Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 04:38 PM

18,120 posts, read 11,753,710 times

Advertisements

2Golden's Italian Way!

Cut up in cubes, put in baggie with olive oil and several Italian spices. Shake up
the bag and pour on (spray Pam) baking sheet. Bake at 375' for about 45 minutes.
The GOOD STUFF!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 05:04 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times
Don't worry Blueberry, we won't throw stones at you, we might throw potatos instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
I could wax poetic like Sam-I-Am and tell you all the ways and all the places I'm willing to eat potatoes, but I'm afraid y'all will start throwing stones after enduring my puns. ...

Old 03-31-2008, 05:04 PM

2,355 posts, read 2,182,357 times
Good afternoon Karla!

We like our taters but not everday...need to keep in the variety.

One of my favorite ways to eat potatoes is to cube them with the skins (by way of hubby), boil them until soft; I also boil chicken for a little bit while the potatoes are cooking. Then I mix the two, add in some olive oil, a little salt, a little pepper, and some minced onion...and there's dinner! Hubby likes it.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:31 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,542,946 times
I love them anyway that they are prepared, if they had a potatoe diet I would definitely go on it, lol!

Oh yeah, clams on the half shell, with lemon and hot sauce or red wine vinegar!!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 06:19 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
I like baked too... with all kinds of toppings... but when I am feeling like eating something I shouldn't?

Well... Sonics chili cheese tots!

Old 03-31-2008, 06:38 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,237,938 times
I like to dip my fries in strawberry milkshake!!

Old 03-31-2008, 07:31 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,735,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Now Karla that's a tough one-love potatoes anyway you can make them. if i had to choose one it would be french fries with brown gravy (my apologies to mashed,smashed,roasted, baked,fried, salad.)

Clams on 1/2 shell-not raw but I'll take mine roasted or oreganata-thanks.

Happy Monday all.
Wow Lacey - Thanks for the memories... Fries with brown gravy was THE thing for lunch when I was in high school. I am going to get some this WEEK! I won't be able to get them out of my head 'til I do!

Love clams!

Sidebar: my DS has a Mr Potato Head collection. He even has the pieces for when you used a REAL tuber. Cool stuff. Not recommended for children under 3 years.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:11 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
I am Irish..... not that that has anything to do with the fact that I have never met a potato that I didn't like. I even worked with someone named Spud and liked him!

My fav is a real baked potato- not nuked, but wrapped in foil with kosher salt and baked in an oven. Then add butter, sour cream, chives, freshly ground pepper and real bacon bits.... One big tater like that is a great meal, IMO. Well, with some nice white wine, of course.

But I don't want to slight the sweet potato. Baked with butter, salt & freshly ground pepper, please. But are sweet potatoes really potatoes? Or are they yams? This is a decades-long disagreement in my family that flares up every Thanksgiving. (We are very deep thinkers in my family!)

And then there is the Tot. Previously referred to as the Tater Tot before the Napolean Dynamite movie. Not crazy about them, but they remind me of Friday night dinners at home when I was a kid.

Tater trivia- Tule- does your DH remember when Mr. Potatohead had a pipe?

Anyone remember potato guns? Fun, fun, fun.

Last edited by Magnolia Bloom; 03-31-2008 at 08:20 PM..

Old 03-31-2008, 08:39 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,735,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post

Tater trivia- Tule- does your DH remember when Mr. Potatohead had a pipe?

Anyone remember potato guns? Fun, fun, fun.
Mr Potato Head quit smoking when I was still in high school (late 80s). My Mr. PH had a pipe when I was little. DS has this one in his collection.

My pastor has a potato gun.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:52 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,237,938 times
Default Your Pastor!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulegirl View Post
Mr Potato Head quit smoking when I was still in high school (late 80s). My Mr. PH had a pipe when I was little. DS has this one in his collection.

My pastor has a potato gun.
Does he shoot you with it if you go to sleep during his sermon? lol

I think my pastor needs one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics