Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 09:42 PM
bjh

60,051 posts, read 30,356,423 times

Advertisements

Sundays Questions:
-Have you ever had something quit working just days after the warranty either expired or went from full no cost replacement to pro-rated replacement?
Probably. I'm getting less and less good at remembering specifics when they happened long ago.

-Not counting the ocassional hurricane or tornado does it get very windy where you live?
It sure does and the surprising thing is we're hundreds of miles away from Washington.

-Do you like to go outside on real windy days?
I don't mind it. It can be downright refreshing, especially with rain or sleet.

-Do you enjoy watching lightning and thunder storms?
Sometimes and been near strikes that were uncomfortably close a time or two.

-If TN Tin Man goes outside on a windy day does his funnel start to whistle? What tune does it play?
It absolutely does. It plays, we're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz.

-Do you ever stay awake at night pondering important things such as how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
No, but now you mention it I'll stay awake some night to ponder how much Cher gets in
royalties for the playing of "I've Got You Babe" over and over again in Groundhog Day.

-If you dropped ten pounds of feathers on your foot would it hurt?
Only if it's 2 feathers wrapped in a lead container.

When it comes to doing laundry I...
-Sort the laundry into different loads. Sort of.
-Pre-treat stains before washing. Maybe.
-Sort of look like I know what I am doing.
-Just shove everything into the washer and hope for the best.
-Do laundry? That is someone else's job.

-Have you ever accidently dropped something heavy and without thinking stuck your foot out to try to stop the heavy item from hitting the ground?

After riding around in the Jeep for a couple days, it was decided the questions were not improving with age.
Therefore, once again as Geraldine would say..."What you see is what you get".
At least they were aged like a fine stinky cheese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 11:25 PM

256 posts, read 150,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post
Welcome to the 'While I was waiting' edition of the QOTD. A couple days ago the battery in the Jeep decided 3 years of service was enough. During the hour I had to wait for road service to come get me going again I came up with the questions for today.

Sundays Questions:

-Have you ever had something quit working just days after the warranty either expired or went from full no cost replacement to pro-rated replacement? I don't think so.

-Not counting the ocassional hurricane or tornado does it get very windy where you live? Unfortunately it hardly does...the windiest times are when "cold" (50 highs 30 lows) fronts come through and the average wind speed during the day is around 10-12 mph. It typically lies between 4-7 during the day and calm at night.

-Do you like to go outside on real windy days? Yes!!!

-Do you enjoy watching lightning and thunder storms? Usually from our front porch

-If TN Tin Man goes outside on a windy day does his funnel start to whistle? What tune does it play? I wish I knew

-Do you ever stay awake at night pondering important things such as how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? I ponder important things but not this one

-If you dropped ten pounds of feathers on your foot would it hurt? I don't think so

-Sort the laundry into different loads. Yes
-Pre-treat stains before washing. Never treated a stain
-Sort of look like I know what I am doing. Basically
-Just shove everything into the washer and hope for the best. Ehhh sorta
-Do laundry? That is someone else's job. True

-Have you ever accidently dropped something heavy and without thinking stuck your foot out to try to stop the heavy item from hitting the ground? No but I've DEFINITELY dropped stuff on my foot.
-How long did your foot hurt afterwards? The rest of the night and I could feel it the day after too.

After riding around in the Jeep for a couple days, it was decided the questions were not improving with age. Therefore, once again as Geraldine would say..."What you see is what you get".
Nice questions

Old 12-08-2018, 11:44 PM

24,435 posts, read 25,963,743 times
Welcome to the 'While I was waiting' edition of the QOTD. A couple days ago the battery in the Jeep decided 3 years of service was enough. During the hour I had to wait for road service to come get me going again I came up with the questions for today.

Sundays Questions:

-Have you ever had something quit working just days after the warranty either expired or went from full no cost replacement to pro-rated replacement?
Yep, in fact my hand held B&D vacuum just died.

-Not counting the ocassional hurricane or tornado does it get very windy where you live?
Only when the Santa Ana winds blow.

Ahhh,no.

Yes I do.

-If TN Tin Man goes outside on a windy day does his funnel start to whistle? What tune does it play?
Yep, whistle while you work.

-Do you ever stay awake at night pondering important things such as how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Yep, sometimes the brain bounces from topic to topic keeping me tossing and turning and nothing gets resolved.

10 lbs is 10 lbs.

-Sort the laundry into different loads.
-Pre-treat stains before washing.

-Do laundry? That is someone else's job.sometimes

-Have you ever accidently dropped something heavy and without thinking stuck your foot out to try to stop the heavy item from hitting the ground?
Dont think so.

After riding around in the Jeep for a couple days, it was decided the questions were not improving with age. Therefore, once again as Geraldine would say..."What you see is what you get".

Thanx Mutt, hope you got a new battery and the Jeep is OK.
Rate this post positively

Old 12-09-2018, 01:01 AM

44,616 posts, read 61,553,895 times
Sundays Questions:

-Have you ever had something quit working just days after the warranty either expired or went from full no cost replacement to pro-rated replacement? Many times, primarily batteries.

-Not counting the occasional hurricane or tornado does it get very windy where you live? Rarely, usually during our 'monsoon' season we get a few heavy/windy dust storms.

-Do you like to go outside on real windy days? No, those are bad hair days.

-Do you enjoy watching lightning and thunder storms? Sometimes.

-If TN Tin Man goes outside on a windy day does his funnel start to whistle? What tune does it play? Dixie.

-Do you ever stay awake at night pondering important things such as how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Only when I need some wood.

-If you dropped ten pounds of feathers on your foot would it hurt? Ouch.

-Have you ever accidently dropped something heavy and without thinking stuck your foot out to try to stop the heavy item from hitting the ground? Yes.
-How long did your foot hurt afterwards? It's been so long I don't remember.

After riding around in the Jeep for a couple days, it was decided the questions were not improving with age. Therefore, once again as Geraldine would say..."What you see is what you get".[/quote]

Thanx Mutt, you can use this jeep next time, it has a permanent solar battery

Old 12-09-2018, 03:23 AM

37,791 posts, read 40,977,589 times
Welcome to the 'While I was waiting' edition of the QOTD. A couple days ago the battery in the Jeep decided 3 years of service was enough. During the hour I had to wait for road service to come get me going again I came up with the questions for today. Good thing to pass time.

Sundays Questions:

yes, car.

-Not counting the occasional hurricane or tornado does it get very windy where you live? No

-Do you like to go outside on real windy days? No, have a hard enough time walking on regular days.

-Do you enjoy watching lightning and thunder storms? No but love the skies for photos right before one.

-If TN Tin Man goes outside on a windy day does his funnel start to whistle? What tune does it play? Follow The Yellow Brick Road?

-Do you ever stay awake at night pondering important things such as how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? No, I'm still consumed with the Humpty Dumpty conspiracy and besides, I call them groundhogs.

-If you dropped ten pounds of feathers on your foot would it hurt? yes

No sorting - shove everything in except never did that with new jeans because I didn't want everything blue..

-Have you ever accidently dropped something heavy and without thinking stuck your foot out to try to stop the heavy item from hitting the ground? No.
-How long did your foot hurt afterwards? N/A

Old 12-09-2018, 04:09 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,378,875 times
Good Morning...

-Have you ever had something quit working just days after the warranty either expired or went from full no cost replacement to pro-rated replacement? Many years ago I had a washing machine that quit after one year--due to something mechanical in the machine. The warranty was up. I still ended up getting a brand new replacement with my reasoning that the machine should have lasted at least ten years.

-Not counting the ocassional hurricane or tornado does it get very windy where you live? We have windy days. Is it always windy? No, but we get crazy windy days sometimes.

-Do you like to go outside on real windy days? No. Wind is one element of weather I am the least fond of.

-Do you enjoy watching lightning and thunder storms? Yes, very much! With the global warming (that we are not having ) we get a few bouts of thunder in the Winter now. Last year I heard a very loud boom during a snowstorm and felt like my house shook--it was thunder!

-If TN Tin Man goes outside on a windy day does his funnel start to whistle? What tune does it play? Spirit in the Sky

-Do you ever stay awake at night pondering important things such as how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Never!

-If you dropped ten pounds of feathers on your foot would it hurt? I am going to go with--> it is a complicated answer, air resistance would be a factor--depends on the rate of speed of how far it is dropped.

-Sort the laundry into different loads. Yes, delicate, regular and towels and sheets

-Have you ever accidently dropped something heavy and without thinking stuck your foot out to try to stop the heavy item from hitting the ground? Probably
-How long did your foot hurt afterwards?

Wishing you a super duper Sunday!

Old 12-09-2018, 05:01 AM

30,473 posts, read 16,182,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Mutt View Post

at least you spent the time constructively.

Sundays Questions:

not that I remember but I had stuff go on my Ford Ranger before the warranty expired that Ford wouldn't honor.

-Not counting the occassional hurricane or tornado does it get very windy where you live?

yea.

nope. dries my eyes out.

yes.

not sure but there'd be a whole of dogs behind him.

more like if I've got enough peanut butter left for dinner or do I really have to go grocery shopping. The woodchucks can ponder their own wood chucking habits.

probably not as much as it hurt the birds whose feathers went into the 10 lbs.

-Just shove everything into the washer and hope for the best. <<<<<<works for me!

not that I remember.

Can I have what I don't see?

thanks, mutt. hope your jeep feels better soon.

Old 12-09-2018, 05:37 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,534,001 times
Sundays Questions:

-Have you ever had something quit working just days after the warranty either expired or went from full no cost replacement to pro-rated replacement? More than once

-Not counting the ocassional hurricane or tornado does it get very windy where you live? Yes

-Do you like to go outside on real windy days? Sometimes

-Do you enjoy watching lightning and thunder storms? Very much so

-If TN Tin Man goes outside on a windy day does his funnel start to whistle? Possibly What tune does it play?

-Do you ever stay awake at night pondering important things such as how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Yes, that's what insomniacs do.

-If you dropped ten pounds of feathers on your foot would it hurt? Only if compressed into a tight ball.

When it comes to doing laundry I... NA
-Sort the laundry into different loads. NA
-Pre-treat stains before washing. NA
-Sort of look like I know what I am doing. NA
-Just shove everything into the washer and hope for the best. NA

-Have you ever accidently dropped something heavy and without thinking stuck your foot out to try to stop the heavy item from hitting the ground? No

Thanks Mutt. Maybe I can sleep now.

Old 12-09-2018, 05:56 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,276,145 times

Sundays Questions:

-Have you ever had something quit working just days after the warranty either expired or went from full no cost replacement to pro-rated replacement?.........I can’t think of anything. My husband would probably say batteries.

-Not counting the ocassional hurricane or tornado does it get very windy where you live?..........Sometimes

-Do you like to go outside on real windy days?.....No, I hate the wind.

-Do you enjoy watching lightning and thunder storms?.........Occasionally

-If TN Tin Man goes outside on a windy day does his funnel start to whistle?.....Yes What tune does it play?.....The theme to the Andy Griffith show.

-Do you ever stay awake at night pondering important things such as how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?...........Nothing as important as that.

-If you dropped ten pounds of feathers on your foot would it hurt?........Yes, 10 pounds is 10 pounds.

-Have you ever accidently dropped something heavy and without thinking stuck your foot out to try to stop the heavy item from hitting the ground?.........Yes
-How long did your foot hurt afterwards?.......A day or so.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:58 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,905,909 times
-Have you ever had something quit working just days after the warranty either expired or went from full no cost replacement to pro-rated replacement? === Don't think so.

-Not counting the occasional hurricane or tornado does it get very windy where you live? === Yes, in the spring and fall.

-Do you like to go outside on real windy days? === Not especially.

-Do you enjoy watching lightning and thunder storms? === I do.

-If TN Tin Man goes outside on a windy day does his funnel start to whistle? What tune does it play? === The angle would have to be just right, but if that happens, maybe "Favorite Things"?

-Do you ever stay awake at night pondering important things such as how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? === I don't, but if I'm busy, I have my own litany.

-If you dropped ten pounds of feathers on your foot would it hurt? === It would and I think the bag would bury me.

-Sort the laundry into different loads. <----
-Pre-treat stains before washing. <----

-Have you ever accidentally dropped something heavy and without thinking stuck your foot out to try to stop the heavy item from hitting the ground? === I'm thinking not.

Thanks Mutt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics