken noodle.

~ Are you okay with marinara being legal? As long as it is regulated by the FDA and doesn't come from Mexico, I say go for it.

~ Where can we find some 'orbs'? In my living room.

~ Have you more than 1 device that you can get online with...in case one stops working...so that you can get here to Other Topics? Sure. I have two laptops, two desktops and one smart phone.

~ Have you ever entered a store/business and you noticed that someone who works there is watching you, as though you might be a shoplifter? I'm sure I have but not that I ever noticed.

~ Who here is a quiet person...on the overall? Somewhat.

~ An indoor event that you have been to, other than a concert or movie: I'm sure I have but the only times that come to mind were in New Orleans. Once I had to inspect some equipment at a shipping and industrial equipment show inside the Super Dome and once I had to construct and represent my government agency at a flower and garden show.

What would you like? You may install new windows and more insulation at this farm house anytime you wish.

~ Is it okay for Spring weather to arrive now? I was ready at the end of summer this year.

~ A musical performance you would like to have seen but did not see: So many. I really regret not ever seeing BB King in a live performance. Others include Waylon Jennings, Buddy Holly, Merle Haggard, George Jones, . . .

Old 12-15-2017, 07:01 PM

38,819 posts, read 22,807,745 times
~ What the heck is 'Chickarina'? Possibly a pet name for a hen.

~ Did you ever eat a matzoh ball? Yes, in soup. Delicious!

~ Do you think you could find your way to the South Pole and what would that map look like? Maybe if I took the Pan American Highway all the way to Tierra del Fuego, then a ship from there. Map would be unremarkable.

~ Where and from...have you taken any rides by train/rail? When I was a kid visiting my relatives in the Philippines, we took the train from my mom's hometown to my dad's hometown, a distance of about 30 miles. Over here, took the Amtrak from Santa Ana to Del Mar, then back again.

~ What kind of soup did you have this week? Right now, I'm having chicken noodle soup with 2 eggs and broccoli florets mixed in.

~ Are you okay with marinara being legal? I thought it was already legal. I have it in my spaghetti.

~ Where can we find some 'orbs'? In the heavenly skies.

~ Have you more than 1 device that you can get online with...in case one stops working...so that you can get here to Other Topics? I have access to more than one computer here. I could also connect with my smartphone but I don't have Wifi.

~ Have you ever entered a store/business and you noticed that someone who works there is watching you, as though you might be a shoplifter? I never paid attention.

~ Who here is a quiet person...on the overall? I can be quiet very easily.

~ An indoor event that you have been to, other than a concert or movie: Musicals and plays where my nieces perform at their community theater.

What would you like? A maintenance-free saltwater tropical fish aquarium.

~ Is it okay for Spring weather to arrive now? If it's cooler than the weather we've had this past week, bring it on.

~ A musical performance you would like to have seen but did not see: Carmen or Phantom of the Opera.

TGIF!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics