Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:01 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,204,584 times

Advertisements

It's hard to get DH on a joke, but I managed one year. I taped down the switch on the kitchen sink sprayer. He turned on the water for a drink and got spritzed!

Me? I've been gotten so many times, I can't remember.

Pizza place????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 10:27 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,220,842 times
I am so gullible---I "always" fall for the jokes! Everyone in my family looks to me to play their jokes on...you'd think I'd catch on, huh? I am blonde!!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:42 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,046,194 times
Okay, I see two April Fool's jokes going on in two of the services of A Large US-Based Search Engine.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:20 AM

72,333 posts, read 18,159,670 times
Mike found a girl http://www.city-data.com/forum/commu...-fun-love.html

Old 04-01-2008, 11:22 AM

2,072 posts, read 5,401,903 times
SOFT PRETZEL MONTH! I'm the king of making soft pretzels!!!

I've always done small stupid things for April fools, but I've never done an actual big prank that was a big deal - so things I've done don't really count. I'll have to plan for that one of these years.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:39 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,977,499 times
I got my wife good today. I told her that our local police just called as they got a complaint that our dogs were barking nonstop for 3 hours. The police called me a few weeks ago as we forgot to shut our sliding glass door to our backyard and the dogs were running around outside barking while we were at work. They thought someone broke into our house and the dogs were scared - no, they were excited because they had the run of the inside AND outside of the house...

So, anyway. She called me from her cell phone because she had started to leave work to go home!! Looks like I'm sleeping with the dogs tonight.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:40 PM

54,477 posts, read 33,783,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
I got my wife good today. I told her that our local police just called as they got a complaint that our dogs were barking nonstop for 3 hours. The police called me a few weeks ago as we forgot to shut our sliding glass door to our backyard and the dogs were running around outside barking while we were at work. They thought someone broke into our house and the dogs were scared - no, they were excited because they had the run of the inside AND outside of the house...

So, anyway. She called me from her cell phone because she had started to leave work to go home!! Looks like I'm sleeping with the dogs tonight.
LOL... But then again, it's still April 1st, so the "sleeping with the dogs tonight" bit might be her April Fools...

Old 04-01-2008, 07:40 PM

3,567 posts, read 3,727,985 times
I have played minor tricks that I don't recall.

Best one on me was my DH in '06. He said he was going to get me a new car. Took me to a lot, test drove a few and everything. He then said April Fool's! Then he took me over to get the keys of the Jeep I had been drooling over for months - He had gotten it for me after all.

Double whammy!

Old 04-01-2008, 08:27 PM

18,168 posts, read 25,710,305 times
I thought I had heard it all from Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon who host Pardon The Interruption on ESPN in the early afternoon.They pick a variety of sports subjects of the day and give that subject a two minute point/counterpoint (usually two minutes per subject). With the NCAA basketball tournament narrowed down to the final four, the lead-in topic centered around the Kansas-Davidson Univ. game, which Kansas won at the very end. Kornheiser: We start the program with breaking news! The NCAA has decided that the Davidson/Kansas game will have to be replayed as a major error has been discovered that one of the Kansas players was in the game even though he played the last few minutes of the game with five fouls and the scorers table made a mistake. So the two teams will have to fly back to San Antonio and play the last 16 seconds over again. Kornheiser and Wilbon are trading insults, pointing fingers, accusing each other of all sorts of nonsense. The clock in the back of them ticks down to 10 seconds, and all of a sudden both guys shut up, reach underneath the table and pull out party whistles, looks at the camera, and says Hey Folks! Guess what? None of this happened. Wanna know why? It's April Fools Day! April Fool!!!! HaHaHaHa. Ol' DOUBLE H got fleeced, conned set up, or as I fondly say, got whim whammed!

Old 04-01-2008, 09:03 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,147,243 times
My next door neighbor is in his 80s and has a bumpersticker on his car which reads "Proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy". This morning, I did this to his lawn and left a note in his newspaper that said "April Fools!"

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w76/kshellyflorida/april1.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics