Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 11:37 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,725,962 times

Advertisements

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What was the last beverage you had in a glass with ice cubes?
Iced tea with lemonade
Do you chew ice (even though the dentist says it's a no-no)?
Yes, I've been guilty of that.
Do you make ice in trays in your freezer, or is your freezer equipped with an ice maker?
The fridge has an ice maker option, but we didn't install it. I'm fine with ice trays.
Have you ever been drinking a beverage in a tumbler with ice when the ice came loose all at once and crashed into your face?
Lots of times. That's what happens when you are trying to get that very last drop.
Do you like to consume frozen beverages (such as a slushy or a frozen daiquiri)? If so, what's your favorite flavor?
I like slushies but haven't had one in ages. As for alcoholic beverages like daiquiris or margaritas, I prefer them on the rocks.
When you have a glass of pop (or soda to most of you ), do you prefer it with lots of ice or just a little?
Lots of ice.
BONUS QUESTIONS

What's the greatest number of time zones you've ever crossed in a 24-hour period?
Five or six, I think.
Do you live within a 1-hour drive of a time zone adjacent to yours?
No
Have you ever, or do you know anyone who has ever lived in one time zone and commuted to work daily in another time zone?
No, that must be confusing.
How many different time zones have you lived in?
Two. Pacific and Eastern.
Name a song title containing the word "time."
Time Has Come Today - The Chambers Brothers
Name a movie or TV show title containing the word "time."
Swing Time (Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers)

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Which is creepier: a clown or a garden gnome?
Clowns, definitely.
Have you ever owned a garden gnome?
No, I haven't even owned a pink lawn flamingo. I'm deprived.
Have you ever personally known someone who worked as a clown?
I met Wavy Gravy once.
Can you do any card tricks or magic tricks?
Not a single one. I'm hopeless.

Thanks, Pam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 03:33 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,991 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What was the last beverage you had in a glass with ice cubes? Iced chai

Do you chew ice (even though the dentist says it's a no-no)? Ice chips, yes.

Do you make ice in trays in your freezer, or is your freezer equipped with an ice maker? Never connected the ice maker & seldom make ice in trays.

Have you ever been drinking a beverage in a tumbler with ice when the ice came loose all at once and crashed into your face? Ha..... have.

Do you like to consume frozen beverages (such as a slushy or a frozen daiquiri)? Not in years If so, what's your favorite flavor? Hm.....

When you have a glass of pop (or soda to most of you ), do you prefer it with lots of ice or just a little? I seldom drink soda. Last I remember was maybe a year ago, a root beer float. That of course had ice cream, not ice. I used to drink soda; lost weight when I stopped.

BONUS QUESTIONS

What's the greatest number of time zones you've ever crossed in a 24-hour period? Never crossed a time zone

Do you live within a 1-hour drive of a time zone adjacent to yours? Don't

Have you ever, or do you know anyone who has ever lived in one time zone and commuted to work daily in another time zone? No

How many different time zones have you lived in? Just Eastern

Name a song title containing the word "time." "Time to Say Goodbye" Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman

Name a movie or TV show title containing the word "time." "As Time Goes By" Brit Com & song

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Which is creepier: a clown or a garden gnome? Though there are some very creepy clowns.

Have you ever owned a garden gnome? Haven't

Have you ever personally known someone who worked as a clown? Haven't. A couple grands and I went to a parade last Saturday; they both said the clowns, Shriners, on the small motorbikes were creepy though they did want to try riding the bikes.

Can you do any card tricks or magic tricks? Can't

That it for now, boys and girls. Go forth and have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness. Thanks, Pam!

. <<< Hi!

Old 06-19-2018, 04:34 AM

126,276 posts, read 19,048,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Greetings, kids! It's been hot, hot, hot here in NW IN the past several days. Just shy of 100F yesterday and today, with extremely high humidity. I hope you all are having some milder weather than we are! Before I get carried away whining about weather, let's just scroll on down and check out

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What was the last beverage you had in a glass with ice cubes?.....I drink all my cold beverages without ice cubes

Do you chew ice (even though the dentist says it's a no-no)?...Never

Do you make ice in trays in your freezer, or is your freezer equipped with an ice maker?.....I do make ice cubes in a tray.I may not use them,but others enjoy

Have you ever been drinking a beverage in a tumbler with ice when the ice came loose all at once and crashed into your face?..No

Do you like to consume frozen beverages (such as a slushy or a frozen daiquiri)? If so, what's your favorite flavor?...No

When you have a glass of pop (or soda to most of you ), do you prefer it with lots of ice or just a little?......I used to drink it always without ice cubes or crushed ones

BONUS QUESTIONS

What's the greatest number of time zones you've ever crossed in a 24-hour period?.....Flying to Europe and within Canada

Do you live within a 1-hour drive of a time zone adjacent to yours?....No

Have you ever, or do you know anyone who has ever lived in one time zone and commuted to work daily in another time zone?......No

How many different time zones have you lived in?.....3 to 4 at least

Name a song title containing the word "time.".....Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper

Name a movie or TV show title containing the word "time.".....The Land Before Time

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Which is creepier: a clown or a garden gnome?....Neither

Have you ever owned a garden gnome?...No

Have you ever personally known someone who worked as a clown?...No

Can you do any card tricks or magic tricks?...No

That it for now, boys and girls. Go forth and have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.
THANK YOU Pam

Old 06-19-2018, 06:07 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Good morning, hot and humid the last few days in coastal New Jersey and in NYC, as well. 90s

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What was the last beverage you had in a glass with ice cubes? A glass of Dewar's (Scotch) with water and ice on Sunday evening.

Do you chew ice (even though the dentist says it's a no-no)? No.

Do you make ice in trays in your freezer, or is your freezer equipped with an ice maker? No icemaker. I have trays and make ice when I remember to do so. Not a big ice cube person, but I was happy I'd made them when I decided to have the Scotch.

Have you ever been drinking a beverage in a tumbler with ice when the ice came loose all at once and crashed into your face? Probably at some point in my life.

Do you like to consume frozen beverages (such as a slushy or a frozen daiquiri)? If so, what's your favorite flavor? No, don't care for those types of drinks at all.

When you have a glass of pop (or soda to most of you ), do you prefer it with lots of ice or just a little? A little or none.

BONUS QUESTIONS

What's the greatest number of time zones you've ever crossed in a 24-hour period? Six (had to think about it, lol)

Do you live within a 1-hour drive of a time zone adjacent to yours? No.

Have you ever, or do you know anyone who has ever lived in one time zone and commuted to work daily in another time zone? No, I haven't.

How many different time zones have you lived in? One

Name a song title containing the word "time." Time in a Bottle

Name a movie or TV show title containing the word "time." Good Times

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Which is creepier: a clown or a garden gnome? Clown

Have you ever owned a garden gnome? No.

Have you ever personally known someone who worked as a clown? No.

Can you do any card tricks or magic tricks? No.

That it for now, boys and girls. Go forth and have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness. And the same to you!

Old 06-19-2018, 07:06 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,795,328 times
Greetings, kids! It's been hot, hot, hot here in NW IN the past several days. Just shy of 100F yesterday and today, with extremely high humidity. I hope you all are having some milder weather than we are! Before I get carried away whining about weather, let's just scroll on down and check out
Yes we are experiencing high temps and higher humidity also, going to get my shopping done early and then sit in the a/c!

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

I'm drinking water with ice right now

sometimes but not very often

Do you make ice in trays in your freezer, or is your freezer equipped with an ice maker?
I have an ice maker but it's broken so I use ice trays

Have you ever been drinking a beverage in a tumbler with ice when the ice came loose all at once and crashed into your face?
LOL that used to happen a lot until I smartened up and began to knock my hand against the side of the cup to break the ice loose before drinking it

Do you like to consume frozen beverages (such as a slushy or a frozen daiquiri)? If so, what's your favorite flavor?
I'm not a big frozen drink person but I do enjoy a frozen margarita

When you have a glass of pop (or soda to most of you ), do you prefer it with lots of ice or just a little?
lots of ice

BONUS QUESTIONS

What's the greatest number of time zones you've ever crossed in a 24-hour period?
Just two I think

nope

Have you ever, or do you know anyone who has ever lived in one time zone and commuted to work daily in another time zone?
No but that would be weird

just one

I've Had the Time of My Life from "Dirty Dancing"

The Time Machine

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

definitely a clown

no never, I think they're kinda tacky

No never have

No I am trick challenged

That it for now, boys and girls. Go forth and have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness.

Thanks PJ!

Old 06-19-2018, 07:12 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
[quote=PJSaturn;52237491]Greetings, kids! It's been hot, hot, hot here in NW IN the past several days. Just shy of 100F yesterday and today, with extremely high humidity. I hope you all are having some milder weather than we are! Before I get carried away whining about weather, let's just scroll on down and check out
Hot here in the PNW too, 80s, but thankfully no humidity.

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What was the last beverage you had in a glass with ice cubes? Iced Tea

Do you chew ice (even though the dentist says it's a no-no)? No

Do you make ice in trays in your freezer, or is your freezer equipped with an ice maker? Both - the icemaker died and I'm too lazy to fix or replace it so we use trays

Have you ever been drinking a beverage in a tumbler with ice when the ice came loose all at once and crashed into your face? No

Do you like to consume frozen beverages (such as a slushy or a frozen daiquiri)? If so, what's your favorite flavor? Raspberry (Blue)

When you have a glass of pop (or soda to most of you ), do you prefer it with lots of ice or just a little? Lots of ice, I like it cold (but prefer beer)

BONUS QUESTIONS

What's the greatest number of time zones you've ever crossed in a 24-hour period? 2

Do you live within a 1-hour drive of a time zone adjacent to yours? No

Have you ever, or do you know anyone who has ever lived in one time zone and commuted to work daily in another time zone? No

How many different time zones have you lived in? Just this one

Name a song title containing the word "time." Pink Floyd - "Time"

https://youtu.be/JwYX52BP2Sk?t=16

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Which is creepier: a clown or a garden gnome? CLOWN!!

Have you ever owned a garden gnome? No, just a garden Hedgehog

Have you ever personally known someone who worked as a clown? No

Can you do any card tricks or magic tricks? Yes, a few, but not well enough to impress any but the most naive.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:08 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,908,738 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What was the last beverage you had in a glass with ice cubes? === Maybe a glass of water or iced tea at a restaurant. I don't drink soda so it has to be one or the other.

Do you chew ice (even though the dentist says it's a no-no)? === Nope.

Do you make ice in trays in your freezer, or is your freezer equipped with an ice maker? === My fridge has an ice maker.

Have you ever been drinking a beverage in a tumbler with ice when the ice came loose all at once and crashed into your face? === Sure.

Do you like to consume frozen beverages (such as a slushy or a frozen daiquiri)? If so, what's your favorite flavor? === Haven't had one in years -- maybe blue raspberry?

When you have a glass of pop (or soda to most of you ), do you prefer it with lots of ice or just a little? === Don't drink soda.

BONUS QUESTIONS

What's the greatest number of time zones you've ever crossed in a 24-hour period? Maybe 14?

Do you live within a 1-hour drive of a time zone adjacent to yours? === The closest is Utah and the state line is about a 1 hour and 30 minute drive away from me.

Have you ever, or do you know anyone who has ever lived in one time zone and commuted to work daily in another time zone? === I haven't.

How many different time zones have you lived in? === Three.

Name a song title containing the word "time." === Time in a Bottle.

Name a movie or TV show title containing the word "time." === One Day at a Time.

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Which is creepier: a clown or a garden gnome? === Clown. Hands down!

Have you ever owned a garden gnome? === I haven't. I do have a gnome Christmas ornament that was my mother's favorite and now mine.

Have you ever personally known someone who worked as a clown? === Nope.

Can you do any card tricks or magic tricks? === I can't.

[/quote]

Thanks Pam!

Old 06-19-2018, 08:40 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Unsweetened ice tea

Do you chew ice (even though the dentist says it's a no-no)? Not usually

Do you make ice in trays in your freezer, or is your freezer equipped with an ice maker? I only get ice in drinks when I'm out, not at home.

Have you ever been drinking a beverage in a tumbler with ice when the ice came loose all at once and crashed into your face? No

Do you like to consume frozen beverages (such as a slushy or a frozen daiquiri)? If so, what's your favorite flavor? Had McDonald's cherry limeade slushie yesterday. My favorite is blue raspberry. I have them whenever I can because they are a great takeout drink meaning they can fall over and you loose little or none of it.

When you have a glass of pop (or soda to most of you ), do you prefer it with lots of ice or just a little? Rarely have a glass of soda. Drink from cans or bottles. When I do, I like a lot of ice.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you live within a 1-hour drive of a time zone adjacent to yours? yes, pretty close to 1 hour.

no

How many different time zones have you lived in? 1

I think I could name 10.

By The Time I Get To Phoenix - Glen Campbell
The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack

The Time Machine (movie with Rod Taylor)

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Neither. It's The Burger King.

Have you ever owned a garden gnome? no

Have you ever personally known someone who worked as a clown? no

Can you do any card tricks or magic tricks? no

Old 06-19-2018, 10:30 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,004,316 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

a soda

Use to

Both

Has happened more than once

Lime frozen daiquiris are mighty fine

more towards less ice

BONUS QUESTIONS

Probably somewhere around 16

Only if I am driving a car that can go well over 200mph

Not daily

5 or 3. If you are looking at a current time zone map it is 3. However if you look at a time zone map from when I was growing up then it is 5. Someone decided Alaska did not need all of time zones it had and squeezed the state into fewer time zones.

Oops, I don't have time to answer this question

Time Travelers

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Don't find either creepy. What is creepy are the yucky veggies the poor garden gnome has to stare at day after day.

nope

nope

I can. I once had a roommate that was a professional magician.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:43 AM

3,070 posts, read 1,682,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

What was the last beverage you had in a glass with ice cubes? Pepsi

Do you chew ice (even though the dentist says it's a no-no)? Very rarely.

Do you make ice in trays in your freezer, or is your freezer equipped with an ice maker? I keep a bag of ice in the bigger freezer.

Have you ever been drinking a beverage in a tumbler with ice when the ice came loose all at once and crashed into your face? I think so.

Do you like to consume frozen beverages (such as a slushy or a frozen daiquiri)? If so, what's your favorite flavor? I do but they give me terrible brain-freeze. I like strawberry and grape flavors. "Lemonade" flavor can be very refreshing on a hot day.

When you have a glass of pop (or soda to most of you ), do you prefer it with lots of ice or just a little? Just a little, or none at all if it's been refrigerated.

BONUS QUESTIONS

What's the greatest number of time zones you've ever crossed in a 24-hour period? 3

Do you live within a 1-hour drive of a time zone adjacent to yours? No

Have you ever, or do you know anyone who has ever lived in one time zone and commuted to work daily in another time zone? Can't say I do.

How many different time zones have you lived in? 2

Name a song title containing the word "time." Time Has Come Today by the Chamber Brothers

Name a movie or TV show title containing the word "time." Time Tunnel ~ remember that one?

EXTRA CREDIT Q'S

Which is creepier: a clown or a garden gnome? I actually hate those little effers.

Have you ever owned a garden gnome? Nope

Have you ever personally known someone who worked as a clown? Yes. I have a family member that has done it.

Can you do any card tricks or magic tricks? Nope

Thanks, PJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics