U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 05:22 PM

9,678 posts, read 10,962,533 times

Advertisements

I just can't blame wallyworld for wanting the money back, her accident was someone elses fault, recouping their money is standard practice, her lawyers are to blame for not including the recoup in her lawsuit. i am suprised that wallyworld is not sueing the company at fault but then agian I only play a lawyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 09:47 AM

29,248 posts, read 11,856,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
My understanding is it is Walmart going after the funds.
In regards to your letter from BCBS, all insurance companies send that type of letter when there is an accident to coordinate benefits with any other insurance co that might be involved.
Hoping with the publicity this ladies family is getting somehow the tables will turn in her favor.
It is Wal-Mart suing on behalf of the group insurance plan that covered this woman. The money will not go into Wal-Mart's revenue, but will be returned to the group plan for the benefit of the others also enrolled in that plan. It is terrible what happened to this woman, but it's the fault of the attorney who originally represented her against the truck owner and who evidently did not understand her insurance plan and failed to communicate with her insurer about the settlement. The family should sue the original lawyer, IMO.

DC

Old 03-30-2008, 01:03 AM

2 posts, read 1,596 times
If you Really want to know what wally world is like hear it from the employees
[url=http://www.walmart-blows.com/]Wal-Mart Sucks![/url]

Old 03-30-2008, 06:36 AM

220 posts, read 418,901 times
Default True though

The sad part about it is it's so true. I remember when Wal-Mart was a little mom and pop store. Typical of anything ALL throughout history and it happens EVERY time...EVERY TIME!!! They get to big for their britches and they go belly up. It will happen. I don't like Wal-Mart anymore. It's not the same, but the problem now is the monopoly they have on retail. Sad indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
RD, you might like this one in particular.

Saw this online today. Haven't had a chance to view all of it yet though.

Walmart critic wins judgement
11Alive.com - Wal-Mart Critic Wins Judgment (http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=113500 - broken link)

Wal-Qaeda

Welcome to the WALOCAUST...Coming soon to your occupation | WALOCAUST
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics