Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 08:18 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,482,511 times

Advertisements

Nice to see you again! Yeah, I wish I could meet you all for a spell.

~ The best thing you had to eat during the past week: a pork tenderloin sandwich

~ A land other than the U.S.A. that would be fun to visit and your money goes a long way: England

~ Have you ever visited an 'aviary'...that had plants or butterflies or birds or something? Yes

~ Do you enjoy visiting gardening centers, nurseries and greenhouses? Yes

~ Where should I go for a little get-away for 3 or 4 days? Anywhere is a-ok! A tropical island beach

~ Have you had any breezy/windy days lately? No. Hot, humid, dry.

~ How much do you guess it would cost to buy a reliable used car (any make)? 10k

~ Have you had any antibiotic(s) in the last few years? Yes, in the spring, Cipro, bad sinus infection.

~ Have you any: I have all of these

Nose spray or drops?

Eye drops?

Ear drops?

Cotton balls?

Band aids?

Vinegar?

~ FREE: Anything you want but it has to be purple! Whatcha want? Dark purple grapes

~ Have you ever observed what you are pretty sure was a drug transaction out in public? Yes

~ It would be nice if my vehicle had more room in the front and a CD player___.

**** Wonderful Fryday and weekend to you all! ****[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 08:44 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,908,738 times
~ The best thing you had to eat during the past week: === Olive tapenade on crackers.

~ A land other than the U.S.A. that would be fun to visit and your money goes a long way: === Portugal.

~ Have you ever visited an 'aviary'...that had plants or butterflies or birds or something? === I have, but not for years. The geodesic domes in Milwaukee are wonderful -- three different climates with lots of birds and butterflies, particularly in the tropical one.

~ Do you enjoy visiting gardening centers, nurseries and greenhouses? === I don't do much garden shopping here in the desert but I used to enjoy it when I lived in WI.

~ Where should I go for a little get-away for 3 or 4 days? Anywhere is a-ok! === How about visiting the Smithsonian museums in DC?

~ Have you had any breezy/windy days lately? === It was windy last evening but is calm again today.

~ How much do you guess it would cost to buy a reliable used car (any make)? === Maybe $3K?

~ Have you had any antibiotic(s) in the last few years? === Nope.

~ Have you any:

Nose spray or drops?

Eye drops?

Ear drops?

Cotton balls?

Band aids?

Vinegar?

I have all of these.

~ FREE: Anything you want but it has to be purple! Whatcha want? === A 1992 E Type Jaguar please.

~ Have you ever observed what you are pretty sure was a drug transaction out in public? === I haven't, but I guess it's not something I'd notice.

~ [i]It would be nice if my vehicle had a CD player. I have an MP3 player but I really need to load some more music on it. Getting bored with my current selection.

Thanks Roosty!

Old 08-10-2018, 08:53 AM

3,070 posts, read 1,682,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

~ The best thing you had to eat during the past week: Babybacks at a favorite BBQ restaurant.

~ A land other than the U.S.A. that would be fun to visit and your money goes a long way: Australia

~ Have you ever visited an 'aviary'...that had plants or butterflies or birds or something? Yes

~ Do you enjoy visiting gardening centers, nurseries and greenhouses? Yes

~ Where should I go for a little get-away for 3 or 4 days? Anywhere is a-ok! Idaho[/b]

~ Have you had any breezy/windy days lately? Not as much. Last month the strong breezes were almost constant here.

~ How much do you guess it would cost to buy a reliable used car (any make)? I don't drive so I'm the wrong person to make a guess.

~ Have you had any antibiotic(s) in the last few years? No

~ Have you any:

Nose spray or drops? Both

Eye drops? Yes

Ear drops? No

Cotton balls? Yes

Band aids? Yes

Vinegar? Yes

~ FREE: Anything you want but it has to be purple! Whatcha want? Terry cloth jumper. Been actually looking o-nline for one.

~ Have you ever observed what you are pretty sure was a drug transaction out in public? Yes

~ It would be nice if my vehicle had more comfortable seats. I never find cars that comfy.

**** Wonderful Fryday and weekend to you all! ****
Thank, Roost!

Old 08-10-2018, 09:32 AM

38,892 posts, read 22,875,846 times
~ The best thing you had to eat during the past week: Chinese fast food from a local place: Barbecued pork, black pepper chicken and fried rice.

~ A land other than the U.S.A. that would be fun to visit and your money goes a long way: Maybe southern Spain or Portugal.

~ Have you ever visited an 'aviary'...that had plants or butterflies or birds or something? No.

~ Do you enjoy visiting gardening centers, nurseries and greenhouses? If I need something from there.

~ Where should I go for a little get-away for 3 or 4 days? Anywhere is a-ok! Since you're in Florida, maybe St. Augustine or Daytona Beach.

~ Have you had any breezy/windy days lately? I wish we did, to help cool this region off.

~ How much do you guess it would cost to buy a reliable used car (any make)? Depends on a number of factors.

~ Have you had any antibiotic(s) in the last few years? No.

~ Have you any:

Nose spray or drops? No.

Eye drops? Yes.

Ear drops? No.

Cotton balls? Yes.

Band aids? Yes.

Vinegar? Yes.

~ FREE: Anything you want but it has to be purple! Whatcha want? Maybe a couple of purple throw pillows.

~ Have you ever observed what you are pretty sure was a drug transaction out in public? No.

~ It would be nice if my vehicle had a rear view camera to help me when I back up.

Have a fabulous Friday!

Old 08-10-2018, 09:34 AM

16,671 posts, read 17,435,450 times
Great- lost the post.

I ain't doing that again!

Have a good weekend rainroosty.

Old 08-10-2018, 11:11 AM

24,470 posts, read 26,003,936 times
Likewise Rppsty.

~ The best thing you had to eat during the past week:
Baby Back ribs at home, very yummy.

~ A land other than the U.S.A. that would be fun to visit and your money goes a long way:
Vietnam

~ Have you ever visited an 'aviary'...that had plants or butterflies or birds or something?
Yep

~ Do you enjoy visiting gardening centers, nurseries and greenhouses?
Not really because it usually costs me a bunch of bucks.

~ Where should I go for a little get-away for 3 or 4 days? Anywhere is a-ok!
San Diego, CA

~ Have you had any breezy/windy days lately?
Daily, hot, low humidity and lousy air from a big brush fire.

~ How much do you guess it would cost to buy a reliable used car (any make)?
According to the various experts in the Automotive forum. $5K to $6K.

~ Have you had any antibiotic(s) in the last few years?
Yep

~ Have you any:

Nose spray or drops?

Eye drops?

Ear drops?No

Cotton balls?

Band aids?

Vinegar?

~ FREE: Anything you want but it has to be purple! Whatcha want?
A special order Acura NSX.

~ Have you ever observed what you are pretty sure was a drug transaction out in public?
Don't think so.

~ It would be nice if my vehicle had Dash Cam.

Thanx Roosty for the interesting Q's.

Old 08-10-2018, 12:17 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
[quote=rainroosty;52758388]Nice to see you again! Yeah, I wish I could meet you all for a spell.
OMG that would be so fun roosty. Want to go snorkel with the manatees with me in the fall?

~ The best thing you had to eat during the past week:
Steak on a charcoal grill.

~ A land other than the U.S.A. that would be fun to visit and your money goes a long way:
Vietnam.

~ Have you ever visited an 'aviary'...that had plants or butterflies or birds or something?

Yes to both.

I could live there
~ Where should I go for a little get-away for 3 or 4 days? Anywhere is a-ok!

Michigan.

I live near the windy city. It gets annoying when you're trying to ride your bike and it's still blowing at night.
~ How much do you guess it would cost to buy a reliable used car (any make)?
About 8 grand.

~ Have you had any antibiotic(s) in the last few years?

Yes for the surgery.
~ Have you any:

Nose spray or drops?

Eye drops?

Ear drops?

Cotton balls?

Band aids? A lot.

Vinegar? I'm cleaning my dishwasher with it now.

~ FREE: Anything you want but it has to be purple! Whatcha want?
Maybe some more cone flowers.

~ Have you ever observed what you are pretty sure was a drug transaction out in public?

I don't think so.
~ It would be nice if my vehicle had _two thousand mile again. I drove it yesterday for the first time in over 3 months. We had to jump it. ____________.

Thanks roosty, you too. Time to get ready for therapy.

Old 08-10-2018, 01:08 PM

4,045 posts, read 1,870,991 times

~ The best thing you had to eat during the past week: Cherry tomatoes, picked from the vine and popped in my mouth. They are like candy for me!

~ A land other than the U.S.A. that would be fun to visit and your money goes a long way: I don't know about the $, but I'd like to go back to PEI.

~ Have you ever visited an 'aviary'...that had plants or butterflies or birds or something? I've gone several times to a butterfly conservatory in Massachusetts and also to the Vermont Institute of Natural Science.

~ Do you enjoy visiting gardening centers, nurseries and greenhouses? I do! There are several in the area that I go to and just wander about.

~ Where should I go for a little get-away for 3 or 4 days? Anywhere is a-ok! You've asked about get aways, roosty. I think you should do it! Go somewhere to find snakes and other critters you're interested in.

~ Have you had any breezy/windy days lately? With the rain, yes. A couple weeks ago it was strong enough that one of my sister's apple trees came down, roots and all. Happily, they were able to save it.

~ How much do you guess it would cost to buy a reliable used car (any make)? I know little about cars & would need to do some research.

~ Have you had any antibiotic(s) in the last few years? Oh, three or four years ago, I think.

~ Have you any:

Nose spray or drops?

Eye drops?

Ear drops?

Cotton balls?

Band aids? A few of these in the car

Vinegar? A few different kinds

~ FREE: Anything you want but it has to be purple! Whatcha want? A wool coat for winter

~ Have you ever observed what you are pretty sure was a drug transaction out in public? Just recently

~ It would be nice if my vehicle had ...... There are so many things it has that I have no idea how to use. I'll say wings. Or maybe it could be fitted with whatever it needs to float in the water.

**** Wonderful Fryday and weekend to you all! **** Thanks, roosty! Now off you go for 3 or 4 days. Tell us about it next Fryday!

Old 08-10-2018, 03:20 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,387,812 times
Hi Hi

~ The best thing you had to eat during the past week: My homemade vegetarian pizza

~ A land other than the U.S.A. that would be fun to visit and your money goes a long way: Chile

~ Where should I go for a little get-away for 3 or 4 days? Anywhere is a-ok! New Hampshire

~ How much do you guess it would cost to buy a reliable used car (any make)? No idea

~ Have you had any antibiotic(s) in the last few years? Hmmmm....many about seven years ago

~ Have you any:

Nose spray or drops?

Eye drops?

Ear drops?

Cotton balls?

Band aids?

Vinegar?

~ FREE: Anything you want but it has to be purple! Whatcha want? purple kohlrabi

~ Have you ever observed what you are pretty sure was a drug transaction out in public? sadly yes

~ [i]It would be nice if my vehicle had a cd player.

Almost bedtime for me--tomorrow is my Friday!

Old 08-10-2018, 04:21 PM

4,699 posts, read 3,279,018 times

~ The best thing you had to eat during the past week:.........Fresh corn on the cob, fresh tomatoes and watermelon.

~ A land other than the U.S.A. that would be fun to visit and your money goes a long way:.............A deserted tropical island.

~ Have you ever visited an 'aviary'...that had plants or butterflies or birds or something?............Yes

~ Do you enjoy visiting gardening centers, nurseries and greenhouses? ..........Sometimes

~ Where should I go for a little get-away for 3 or 4 days? Anywhere is a-ok!..............Rural Tennessee in the mountains.

~ Have you had any breezy/windy days lately?............Yes

~ How much do you guess it would cost to buy a reliable used car (any make)?...........$15,000 or so. The used car market is strong right now.

~ Have you had any antibiotic(s) in the last few years?.........Unfortunately I have.

~ Have you any:

Nose spray or drops?..........Yes

Eye drops?..........Yes

Ear drops?............Yes

Cotton balls?..........No, I like cotton rounds for makeup and nail polish removal.

Band aids?...........Yes

Vinegar?...........Yes

~ FREE: Anything you want but it has to be purple! Whatcha want?..............How about a purple Corvette!

~ Have you ever observed what you are pretty sure was a drug transaction out in public?............Yes

~ It would be nice if my vehicle had ___My vehicle is nicely equipped so I’ll go for new tires or unlimited gas.__________.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics