U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:34 AM

2,073 posts, read 3,682,330 times
I'm a reader. Not a heavy reader - but I'm usually reading a book slowly. Right now I'm reading "The Deniers" ... it's titled after what Al Gore calls people who don't believe the global warming hype. It's by Lawrence Solomon, a scientists who doesn't feel the science of global warming is settled.

My favorite is "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" ... I've re-read it 3 times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 07:50 AM

1,823 posts, read 3,400,445 times
I'm not really a book reader, just newspaper and a magazine once in awhile.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:52 AM

19,765 posts, read 16,408,098 times
Yeah, I may not read as often as I should. But every day theres the daily work logs at work. The pricing menu. special order lighting. My schedule, as our schedules sometimes change from day to day. And of course, the forums Im involved in.
As far as the animal crackers....I just bought a pkg last night from the vending machine at work and they were yummie!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:52 AM

9,643 posts, read 10,634,556 times
Are you a "reader" ? yes I am

Bonus question: Do you ever "reread" your favorites ? Yes i do, I just started rereading one.

Because I can't be the only one who does this, extra credit ?

If the book is part of a "series" or follows a certain character,do you have to read them in "order" yes

Animal cracker day...Yum

Old 04-18-2008, 07:53 AM

19,765 posts, read 16,408,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro223 View Post
I'm a reader. Not a heavy reader - but I'm usually reading a book slowly. Right now I'm reading "The Deniers" ... it's titled after what Al Gore calls people who don't believe the global warming hype. It's by Lawrence Solomon, a scientists who doesn't feel the science of global warming is settled.

My favorite is "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" ... I've re-read it 3 times.

I didnt read the book but saw the movie twice. It was good.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:54 AM

13,321 posts, read 29,633,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post

Todays question:

Are you a "reader" ?
Yes!
Quote:
Bonus question: Do you ever "reread" your favorites ?
Over and over again.
Quote:

If the book is part of a "series" or follows a certain character,do you have to read them in "order"
Yes, I like to read them in order.
Sometimes, like Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series, or Mary Stewart's Aruthurian series, I discovered it back when the very first one came out, so going in order happened naturally.
But other series, such as George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, I discovered quite late in the game, so I had to buy up all the paperbacks, figure out the correct order, and get caught up with the story (which is enthralling.)

Old 04-18-2008, 08:00 AM

10,184 posts, read 18,403,515 times
Check out the "Book Forum" for the answer.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:03 AM

9,250 posts, read 7,765,113 times
all of us avid readers!

Old 04-18-2008, 08:13 AM

35,000 posts, read 22,556,152 times
Are you a "reader" ?
yes indeed, I'll read anything.

absolutely, til they're in shreds, then buy a new copy. I like different editions, too.

If the book is part of a "series" or follows a certain character,do you have to read them in "order" ?
no. It's also interesting to jump around through a writer's development over time

Old 04-18-2008, 08:23 AM

105 posts, read 82,191 times
Are you a "reader" ?
I love books. No better store than a book store. Always have at least one I'm in the middle of. However, I must admit it is rare for me to every get to the end of a book.

Sometimes, but rarely.

If the book is part of a "series" or follows a certain character,do you have to read them in "order"

Definately. It just isn't rational to start a series anywhere than at the beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics