Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 09:00 PM

44,353 posts, read 20,056,503 times

Advertisements

Greetings, boys and girls! I hope your week started out well. No disasters here today, so I'm a happy camper.

Earlier this evening, I watched a fascinating video which was linked in a thread in the Automotive forum. It's a video from the 1970's, showing how cars are made at the Ford plant in Detroit, from the design phase to the finished product. Here's a link to the post with the video. This leads me to this week's topic, so scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS (Feel free to share stories!)

Have you ever toured a food plant?

Have you ever toured a winery, brewery or distillery?

Have you ever toured a manufacturing plant?

Have you ever worked on an assembly line in any sort of plant?

Have you ever been to a TV or movie studio to watch a taping/filming (or whatever they call it now in the digital age)?

Have you ever been interviewed on TV or radio?

BONUS QUESTIONS

What was the last thing you ate?

When did you last eat a piece of cheese?

Sometimes I'll just a food- or beverage-related phrase, such as, "That's not my cup of tea" or "The whole enchilada." Can you come up with any other phrases related to food or beverages?

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

How many televisions are in your home?

Do you ever watch TV programs on your PC or other non-TV device?

Do you ever watch movies on your PC or other device?

What was the last movie you watched?

When did you last listen to the radio?

What's your favorite genre of music? Name your favorite artist in the genre.

That's it for now, kids. Have a totally terrific Tuesday and remember to commit an act of kindness!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-11-2018 at 09:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 09:16 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,818,808 times
STILL EDITING, FOLKS. PLEASE STAND BY.

Greetings, boys and girls! I hope your week started out well. No disasters here today, so I'm a happy camper.

Earlier this evening, I watched a fascinating video which was linked in a thread in the Automotive forum. It's a video from the 1970's, showing how cars are made at the Ford plant in Detroit, from the design phase to the finished product. Here's a link to the post with the video. This leads me to this week's topic, so scroll on down and check out

Bread bakery.

Have you ever been to a TV or movie studio to watch a taping/filming (or whatever they call it now in the digital age)?
Sort of about 3 different times.

Have you ever been interviewed on TV on radio?

BONUS QUESTIONS

A dinner concoction.

Couple days.

Sometimes I'll just a food- or beverage-related phrase, such as, "That's not my cup of tea" or "The whole enchilada." Can you come up with any other phrases related to food or beverages?
He's a tall drink of water. She's a hot tamale!

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Streaming at times.

My tablet if power goes out or on vacation.

Narrow Margin

Few days ago. Only for a few minutes. Crap music and too many Mexican stations. No habla.

Oh, I wouldn't know where to start....

That's it for now, kids. Have a totally terrific Tuesday and remember to commit an act of kindness!

Thanks Pam! Nice job!

Last edited by SATX56; 06-11-2018 at 09:25 PM..

Old 06-11-2018, 09:22 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,878,282 times

Have you ever toured a food plant? Yes,,,,, many years ago I was an ice cream plant. And I just remembered while in Hawaii a number of years ago we went through the Dole pineapple plant.

Have you ever toured a winery, brewery or distillery? Yes,,,,, wineries in Napa Valley several years ago. It was a wonderful place to visit and enjoy relaxing.

Have you ever toured a manufacturing plant? Yes, while attending some training in Columbus OH and going to school there several of us were able to visit a GM factory that built several different auto parts.

Have you ever worked on an assembly line in any sort of plant? No

Have you ever been to a TV or movie studio to watch a taping/filming (or whatever they call it now in the digital age)? No not that I remember.

Have you ever been interviewed on TV on radio? Yes but I don't want to talk about it, it was no big deal.

BONUS QUESTIONS

What was the last thing you ate? A snack after my meal.....

When did you last eat a piece of cheese? This morning I had a piece of cheese on an English muffin with a sausage.

Sometimes I'll just a food- or beverage-related phrase, such as, "That's not my cup of tea" or "The whole enchilada." Can you come up with any other phrases related to food or beverages? "Wheres the beef".

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

How many televisions are in your home? Two

Do you ever watch TV programs on your PC or other non-TV device? No

Do you ever watch movies on your PC or other device? Only short youtube videos

When did you last listen to the radio? I have to use the "tunein" app on my tablet to listen to a radio station with streaming audio from Chicago area. I could also watch the shows Freespeach.tv on the pc but I like just the audio listening.....

Lite Jazz and music of the 50s,60s,70s and some of the 80's.

Last edited by AksarbeN; 06-11-2018 at 09:44 PM..

Old 06-11-2018, 09:31 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,579,111 times

Have you ever toured a food plant? A beef processing plant

Have you ever toured a winery, brewery or distillery? Winery

Have you ever toured a manufacturing plant? Yes, Rainbird’s

Have you ever worked on an assembly line in any sort of plant? Yes

Have you ever been to a TV or movie studio to watch a taping/filming (or whatever they call it now in the digital age)? No

Have you ever been interviewed on TV on radio? Taped for both

BONUS QUESTIONS

What was the last thing you ate? Hershey cookies and cream

When did you last eat a piece of cheese? Lunch today

Sometimes I'll just a food- or beverage-related phrase, such as, "That's not my cup of tea" or "The whole enchilada." Can you come up with any other phrases related to food or beverages? a real pickled driver he was

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

How many televisions are in your home? One

Do you ever watch movies on your PC or other device? No

When did you last listen to the radio? Weather report

What's your favorite genre of music? Old country Name your favorite artist in the genre. Loretta Lynn

Thanks Pam

Old 06-11-2018, 11:30 PM

21,539 posts, read 8,722,464 times

Yes, I've toured a bakery, a brewery, several wineries and a chocolate factory.
Yes, see above.
No.
No.
I spend 34 years working at a TV station, so yeah. Usually the crew and I were the ones being watched when tours came through. Also, I was in the studio audience for a Merv Griffin Show and a Tonight Show.

Only a couple of times, briefly. Earlier this year I was donating at the blood bank when a reporter from my old station came by and did some sound bites with me and others who donated. But the story never aired, a fairly common thing in the TV business as they often have to kill stories for time.

Years earlier when I was still working at the station, one of our reporters came through the break room with a cameraman and had me and some other people try samples of a new mineral water that was made with truffles. He recorded our reactions for a story that did make air. I still have an air check of it somewhere.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Angel food cake with strawberries, whipped topping and bittersweet chocolate sauce.
In a turkey cheeseburger last weekend.
"Good to the last drop."

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

One
Yes, I sometimes watch Classic Arts Showcase online.
Yes, but on DVD, not online.
Island of Lost Souls with Charles Laughton and Bela Lugosi (1932).
In the car last night I listened to Sirius XM.
I can't pick any one favorite because I like so many different genres - oldies, classic rock, jazz, standards, classical and opera. Some of my favorite artists are Luciano Pavarotti, Bryn Terfel, Billie Holiday, the Beatles, Benny Goodman, Paul Simon, Elton John, Madeleine Peyroux, Max Raabe and Nat King Cole.

Thanks, Pam!

Old 06-11-2018, 11:43 PM

44,627 posts, read 61,603,272 times

Have you ever toured a food plant? Many, cheese, ice cream, dairies, some animals, bakery, Dole, others.

Have you ever toured a winery, brewery or distillery? Wine in CA, Coors beer in CO, Busch beers in FL.

Have you ever toured a manufacturing plant? Several, Harley Davidson, bottle plant, windows, doors, others .

Have you ever worked on an assembly line in any sort of plant? Once as a teen for 1 day, graveyard shift, never again.

Have you ever been to a TV or movie studio to watch a taping/filming (or whatever they call it now in the digital age)? Truth or Consequences, Price is Right, Steve Allen Show, and a few that didn't last long.

Have you ever been interviewed on TV or radio? Yes on a few local TV stations and on radio several times.

BONUS QUESTIONS

What was the last thing you ate? Chili for dinner, urp.

When did you last eat a piece of cheese? On that chili for dinner.

Sometimes I'll just a food- or beverage-related phrase, such as, "That's not my cup of tea" or "The whole enchilada." Can you come up with any other phrases related to food or beverages? "What's in that xxx stuff".

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

How many televisions are in your home? 6

Do you ever watch TV programs on your PC or other non-TV device? Rarely, only if I miss the original show that I really wanted to watch.

Do you ever watch movies on your PC or other device? No.

What was the last movie you watched? Fargo.

When did you last listen to the radio? Today in the car on the way to the doctor.

What's your favorite genre of music? Big Band. Name your favorite artist in the genre. Glenn Miller.

. <-- the infamous dot is back.

Ms PJ

Last edited by wit-nit; 06-11-2018 at 11:54 PM..

Old 06-12-2018, 02:03 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,724 times

Have you ever toured a manufacturing plant? This is the only one I can say yes to.

BONUS QUESTIONS

What was the last thing you ate? Vanilla yogurt

When did you last eat a piece of cheese? Last Sunday. I had roasted beets & goat cheese.

Sometimes I'll just a food- or beverage-related phrase, such as, "That's not my cup of tea" or "The whole enchilada." Can you come up with any other phrases related to food or beverages? Full of beans, Have egg on one's face, Couch potato...... That's the way the cookie crumbles!

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

How many televisions are in your home? One that doesn't work and an old one that isn't plugged in.

Do you ever watch TV programs on your PC or other non-TV device? Have

Do you ever watch movies on your PC or other device? Have

What was the last movie you watched? I don't remember.

When did you last listen to the radio? Last night in the car. Real Jazz station

What's your favorite genre of music? Love many. I probably listen to jazz & blues the most. Name your favorite artist in the genre. Again, many. Billie, Coltrane, Miles, BB King, Etta James......

. Thanks, Pam!

Old 06-12-2018, 04:14 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times

- Nope

Have you ever toured a winery, brewery or distillery? - Haven't

Have you ever toured a manufacturing plant? - No

Have you ever worked on an assembly line in any sort of plant? - Sort of, briefly a long time ago.

Have you ever been to a TV or movie studio to watch a taping/filming (or whatever they call it now in the digital age)? - Yes

Have you ever been interviewed on TV or radio? - Yes, regarding church-state separation issues. I did some activism for the cause when I was younger.

BONUS QUESTIONS
What was the last thing you ate? - Last night - pizza.

When did you last eat a piece of cheese? - I made an omelet yesterday morning...

Sometimes I'll just a food- or beverage-related phrase, such as, "That's not my cup of tea" or "The whole enchilada." Can you come up with any other phrases related to food or beverages? - No, but I heard those before.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

How many televisions are in your home? - One that is not being used.

Do you ever watch TV programs on your PC or other non-TV device? - More like short clips...

Do you ever watch movies on your PC or other device? - Rarely

What was the last movie you watched? - It's been a while...

When did you last listen to the radio? - Yesterday in my car

What's your favorite genre of music? Name your favorite artist in the genre. - Rock and there are many. Since I've seen Elvis Costello 14 times in concert I guess I should put in a plug for him. I've seen Eric Clapton about 10 times.

Thanks, Pam!

Old 06-12-2018, 04:28 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,385,476 times
Good Morning

Have you ever toured a winery, brewery or distillery? Many--Lake Front Brewery in Milwaukee is the best! Entertaining and informative--and I am not even a beer drinker!

Have you ever toured a manufacturing plant? I worked in two different shoe factories during the Summer as a teenager. I always say it was the best and worse job I ever had. Learn to appreciate people that do that work everyday. Except for one sweet lady, everyone in the factory had a distaste for the Summer help. I understood their feelings. We were there temporarily as college students, they were there for a lifetime. I tried to be as nice as possible.

Have you ever worked on an assembly line in any sort of plant? It was not an assembly line per se. I applied the glue to the zipper for boots at one place. The other place I did the stitching on the top of the shoe. We were given boxes, when a box was completed you put it on the conveyor belt.

Have you ever been to a TV or movie studio to watch a taping/filming (or whatever they call it now in the digital age)? Yes. Bozo the Clown back in the 60's. Password Game show back in the 60's when I was a girl scout. The Ellen Show a few years ago when she was filming in Chicago.

Have you ever been interviewed on TV or radio? Yes. A couple of years ago I was featured/interviewed for a promotional video about jobs in the Airline Industry.

BONUS QUESTIONS

What was the last thing you ate? My homemade Maryland Crab Soup (last night)

When did you last eat a piece of cheese? Yesterday morning in my vegetable/cheese omelet.

Sometimes I'll just a food- or beverage-related phrase, such as, "That's not my cup of tea" or "The whole enchilada." Can you come up with any other phrases related to food or beverages? "Spill the beans!"

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

How many televisions are in your home? One

Do you ever watch movies on your PC or other device? Yes, iPad when traveling

What was the last movie you watched? Darkest Hour

When did you last listen to the radio? A few days ago--NPR

What's your favorite genre of music? Name your favorite artist in the genre. I like a variety, I don't have a favorite

Happy Tuesday!

Old 06-12-2018, 04:29 AM

126,272 posts, read 19,041,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

Have you ever toured a food plant? ....No

Have you ever toured a winery, brewery or distillery? .........Yes and it was very fascinating and we received samples

Have you ever toured a manufacturing plant? ..........No

Have you ever worked on an assembly line in any sort of plant? .......No

Have you ever been to a TV or movie studio to watch a taping/filming (or whatever they call it now in the digital age)? .......No

Have you ever been interviewed on TV or radio? ......No

BONUS QUESTIONS

What was the last thing you ate? .....For breakfast this morning an omelette with chive,a slice of rye bread and a cup of black coffee

When did you last eat a piece of cheese? ......Last night

Sometimes I'll just a food- or beverage-related phrase, such as, "That's not my cup of tea" or "The whole enchilada." Can you come up with any other phrases related to food or beverages?............just know German ones

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

How many televisions are in your home? ...........1

Do you ever watch TV programs on your PC or other non-TV device? ...No

Do you ever watch movies on your PC or other device? ....No

What was the last movie you watched? .......It has been a while

When did you last listen to the radio? ............This morning

What's your favorite genre of music? Name your favorite artist in the genre. ..............Classical music and that would be Luciano Pavarotti and a few more and for country music definitely Shania Twain. Not to forget Celine Dion

THANK YOU Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics