Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 03:15 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,958,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
looks like part 1 is doing better than part 2 to me
You know...I was going to say that..but held back!!!! This time you're the bold one I LOVE North Carolina!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2006, 02:51 PM

21 posts, read 86,954 times
in my school we didnt have different groups ( or at least i dont think so ) I did track and was on the dance squad and did the fashions shows so i guess you could consider me as being sociable but, me being more popular than others i didnt see it like that we just all hung out together.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:35 PM

98 posts, read 430,016 times
I got a senior superlative in high school! My school is the only school I know of that had this one.. Weekend Welcomer.. I was the partyer I guess

Old 12-23-2006, 09:59 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,199,850 times
shy for sure and sweet, so I'm told

Old 12-29-2006, 12:08 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,315,054 times
Oh lord, I think I've admitted this one already LOL!!!! I was mainly a "burnout", aka stoners, dirtbags, metalheads, shall I go on???? Anyway, no I wasn't technically "burnt out", I was alert, got good grades and had lots of friends, but I liked to listen to rock n' roll, heavy metal, etc. and "smash my head into the wall" as my parents liked to think we did. However, with all the concerts I've been to, I don't think I've actually hit my head on a wall (I still go with my husband and no head smashing, but yes, the hands are up in the air, sometimes punching, sometimes doing that Ronnie James Dio sign, but the concerts are more mellow now....no I don't hold up lighters though LOL). However, I also was friends with everyone, wore the poofy hair and blue eyeliner (like the "guidos"), only instead of cavaricci's and Boss/IOU shirts, my big hair and eyeliner were attached to a leather jacket, ripped jeans and suede boots with the big hair and eyeliner. The gold jewelry was replaced by silver and these things called slave bracelets (ring attached to chain attached to bracelet). I also played sports and grew up like a tomboy so I guess I had a little Jock in me too. Confused???? I loved every minute of it!!!!!

Old 12-29-2006, 06:35 PM

104 posts, read 234,224 times
I started out the ugly duckling- horrible really. Strict parents wouldn't let me wear any make-up. braces, a few freckles accross my nose, 5'9"(taller than most of the boys) skinny. Boys were not allowed to call my home or heaven forbid go on any dates(not that anyone asked). I woke up every morning to a poster BillY Idol-yes the 80's were the best !!!! Over a summer I bloomed so to speak and didn't really know how to handle all of the attention. I still saw the ugly duck in the mirror. To all the boys that told me to my face how ugly I was .......I got the last laugh when I became a model doing bikini posters ,magazine spreads etc. all of a sudden they spoke to me. My 20 year reunion is in September. Not sure that I want to go. Whew, felt good to vent...... thank you.

Old 12-30-2006, 04:34 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,738,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by o.c.momof3 View Post
I started out the ugly duckling- horrible really. Strict parents wouldn't let me wear any make-up. braces, a few freckles accross my nose, 5'9"(taller than most of the boys) skinny. Boys were not allowed to call my home or heaven forbid go on any dates(not that anyone asked). I woke up every morning to a poster BillY Idol-yes the 80's were the best !!!! Over a summer I bloomed so to speak and didn't really know how to handle all of the attention. I still saw the ugly duck in the mirror. To all the boys that told me to my face how ugly I was .......I got the last laugh when I became a model doing bikini posters ,magazine spreads etc. all of a sudden they spoke to me. My 20 year reunion is in September. Not sure that I want to go. Whew, felt good to vent...... thank you.

I've heard that story before about tall, skinny girls in school that were treated bad by the boys but grew up and became models, good for you. I think you should go to the reunion and show them how beautiful you turned out.

Old 01-01-2007, 10:08 PM

104 posts, read 234,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I've heard that story before about tall, skinny girls in school that were treated bad by the boys but grew up and became models, good for you. I think you should go to the reunion and show them how beautiful you turned out.
I can't decide...... Funny thing is now the girls are the ones that won't talk to me . Just can't win sometimes

Old 01-01-2007, 11:30 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,044,196 times
I was a punk. Had the biker jacket, purple hair, Doc Martins, and the whole nine yards. That was 15 years ago, and I've mellowed significantly since then (except for some of my politics

Old 01-02-2007, 07:09 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,738,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by o.c.momof3 View Post
I can't decide...... Funny thing is now the girls are the ones that won't talk to me . Just can't win sometimes
Unfortunately, a lot of girls/women are insecure with themselves, so if they see someone else that they perceive more attractive then they aren't that friendly. I'm not saying all women but I've had that problem also, I kill them with kindness and humor, that seems to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics