Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 08:29 AM

54,477 posts, read 33,772,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Todays question:

When yo have to be somewhere(other than work) are you
1. early
2. right on time
3. "yup (your name here) is late as usual" is frequently heard

Bonus question :
If you answered #3 do friends/family tell you the meeting time is 30 mins or more than it really is in hopes you will be on time

Just to be fair extra credit :
Have you ever told someone to meet you earlier than the real time in hopes that they will be on time ?

"When Yo"? Good morning Karla and everyone else! Or should I say "Yo! Good morning Karla!" - Are we Italian today? If so, I think I'll have eggs and Linguine for breakfast!

I think 1, 2, and 3 apply to me. For the most part, I'm either early or on time, but on occasions, I'll be late also.

My best friend, whom I've known since high school, he's always late, so whenever we set up something, I usually set it up 30 minutes earlier than the actual time. You can count on the sun rising and setting everyday, death, taxes, and my friend always being late!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
I'm usually early ... sometimes very early ... sometimes ridiculously early!!

In that spirit, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all my City Data friends a very Merry Christmas!!

Charley
LOL...

Charley, we can look at this in a different way and say that you're about 5 and a half months late!

Old 05-02-2008, 08:40 AM

27,245 posts, read 27,307,176 times
I usually am early, but there have been times when I just barely make it, but those were times where traffic was an issue, not because my procrastinating.
My daughter, though, is one who we need to set her timing to an HOUR early for some things, that girl got lost using one of those GPI devices and was an hour late picking up my son from LAX, lol.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:46 AM

2,071 posts, read 11,991,866 times
I'm always on time. I have a friend who is always an hour or more late (I think she likes to make that entrance - it drives us all crazy). Another friend is always on time, and I do appreciate it, because I don't have transportion and she's my driver

Old 05-02-2008, 08:52 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,579,769 times
Early. If it's some place I've never been, I will drive it a day or two in advance to make sure I know where it is and see how long it takes to get there.

Extra credit: I haven't but I know people who do for those few lost souls among us.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Today in history :
May 2, 1919 1st U.S. air passenger service starts
LOL.. it's a safe bet, that flight ran about 30 minutes late!

Quote:
Today is :
National Truffles Day - do you think they mean the chocolate ones or the underground ones
and
National Sibling Appreciation Day
and how can we not mention
National No Pants Day - why do I see this causing a certain someone to be sent you know where
Okay, here it goes, No Pants Day? I thought today is FriDay Okay, I'll celebrate No Pants Day and wear my skirt and western boots...

You don't have to say it Karla, I'm on the way.. See you all in a few hours.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:04 AM

27,245 posts, read 27,307,176 times
I almost forgot about the 'no pants' part, but since Im off today, might just take a drive over to my work and see how many people are daring enough to participate.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:11 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,198,140 times
Actually, Mike, that was pretty tame. You can come out of your room.

I'm terminally early. Hey, ya never know. You get there early, you might get out early! I've threatened to tell people (hey, Sis, are ya listening???) an earlier time to get them there when they should be, but I don't think I ever have.

Just left DH off at the airport, so he's celebrating the anniversary of the 1st commercial flight. Poor fella's a mess. He took not one but two pills to calm down. I told him I was going to pin a note on his shirt to make sure he's on that flight.

As far as Nat'l no pants day.. I knew there was a reason I put on a skirt! LOL

Old 05-02-2008, 09:16 AM

LiveWire, isn't it interesting the second syllable in the word "Chocolate" is "Late".. I guess it could have been "Latte" also..

You love Choco-Late, could that be the reason your daughter got that "Late" gene?

Old 05-02-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Actually, Mike, that was pretty tame. You can come out of your room.
LOL.. tame? Oh.. I forgot to mention that it's a pink skirt!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics