Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 06:59 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,180,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
City data folks who complain a lot but offer no solutions.
I think that's gotta be about 40% of the human race actually....I have seen this kind of conduct in all kinds of community environments, all kinds of neighborhoods, all kinds and colors of people, and the habit is so consistent across the board with so many people that I have come to believe a lot of people are just that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 07:30 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,217,168 times
We live in a quiet neighborhood in a small town, except for one house at the end of the block. It's known as the "meth" house. The owner invites all kinds of lowlifes in and they have the rest of us very paranoid. I never used to lock my barn, but I got a few items stolen, so now it's locked all the time. I have heard of other houses being burgled. We've notified the police and the patrols have stepped up, but nothings really changed. I just wish they would get busted or go away.

Old 09-06-2019, 11:16 AM

6,372 posts, read 4,985,124 times
Why am I still getting charged for the Reno newspaper subscription after I unsubscribed over the phone?

Old 09-07-2019, 01:32 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
I’m surprised that over the years I’m now seeing more and more stupid people out and about. Today I noticed customers at a fast-food location that seemed to ignore having good habits of picking up after themselves; not one but a number of different customers at different tables.

Then while driving home I notice yet another stupid driver who seems to need to be ahead of a group of cars that he was behind. Naturally he finds a small hole between a couple of cars in the other lane and “jumps” into it, then “back” to the lane he/she just left after seeing yet another hold between cars. He did this for a mile or two before he/she was out of sight.

Stupid seems to be more evident these days – why?

Old 09-11-2019, 10:38 AM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
We live in a nice quiet neighborhood, except for one guy who runs sub-woofers at full volume. I think the house shakes a little bit. I'm a musician and like blues, rock and even some metal. I have no idea what kind of music he plays. All I hear is BOOM! BOOM!
I'm with NoiseFreeAmerica, and they once gave me an update on what cities/states are doing about "Noise Terrorists" across the country. I distinctly read: $1500 fine in Oregon for playing loud music in your car.

In Edmonton, Alberta they now have, first of a kind, Noise Radar.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:42 PM

6,372 posts, read 4,985,124 times
Welp. I f***ed up bad. I hope it's not fire-ably bad. Time to do everything I can to fix this.

Old 09-14-2019, 09:42 AM

389 posts, read 276,166 times
The SOB who drives 30 below the speed limit on the freeway. Um buddy,, do you not realize by doing this and forcing people to slow from 110 to 75 or 80 you are endangering lives!!! If you can't drive, pull off the road, if your vehicle is having issues, put on your hazards!!!
My rant for today

Old 09-14-2019, 10:39 AM

5,901 posts, read 3,789,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Can you bring her a housewarming gift? Like a potted plant (if she doesnt have pets that would eat it) or leave a greeting card on her door, welcome to the neighborhood, sorry for the rough start. Maybe leave out that last part.
Thanks bjh, I did exactly what you mentioned and bought a greeting card welcoming her to the neighborhood and wrote a short note that most of us in the neighborhood are friendly and helpful and I think she will like living here. I mentioned the episode briefly, told her that I was horribly embarrassed by crazy neighbor's actions and apologized for the incident. I haven't given it to her yet, I thought I would put it in her mailbox to make sure she gets it since it's finally been raining!

I appreciate your input, can't rep ya but you know I will when I can!

Old 09-15-2019, 09:26 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,925,477 times
I think a little complaining is good for us as long as it doesn't occupy too much of our time.

Old 09-19-2019, 09:04 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,869,458 times
Complaining has health advantages if it’s done correctly, that is to make your comment or complaint and “let it go”. Afterword you feel better, less stress on your heart, and your mind is now focused on a better day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics