U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 12:31 PM

6,351 posts, read 13,247,427 times

Advertisements

I tend to be early for appointments (especially now that I'm married to a German woman!) But I usually am at work 30 minutes early (we don't punch a time clock, just get a load and go) As an aside, when we were first married and we invited frinds over for dinner, my lovely bride always timed dinner to be ready at the time our guests were told to arrive. She's LONG been broken of that habit! And, yes, we've had friends and relatives that we've "fudged" a bit on the arrival time so that they'll be there when we need them to be...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 02:28 PM

1,641 posts, read 3,422,048 times
Usually on time, my parents told me it was rude to be early because the hosts would be frantically running around getting ready. But being late - well, that just wasn't allowed. No IFs Ands or Buts about it. German. Sheesh.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:20 PM

4,597 posts, read 7,499,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Okay, here it goes, No Pants Day? I thought today is FriDay Okay, I'll celebrate No Pants Day and wear my skirt and western boots...

Be sure to take a picture to share, Mike. When you get out of your room, that is.

Old 05-02-2008, 03:26 PM

4,597 posts, read 7,499,301 times
When I was still teaching, I was always early, but then I enjoyed having some of the 'school day' to myself, and I learned early in my teaching career, if something was going to go wrong -- I wanted plenty of time to have to deal with it.

On the occasion I go substitute-teach, I am on-time.

Most other occasions, I am on-time, and generally don't have a problem being on-time, unless my husband, who is an early-bird starts pacing in the house and making me a nervous wreck. Then, it seems I can't get ready to save my life.

National Truffle Day and National No Pants Day. Sounds like a plan -- like, if you eat too much chocolate, you're gonna need to lose them pants? Or perhaps losing the pants will win you some chocolate? I am starting to get some i-d-e-a-s for some grown-up games, even.

Mike, you got room?

Old 05-02-2008, 03:31 PM

17,827 posts, read 21,471,252 times
another day of fun responses

mike if you post a picture we will give you 2 no 3 get out of your room free cards

lol btw it was 1 am so my typing skills had well abandoned me

Old 05-02-2008, 03:47 PM

7,088 posts, read 11,906,645 times
I'm usually early or right on time and yes, I have told people before the wrong time just so they would be on time.
My pet peeve is late people unless there is a valid reason.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:11 PM

18 posts, read 44,070 times
I try to be a little early, my husband on the other hand is a little late. Makes for an interesting time when we have to be somewhere together. I'm usually pacing and he's still watching tv.

There's a few people I tell the event is earlier than it is. (hubby)

Old 05-03-2008, 12:43 AM

42,938 posts, read 19,861,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
another day of fun responses

mike if you post a picture we will give you 2 no 3 get out of your room free cards

lol btw it was 1 am so my typing skills had well abandoned me
RDSLOTS and Karla, well I tried to stop some people so they can take a picture of.. how I celebrated National No Pants day, but when they saw me, for some reason they ran away scared for some reason..

Old 05-03-2008, 06:18 AM

17,827 posts, read 21,471,252 times
mike you should of taken a picture of their faces when you stood there in your pink skirt and asked

that probably would of been worth a few "get out of your room " cards

Old 05-03-2008, 07:24 AM

3,494 posts, read 4,497,808 times
I'm usually right on time, rarely early, occasionally late. Not trying to be rude being late, but having so many kids you never know whats going to happen when your trying to be on time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics