Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 12:53 PM

126,279 posts, read 19,048,524 times

Advertisements

I never made new year resolutions....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2017, 01:13 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,116,169 times
  • Earn more, spend less
  • Unplug myself from technology in my social time
  • Reduce the boozing/partying/silly bimboisms etc.
  • Somehow find my female curves again by putting some weight on rather than looking like a stick with a mop on top.
  • Be patient with non-techie customers
  • Not to moan at Apple products
  • Don't get involved in politics, especially Brexit.
  • Get a bigger swear box
  • Laugh at previous years' <failed> resolutions

Old 01-01-2018, 11:58 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,711,744 times
I got tired of making same weight loss resolutions year after year. Now I am trying to make SMART goals for the year:
  • To not use contour when doing my make up. i hate that look but still do it
  • To try experimenting with different lipstick to figure out how to make it stay on my lips for few hours
  • To read 2 books in 2018 (working my way up from 1 in 2017)
  • To attend 1 spiritual class or conference to get my soul in right path (did non in 2017)
  • To get pregnant and have a healthy baby (more of a prayer than resolution, been trying for 2 years)
  • To try acupuncture to aid fertility (sounds scary)
  • To stop worrying about my look so much this year (i guess that contradicts my first two goal but i have been look obsess last 2 years, bit too much)
  • To open an investment account on fidelity & real invest not just 401K or HSA account.
  • Meet with one coworker/manager/mentor to discuss my career path (figure out where I am going, I been cruising for while in hope of having baby and then picking up my career but baby is taking too long and career shouldn't be on hold because of personal desire)
  • Do a 5K run in less than hour, maybe the color
run (if i am not pregnant by then)

Old 01-01-2018, 10:47 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,026,543 times
1. Never post in this forum again.
2. Never read this forum again.
3. Never drink again
4. Never get mad at myself if I break all the above rules. A lot. Especially the drinking one.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:53 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
A few........so far

1. Go after projects when they come in.

I have a lot of ordered material that is still sitting around, waiting to be unboxed and put into action. Some of it has to wait since something else has gotten infront of it for a need, but now, I am trying to address it as soon as possible. Unfortunately, that leads to another resolution of ........

2. Be ready to put things off for another day if time constraints are leading to frustration.

Something that came in last week I was trying to put together in the hour before I had to turn to something else. It wasn't going well, so I told myself, okay, stop, look at it in the morning.

Interestingly enough, this was sort of a lesson I learned that hard way many years ago. We were moving an underwater platform from one location to another. It was my plan and I had set a cutoff time 2 hours before sunset. I had allowed another diver, however, to convince me to push to sunset, that we could get it done that day. We rushed, we dropped the platform in 50 feet of water, and it took teams 2-4 weeks to find it again.

3. Less time on the Net, more time with the kittens.

4. Get to work earlier, give myself at least 90 minutes between awake and take off.

5. Get my taxes done in April like most people do.

6. Read more.

7. Write more.

8. Try for more mermaid workshops.

More to follow, I'm sure.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:53 PM

343 posts, read 229,710 times
Try to keep the house clean! Really this year I'll be happy with just the kitchen. This will involve cooking meals that don't use 3 cutting boards and all our pots, special knives etc. One dinner should not equal 2 or 3 loads of dishes afterwards!

Old 01-19-2018, 06:26 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,595,230 times
Never make a single one. No use at my age.

Old 01-23-2018, 03:39 PM

3,958 posts, read 2,573,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I always say I’m not going to make any for the next year but it seems that I end up with thinking of one or two before I know it, and most of the time I can never keep the ones I’ve made. I have a few for 2018, what’s yours?

1 Don’t worry about the small stuff
2 Avoid getting angry at the news
3 Get up earlier and take a walk in the morning hours
4 Eat less and more healthy
5 Stop yelling at the tv news when it’s on
6 Pick up after myself more
7 Stop procrastinating
8 Remember the first 7 on the list.
No worries about no. 2 and 5 ... i don't watch the news!
It's not a resolution- I will be joining a gym.

One i can report...

I resolve not to post any to New Year's Resolution threads. Dang! Broken already!

Last edited by Wild Flower; 01-23-2018 at 04:18 PM..

Old 12-28-2018, 11:47 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Am I too early for 2019?

Well, first let's look at last year's and where they stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
A few........so far

1. Go after projects when they come in.

I have a lot of ordered material that is still sitting around, waiting to be unboxed and put into action. Some of it has to wait since something else has gotten infront of it for a need, but now, I am trying to address it as soon as possible. Unfortunately, that leads to another resolution of ........
Well, I want to expand that one which hasn't been done and that is, open my mail on that day it comes out of the mail box.
Quote:
2. Be ready to put things off for another day if time constraints are leading to frustration.
Okay, that one is done, being moved to day shift has taught me that.

Quote:
3. Less time on the Net, more time with the kittens.
Sort of.....I am here at the Net with a cat on my lap.

Quote:
4. Get to work earlier, give myself at least 90 minutes between awake and take off.
Done because of a change of work shifts.
Quote:
5. Get my taxes done in April like most people do.
Maybe this year.
Quote:

6. Read more.
Trying. Have two open books by the bed, one from this month........one from last summer.

Quote:
7. Write more.
Sigh....not yet.
Quote:

8. Try for more mermaid workshops.
Oh yes, but need to find balance in the schedule, balance in the finances.
More to follow, I'm sure.

So...o, for 2019?

1. Not to chase after those men who only talk when I talk to them.

2. Unpack a box a day.

3. Put my dance room in operation.

4. Fill my water bottles when I empty them.

5. Drink less.

6. Get more use out of my machines.

7. Get more in balance with the day light (after working nights for 26 years).

8. Define the world in my terms.

9. Special Projects, at least have them constantly on the mind.

10. Write my Resolutions down in my day planner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndCatsForAll View Post
Try to keep the house clean! Really this year I'll be happy with just the kitchen. This will involve cooking meals that don't use 3 cutting boards and all our pots, special knives etc. One dinner should not equal 2 or 3 loads of dishes afterwards!
Well, for me, that is rather a two sided sword. On the Resolution side, there is not to treat dinner like a grand celebration. Why is it that breakfast is so simple but dinner is so complex?

But on the other hand, putting effort into a meal does give me joy. I guess I am just motivated by the kitchens I have seen in "Fair Haired Hare", "The Witches of Eastwick", "Kiss the girls,", things like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I always say I’m not going to make any for the next year but it seems that I end up with thinking of one or two before I know it, and most of the time I can never keep the ones I’ve made. I have a few for 2018, what’s yours?

1 Don’t worry about the small stuff
2 Avoid getting angry at the news
3 Get up earlier and take a walk in the morning hours
4 Eat less and more healthy
5 Stop yelling at the tv news when it’s on
6 Pick up after myself more
7 Stop procrastinating
8 Remember the first 7 on the list.
All good ones and #8 is why I am thinking of writing these down in my day planners, so I can refer to them constantly. I've used two day planners for a few years. One for the appointments (lots of use), the other for an exercise journal, but while somewhat active, I haven't been marking in it.

The news one is interesting for since I do not have TV as it is known, I think it has helped in dropping my stress. It is also interesting from the two right wing co workers who think it would be a great idea for us to live like the Golden Girls.........No, I don't think so.

6 is good and I should do that, put the laundry away when it comes out of the dryer, stop living from laundry stack to laundry stack.......the cats will sure be disappointed, though.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 12-28-2018 at 12:02 PM..

Old 12-28-2018, 09:33 PM

110 posts, read 36,572 times
Good for you TamaraSavannah for doing some

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Tin Man
No commitment !
Eh I dont either........ I respect those who do though.... If they can keep them more power to em but its not easy to do!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics