Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 02:10 PM

7,367 posts, read 5,480,532 times

Advertisements

]All wrapped up with a bow for your perusal here are . . .

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever gone out in cold or rainy weather without an adequate wrap? Yes but not intentionally

Who was the last person to rap on your front door? UPS

What's the last subject you rapped (chatted) about in conversation? The movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding and how funny it was.

Describe a gift wrap design you have seen or one you have on hand? I use gift bags mostly

Other than these questions can you tell us something that held your rapt attention? The weather changing outside

Have you ever been blamed or taken the rap for something you didn't do? Yes

How do you feel when you see discarded food wrappers in parking lots or elsewhere? Disgusted

Have you ever picked up and trashed the wrappers others left behind? Yes

Foodie Question(s):
Sandwich or wrap? Wrap

Well, you're getting a wrap. So what do you want in yours? Chicken, rice, cheese, lettuce, tomato’s.

In your opinion, are there foods or condiments that work better in a wrap versus a sandwich or vice versa? Cant think of any.

Just for fun:
Those prone to falling off horses may want to answer this next question carefully.
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you wish you had been the rider in Today's Picture? 2

Today's Anonymous Quote:
"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it
is like wrapping a present and not giving it."

Today’s Word:
perusal [puh-ROO-zuhl] noun
the act of reading, surveying, or studying
ex. perusal of books, data, information, etc.
Origin: "use up, wear out, go through," from Middle English "per-" (completely) + "use"

Today's Picture:
Rider's point of view on a snowy trail, Germany

That's a wrap ! Happy Thursday! [/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2018, 03:11 PM

12,229 posts, read 2,964,782 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever gone out in cold or rainy weather without an adequate wrap?
I have and lived to regret it. lol

Who was the last person to rap on your front door? A plumber we called to the house a couple weeks ago.

What's the last subject you rapped (chatted) about in conversation?
With hubby about a tree that has fallen down in our yard. The soil is saturated with water and the roots were already weak.

Describe a gift wrap design you have seen or one you have on hand?
Silver with bells.

Other than these questions can you tell us something that held your rapt attention?
A documentary about Americans struggling economically.

Have you ever been blamed or taken the rap for something you didn't do?
I sure have.

How do you feel when you see discarded food wrappers in parking lots or elsewhere?
Angry.

Have you ever picked up and trashed the wrappers others left behind?
If it's not too dirty.

Foodie Question(s):
Sandwich or wrap?
Wrap.

Well, you're getting a wrap. So what do you want in yours?
Lucky I wanted one. lol. May I please have roast turkey, bacon, tomatoes and French dressing.

In your opinion, are there foods or condiments that work better in a wrap versus a sandwich or vice versa?
Don't know.

Just for fun:
Those prone to falling off horses may want to answer this next question carefully.
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you wish you had been the rider in Today's Picture?
7 or 8.

Old 02-22-2018, 03:28 PM

343 posts, read 229,561 times
Have you ever gone out in cold or rainy weather without an adequate wrap? Constantly.
I'm all grown up but still hear "Mooooooommm I don't neeeed a coat" in my head.

Who was the last person to rap on your front door? The guy who did our roof a few years back came to help us with a piece that had blown off in a storm

What's the last subject you rapped (chatted) about in conversation? really? Cat vomit on a rug and how we had to get seltzer water to treat the stain

Describe a gift wrap design you have seen or one you have on hand? I have joke lunch bags I put gifts in. I have a stack on in the cabinet. They are meant to prevent people from swiping lunches at work (and they are effective too)- ie. take out bags from a place called "Mostly Meatballs"

Other than these questions can you tell us something that held your rapt attention? I give things my full attention

Have you ever been blamed or taken the rap for something you didn't do?Yes, and one time really stands out because it was the most embarrassing moment of my life- but I didn't do it. Worse than a fart- probably not appropriate here. I've already ruined someone's day with my previous answers level of ickiness

How do you feel when you see discarded food wrappers in parking lots or elsewhere? really really pissed off actually. It's not that hard to find a garbage pail. Show some respect for humans and nature and take the extra steps to not throw trash willy nilly

Have you ever picked up and trashed the wrappers others left behind? all the time

Foodie Question(s):
Sandwich or wrap? Sandwich

Well, you're getting a wrap. So what do you want in yours? avocado/ guacamole,
bacon, tomato and some sort of green like raw spinach or ramaine

In your opinion, are there foods or condiments that work better in a wrap versus a sandwich or vice versa?Ground meat is easier to eat in a wrap and meat salads- chicken, or egg salad type stuff is more sandwichy to me for some reason. But if you hand it to me in a wrap I'll take it and not give you a funny look I promise

Just for fun:
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you wish you had been the rider in Today's Picture?

Old 02-22-2018, 04:34 PM

622 posts, read 395,926 times
All wrapped up with a bow for your perusal here are . . .

Today's Question(s):
yes.
Who was the last person to rap on your front door?
a friend.
whether or not my business partner and I can afford to hire another person so we don't have to work 12 hour shifts 6 days a week.
a plaid design that works for most holidays and seasons.
Other than these questions can you tell us something that held your rapt attention?
I love watching a friend play the guitar. He's awesome!
yes.
How do you feel when you see discarded food wrappers in parking lots or elsewhere?
sad.
many many times.

Foodie Question(s):
Sandwich or wrap?
sandwich.
chicken breast, sauteed peppers and onions.
In your opinion, are there foods or condiments that work better in a wrap versus a sandwich or vice versa?
things that make bread soggy work better in a wrap, like sauteed peppers and onions.

Just for fun:
0. It looks pretty but too cold. Make that a beach and I'll give you a 10.

Today's Anonymous Quote:

Today’s Word:
Origin: "use up, wear out, go through," from Middle English "per-" (completely) + "use"

Today's Picture:

That's a wrap ! Happy Thursday!
Thanks bjh!

Old 02-23-2018, 12:59 AM

14,773 posts, read 8,103,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post

Today's Question(s):
Yes, esp. in those younger years.
Who was the last person to rap on your front door?
Church people. You can always tell!(I played dead!)
The School shootings, second amendment and gun control laws.
I think I have some gold foil wrap around here somewhere. Good for many occasions.

Yes.
Disgusting!
That is one of my biggest pet peeves and not too many things make me crazier than that. No excuse for people being lazy, sloppy pigs like that. (Makes me want to be a Police Woman so I can issue them a ticket and large fine!)

I have.

Foodie Question(s):
Sandwich or wrap?
I Like both okay...but sandwiches are my favorite.
Just a dab of shaved turkey, fresh spinach, tomatoes, onions and olives
Salad dressings and salsa's I like with wraps...mayo or Honey mustard on sandwiches

Just for fun:
Would love that, looks lovely! On second thought...maybe not, it looks really cold.

Today's Anonymous Quote:
is like wrapping a present and not giving it." So true!

Today’s Word:

Today's Picture:

That's a wrap ! Happy Thursday!
Ditto!
Hope you all had a great Thursday!

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 02-23-2018 at 01:21 AM..

Old 02-23-2018, 03:52 PM

44,352 posts, read 20,056,503 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever gone out in cold or rainy weather without an adequate wrap? Some people would say yes. It's not unusual for me to shovel snow with only a sweatshirt for outer wear, or a lightweight coat. I love cold weather, so I only bundle up when it's dangerously cold, as in less than, say, 15-20 degrees.

Who was the last person to rap on your front door? My boyfriend.

What's the last subject you rapped (chatted) about in conversation? Potholes in the streets all over the area. The weather is wreaking havoc with our roads this year. Three weeks ago two of my tires were destroyed when I hit an unseen pothole. It cost me $455 with towing and two new tires.

Describe a gift wrap design you have seen or one you have on hand? I have lots of Christmas gift wrap stored away; also have some gift wrap with brightly colored spring flowers on it.

Other than these questions can you tell us something that held your rapt attention? The ice skaters on the Olympics last night. Beautiful!

Have you ever been blamed or taken the rap for something you didn't do? Yes. At my previous job, a couple of times a lawyer royally screwed something up and blamed me for it so safe face with the client. The #($*%&^#$ jerk!

How do you feel when you see discarded food wrappers in parking lots or elsewhere? I hate that. If I have the time and if it's safe, I'll pick up a wrapper and throw it away.

Have you ever picked up and trashed the wrappers others left behind? Hahah. Yes.

Foodie Question(s):
Sandwich or wrap? Depends on the filling.

Well, you're getting a wrap. So what do you want in yours? Haha again! I'll take a chicken Caesar wrap, please.

In your opinion, are there foods or condiments that work better in a wrap versus a sandwich or vice versa? Depends on the filling.

Just for fun:
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you wish you had been the rider in Today's Picture? I'll say 1, given the story I related about my horseback-riding experiences in a QOTD a few days ago. No more for me, thank you!

Sorry I'm so late with my answers. Thanks for the Q's, bjh.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-23-2018, 05:44 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,692,067 times

Today's Question(s):
Have you ever gone out in cold or rainy weather without an adequate wrap? Yes, but just for a few minutes.

Who was the last person to rap on your front door? An Optimum sales rep.

What's the last subject you rapped (chatted) about in conversation? Ft. Dix and guns.

Describe a gift wrap design you have seen or one you have on hand? Have some Christmas wrap with penguins on it.

Other than these questions can you tell us something that held your rapt attention? My dog.

Have you ever been blamed or taken the rap for something you didn't do? Blamed, yes.

How do you feel when you see discarded food wrappers in parking lots or elsewhere? Annoyed.

Have you ever picked up and trashed the wrappers others left behind? Sometimes.

Foodie Question(s):
Sandwich or wrap? Sandwich

Well, you're getting a wrap. So what do you want in yours? A little tuna fish, spinach, onion and tomato will do.

In your opinion, are there foods or condiments that work better in a wrap versus a sandwich or vice versa? I guess.

Just for fun:
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you wish you had been the rider in Today's Picture? 1

Today's Anonymous Quote:

Today’s Word:

Today's Picture:

That's a wrap ! Happy Thursday! [/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics