Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 09:30 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,797,628 times

Advertisements

I'm a member of soldier's angels (www.soldiersangels.com) (broken link). I write weekly and send care packages once a month to my adopted soldier. He rarely has a chance to respond, since he works 16 and 17 hour days, but did respond once with a huge and hearty thanks - he says it keeps him motivated to get such letters and small gifts, just like a slice of home. I encourage everyone to do what they can to help a military person in any way they can. Regardless of what you think of the war, these people are sacrificing everything in many cases. The original post and those that followed are great. Keep up the kind thoughts for our troops!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2006, 09:34 AM

2,815 posts, read 12,956,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard View Post
I have an elderly friend who's been talking about his grandson in Iraq. Nonstop. The soldier is 22 now. He got home end of last week, and he's in one piece. My friend is up there in age and started to let little stuff around the house go. It started to show. Grandson Danny has been back about 3 days, time to catch up on sleep and maybe shop for a few gifts and really party, right.

Wrong! I checked in on them today and Danny's cut the hedges and trees back and began painting the house. Senior Senior says he's so proud of that boy..... I didn't see a boy out there, I saw a MAN, and I would be just as proud. He's sacraficed more than enough but still has the spirt. He wasn't asked to do any of this, he just knows what's right. Sometimes you think society's in the dumper, but then you see stuff like that. Made my day. Or no, my year.

Danny Jr, you f****n rock like a true Marine!
What a great post! Moved me to well up. What a wonderful grandson! I'm so pleased to read such a warming story and I'm glad for the grandpa who's so proud and I'm in full admiration with 100% respect for the Marine grandson who'd taken upon himself to get grandpa's house set right and help him out without being asked to. There are good young people in this country and I wish I could tell that young man myself that he's now my hero.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:46 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,197,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard View Post
I have an elderly friend who's been talking about his grandson in Iraq. Nonstop. The soldier is 22 now. He got home end of last week, and he's in one piece. My friend is up there in age and started to let little stuff around the house go. It started to show. Grandson Danny has been back about 3 days, time to catch up on sleep and maybe shop for a few gifts and really party, right.

Wrong! I checked in on them today and Danny's cut the hedges and trees back and began painting the house. Senior Senior says he's so proud of that boy..... I didn't see a boy out there, I saw a MAN, and I would be just as proud. He's sacraficed more than enough but still has the spirt. He wasn't asked to do any of this, he just knows what's right. Sometimes you think society's in the dumper, but then you see stuff like that. Made my day. Or no, my year.

Danny Jr, you f****n rock like a true Marine!
What a wonderful young man who obviously was raised with wonderful values. Have a Merry Christmas, Danny Jr., and thank you for defending our country. God bless you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics