Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2006, 10:04 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times

Advertisements

Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.

Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Are you laughing?

Funny how when you forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it.

Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of us.

Pass it on if you think it has merit. If not then just discard it... no one will know you did. But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in

__._,_.___
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2006, 10:42 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,593 times
Ben Stein is right. He nailed it. We all know it's true, but one person can stand up in our legal society and cork us all, just like the famous athiest Madalyn Murray O'Hare who stopped school prayer, bible reading. She made it her life to oppose Christianity in America and fight with lawsuits any vulnerable place she could find in American society. Her son admitted she lied to the courts about him facing violence, one of the main themes of her winning her suit through the Supreme Court about "forced" bible reading in school -ending school prayer in America. She hated Christians and hated her own family. She was a miserable and cruel mother, a mean woman. People like that have contributed to what Ben Stein addresses. Even this whole Seattle SeaTac airport fiasco with the Christmas trees over the lawsuit threatened by the rabbi. I don't think the rabbi meant for things to go as far as they did, but it's more of the same that Ben Stein makes his point about.
We need common sense to prevail in our society again and for the courts to act quickly to strike down the "trolls and firestarters" whose goals are simply to tear apart the fabric of society.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:40 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,170,775 times
You said that right, I think it is time things went back to what our heritage is about, why can people come in and change things when it has been this way for generations, I for one want my heritage back. Thanks, MoMark
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Ben Stein is right. He nailed it. We all know it's true, but one person can stand up in our legal society and cork us all, just like the famous athiest Madalyn Murray O'Hare who stopped school prayer, bible reading. She made it her life to oppose Christianity in America and fight with lawsuits any vulnerable place she could find in American society. Her son admitted she lied to the courts about him facing violence, one of the main themes of her winning her suit through the Supreme Court about "forced" bible reading in school -ending school prayer in America. She hated Christians and hated her own family. She was a miserable and cruel mother, a mean woman. People like that have contributed to what Ben Stein addresses. Even this whole Seattle SeaTac airport fiasco with the Christmas trees over the lawsuit threatened by the rabbi. I don't think the rabbi meant for things to go as far as they did, but it's more of the same that Ben Stein makes his point about.
We need common sense to prevail in our society again and for the courts to act quickly to strike down the "trolls and firestarters" whose goals are simply to tear apart the fabric of society.

Old 12-15-2006, 04:29 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
You said that right, I think it is time things went back to what our heritage is about, why can people come in and change things when it has been this way for generations, I for one want my heritage back. Thanks, MoMark
Well, I think some change is good & necessary in a society... what's that saying, "the only constant is change?" But I agree we don't need to mess with little things, which really only bother a select few. We've discussed this on a few other threads already, so I won't go through all my thoughts again - but as long as nothing is forced on me (like making my children say a prayer in public school), this Jew doesn't care if you wish me a "Merry Christmas." I also appreciate some beautiful decorations and lights... there's one street nearby that goes ALL-out every year, and I'm looking forward to walking down & snapping some pics next week. I'm also looking forward to the menorah lighting downtown - Chanukah actually starts this evening!

Oh yeah, and I love Ben Stein... even though he is a Republican, lol.

Old 12-15-2006, 07:06 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,155,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Well, I think some change is good & necessary in a society... what's that saying, "the only constant is change?" But I agree we don't need to mess with little things, which really only bother a select few. We've discussed this on a few other threads already, so I won't go through all my thoughts again - but as long as nothing is forced on me (like making my children say a prayer in public school), this Jew doesn't care if you wish me a "Merry Christmas." I also appreciate some beautiful decorations and lights... there's one street nearby that goes ALL-out every year, and I'm looking forward to walking down & snapping some pics next week. I'm also looking forward to the menorah lighting downtown - Chanukah actually starts this evening!

Oh yeah, and I love Ben Stein... even though he is a Republican, lol.

Hey Gizmo. Merry Christmas to you and SHALOM!!!

Old 12-15-2006, 07:17 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Hey Gizmo. Merry Christmas to you and SHALOM!!!
Happy Chanukah to you, and... ummm... Yuletide Greetings!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics