U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-08-2008, 04:36 PM

138 posts, read 601,774 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know if the U.S. Post Office will give me the forwarding address of a neighbor that recently moved ?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 04:47 PM

5,269 posts, read 10,250,151 times
Answer is SIMPLE. If you are a young good looking chick, do you think the Post Office should give me your forwarding address without your knowledge? NO WAY PERIOD. Some years back in Calif. drivers were required to have vehicle registration on the visor visible from the outside. A young late teen girl was Raped after someone copied her address from the visible registration. Now, you only have to keep it in the vehicle if asked for by a police officer. Hope this answers your question. Stefhen

Old 04-08-2008, 04:52 PM

4,891 posts, read 12,029,593 times
if the neighbor moved less than a year ago, just send whatever to the old address and it will be forwarded to them

Old 04-08-2008, 05:23 PM

2,689 posts, read 4,473,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
if the neighbor moved less than a year ago, just send whatever to the old address and it will be forwarded to them

Yep. That's the way it works!

Old 04-09-2008, 08:14 AM

2,934 posts, read 7,627,266 times
This begs the question ... I've seen envelopes with a message printed on them asking the postmaster to 1) forward and 2) address correction requested .. and I know that some of my mailing groups (membership things as example) have made the change in their computers based on the info they did receive from somewhere other than me.

Right after we moved I got a newsletter with the yellow sticker that had my forwarding address applied by the post office. I forgot to contact the publisher to change my address, but the next newsletter came with the new address already in place.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:27 AM

11,291 posts, read 11,243,452 times
Depends on the PO. Years after my son was divorced and uncle sam was mailing out tax rebates, his ex wife had HIS mail forwarded to her address in hopes of getting his tax check.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:39 AM

774 posts, read 45,479 times
My husband died 20 years ago and there is one publication (of interest to him, not to me) that has followed me through two different moves!

Old 11-28-2008, 07:51 PM

2 posts, read 88,023 times
I won a judgement in civil court against someone. They moved and I need to find out where to, so I can have a motion sent to them to try and recover monies owed to me. The post office will not give it to me. I cannot afford a lawyer to do it for me. No point in sending it to the old address even though it will get forwarded as the court requires that I give them the actual physical address where he is now!!!! It is very frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions, would the OPRA law allow me access to this info from the P.O. Please help! I even offered to show the post office all paper work of the judgement against him to no avail.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:52 PM

2 posts, read 88,023 times
Default Obtaining fowarding address from Post Office

I won a judgement in civil court against someone. They moved and I need to find out where to, so I can have a motion sent to them to try and recover monies owed to me. The post office will not give it to me. I cannot afford a lawyer to do it for me. No point in sending it to the old address even though it will get forwarded as the court requires that I give them the actual physical address where he is now!!!! It is very frustrating. Does anyone have any suggestions, would the OPRA law allow me access to this info from the P.O. Please help! I even offered to show the post office all paper work of the judgement against him to no avail.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:04 PM

28,311 posts, read 21,324,391 times
There are many on line search engines that can locate people for you. Most with a reasonable fee if the situation is that important to you. Type in the persons name you're seeking and all kinds of help will appear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics