Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 08:01 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,908,334 times

Advertisements

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you ever talk aloud to yourself? If so, when did you last do so? === Just if I do something stupid. But other than that, all my conversations with myself are in my head.

Do find that, at least occasionally, talking aloud helps you figure out a problem or task you are working on? === I don't.

If you have a pet or pets, do you talk "baby talk" to them or talk just as though they were people? === Not baby talk, but with a different tone than I use with people.

Have you ever talked to a plant? === I haven't!

Have you ever talked to a wild animal? === Don't think so.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you remember what design was on your lunch box when you were a kid in school? === Lunch boxes weren't a "thing" in New Zealand.

Do you, or did you, carry a lunch to work? === Didn't.

When was the last time you used a Thermos container, and what was in it? Years and years ago. Probably coffee.

Do you drink coffee while driving? === I do.

If you love fancy coffee drinks but hate spending a heap o' money on them, try this: take a packet of regular or diet hot cocoa mix and instead of using water to make the cocoa, use coffee. Voila! A delicious mocha latte for a fraction of the price of those fancy coffee drinks from Starbucks or other retailers. === Good idea Pam!

EXTRA CREDIT

How well did you sleep last night? === Well thanks. I didn't sleep well the night before so a good sleep was welcome.

Have you ever been so overtired that you found it difficult to fall asleep when you wen to bed? === Probably, but not since I retired.

Do you sometimes have a night when you just can't seem to shut your brain down so that you can fall asleep? === Very seldom thank goodness.

What, besides taking a pill, do you find helps you fall asleep? === Watching TV.

Safe travels Pam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 08:31 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
[quote=PJSaturn;54408722]Greetings, everyone! Happy Tuesday. Let's get right down to business and see what's happening with

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you ever talk aloud to yourself? If so, when did you last do so? Sure, every day.

Do find that, at least occasionally, talking aloud helps you figure out a problem or task you are working on? Sometimes, yes. If I get all wound up in my thoughts, it is sometimes easier to examine things almost as if I were laying them out for someone else to understand.

If you have a pet or pets, do you talk "baby talk" to them or talk just as though they were people?
No, when I have had pet (only cats in adulthood) I always take the "Hey, Dude" approach.

Have you ever talked to a plant? Rarely, I am more apt to address comments to the bugs on them.

Have you ever talked to a wild animal? Feral cats, a skunk once

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you remember what design was on your lunch box when you were a kid in school? I lived in the village so I ate lunch at home. A lot of village kids did.

Do you, or did you, carry a lunch to work? Never that I remember.

If you took lunch to work, did you carry it in a paper sack, a lunch box, cooler or something else?

When was the last time you used a Thermos container, and what was in it? Maybe nine years ago. I fractured my spine and it was too painful to get out of bed, so people would fill up a thermos with water and leave it by my bed.

Do you drink coffee while driving? No, I just drive while driving. As a pedestrian I and two other people were sideswiped by a jerk on his cell phone, and that was enough to make me anti doing anything while driving.

If you love fancy coffee drinks but hate spending a heap o' money on them, try this: take a packet of regular or diet hot cocoa mix and instead of using water to make the cocoa, use coffee. Voila! A delicious mocha latte for a fraction of the price of those fancy coffee drinks from Starbucks or other retailers.

EXTRA CREDIT

How well did you sleep last night? Woke up several times.

Have you ever been so overtired that you found it difficult to fall asleep when you wen to bed? Once in a blue moon.

Do you sometimes have a night when you just can't seem to shut your brain down so that you can fall asleep? Yes

What, besides taking a pill, do you find helps you fall asleep? Not obsessing about it.

That's all for today, kiddies. I need to hit the sack and try to get a good night's sleep. Not only do I need to be on the ball to deal with an ice storm during my morning commute, but I also have an appointment to donate blood after work. A good night's sleep will be helpful.

[b]Good night, all, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before the days it out.

Hope your commute wasn't nasty. I used to donate blood frequently, but then I got Hep A in an outbreak, then B from sharing a bottle of soda with someone who came down with it three days late, and ultimately C too! I'm fine, but now my blood is liquid death. Even vampires run the other way.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:07 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,352,256 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you ever talk aloud to yourself? If so, when did you last do so? Yes. I just spoke to my insulated UTEP coffee cup this morning when the slide opening on top kept closing on me.

Do find that, at least occasionally, talking aloud helps you figure out a problem or task you are working on? Sure but, during my working days, that's the only time my co-workers seemed to hear anything I said.

If you have a pet or pets, do you talk "baby talk" to them or talk just as though they were people? My dogs look at me with cocked heads every time I say something to them. I'm pretty sure they don't understand English no matter how it is expressed.

Have you ever talked to a plant? I think only to a sand burr that caught in my socks.

Have you ever talked to a wild animal? I would not only talk baby talk to Punxsutawney Phil but I'd kiss him on the lips if he would lie to everyone on sunny days each year.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you remember what design was on your lunch box when you were a kid in school? Never had one.

Do you, or did you, carry a lunch to work? Only in the early days.

If you took lunch to work, did you carry it in a paper sack, a lunch box, cooler or something else?

When was the last time you used a Thermos container, and what was in it? Around 1980. I'm sure it was something cold.

Do you drink coffee while driving? Occasionally.

If you love fancy coffee drinks but hate spending a heap o' money on them, try this: take a packet of regular or diet hot cocoa mix and instead of using water to make the cocoa, use coffee. Voila! A delicious mocha latte for a fraction of the price of those fancy coffee drinks from Starbucks or other retailers. This morning I'm having a teaspoon of instant coffee and two teaspoons of hot chocolate mix.

EXTRA CREDIT

How well did you sleep last night? Fairly well.

Have you ever been so overtired that you found it difficult to fall asleep when you wen to bed? I'm sure I have.

Do you sometimes have a night when you just can't seem to shut your brain down so that you can fall asleep? Yes but only when I was still working in an office.

What, besides taking a pill, do you find helps you fall asleep? By watching The Slime People on my smart phone.

Thanks for your time Pam.

Today is supposed to be warmer so hopefully I can get outside again without being wrapped in layers. I'm beginning to get cabin fever.

Regarding donating blood, I recently learned that, had I stayed in the Air Force and agreed to go with the F-111s to Upper Heyford, England in the early 1970s as would have been the terms of my reenlistment, I could never again donate blood due the possibility of having encountered Mad Cow Disease (BSE) while there.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:12 AM

126,272 posts, read 19,045,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Greetings, everyone! Happy Tuesday. Let's get right down to business and see what's happening with

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Do you ever talk aloud to yourself? If so, when did you last do so?

......Every day

Do find that, at least occasionally, talking aloud helps you figure out a problem or task you are working on?

.....Yes especially when I bake or cook

If you have a pet or pets, do you talk "baby talk" to them or talk just as though they were people?

.....No baby talk ever to my pets just regular talking

Have you ever talked to a plant?
.....I always talk to my plants

Have you ever talked to a wild animal?

.....No

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you remember what design was on your lunch box when you were a kid in school?

........My lunch was wrapped in newspaper and put in a brown bag

Do you, or did you, carry a lunch to work?

.....I always made my own lunch and carried it in my bag

.......It was in a container inside my bag

When was the last time you used a Thermos container, and what was in it?

........ whenever I go out I carry a thermos with water

Do you drink coffee while driving?

.........Only at a stopover I purchase coffee

If you love fancy coffee drinks but hate spending a heap o' money on them, try this: take a packet of regular or diet hot cocoa mix and instead of using water to make the cocoa, use coffee. Voila! A delicious mocha latte for a fraction of the price of those fancy coffee drinks from Starbucks or other retailers.

EXTRA CREDIT

How well did you sleep last night?

.....Very well !

Have you ever been so overtired that you found it difficult to fall asleep when you wen to bed?

........Yes

Do you sometimes have a night when you just can't seem to shut your brain down so that you can fall asleep?

...... Rarely

What, besides taking a pill, do you find helps you fall asleep?

......No pills here! I meditate

That's all for today, kiddies. I need to hit the sack and try to get a good night's sleep. Not only do I need to be on the ball to deal with an ice storm during my morning commute, but I also have an appointment to donate blood after work. A good night's sleep will be helpful.

Good night, all, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before the days it out.

THANK YOU Pam

Old 02-12-2019, 09:39 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,352,256 times
Asking questions of one's self aloud is not bad but when you begin answering angrily, it may be time to worry.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:39 AM

24,463 posts, read 25,999,509 times
TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Only after doing sometning stupid and it's usually 4 letter words.

Do find that, at least occasionally, talking aloud helps you figure out a problem or task you are working on?

Talk yes, baby talk no.

No

BONUS QUESTIONS

Do you remember what design was on your lunch box when you were a kid in school?
No lunch box here.

I did at times.

Sack or Tupperware.

Only on trips.

Good idea.

EXTRA CREDIT

Fitfully as in most nights.

Have you ever been so overtired that you found it difficult to fall asleep when you wen to bed?
Probably

Do you sometimes have a night when you just can't seem to shut your brain down so that you can fall asleep?
Yes, most nights.

Fight thru it with thr tv on.

Thanx Pam, great Q's for a Tue. Getting anxious?

Old 02-12-2019, 12:41 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,794,345 times
Greetings, everyone! Happy Tuesday. Let's get right down to business and see what's happening with

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Yes I do I'm ashamed to say, and I did it just a few minutes ago while getting read to brush my teeth. After I do it I tell myself to shut up

It does seem to help in those situations

All my pets passed away, my dog Cookie was the last to go back in August. But when I did have pets I would talk to them mostly like they were human and could understand me. Guess that's why I'm talking to myself now

I don't know, maybe?

Yes squirrels, chipmunks and deer but they always run away

BONUS QUESTIONS

No I wish that I did, it was probably something like Scooby-Doo or Barbie

I did sometimes when I was working, not all the time

Paper bag or cooler, depending on what it was

I use a Yeti everyday does that count? They're great btw if someone was considering investing in one, it's worth the money

I don't drink it anymore but when I did I drank it everywhere, I was addicted

If you love fancy coffee drinks but hate spending a heap o' money on them, try this: take a packet of regular or diet hot cocoa mix and instead of using water to make the cocoa, use coffee. Voila! A delicious mocha latte for a fraction of the price of those fancy coffee drinks from Starbucks or other retailers. great idea

EXTRA CREDIT

not too bad actually for me. But day before yesterday was a hard day for me so I was extremely tired.

Yes lots of times

It's pretty much how it is with me all the time except for the rare night like last night

Nothing

Good night, all, have a totally terrific Tuesday, and don't forget to commit an act of kindness before the days it out.

Thanks Pam, hope your commute went well!

Old 02-12-2019, 03:23 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
[quote=PJSaturn;54408722]Greetings, everyone! Happy Tuesday. Let's get right down to business and see what's happening with

TODAY'S QUESTIONS

Yes, the other day when I dropped something because the hand doesn't work as well as it should. It had something to do with fudge.
I'm more of a thinker.
I talk to him in a kind way like I'd talk to a child.
Nope.
All the time. The deer in the park come closer and listen when I'm out there at night. They've known me for years. I can actually get pretty close.
BONUS QUESTIONS

Did I have one
With my last job, yes. There really wasn't a cafeteria.
I had a lunch bag with the work logo on it.
I would say probably never.
No. I would never eat or drink or text while driving my car. It has a manual transmission.
Interesting but I'm not a mocha fan.
EXTRA CREDIT

Pretty good for the first half when I fell asleep on the couch. I was actually dreaming. I was forced back into reality by a Yorkie that needed to go do his business. I was up for a couple of hours before I went to sleep for the second time.
Not after working a pm night shift double. Going to bed at 8am is killer. I was asleep in seconds.
All the time.
Binge watching The Andy Griffith Show.

Thanks Pam. I hope you made it okay. We just goy home from watching They'll Never Grow Old and it's quite slick out there. Next winter you won't have to deal with it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics