Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2011, 04:06 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
Glass of Coca Cola and a piece of pie for 0.20 cents.
At the corner drug store. (aka Walgreens)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 06:43 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
I remember when your TV was on the "blink"......you actually called a repairman to come to your house to fix it....LOL...and he came.....ROFL.....usually to replace a vacuum tube and he carried a caseful of them.

I also remember if you were really sick.....the Doctor would come to your house as well....I was a kid and had that dreaded Hong Kong flu.......that was wicked.

Those were the days.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:24 PM

I'm so old I remember:

When most(not all) vehicles had manual brakes, manual steering and a 3 speed shift on the column.

If you've ever driven one, you'll remember the difference when switching to power.

I'd like to see someone try to "text" while driving a vehicle with manual steering.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 02-13-2011 at 08:34 PM..

Old 02-13-2011, 08:42 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,408,574 times
Talking sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDNANAPAT View Post
I must be older than thou! I remember voting for the first time for Kennedy. I remember that we were the first to get a TV on our block. I remember thinking that climbing trees and steling little green apples was a really sneaky thing to do. I remember my dad taking the bus to work, so he could pay for the first house that he purchased for our family, that cost $7,000 and my uncle told him he was paying too much. I remember when there were no freeways, just roads. I remember when dogs could roam our neighborhood and they always came back home. I remember having our Irish Setters (2) pull us down the middle of our road in winter, on a sled made for snow. It was amazing!
I remember the first time I ever saw Kennedy. His picture was hanging on the wall behind the cash register in our cafeteria. I had 'milk duty' that day and received a free lunch for pulling a red wagon through the halls delivering little tiny 1/2 pints of milk to all the classrooms. Do you know...on this particular day we were being served 'hot dogs in a boat'...'member those? I loved cafeteria food. mmmmmm especially 'seconds'.

I also remember 'Helms Bakery Trucks'. They used to make the rounds of all the bus stops in the neighborhoods before school w/their pull-out trays of fresh/warm donuts. LOLOL...I had a bit of a tummy when I was little...lolol..

Remember this...'Don't cook tonight..call Chicken Delight!' ha ha ha...
Koale

Old 02-13-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
I remember the first time I ever saw Kennedy. His picture was hanging on the wall behind the cash register in our cafeteria.
Quote:
I had 'milk duty' that day and received a free lunch for pulling a red wagon through the halls delivering little tiny 1/2 pints of milk to all the classrooms.
Do you know...on this particular day we were being served 'hot dogs in a boat'...'member those? I loved cafeteria food. mmmmmm especially 'seconds'.

I also remember 'Helms Bakery Trucks'. They used to make the rounds of all the bus stops in the neighborhoods before school w/their pull-out trays of fresh/warm donuts. LOLOL...I had a bit of a tummy when I was little...lolol..

Remember this...'Don't cook tonight..call Chicken Delight!' ha ha ha...
Koale
I'm so old, I remember getting a small bottle of that milk when I was in kindergarden(60's) just before taking a knap on a rug.
(in NW Michigan)

Old 02-13-2011, 10:21 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,347,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
At the corner drug store. (aka Walgreens)
Or at Kresge's and J J Newberry's. Both 5 and dime stores.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Or at Kresge's and J J Newberry's. Both 5 and dime stores.
Ben Franklins was a 5-n-dime too, but I never seen any with a snack counter.

I'm so old, I remember buying gold fish at the 5-N-dime for 5-10 cents.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:03 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,521,282 times
I actually remember when going streaking was not only "cool" but many of us actually did it......including myself.

Streaking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-13-2011, 11:46 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,347,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I actually remember when going streaking was not only "cool" but many of us actually did it......including myself.

Streaking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I remember when skinney dipping was popular also. Yes I've streaked and gone skinney dipping.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:52 PM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
I'm so old I remember...

Collecting corn cobs for the outhouses...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics