Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 08:59 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,278,362 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. After one or two minutes of deep thought I present to you...

Sunday's QOTD.

-It is only a matter of time before we start seeing driverless cars on the road. If you were to call a taxi and a driverless car showed up would you get in?............Nope

-If you were out with family or friends and got dared to get on a mechcanical bull riding machine would you?............Yep

-Have you ever called into a radio talk show?............I have called in but only to answer trivia questions.

When it comes to buying a car or some other expensive item...
-I research it and know what I want......................That’s how I usually do it.
-I Ask friends what they would buy.
-I let the salesman tell me what I want.
-I just buy the first thing that catches my eye...............This is how I got a Shelby Mustang.

-Many car dealerships have what they call "no haggle" pricing. Do you prefer not haggling or do you like to see how much you can get the price down to?...............I’ll haggle. It’s fun!

-Have you ever gone to a bookstore and spent the afternoon reading a book that you are not going to buy?........No

-When a new restaurant opens that you might want to check out do you go during the grands opening or do you wait a few months until it is not as crowded?...............I’ll wait until all the hubbub settles down.

Today Is Probably Not................Good ones Mutt!!!
-Take a yucky veggie to the movies.
-Replace the air in your car tires.
-Get your airline seat upgraded to first class for free.

Unlike several thousand airline flights, Sunday's QOTD was not cancelled due to weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2018, 10:06 AM

3,070 posts, read 1,680,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

Sunday's QOTD.

-It is only a matter of time before we start seeing driverless cars on the road. If you were to call a taxi and a driverless car showed up would you get in? NO!

-If you were out with family or friends and got dared to get on a mechcanical bull riding machine would you? Nope. But I'd take on that dare over a driverless car!

-Have you ever called into a radio talk show? Yes

-I research it and know what I want.
-I just buy the first thing that catches my eye.

-Many car dealerships have what they call "no haggle" pricing. Do you prefer not haggling or do you like to see how much you can get the price down to? I'm not good at it; however, I make it clear what my limit is.

-Have you ever gone to a bookstore and spent the afternoon reading a book that you are not going to buy? Not intentionally. Usually I grab a few books of interest, observe them, then decide which to buy.

-When a new restaurant opens that you might want to check out do you go during the grands opening or do you wait a few months until it is not as crowded? Wait. I found out the hard way that grand openings are not always the best qualitywise.

Today Is Probably Not...
-Take a yucky veggie to the movies. May go today and I am NOT taking veggies.
-Replace the air in your car tires. Hope not.
-Get your airline seat upgraded to first class for free. Nah

Unlike several thousand airline flights, Sunday's QOTD was not cancelled due to weather.
Thanks, Alaskan.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:37 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
[quote=Alaskan Mutt;51206105]Hi everyone. After one or two minutes of deep thought I present to you...

Sunday's QOTD.

-It is only a matter of time before we start seeing driverless cars on the road. If you were to call a taxi and a driverless car showed up would you get in?
Yes but only if I could get in the drivers seat and monitor everything.
-If you were out with family or friends and got dared to get on a mechcanical bull riding machine would you?
Yes and I rode it too.
-Have you ever called into a radio talk show?
Talk radio, yes.
-I research it and know what I want <-----------------

-Many car dealerships have what they call "no haggle" pricing. Do you prefer not haggling or do you like to see how much you can get the price down to?
I'll shop til I drop for that best price.
-Have you ever gone to a bookstore and spent the afternoon reading a book that you are not going to buy?

-When a new restaurant opens that you might want to check out do you go during the grands opening or do you wait a few months until it is not as crowded?
I'll wait.

Today Is Probably Not...
-Take a yucky veggie to the movies. I found some new quinoa veggie chips that are amazing.

Thanks dear one. Eat your veggies!!!

Old 03-04-2018, 10:57 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,520,245 times

Sunday's QOTD.

-It is only a matter of time before we start seeing driverless cars on the road. If you were to call a taxi and a driverless car showed up would you get in? Caddy just introduced a semi - driverless vehicle.. so now you can drink your latte - text - and be so cool in your Blingmobile and have no responsibilities

-If you were out with family or friends and got dared to get on a mechcanical bull riding machine would you? No way... end up a dented heap of

-Have you ever called into a radio talk show? When I was a teen.. and request

Nothing... at all I go by the Jimmie Cricket way of life...

-Many car dealerships have what they call "no haggle" pricing. Do you prefer not haggling or do you like to see how much you can get the price down to? I don't even stop...

-Have you ever gone to a bookstore and spent the afternoon reading a book that you are not going to buy?
Not book store unless they have food...

-When a new restaurant opens that you might want to check out do you go during the grands opening or do you wait a few months until it is not as crowded? I wait... and wait... and wait some more...

Today Is Probably Not...
You forgot talk to a cow...

Thanks AM ........... Now for a bowl of steamed Brussel sprouts with apple cider vinegar...

Old 03-04-2018, 12:21 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times

I hope you didn't hurt yourself! :P

Sunday's QOTD.

-It is only a matter of time before we start seeing driverless cars on the road. If you were to call a taxi and a driverless car showed up would you get in? If I knew in advance it would be a driverless car, I might.

-If you were out with family or friends and got dared to get on a mechanical bull riding machine would you? No. I am not THAT stupid.

-Have you ever called into a radio talk show? No.

-I research it and know what I want. This one. But I might also discuss it with friends/people i know who would have good input.

-Many car dealerships have what they call "no haggle" pricing. Do you prefer not haggling or do you like to see how much you can get the price down to? I have never really done this. I have never bought a new car, but I have bought two used cars from dealerships. All other used cards came from friends or family or word of mouth.

-Have you ever gone to a bookstore and spent the afternoon reading a book that you are not going to buy? No, I would feel guilty.

-When a new restaurant opens that you might want to check out do you go during the grands opening or do you wait a few months until it is not as crowded? Wait.

Have a good Sunday, everyone.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:35 PM

44,353 posts, read 20,056,503 times

Sunday's QOTD.

-It is only a matter of time before we start seeing driverless cars on the road. If you were to call a taxi and a driverless car showed up would you get in? Not today. Maybe several years from now.

-If you were out with family or friends and got dared to get on a mechcanical bull riding machine would you? I've never seen one in person, but I think I could be convinced to give it a try, as long as it was set on the slowest/easiest setting of motion.

-Have you ever called into a radio talk show? Nope. One time I sent in a funny newspaper clipping that was read on a morning radio show, and they read my name as the one who submitted it.

-I research it and know what I want. I do tons of research and am probably 99% sure what I'll buy before I even see it in person.

-Many car dealerships have what they call "no haggle" pricing. Do you prefer not haggling or do you like to see how much you can get the price down to? I hate haggling but do it out of necessity.

-Have you ever gone to a bookstore and spent the afternoon reading a book that you are not going to buy? Nope. I'd feel guilty doing that. I only read the synopsis and other comments on the jacket.

-When a new restaurant opens that you might want to check out do you go during the grands opening or do you wait a few months until it is not as crowded? Usually, I'll wait till things calm down a bit and till after they've worked out the kinks in a new place.

Today Is Probably Not...
-Get your airline seat upgraded to first class for free. Sure wish I could do this! In a couple of months I'll be on an 8+ hour flight and sure would love to have better than an economy-level seat.

Unlike several thousand airline flights, Sunday's QOTD was not cancelled due to weather. That's mighty good news, Mutt! Thanks for the Q's. Happy Sunday, everybody.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:57 PM

38,885 posts, read 22,870,508 times
Sunday's QOTD.

-It is only a matter of time before we start seeing driverless cars on the road. If you were to call a taxi and a driverless car showed up would you get in? No.

-If you were out with family or friends and got dared to get on a mechanical bull riding machine would you? No.

-Have you ever called into a radio talk show? I tried but the line was always busy.

-I research it and know what I want. <--This

-Many car dealerships have what they call "no haggle" pricing. Do you prefer not haggling or do you like to see how much you can get the price down to? I prefer not haggling. I also try to get pre-approved financing first which helps in the negotiations.

-Have you ever gone to a bookstore and spent the afternoon reading a book that you are not going to buy? I love to read, so my answer is, of course!

-When a new restaurant opens that you might want to check out do you go during the grand opening or do you wait a few months until it is not as crowded? Most of the time I wait until the novelty has worn off.

Have a fun day Sunday!

Old 03-04-2018, 05:58 PM

4,041 posts, read 2,907,941 times
-It is only a matter of time before we start seeing driverless cars on the road. If you were to call a taxi and a driverless car showed up would you get in? === Nope.

-If you were out with family or friends and got dared to get on a mechcanical bull riding machine would you? === Not any more -- probably throw my back out!

-Have you ever called into a radio talk show? === I haven't.

-I research it and know what I want. <------

-Many car dealerships have what they call "no haggle" pricing. Do you prefer not haggling or do you like to see how much you can get the price down to? === I don't like to haggle but I do it anyway to get a better deal.

-Have you ever gone to a bookstore and spent the afternoon reading a book that you are not going to buy? === Not for years.

-When a new restaurant opens that you might want to check out do you go during the grands opening or do you wait a few months until it is not as crowded? === I'd wait.

Thanks Mutt!

Old 03-04-2018, 06:47 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,352,256 times
Sunday's QOTD.

-It is only a matter of time before we start seeing driverless cars on the road. If you were to call a taxi and a driverless car showed up would you get in? No.

-If you were out with family or friends and got dared to get on a mechcanical bull riding machine would you? I have been out with friends and have been dared to ride a mechanical bull but I've never taken the dare.

-Have you ever called into a radio talk show? Many years ago.

I don't plan to buy anymore expensive cars or trucks but I used to know what I wanted before I went shopping. Then I would go to my bank or credit union, get approved for what the vehicle normally should sell for, then go to the lots. When the salesman tried to sell me a vehicle for a lot more than the market value, I would tell them how much I could spend. If they laughed, I would thank them for their time then walk away. Auto salesmen never liked me as a customer anyway since I've always shopped total price rather than monthly payments.

-Many car dealerships have what they call "no haggle" pricing. Do you prefer not haggling or do you like to see how much you can get the price down to? I certainly don't mind haggling but CarMax seems to have some exceptionally clean vehicles although their vehicles are normally set-priced at the top end of the Kelley or NADA scales. Where you can haggle with "no haggle" prices is on loan interest.

-Have you ever gone to a bookstore and spent the afternoon reading a book that you are not going to buy? Although I have spent several hours in a single bookstore, it was never because I was reading something I had no intention of buying.

-When a new restaurant opens that you might want to check out do you go during the grands opening or do you wait a few months until it is not as crowded? Wait a few years. If there is still a crowd, I wait some more.

Thanks Mutt. Fun questions.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:08 PM

622 posts, read 395,926 times
Sunday's QOTD.
-It is only a matter of time before we start seeing driverless cars on the road. If you were to call a taxi and a driverless car showed up
would you get in? Absolutely not!

-If you were out with family or friends and got dared to get on a mechcanical bull riding machine would you? Sure. Sounds like fun.

-Have you ever called into a radio talk show? No.

-Many car dealerships have what they call "no haggle" pricing. Do you prefer not haggling or do you like to see how much you can get
the price down to? I hate to haggle. I take a friend along that enjoys it.
-Have you ever gone to a bookstore and spent the afternoon reading a book that you are not going to buy? No.
-When a new restaurant opens that you might want to check out do you go during the grands opening or do you wait a few months
until it is not as crowded? I wait. I hate crowds.

Thanks Mutt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics